• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wouldn't it have been easier to start taking off the other members of the family, and whomever was count last?I mean, of course, while the under-aged count was still in place. I'm guessing it cold have been pretty easy to find plotters to back killing 'lowly' courtiers.

May 7, 1133

A curious minor story. This woman, Romilda, has been accused of witchery. I decided to spare her life... in the dungeon. I don't want MORE blood in my hands, especially as I am not convinced myself of her guilt. Side note: in real Freiburg they were burning witches as well... :confused:

3498don.jpg

Unfortunately, she is ugly as hell, but I might find some use for her later in my court... if she survives the initial captivity... she nice some nice traits, although her stats are rather low.

2vxj5p4.jpg

October 26, 1134

I don't know if my Konrad feels remorse for his cruelty, but he certainly knows who commands the Church or not. He asks for absolution of his horrible crimes: something that will rise his standing with the Pope and also make him look more pious than he probably really is.

2v8psgm.jpg

1134-1135

My liege has been maimed. Probably in battle in the Holy Roman Revolt. This is nice, actually, as it means he will probably die out sooner. His wounds might be infected when he will be thrown into the dungeon by the Emperor, harharhar... :D

10f5qq0.jpg

One of my sons is sick with typhoid fever. I really hope I don't lose him, I could use my children to "man" important castles later on. He is one of "my own". Well, look at the siblings, only that girl Agnes looks different of all of Konrad's children... :confused:

Mainz is being besieged once more... the war is -94% for the Holy Roman Revolt...

15qb0gn.jpg

1135-1136

Konrad has organized a lavish feast to celebrate with the local lords. In his mind, though, he celebrates the end of his Swabian liege's grasp to power... Konrad has been Stressed lately and his Pride has consumed him. His hobby in Falconry keeps him serene...

2n8ohtz.jpg

Kaiser Heinrich the Chaste has won the Holy Roman Revolt. His crown authority remains low, but the HRE lords will not be able to lower it further. The Duke of Savoy is imprisoned. They share a dungeon with my own lame liege... I must be ready for action! His sorry health might take a real beating in the humid environment of his prison.

The Holy Roman Empire is united again and looks formidable. In real life, the Salian Emperors had died out by this time, but Henrich keeps on. He has also moved the capital in Jülich a few years ago.

2mi1cpc.jpg

That's an incredible Holy Roman Empire: from central France all the way to the borders with Poland and Hungary. Good thing that crown authority is low and that your liege is imprisoned. Time to find glory on the battlefield and throw off his yoke! And maybe, just maybe, cover up the disgraceful kinslaying a bit. ;)

Reactions:
Soon enough (vacation next week!) I will be continuing this saga. I am almost certain I will continue to the course suggested, strike against my Swabian liege now that he is imprisoned. I hope that most of his old vassals will either join me against him or at least stay neutral. If I succeed I will double my territory. I will need to study the situation a little bit more before deciding.

What do you guys think?! o_O

I think that Fortune favors the bold. Yes! Strike against your liege! Strike him down - well, he's already in prison. Kick him while he's down? Whatever you do, seize this opportunity!

Good to see this coming back to life. :)

May 6, 1136

Konrad might never be able to regain his good name. He is an exposed kinslayer (and childkiller!) by now. But after the papal excuse and the imprisonment of his liege, he might start over a new life. Why not start from a haircut?! He is only 38-year old after all. He can still contribute a lot to his little realm.

I have been considering my options and I think that my maimed liege is still too strong. I might wait for him to die in prison and declare war on his 10-year old heir. In the meantime I continue trying to create casus belli against my female cousin in Baden. After murdering half of the family, I might find some obscure legal/ethical excuse to do all that. With the County of Baden in my hands, I will be certain that my realm can wage war against the Hochenstaufen and destroy the Duchy of Schwaben.

Remember... actually Konrad's goal is to creat his own Duchy...

2nitlx3.jpg

So we'll boldly wait a bit longer? Can't blame you, with such a small realm there isn't much of a safety net if things go wrong. Here's hoping Konrad's new haircut gives him the new outlook on life he needs to achieve his goals.

Reactions: