The Ironic Nature of Paradox Forums

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Considering at least a chunk of the suggestions are basic improvements to the game's user interface, no.

I find this difficult to reconcile. Either they aren't reading many of these posts, or they read them and log the bugs, then decide that they're sufficiently low priority to take a back seat to both new DLC content *and* the numerous changes that make the cut and get implemented in the patches.

It's hard to believe a developer would say "yeah, re-assigning how AE is distributed in some subject situations is way more important to change than a flagrant user interface lie that was clearly documented and readily reproducible", then go on to ignore the latter for two major patches. I think it's actually more generous to conclude that they don't read that forum carefully, because the alternative conclusion is pretty bad.
Well, QA definitely reads the bug report forum. Forzaa and DDRJake post in there reasonably often. Based on the content of those posts, what they do is log verified issues internally in whatever bug tracking software PDS uses.

Thing is, something like a UI mistake probably gets classified as a minor issue in terms of importance (because it doesn't cause crashes or interact with other game systems). And I'd be willing to bet there are hundreds of "minor issues" sitting in their internal software at this point.

Beyond that, fixing a UI mistake that's present in terms of wording is actually probably harder for a programmer than tweaking something numeric under the hood. That's because the UI is localized into many languages, so properly fixing any such issue means having the text checked and potentially tweaked in all the languages. Probably PDS uses contractors for at least some translations; I'm not sure they're big enough to have full-time translators in-house, and I don't recall ever seeing them named anywhere if they are there. That would make these kinds of fixes expensive, so what you'd want to do is try to do them alongside other work you needed to have done anyway for some paid DLC feature in order to minimize costs.

Not to sound like I'm making excuses; issues need to get fixed. Just, it's probably more challenging than it may seem upon initial consideration, even if I'm off in some of the details.

Don't post it here. Post it there :(. Then I'll respond to it :). And I'm totally not advertising. Oh no, no, no my friend. I merely acknowledged the existence a suggestion that happens to be mine.
Yeah sry, out of time since I´m cooking and doing this on my phone :p that´s also the reason why I kept it short :)

Suggestion-box.jpg

Reactions:
Another thing I've noticed is that Johan doesn't seem to reply to Dev Diaries as much as Wiz did, which makes me miss his presence as project lead even more.

Reactions:
Another thing I've noticed is that Johan doesn't seem to reply to Dev Diaries as much as Wiz did, which makes me miss his presence as project lead even more.

Yeah, even the classic "no/yes" reply would be nice to read.
He haven´t this time around, but even when Wiz was still part of the team and last week he was quite active in responses... So there just might have come something in the way, also... Wiz was quite active compared to others, but he at times didn´t have the time, especially close to release, so he wouldn´t always reply and people also noted it back then...

it got removed a while ago. mainly because you could see who was disagreeing with you. potentially starting fights and accusations of trolling.

What kind of hypocrisy on the side of Paradox is that? Do we really need babysitting? There are already moderators here to police bad behavior. I suggest we keep this forum open and straight!

Reactions:
He haven´t this time around, but even when Wiz was still part of the team and last week he was quite active in responses... So there just might have come something in the way, also... Wiz was quite active compared to others, but he at times didn´t have the time, especially close to release, so he wouldn´t always reply and people also noted it back then...
Here's hoping Johan is not active becaus he's busy. Others on the other hand seem more active.

I don't particularly care whether or not they answer the posts or not, but it does bother me that i can't tell whether or nor not it actually gets read. Like when you report a "low priority" bug, without ever getting responses to it, and seeing the issue not getting fixed, even over a year after the first report.

