The Ironic Nature of Paradox Forums

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Edmon

TheEdmon on YouTube
34 Badges
Jul 11, 2014
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
Follow the rules and post a suggestion in the suggestion forums... get ignored.
Break the rules and post a suggestion in the general forums ... get a response.

And as per many of the suggestion threads that end up in general, I'm going to say that I posted in the suggestion forum first but got ignored.

Reactions:
just because you post in the suggestion forum doesn't mean you get a response. Devs (especially Wiz) have said they do read the suggestion forum but don't always respond. So keep posting there, it will be read ;)

Reactions:
just because you post in the suggestion forum doesn't mean you get a response. Devs (especially Wiz) have said they do read the suggestion forum but don't always respond. So keep posting there, it will be read ;)
Without any kind of feedback goodwill will quickly run out. That's human nature. So I would suggest to NOT posting in suggestion subforum. Unless you just wanted to express your fantasies and don't really care if anyone will even read them.

Reactions:
Yeah it seems pretty fruitless posting in the suggestions sub forums. Just now i had a look and the last dev response is on page 10. They should try to post there more often if they want the sub forum to work fully. If people see that devs are around it means more suggestions/ideas and that's always a good thing.

Reactions:
They also said they will rate your post "helpful" if they read it. Go ahead, check how many posts are marked as helpful. And then consider that only the OP knows if the helpful was from a Dev or a random forum member. He's right. Nobody pays attention to the suggestion forum.

Reactions:
It is quite sad, often the suggestions on the main forum are awful.

There are some really good suggestions in the suggestions forum that appear to have not been looked at.

Reactions:
They also said they will rate your post "helpful" if they read it. Go ahead, check how many posts are marked as helpful. And then consider that only the OP knows if the helpful was from a Dev or a random forum member. He's right. Nobody pays attention to the suggestion forum.
Hmm, I could have sworn it was possible to see a list of people who marked a post as agree/etc but maybe that's another forum I'm thinking of... (or it got removed with whatever forum update/revamp happened recently?)

Hmm, I could have sworn it was possible to see a list of people who marked a post as agree/etc but maybe that's another forum I'm thinking of... (or it got removed with whatever forum update/revamp happened recently?)
You can see who has rated your posts. They disabled the ability to see who has rated other people's posts quite some time ago.

Reactions:

It used to be possible. I don't really know what happened to it, but it's been gone for a few months now.

It used to be possible. I don't really know what happened to it, but it's been gone for a few months now.

it got removed a while ago. mainly because you could see who was disagreeing with you. potentially starting fights and accusations of trolling. being constantly updated with each agree and disagree was also irritating.

i would at least like to see who agrees with you though.

Reactions:
i would at least like to see who agrees with you though.
You can see who has rated your posts. Mouse over your username in the top right of the screen, then click "Ratings Received" in the dropdown. You just don't get alerts for ratings and don't have access to a list of ratings other people have received.

Reactions:
Sure that's the right one? I thought it was 'We haven't had or listened to a single complaint'

Phrasing is important! It goes "I/we haven't listened to a single complaint." That way, even if you get tons it can still be technically correct, which as we all know, is the best kind of correct.

It's true that over time the purpose of the suggestions subforum seems to have deteriorated, though not as bad as the strategy subforum, which is somehow still locked behind registration and dated.

Reactions:
I think you just proved his point.
His point proved itself. I've posted to the suggestion forum three or four times, and browse it often. I have literally never received nor seen a "helpful" on any post.

I think the Paradox Suggestion Forum is basically the digital equivalent of the old joke about the suggestion box with an open bottom placed above a trash can.

Reactions:
Follow the rules and post a suggestion in the suggestion forums... get ignored.
Break the rules and post a suggestion in the general forums ... get a response.

And as per many of the suggestion threads that end up in general, I'm going to say that I posted in the suggestion forum first but got ignored.
They don´t get ignored, just don´t get as much of a respond... I post both places depending on the topic... The good thing about suggestions is that people who follow that forum actually want to discuss suggestions and don´t just rage on you for suggesting changes they don´t like ;-)

If I post purely suggestions, I post there... If I question a mechanic or want to discuss why they do something and how I would like to see it, I view it as a more general discussion and post here... Usually, if it bears fruit I then post the conclusion later in right forum, since the discussion has been had and taken other views into account :)

Reactions:
bug report subforum doesn't get read by devs either..

Tagging a dev works better to report a bug also, if you make a thread on it in general forum ;)

(ok this is cynical post, but I DO wonder if bug report forum gets intensively read by devs)

Reactions: