• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Macke11

Used to write AARs
60 Badges
Sep 14, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Introduction

1. This is my first AAR

2. I'm playing with all the major expansions (later on will maybe try to use Cosscks, as I didn't have it when I started the AAR) and the mods Common Universalis,
Client states at 1444, Rosetta, The tenth idea and The silent continent.

3. I'm playing as a custom nation in northern India.

4. If you have any constructive critics on how I can improve the AAR, please share them with me.

5. I hope you enjoy!:)

List of content
1. The Surrounded Republic
2. The war
3. Kalapian politics
4. Wars,alliances, re-election and repaied loans
5. The Campaign
6. Kunwar's last year
7. A period of many Peshwas
8. The Kalapi-Delhian Brother War part 1
9. The Kalapi-Delhian Brother War part 2
10. The Kalapi-Delhian Brother War part 3
11. A new Patiala
12. The New Century
13. The King

The History of Kalapi (Before 1444 A.D)

In April 1407, the Kalapian Hindvi people revolted against the King of Jaunpur, who didn't tolerate their culture.
The Kalapian people believed in Hindu, like the most of India did. For eight years the Kalapians fought a guerrilla warfare against the Jaunpur army and they were lead by the merchant Ahriman Bundelakhand. In November 1415, the both sides finally met in the Battle for Bundelakhand. Ahrimans inferior numbers didn't make any difference because of his great skill in maneuver warfare and he managed to destroy the Jaunpur forces step-by-step. In January 1416, a peace was signed and Kalapi gained independence. Twenty years passed without any wars for Kalapi and Ahriman decided to make the Kingdom into a merchant republic. In November 1444, Ahriman lost the election against the nobles candidate, Kunwar Patiala. With Kunwar Patiala, the expansion of Kalapi began.

2015-10-31_00007_zpscutol8we.jpg

Last edited:
Part one - The surrounded Republic

Kunwar Patiala was now Peshwa of Kalapi, a nation with great potential to grow stronger. But first he needed to defeat his rivals Jaunpur, Malwa and Delhi, three nations that with their sphere's of influence surrounded Kalapi. Kunwar allied Dundhar, Jarkhand and Chanda in an attempt to strengthen his position in India. Then he made a big misstake, he allied Orissa and joined their war against Vijaynagar and Andhra. Kalapi and Orissa were defeated and the alliance was broken.
To replace Orissa, Kunwar allied Mewar, a country to the west with the same size as Kalapi. Meanwhile Kunwar had been fighting the war, border tensions had given Kalapi reasons to attack both Jaunpur and Malwa and a trade dispute against Delhi had began. August 3rd 1447, news reached India that a nation called Tam-Kang fought for the throne of China.
In the election of 1448, Kunwar was re-elected Peshwa, because the aristocrats ruled in Kalapi (Kunwar was from the aristocrats).

2015-10-31_00026_zpsk30wir0i.jpg

The re-elected Peshwa created a political council of three aristocrats, three merchants and three guildsmen. This council would control internal politics and, when the Peshwa was fighting wars, rule the country. A second council was created to control the military. It consisted of five aristocrats, two merchants and two guildsmen. November 5th 1449, the military council had made up a plan for a war against Malwa and later the same day the war declaration was sent. Would Kalapi win this war? Would Kunwar Patiala lead his nation to victory? Would the plan be successful?

2015-10-31_00031_zpsf8ziznee.jpg

(of some reason the game says the leaders/generals name is Ramòn Vega, though it is Kunwar Patiala):)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Does it work for you now?

At least it works for me so it should work for others. Thanks for the help!:)

Last edited:
Part two - The war

After some debate, the military council decided to send one of their noble members, Vinayakapala Chaulukya, to lead the Kalapian army. The army was 13000 men strong, of wich 11000 were infantrymen and 2000 cavalrymen. Malwa instantly launched an attack against Kalapi's ally Mewar, while the army of Mewar was attacking Malwa's ally Gondwana. The war plan had been to use the Kalapian army as a reserve force, while the allies conquered enemy territories and sieged forts. Now the reserve came to good use as it marched swiftly to face the Malwan army at Mevar, the Mewar capital. The battle would be fought the 16th of february 1450, on the plains of Mevar, wich favoured the Malwan superior numbers of cavalrymen. Vinayakapala had a lot of experience from the Independence war and was superior the enemy general Giyath Shah naru in maneuvering and using bowmen.
2015-10-31_00033_zpsmndmjil0.jpg

In the opening phase of the battle Vinayakapala used his bowmen for several Arrow storms against the enemy infantry in the center to weaken them up before the melee combat.
2015-10-31_00034_zpshssw1a0v.jpg

Then he withdrew his forces a bit to give the bowmen more time to fire, before he finally engaged the enemy forces in melee combat. The enemy forces stormed forwards with much power, but Vinayakapala managed to stop the enemy attack and push the Malwans back.
2015-10-31_00035_zpsikmm6wel.jpg

Meanwhile the Malwans withdrew and when they were reorganising, the Kalapian bowmen sent some Arrow storms against them. The Malwans had already lost around 3000 men and Kalapi around 2500.
2015-10-31_00036_zps9jsynekz.jpg

Giyath stormed to attack once again and was close to break through his enemy's line at several positions. Here the superior morale of the Kalapian army played its role as the soldiers held their ground without "a single step back", as Vinayakapala later described it when he reported to the military council.
2015-10-31_00038_zpspiyz5pce.jpg

In the end the enemy forces finally fled the battlefield. Later Giyath whas found dead on the ground. Kalapi's allies arrived an hour to late and didn't manage to stop the fleeing enemies, but the battle had still been a decisive victory for Kalapi. They had defeated the first of their three rivals. The war would continue for another year, but without any more important events, and end with total victory for Kalapi and their alliance.

2015-10-31_00045_zpsckc7ubpt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you, nice to hear you enjoy it! (I enjoy "The Sun Never Sets"):) Hopefully I will make new parts a little bit more often in the future.

Reactions:
Nice start.
I can only encourage you to continue. :)

Subbed.

Part Three - Kalapian Politics 1451-1453
The war had been won. The Peace treaty secured Kalapi as a major Power in India. The terms in the Peace treaty were as follows:
1. Malwa will have to end all treaties with their vassal Gondwana (end their overlordship)
2. Gondwana will have to give up all their land, except the capital, to Chanda, Jarkhand and Kalapi.
3. Malwa will give up their northwestern territories to Mewar.
4. Malwa will give up their northeastern territories to Kalapi.
5. The Sultan of Malwa will remain in Power, if he swears fealty to Kunwar Patiala and comming Peshwas of Kalapi.
6. Malwa will pay all the Money remaining in their treasury (whole 6 ducats;)) to Kalapi
2015-10-31_00046_zps0ihx0fuz.jpg

But Kalapi was in debt, as the war had been costly for their treasury. The war reparations from Malwa would
(suprisingly;)) not be enough for Kalapi to repay the loans. This started a dispute between the Traders and the nobles. The traders thought trading with Delhi was the only way to get the Money, while the Nobles said "we will never accept trading with our enemies, to do that would be dishounorable". After some time of consideration, Kunwar decided to support the nobles, as he to thought it would be dishounorable to support the proposal of the Traders. He banned all kinds of trade with Kalapian rivals and enemies. This of course gave the Nobles some influence, but they swiftly lost it when they demanded old privileges, wich Kunwar ignored.
2015-10-31_00048_zpsedaurdgw.jpg

2015-10-31_00049_zpsplofiik0.jpg

The power of the Nobles would then fall every month for a few years.
2015-10-31_00050_zps3ovrkmcx.jpg

The economic problems also stopped Kalapi from attacking Delhi, who was already under attack by the Timurids.
2015-10-31_00043_zpstmhmkvnq.jpg

Now Kunwars four years term was running out as the election of 1452 was closing in. Kunwar had been appointed Peshwa by the Nobles in the last election, but would they support him now, after he had ignored their demands. Though the Nobles had seen a decrease of influence they still had quite a lot left and would be deciding who would be the next Peshwa alone, as they had ca 70% of all the seats in the electoral council (the only thing the electoral council did was picking the next Peshwa). They did support Kunwar as they knew he was one of few that could solve the economic situation (without trading with rivals:)). The re-elected Peshwa later wrote in his chronicles: "I will probably never understand why those nobles decided to re-elect me, me, the man who had ignored their demands".
2015-10-31_00051_zpsqfaskla7.jpg

Two and a half month later Delhi and the Timurids signed a White Peace and Kunwar was thunderstruck.
2015-10-31_00052_zpsmznoojp8.jpg

(Because of this WritAAR week for me I will try to make another part tomorrow too, and you will probably like it if you like war:))

Last edited:
Part Four - Wars, Alliances, re-election and repaid loans 1453-1457
Kunwar wrote in his chronicles:"How, how could those @#&¤# Delhians defend themselves against one of our world's strongest powers!", but what he didn't know was that the Timurids had lost their Persian territories to a plague, around a hundred years ago. A half year after the election one of Kalapi's allies, Jarkhand, was attacked by Bengal, a nation in Eastern India that was allied with the Kingdom of Bahmanis in the south and Delhi in the west. Though his country was in debt and not ready for a new war, Kunwar honoured his alliance with Jarkhand, because they had helped him in the war against Malwa, and joined their defense against some of Indias greatest powers.
2015-10-31_00053_zpsxeadojtb.jpg

2015-10-31_00054_zpslngab0ej.jpg

Suprisingly neither Bahmanis or Delhi had joined Bengal, because if they had done so they would have totaly crushed Kalapi and Jarkhand. Vinayakapala, the general of the Kalapian army, instantly recieved orders from the military council and marched east to help the allied forces. It was to late though, as the call to arms from Jarkhand had reached Kalapi when their army was being crushed and even before Vinayakapala had managed to fight the Bengalis on the battlefield, he was met by a rider with a letter: Jarkhand had surrendered and their territories had been cut by half in the Peace agreement.
2015-10-31_00056_zpshbjcocjm.jpg

The war had lasted for a year, two months and ten days. When Vinayakapala returned home to the capital, he told Kunwar:
" I'm sure we could have defeated those Bengalis, we would just need a few mercenary regiments"
But Kunwar answered:

"And those mercenaries would have been enough to make us go bankrupt"
"It's also their decision to surrender, because we didn't loose anything in the Peace agreement", he added.

"But...", the general began.
"I know you are a master when it comes to military and strategies, but please, leave the economical and political matters to me", the Peswa said.
Then Vinayakapala left and the conversation ended.
Mid 1455 the nation of Vijaynagar seemed to have forgotten their conflict with Kalapi in the beggining of Kunwar's reign and the two nations signed an Alliance.

2015-10-31_00057_zpsx63qmalq.jpg

December the same year the influence of the nobles began to rise again and Kunwar was worried that they would start a coup to seize control in the country.
2015-10-31_00058_zpsbhk8jjfd.jpg

Seven months later there had been no coup, but the Peshwa still had a possible coup in mind.
July 1456 Vinayakapala proposed a new tactic that would be used by the military: the pike square. Kunwar accepted the new tactic, because he thought: If Vinayakapala thinks the tactic will be good for our military, it probably is.

2015-10-31_00059_zpsnek5ewh2.jpg

Now Kunwar had managed to stop the economical crisis and that was the biggest reason to why he was re-elected in november 1456, still with the nobles having the most influence over the results.
2015-10-31_00060_zpsamnrv0iv.jpg

In the begining of 1457 Kalapi allied Nepal, a country that would be helpfull in a war against Jaunpur. A few months later a message arrived in Kunwar's court: Nepal was requesting aid from Kalapi in The Jaunpuri Conquest of Mujaphpharapur. Kunwar sent an answer back to Nepal: Of course we will join your war. May your swords soon be full of Jaunpur blood. Signed: Kunwar Patiala, your honest and trustworthy ally.
Vinayakapala and the military council instantly started to make up plans for the war and the army was mobilizing.
2015-10-31_00061_zpsiza4xb6i.jpg

2015-10-31_00062_zpsqs7ych1e.jpg

Last edited:
Part Five - The Campaign 1457-1460
The plan the military council decided to follow was simple: First Vinayakapala would march south and fight the army of Gujarat, an ally to Jaunpur and then he would go north again and fight Jaunpur and Mewat. The general swiftly wiped out the Gujarat army through the same tactics as against Malwa: Superior maneuvering and use of bowmen. Muhammad Chudasama, the enemy general, had no chance as he fought against one of Indias greatest and most experienced commander.
2015-10-31_00063_zpsx4io9kzd.jpg

Vinayakapala was actually getting quite old, as he also had fought in the Independence war, ca 40 years ago. He had been one of the Kalapian founder Ahriman Bundelakhand's closest friends. After the victory in the south, Vinayakapala marched north to break an enemy siege of the capital. In the capital was the most important persons of the nation and one of them was the Peshwa. The battle of Kalapi was fought on the 27 January 1458. Thanks to a few mercenaries the General had hired on his march north the Kalapians had quite a lot more soldiers than their enemies. Actually Kalapi had more cavalry than their enemy for the first time ever, as their enemies didn't have any cavalry at all. The enemy general Pulkit Sardul was an amateur and was easily defeated by Vinayakapala.
2015-10-31_00064_zpsbuu7lsqk.jpg

After some resting and hiring of mercenaries in the capital, the army marched north to Mathura, where 13000 Jaunpuri soldiers were stationed. This battle would be a little bit more special than those Vinayakapala had fought recently and the general, Birjis Quadra ud Daula, was a little bit better than the Jaunpuri general in the latest battle, but he wasn't very good either. The Jaunpuri forces were suprised when Vinayakapala attacked them in their camp. First he let the bowmen shoot fire Arrows into the camp to burn it down sowed chaos in the enemy army. The Kalapian general then let his forces attack the disorganised enemies, wich instantly started to flee. Birjis managed to rally a regiment of cavalry and attack his enemy's left flank. Vinayakapala proved himself a great general again when he acted against the enemy counterattack. He first concentrated his Archers against the single cavalry regiment and let them fire a devastating Arrow storm before he used one of his pike Squares to stop the cavalrymen. Birjis was the first one to flee and the others soon followed him. The Kalapian cavalry had surrounded the camp and now they were hunting down all fleeing enemies.
Vinayakapala had won his greatest victory here, at Mathura. He killed and captured the entire enemy army, 9000 infantrymen and 4000 cavalrymen, while he only lost 2000 infantrymen. The Kalapian army then marched to siege Mewat.

2015-10-31_00072_zpsd1c7ya7j.jpg

During the war both administrative and trading advancements were made in the homelands of Kalapi. Almost a year after the battle, or rather the slaughter, of Mathura, Kalapi, Nepal and some other smaller nations fought the Gujarats, who had built up their army again, in the Battle of Mujaphpharapur. The Gujarat army lost twice as many soldiers as Kalapi and their allies. Unfortunately Vinayakapala had been wounded during the siege of Mewat and could not lead the forces in this final battle of the war. Instead the son of the Malwan general Giyath Shah Naru, the general Vinayakapala fought 1450, with the same name as his father, led the forces.
2015-10-31_00075_zpsgbxhe10k.jpg

August 1459 Kunwar appointed a trader as advisor to help fixing the economic problems after the war, while Vinayakapala was leading the final siege of Jaunapur.
2015-10-31_00076_zpsmqgndgor.jpg

At this Point Gujarat had already left the war and Jaunpur was alone. Kunwar and his council decided to sign Peace with the enemy and sent a message to Nepal:
The war is won so I'll sign a Peace with Jaunpur now. I'll take the province of Prayag and some Money, the rest is yours if you want to take it. Signed: Kunwar Patiala, your honest and trustworthy ally.

2015-10-31_00080_zpstnhxxdji.jpg

(Hope you enjoyed these Three parts this weekend and I'm going to try making at least one each weekend in the future:))

Congrats on the Writer of the weeks award. :)
Thank you very much! :) I hope you will enjoy my future parts that will now probably come every weekend instead of every month as they did before;)

Part Six - Kunwar's last year 18 December 1459 - 11 November 1460
The war was over, but Kunwar couldn't take a break.
2015-10-31_00081_zpsshjceopc.jpg

He had to fix economical problems again as the nation was over 100 ducats in debt and had to repay the loans in five years. Kunwar worked hard together with his council and, especially, with his trading advisor, for several months to get the Money. They still didn't have enough to repay all the loans though. The Peshwa could probably have gathered the needed Money before the loans had to be repaied, but Vinayakapala had lost his patience. He thought Kunwar had lowered the power of the Nobles too much and he still remembered his conversation with the Peshwa after the unsuccessfull war against Bengal. The general thought Kunwar had acted disrespectfully against him, though the Peshwa acctually had right, Vinayakapala didn't know much about administrative and political matters. Vinayakapala began to plan a coup against Kunwar during the summer 1460, but soon he realised he could just convince the nobles to vote for a new Peshwa in the election the same year. Vinayakapala had the required influence to get the nobles on his side and the next election was already lost for Kunwar. When the news about the general's plot reached Kunwar in october, he couldn't do anything to stop, it was to late and Vinayakapala was too powerfull. The 11 november 1460, after ruling Kalapi for 16 years, after making a newly formed nation one of India's most powerful nations, after solving several economical problems, after making Kalapi leader of India's most powerful Alliances and after expanding Kalapi without any revolts in the conquered territories, Kunwar Patiala lost the election.
2015-10-31_00084_zpsmjgjjcng.jpg

After that his Life would end quickly. He withdrew to his mansion in Bundelakhand where he lived isolated because of his unpopularity among the other nobles (Kunwar was a nobleman if you had forgotten). The summer 1461 his mansion became under attack by a group of 60 warriors. Kunwar's guards were quickly overran and killed and soon he saw the same fate himself. Kunwar Patiala, around 30 years later also known as Kunwar Patiala "the Great", had been killed. Rumors began to spread that the warriors had attacked Kunwar's mansion on orders from Vinayakapala, but there was no evidence. Meanwhile, the new leader of Kalapi, Junpala Bundela, would have a hard time as he led a nation in debt and with provinces ready to rise up against him.
2015-10-31_00085_zpsfmtblyte.jpg

2015-10-31_00087_zps3csewlls.jpg

Couldn't resist making another part. I guess the new parts will come more often than every weekend as i planned, but I think everyone reading this AAR is okay with that.:D
(Note: The plot by Vinayakapala and the attack on Kunwar's mansion didn't happen in game, I just wanted to make a good story for the end of Kunwar's reign and it will probably be good for stories in future parts. Hope you enjoyed it)

Last edited:
Part Seven - A period of many Peshwas 1461-1469
Junpala may not have been as great as Kunwar, but at least he wasn't lazy. He worked hard to solve the problems Kalapi had, though he made an odd start by anouncing Gujarat as Kalapi's rival.
2015-11-01_00005_zpsymfwjnz1.jpg

The following years he worked hard and introduced some monetary reforms.
2015-11-01_00008_zpslzqm6b0j.jpg

During Junpala's four years as Peshwa, the unrest of the people from the conquered territories began too grow and thus he was not re-elected 1464. Instead Dugarendra Gautam became the next ruler of Kalapi.
2015-11-01_00009_zpsgdpehdvs.jpg

Dugarendra was a military leader and that might explain why he told the merchants too stay in Delhi, too show the might of Kalapi, too show that Kalapid did what they wanted. But most other people in the nation didn't want the merchants to trade with Delhi and Dugarendra was not re-elected either.
2015-11-01_00012_zps3o3ukzy9.jpg

Jagdeva Sohota took his place 1468 and then the period of many Peshwas had ended, as Jagdeva would lead his nation into war against Delhi, a year after he got elected.
2015-11-01_00013_zpsxo7vgxtg.jpg

Reactions:
Part Eight - The Kalapi-Delhian Brother War part 1 November 1469-october 1470
Meanwhile the noble Jagdeva rose to Power, the Traders took over the politics of Kalapi and became the dominant faction.
2015-11-01_00014_zpsck8iuqin.jpg

During the summmer of 1469, Jagdeva, Vinayakapala and the military council planned for a war against Delhi. Already in January the new Peshwa had started preparing the Kalapian forces for war when the Hindvi minority in Eastern Delhi called for help. The plan was made up like this:
First the army would march southwest and face Sind on the battlefield, to then turn north again and fight Delhi. To follow this plan, Jagdeva had to trust his allies very much. That would probably not be a problem though as Chanda had grown strong the last few years and together with Nepal and Jarkhand they could definately hold back Bengal long enough. The 7 December 1469 Kalapi declared war on Delhi.

2015-11-01_00018_zpsyforo5li.jpg

Vinayakapala, who was unnaturally old, 75 years, swiftly destroyed half Sinds army, led by Hamirji Bhil, at Udayapur.
2015-11-01_00019_zpswalgnx4b.jpg

He then marched North to fight Delhi at Itava. There he would meet Alauddin Lodi, a general that knew how to maneuver like Vinayakapala. The morale was a Little bit higher in the Delhian army and as usual the Kalapian army had less cavalry than its enemy. The discipline was better in Vinayakapalas army though and would save the entire army from destruction. Vinayakapala's age started to be seen, as he would start the battle with a huge misstake.
2015-11-01_00022_zpsnz9idzoj.jpg

Reactions:
Part Nine - The Kalapi-Delhian Brother War part 2 October 1470
Vinayakapala started the battle with a grave misstake. He totally failed to organise his bowmen and the enemy got the upper hand nearly before the battle even began. But Vinayakapala had superior numbers and could recover from his misstake.
2015-11-01_00022_zpsk7df051a.jpg

When melee combat began, the Kalapian general managed to outmaneuver his opponent and meanwhile, he finished organising his bowmen and could soon return fire against the enemy archers.
2015-11-01_00023_zpslqmjigwe.jpg

2015-11-01_00024_zpsiuuhonmr.jpg

Next though, Alauddin managed to launch a cavalry-suprise attack on the Kalapian left flank, wich Vinayakapala had to work hard to stop.
2015-11-01_00025_zpsgrtvrslh.jpg

The bowmen of Kalapi were starting to show the strength they had shown in all battles before.
2015-11-01_00026_zpsqgyr1ddc.jpg

Soon Alauddin launched another attack that was brilliantly planned and organised, but Vinayakapala manged to stop that attack too. Alauddin had done two mastefull attempts to gain the upper hand against his enemy, but the superior numbers of Kalapi and Vinayakapala's military genius had stopped them.
2015-11-01_00027_zps7ebrljn7.jpg

The Kalapi Archers harassed the enemies, wich soon started to withdraw.
2015-11-01_00028_zpsk84uayqr.jpg

Then Alauddin got news that reinforcements were near and tried to hold Vinayakapala back through a half-hearted attack. He succeeded.
2015-11-01_00029_zps759lkqmr.jpg

Now the Kalapian army had inferior numbers. Actually, the Kalpian army had more infantry, but the Delhian army had quite a lot more cavalry. Vinayakapala still managed to use his bowmen well, but Alauddin was gaining an advantage in the melee combat.
2015-11-01_00030_zpskhknwmmu.jpg

2015-11-01_00031_zpsjurlhz6t.jpg

Soon also the ranged combat began to go in favor of Delhi.
2015-11-01_00032_zpsm2bxtqsx.jpg

Now Vinaykapala was broken. His next attempt to turn the tide of the battle failed totally.
2015-11-01_00034_zpsneixczrl.jpg

His troops began to abbandon the battlefield and only a few regiments stood left. Those regiments could turn the battle in their favour because of their supperior discipline. Now Vinaykapala saw this and tried to use it to his advantage. As he saw the fleeing Kalapians, Alauddin didn't care about strategies anymore. He thought the battle was won and stormed straight on. That gave Vinayakapala a chance, wich he used effectively.
2015-11-01_00035_zpsjtzuvd0u.jpg

He concentrated his bowmen for a last arrow storm against the regrouping enemies and succeded.
2015-11-01_00036_zpspjhbmnvm.jpg