Reactions:
Here's hoping Johan is not active becaus he's busy. Others on the other hand seem more active.
He was quite active a week ago answering questions... But he might just have dragged a nugget from the shelf and dug his hands into it to get it done for more flavour for the DLC ;-) Well... Here´s for wishful thinking :-D

Also, you never replied to the post in suggestion, though I made a good effort spelling it out and trying to address the issue :p

Reactions:
He was quite active a week ago answering questions... But he might just have dragged a nugget from the shelf and dug his hands into it to get it done for more flavour for the DLC ;-) Well... Here´s for wishful thinking :-D

Also, you never replied to the post in suggestion, though I made a good effort spelling it out and trying to address the issue :p
I didn't have time, I had a very busy week, and it's still going on >_<. I also wanted to read some of your suggestions, but god are they lengthy, and time is never on my side :(.
giphy.gif

There should be a special "acknowledged" button (like agree, helpful etc.) but reserved for paradox employees
How's that for an irony, this was my exact suggestion back when the Helpful / Agree / Disagree system was introduced. Now I'd say there need to be Helpful / Agree / Disagree (without respectfuly) / Acknowledged / Funny / Prestige or Respect.

Reactions:
I didn't have time, I had a very busy week, and it's still going on >_<. I also wanted to read some of your suggestions, but god are they lengthy, and time is never on my side :(.
Yeah sorry for not just saying yes and no ;-) I know it´s lengthy, but in my mind it´s the only way to have a meaningful way to improve suggestions and seeing where the other comes from... Really dislike when all people do is simply state "no", though i get why it happens at times... But it doesn´t really bring anything to the discussion...

Yeah sorry for not just saying yes and no ;-) I know it´s lengthy, but in my mind it´s the only way to have a meaningful way to improve suggestions and seeing where the other comes from... Really dislike when all people do is simply state "no", though i get why it happens at times... But it doesn´t really bring anything to the discussion...
If you're just going to say "No", you might as well not say anything. Not to mention you need a lesson about punctuation. But it's not like you only have a choice between a one word response and a Lord of the Rings trilogy style response.

If you're just going to say "No", you might as well not say anything. Not to mention you need a lesson about punctuation. But it's not like you only have a choice between a one word response and a Lord of the Rings trilogy style response.
Try to keep things as short as possible... Not always succesful though :)

Our forums actually support just that. You can add helpful, disagree or agree. If you look at the top of each page you will find a "sort posts by" where you can sort by each individual rating type.

This is only inside threads though. I suppose you mean it should be possible to sort entire threads like it.

@BjornB Do you think it would be possible to add "Funny" as an option? Right now, people are using either "Agree" or "Helpful" to designate a post as "funny" which kind of distorts the statistics and make it almost impossible to ascertain how much of these are genuine "agreed" or "helpful", especially if posts contains both serious and funny parts.

Reactions:
@BjornB Do you think it would be possible to add "Funny" as an option? Right now, people are using either "Agree" or "Helpful" to designate a post as "funny" which kind of distorts the statistics and make it almost impossible to ascertain how much of these are genuine "agreed" or "helpful", especially if posts contains both serious and funny parts.
First off... When do they do that :) have never really used it for funny though... But if somebody does :) Also, since some posts are long (mine included) it´s difficult where it´s funny or serious... Though I can see some misuse to such a button :-/

First off... When do they do that :) have never really used it for funny though... But if somebody does :) Also, since some posts are long (mine included) it´s difficult where it´s funny or serious... Though I can see some misuse to such a button :-/

People has mentioned at various points that they used "helpful" or "agree" to mark posts as "funny". "Helpful" seem to be more commonly used in this respect based on what I've read from their comments regarding this.

People has mentioned at various points that they used "helpful" or "agree" to mark posts as "funny". "Helpful" seem to be more commonly used in this respect based on what I've read from their comments regarding this.
Didn´t see that one, but if that´s the case... It might be good to have some distinction from them, so it doesn´t get misleading :)

Didn´t see that one, but if that´s the case... It might be good to have some distinction from them, so it doesn´t get misleading :)

I do that; when a post is obviously not informative but I find it funny, I mark it 'helpful' :)

Maybe it's just my immature self that can't resist how ironic that is...

Reactions: