• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(34884)

Mombotian Marshal
Oct 2, 2004
Episode VIII: Battle of France is now released​

cover14ku.jpg

Last edited:
episode14rp.jpg

Episode I: Gathering Storm

The first episode, Gathering Storm, covers the rise of the Nazis in Germany and in Europe. The events included are the rise of Hitler in Germany, the Spanish Civil War, the Anti Comintern Pact and the Anschluss.

Download the episode now:

Filesize: 32 Mb
Videosize: 640 x 480
Best viewed: Fullscreen

Filesize: 8.9 Mb
Videosize: 320 x 240
Best viewed: 200%

PS. Please comment on the movie and give feedback. I had some clips for a while and decided to put them together, and here is the result. The course of the war is based upon a Germany '38 H/A game.

Last edited:
What, is this for real! :eek: OV how coooooool!!! :cool:

I do not have the bandwith to download it now so I will do tomorrow at work.
Which program did you used to build it?

Very interesting OV, and quite fun. I particularly enjoyed the music, and it had something of the 'feel' of one of the old cinema newsreels or propaganda films. I must admit though to noticing one typo in the affair (you missed an 's' off a 'success' somewhere along the line).

I take it you are playing Germany?

Very innovative concept! I d/led and watched the first episode and I was impressed at the quality of the production. There are a few spelling errors, though these were minor. I wonder if you'll be incorporating some HOI screenshots into future episodes? Nicely done with the music, and blending documentary dialogue into the episode. I'll be interested to see what kind of pace and scope you can develop with this format. Best of luck! :)

It was very well done and I was pleased. Few errors, but a very interesting way of displaying a story.

This sounds amazingly cool, though I can't watch it just yet as my home comp is way too slow. I'll check it out from work tomorrow though. Quite nifty!!

OV, I just watched it and it is great. Can I ask you how long it took you to make this?

Yes, quite painfully i already had an episode finished at 2 o clock yesterday. The program crashed as i was finishing it up. So i was pretty pissed and left it for what it was untill later. At 6 i again opened the program and windows had made a restore of the project. Luckely much was still there.

In the end making the film took about 2 hours, but finding the right pictures and videoclip etc. took a lot more time.

Also sorry for my broken English i was a bit hasty in my writing and forgot to double check. If i dont do that than it gets pretty messy.

Im working on Episode II but it might take some more time, and there indeed will be ingame screenshots.

EDIT: I totally forgot, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTS AND FEEDBACK most appreciated.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to watch it and I am impressed. Very original in the thinking and creative in the execution. I too wonder if you might not throw a few games screenies in there, though you may feel it takes a little away from the feel of the film. Perhaps with some editing, they might fit. MacRaith did a great series in the Gazette some time back on screenshot manipulation that may assist if that was a concern.

Looking forward to more! Great job!

That was great!

I couldn't help smiling about how well the music from Conan the Barbarian worked in your piece. Maybe you should have music source in the credits though?