When the enemy attacked again Vinayakapala had just two infantry regiments and a single cavalry regiment, but he kept the Delhians back for a while, long enough for unexpected reinforcements to arrive.
2015-11-01_00037_zpszskhpptg.jpg

The Mewar general Krishna Khumba took command over the Kalapian forces, as Vinayakapala didn't have the required energy left.
2015-11-01_00038_zpso7rjczex.jpg

Krishna Khumba used some good tactics, but also some less good.
2015-11-01_00041_zpswnkezj3c.jpg

2015-11-01_00040_zpsgpxpw3mk.jpg

The battle was already won though as the Kalapian Alliance outnubered their enemies 2 to 1. Vinayakapala would live on for another ten years, but this would be his last battle, and a very decisive one.
2015-11-01_00042_zpskrz8ael9.jpg

(Later on I noticed the war actually began around the same time as Jagdeva was elected and not in august:rolleyes:)

Part Ten - The Kalapi-Delhian Brother War part 3 1470-1479
A year and a few months after the battle of Itava the war was in most ways won. In may 1472, after a 400 Days long siege, the capital of Sind fell and thirteen Days later the country signed a Peace agreement with Kalapi and their allies. They would give some territorries to Mewar and Malwa, pay 90 ducats to Kalapi and break all treaties with Bahmanis and Delhi.
2015-11-01_00047_zpsdyyrjenx.jpg

2015-11-01_00048_zpsbrlhoe7g.jpg

2015-11-01_00049_zpsjcz5xos1.jpg

Soon Bengal left the war too and payed 66 ducats to Kalapi. Then it was just Delhi left.
2015-11-01_00050_zpshhhl6dxa.jpg

Jagdeva was re-elected 1472 and could continue leading Kalapi through the war. At the same time the nobles became the dominating faction in the country. A half year later the Traders took the Power back.
2015-11-01_00051_zpsmmirvu5r.jpg

2015-11-01_00052_zpsiccmrbbg.jpg

2015-11-01_00053_zpsmg703ofw.jpg

Meanwhile, Kalapi and their allies were sieging the remaining forts in Delhi and news reached Jagdeva that the Timurids were invading the Delhian western provinces. In august 1473, the fort of Panipat fell after a 421 Days long siege. A day later Delhi accepted Peace. The terms were:
1. Delhi will give up their Southern provinces to Kalapi.
2. Jangladesh will be given to Dundhar.
3. Delhi will pay monthly war reparations, 10% of their monthly income.
4. Delhi will end all treaties with Bengal and Bahmanis.
5. Patiala will be released by Delhi as a sovereign state.
The independence of Patiala was to the honour of Kunwar Patiala, who had made all this possible and the rest was to strengthen Kalapi and their allies.
2015-11-01_00054_zpsrvyx4gxm.jpg

2015-11-01_00055_zpsookeqflx.jpg

1474 Jagdeva decided to favor the Guilds in Mahakaushal over the nobles. For the first time in Kalapi's history the Guilds were influential. The same year Kalapi officially supported Vijaynagar in their war against Gujarat but they didn't do anything of note as it wasn't needed and in September the Guilds seized Power in the country. A year after though, the Traders seized Power again.
2015-11-01_00058_zpszmktaibu.jpg

2015-11-01_00059_zpstrzhnhfs.jpg

2015-11-01_00060_zpscjcyh8um.jpg

Jagdeva didn't care about the politics, he was instead doing Everything that was best for the nation, like filling the treasury with 600 ducats and replenishing the armies. When the trading advisor of Kalapi suggested titles should be sold to give the state even more Money, Jagdeva answered: "Nobility cannot be bought". Jagdeva was re-elcted also 1476.
2015-11-01_00063_zpsrwox7ed4.jpg

The military advisor of Jagdeva introduced new pike tactics and the muskets to Kalapi in march 1479. Later the same year the hero and military genius Vinayakapala died.
2015-11-01_00072_zpszijgsqz7.jpg

2015-11-01_00071_zpslsaoutn1.jpg

Last edited: