• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Migthy

History is our playground
18 Badges
Mar 31, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
THE IRON STORM

2epnitt.jpg

The Iron Storm - An AAR based on the Iron Storm video game.
I couldn't use the WW1 because of the 1920 enddate (and AAR mod is too instabile) so I decided to go to Kaiserreich.
I will try to make my best to make the wish of the Baron to come true. "An empire from an ocean to another, An empire from Pacific to Atlantic!".
I know you will not like it..but I had to use the manpower cheat .. otherwise a Mongolian Empire couldn't be possible..esspecially in the terms of the Iron Storm.
The Iron Storm video game is an alternate video game. WW1 never ended, Mongolia seized control of Russia with the ocassion of the Civil War. Then they destroyed the Germans and the war with the Entente has started.
The game is taking place in 1964, the trench warfare is still there, but with ww2 and cold war weapons..
In my AAR the things will be a bit different...but I still expect trench warfare and the modern weapons as I have less leaders, and somehow stronger troops.

Chapters

January first, we celebrate the new year.
33eu3rk.jpg

Just after a week from the new year's eve, the Russian president, Kerensky was assasinated. We will profit from it !
jjvfpl.jpg

We have a new head of governament, one much stronger who will prepare us to war !
n5o5ec.jpg

After some thinking, the Baron decided to send an envoy to Tibet. After some days we received their response:
"We will fight in the name of Buddha!"
2hqx7ph.jpg

Our brothers shall receive all the help they need against that so-called 'country'.
28at11z.jpg

THE SECOND RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR !!
We must start thinking our strategies ! It might be our only chance to take control of Siberia !
2w7kglj.jpg

The Xibei state, in response of our help to the Mongolian brothers, declared war ! WE WILL LIBERATE OUR BROTHERS!
vcyx51.jpg

The first breakthrough !
dol4t4.jpg

Siberia declared independece from Russia ! We must waste no more time against Xibei !
t8511l.jpg

The Civil War is going on..
mwtd91.jpg

At last, we claimed victory in Xibei ! Now we can take part in the Russian civil war!
2s7umo4.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, nice start, although I hope that you will continue your Soviet AAR soon!

PS. Is Mongolia able to form any kind of alliances with Japan or Qing for example?

My goal is to make alliance with Japan, same as in the game.

Time to create Eurasian Empire!

To Pacific!

Russo-Mongolian_Empire.png

After the destruction of the Xibei state and the coming of the second civil war, the question of a new empire appeared.
Ugenberg said :
This might be our only chance to expand, and we shall not miss it! From now on, Mongolia will be know as the Mongolian Empire !
2usgxom.jpg

Immediately after hearing the news of the new formed empire, Tibet left our alliance ! Their governament will pay with their lives for that!
10x7bph.jpg

By June 10, 1936 we fixed our first claims.
28743gl.jpg

And, finnaly our troops are storming the border with Siberia !!
v3zkf7.jpg

Forward! FORWARD !!!
2z40pyd.jpg

Novobirsk is ours !!
2le6liq.jpg

Their capital, Omsk is now under Mongolian control!
21br59u.jpg

One encirclement done in their new capital. Nothing can stop us!
154vc00.jpg

Pacific ... oh dear Pacific ! We will be the first Empire to link you to the Atlantic !
sopw1d.jpg

Siberia finnaly surrendered.
The Russians managed to get some territory too..
ta4sr5.jpg

Our eyes are now moved to China, Japan and Tibet. We must choose our allies and enemies with caution.
15ciq7r.jpg

Crusades in China!

china-1912-colour-photos-6.jpeg

After the declaration of the new formed empire, Tibet, our former ally in the war with Xibei, left the alliance. We promised revenge, not on the people, but on their governament !! Rally the hordes !
1693p5e.jpg

Without too much resistance from their army, we managed to conquer Tibet and to kill their foolish governament. We decided to not destroy their land.
k99ate.jpg

Meanwhile, in Ulanbataar, our Khan decided !
Japanese friends, Chinese enemies. A delegate was sent to Tokyo to discuss about the problems of their countries, while the army was sent to the borders of Taiping !
[
2s93bep.jpg

Their fortifications were no match for our army. We sacked their land, and with the resources and money found in Taiping, Siberia and some from Tibet, we bought one division of Japanese tanks !! The tanks are the future, the horses were a good weapon for Genghis Khan I, but Genghis Khan II will use this new and modern weapon. Hopefully the Japanese will make use of the resources and money we gave them .. and maybe this will help us to forge an alliance.
2co0xer.jpg

Soon after the defeat of the Taping rebels, we decided to destroy the Qing Empire, now when it's weak, once and for all .. and by doing this we will increase our comercial routes with Japan.
2uo3syx.jpg

First victory .. and what a victory ! We killed ~3300 , while they killed only ~30 .. we crushed the Chinese !!
x1i0cg.jpg

The battle of Linfen, even if we are outnumbered, we are still crushing the enemies !!
v7s3zd.jpg

The Japanese tank division managed to make a breakthrough in the southern front, where the important cities of the enemies are. Unfortunately they seems to be encircled.
dzcmef.jpg

Fortunately, we broke the encirclement and even advanced more.
2hd8wba.jpg

The battle of Beijing has started...
25auuxw.jpg

The Chinese are in full retreat .. Nothing can stop us!
287zn7q.jpg

Beijing is ours !
21b7hxy.jpg

And the war is over...
2ho9op5.jpg

The end of chapter I

They were quite useful in the war with Qing, the war would have been longer without them, because of the VP's in the southern Qing territory. With the tanks I managed to quickly take them without too much resistance.
Now the theatre will change from East Asia anyway. ;)

So far you're being lucky, in my game I got into a war with Japan and while finishing them off in Korea I was attacked by Soviet Russia...

Ah, not cool. I keep influencing Japan, I need that alliance at all costs. I don't fear the Russians, they are weak and still fighting the civil war. With help from Japan I could destroy them easy.

Mongolia is stronk! :D

Maybe you could legitimize your rule over China by creating New Han dynasty? Of course there is no doubt who'd be founder of this new dynasty.

Just keep enough units in garrison and you can hold onto anything.