• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
December 25th, 1945

Air Marshall Golovanov stood anxiously waiting on the runway for his plane to be brought up. Fighting around the airport had intensified, and Golovanov had no intention of being killed in this pety civil war.

"Not with the Nazis at Moscow's doorstep," he thought. With the fall of the Nationalists and the warlords, Stalin had been recalling the air force to the west. Mao's advance only made that recall come faster.

Golovanov's plane slowly rolled to a stop in front of the air marshall. Several Soviet personnel pushed a staircase up to the plane's door.

An explosion not far behind caused Golovanov to turn, a scowl on his face, "Those damn Chinese. Can't they wait a few more minutes?"

Golovanov was glad to be out of this desolate wasteland and return west to fight to rid his motherland of the facist invaders. At the top of the stairs, someone yelled at Golovanov from behind.

The air marshall turned to see none other than Chiang Kai-Shek running towards the stairway.

Panting for breath, Chiang stumbled up the first few stairs, "Mister.....uh, well, whatever your name is....I am...."

The Soviet cut Chiang's sentence off, "I know who you are. Now what do you want? I must be leaving immediately, before they start bombing the airfield."

Chiang stammered, "Yes....I was hoping that perhaps I could accompany you on your plain flight," Chiang gestured back towards the city, "As you can already tell.....there's nothing left for me here and I...."

Chiang continued to babble on. Golovanov scowled in disgust. The man was abandoning his army, and country to save himself in a cowardly attempt to flee.

Golovanov reached into the inside breat pocket of his coat and drew a pistol. Chiang immediately froze, staring at the weapon.

"Mr. Kai-Shek," said Golovanov, "I have decided to save your Communist friends the trouble of dealing with you," Golovanov pulled the trigger, "Good day."

Golovanov holstered the weapon and entered the plane. Chiang slowly tumbled down the stairs, blood trickling down his chest. Chiang fell to the concrete ground as the plane began to take off.
-----------------------------------------------------

General Zhu led a small group of Communist soldiers through the destroyed airfield. The Nationalist and warlord forces had been routed. The warlords had capitulated, and the broken remains of Chiang's army fled west. But it had almost been a defeat, until General He Long had sent his army charging to the rescue, once again showing himself the hero.

General Zhu rushed out of the airfield onto the runway just in time to see the last Soviet plane take off. A crumpled figure lay at the bottom of the ladder. Zhu's heart froze as he ran up the the figure.

Before before General Zhu lay the dead body of Chiang Kai-Shek, a bullet wound directly over his heart. The man's body was twisted in an unnatural manner and his vacant eyes stared up into the sky.

Slowly, Zhu knelt before the man, looking him over. He laughed, the 8 years of war had hardly changed the man Zhu had sworn to kill. Slowly, Zhu lifted his hand and gently closed Chiang's eyes.

Zhu remaining kneeling for a moment. Then, without a word, General Zhu De stood up and walked back to the airfield.

SS31.jpg

SS32.jpg

Communist China, late 1945

March 19th, 1946

Mao sat speachless as he read the report. Unable to believe what he was reading, he looked up at Wang Jiaxiang, "Are you serious?'

Wang nodded, "They gave back everything, parts of Manchuria too."

Mao's jaw fell open, "After all the time and energy we wasted, they just...gave it back....to the Nationalists!?"

Wang grinned, "As ridiculous as it sounds, yes."

"But what about all the Soviet soldiers?"

"We assume they've been granted free access to the region."

Mao paused, slowly reclining back into his chair.

Wang raised an eyebrow, "What should we do?"

Mao scratched his chin, "Reorganize our forces and get them ready to march immediately, before the Japanese invade again."

"The army's still scattered, but I'll inform the generals to move as fast as they can."

"Tell them the news, I'm sure they'll be ecstatic."

"What do you mean?"

Mao glanced up, "We won't be going to war against the Soviets. That's something they've been dreading for a long time."

Wang saluted, "As you wish, Chairman Mao."

SS32.jpg

This has got to be the strangest thing that I've seen in HoI yet.

well done.

this is the first communist aar i have seen and it is real good.

September 5th, 1946

Mao stood at the edge of the balcony overlooking Tiananmen Square, waving to the throngs of cheering people below. The Square was packed tight by the jubilant Chinese people. The day was one that would be long remembered in China, the day the Nationalists were finally destroyed.

Mao waved to the people, deafened by the cheers of the people.

Flanked on either side by his generals, the heroes of the war, Mao felt the same inside as the people below felt as they celebrated.

General Zhu leaned in to speak to Mao, yelling over the noise, "So where do we go from here, Chairman Mao?"

Mao glanced at his old friend, "I have a speech just for that."

The generals exchanged glances. Mao motioned that he was about to speak. The celebration died down quickly, a hushed anticipation fell over the Square. The crowds waited eagerly for their leader to speak.

With great poise and grace, Mao slowly began, "My fellow comrades, this day is a glorious day. The day that marks a new begining for China. A begining of a rebirth. As a single, unified China, we will wipe clean the injustices of the past, eliminate the suffering of millions of Chinese, bring back justice to those who have been wronged, and restore China's honor and glory."

Mao paused, gazing across the crowd, "The war that has ravaged China these many years is over, but our work has only begun. Together, as a united China, we must give all that we can to restore China to its former power. Our trials will be many, and our struggles will be great, but together we shall overcome them. Togehter, our one China will become powerful, a tribute to the great communist spirit that has inspired millions across the world to rise up against tyranny and upression, just as we have."

"The journey ahead will prove long and difficult, but I know there is nothing that the Chinese people cannot overcome as a whole. Unity and strength are what we need, or we will be doomed to be opressed once again. Stand steadfastly with your fellow neighbors, work hard, and give your best effort to China, and the sun will rise once again in the east. It will rise over China, and light our path to glory, now, and forever."

With his speech concluded, Mao stepped back off the balcony. Slowly, he walked past his generals, not uttering a word. Speechless, the generals began to applaude, until they were joined by the thunderous applauses and celebration of the thousands and thousands of people in the Square.

SS35.jpg

That concludes The Impossible Journey: A Communist AAR. I want to thank everyone who lent their support and help throughout this. You all helped make this my best AAR yet.

I must admit, I was utterly flabergasted when the Soviets accepted a non-existant Nationalist China's Territorial Demands. Fortunately, that strange occurance was what helped unify China without having to fight a futile war against the Soviets. While I know there are still two years left until the game ends, there's little else I can do. I have no navy to invade Japan, and CORE v0.8's tech tree takes too long to develop to even hope of reaching Japan. The Comintern is too powerful to try and take back Inner Mongolia and the rest of Manchuria, and going to war with the Allies to take back the southern portions of China.

The Axis are also too well entrenched in Europe to hope for a "victory" in the war. The U.S. is still happily neutral, and I fear it's only a matter of time before the A-Bombs start dropping like crazy.

Once again, I'd like to thank you all. Watch out for my return to the AAR world sometime in the future. Maybe another Impossible Journey, maybe something else. Time will tell. ;)

only you would wait 45 years.

in games as germany i have found all one needs is 36 naval bombers in three stacks of 12 attacking the same target and you will wipe out the jap navy in about 4 months. Then jus transport in. piece of piss :).

ahaha