• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heinrichs last days and the coronation of Karl I

Heinrich's last days...

ScreenSave0-8.jpg

(Mecklenburg's last days as a separate entity on the eu2 map)

So, where were we? Heinrich had converted to protestantism under influence of the schizofrenic Martin.

The emperor himself had gone quite crazy, suffering from severe delirium. The once beloved Heinrich was now the most hated person in the Holy Roman Empire. But Heinrich stil thought he stood more than a chance to save the Empire for his son. A crisis meeting was organised in the city of Lubeck. Among the attendants were what was left of the Mecklenburgian nobility, the Emperor and his family and ofcourse crazy Martin.

imagesabd.jpg

(the meeting at Lubeck)

Heinrich adressed his following with peaceful words. He proposed to convert back to catholicism, disband his feared infiltrant corpses and to give the princes more autonomy, effectively proposing to disband the Empire itself.

Crazy Martin realised this would be the end of him and adressed the gathered Mecklenburgians in a fine speech.

"Fellows," he said "We have stood fast together against many a bigger foe than what's upon us now. The papal forces are already marching on Lubeck as we speak. These guys wear skirts. We wear pants. You choose... What do you want to wear? A skirt? Are you ready to cover your buns every time a gust of wind lifts your skirt, showing to God and to the world your milky white, hairy legs? Are you ready to have your most private parts being the public property of all the Empire?"

imagesabe.jpg

(Martin's scary vision)

"Naysayers say nay!" he continued, "This journey is not over, it has only just begun! Nay to the pope! Nay to Habsburg! Nay nay nay! Are you with me?"
The crowd mumbled looking form Martin to the Emperor and back as if they were in a tennis match... Martin continued to play the audience.

"Let me hear you say 'Yo-oo'!"
"Yo" went the nobles...
"I can't hear you... Let me hear you say YO-OO!"
"yo-o"
"Can i get an Amen?"
"Amen!"
"Can i get a Halleluja?"
Appealing to their religious zeal got the crowd on Martins hand and the nobles started screaming "HALELUJA!AMEN! GO MARTIN GO MARTIN!" Martin felt he had momentum and went on to create the proper mood for his plans to take action;
"Let me hear you say YO!"
"YO" replied the crowd, they were eating out of his hands...
"Let me hear you say YO-OO!"
"YO-OO!"

"Mecklenburgians - ARE YOU WITH ME?"
"Yea!"
"Mecklenburgians - ARE YOU WITH HIM?" Martin pointed at the Emperor.
"Yea! We are with you! Guide us, teach us, elevate us! Go Martin!"
"My friends", Martin continued "Let's not forget what happened to Burgundy when they dared to defy Habsburg. We must act now! The Papal coalition is creeping upon us. We must act now. Appoint me as your supreme commander and I will lead you to victory! ARE YOU WITH ME?"
The crowd went nuts, cheering and shouting anti-Habsburg slogans and Martin turned to Heinrich and said:" They're all yours, your Majesty."

Heinrich stood there a little bit confused, he had gathered the nobles to discuss a peace plan, but Martin had turned his noble sheepherd in to a gang of bloodthirsty wolves. He could do little but give them what they wanted and therefor publicly appointed Martin as the supreme commander of the non-existing Mecklenburgian Army.
"I hope you know what you are doing..." he said to Martin, and he left for the royal chambers.

The same day Martin declared war on the Empire.

ScreenSave2.jpg

(nation with a deathwish)

The well ecquipped Hannoverian forces were once more first to capture the Imperial capital, and acting on their long time desire to become geographically incoherent, annexed Mecklenburg on August 4 1524, at the Tyroler peace conference, organised by Karl I von Habsburg. Heinrich was locked up in a tower, Martin fled to Prussia and Habsburg was elected Emperor.

ScreenSave4-9.jpg

(HRE)

Last edited:
Karl I von Habsburg of Austria

KPOI9CAH2MH9QCATVFYT4CAQDCX2PCA1XM0.jpg

(Karl I von Habsburg)

The new Emperor started sleeping around like crazy to get a broader picture of what was going on inside the Empire he could now rightfully call his.

ScreenSave6-7.jpg

(Karl I sleeping around in the pre-HIV era)

Any man would have been contended now, but not Karl I. The long wait for the Imperial crown had turned him into a outspoken negative thinker. This was how the world looked through Karl I's eyes:

ScreenSave5-7.jpg

(behold the Big Black Blob!)

Protestantism was gaining a foothold in the princes minds and Habsburg was determined to not let it happen.

ScreenSave8-9.jpg

(the religious situation in the Empire at the time of Karl I's coronation)

The new emperor started bribing every good catholic prince, thus improving relations

ScreenSave10-3.jpg

(improved relations)

Then Karl instituted a new knightly order, the Knights of Fuzz
images04-1.jpg

(Knights of Fuzz coat of arms)

...and constructed another mega-alliance to carry out his future wishes.

ScreenSave9-6.jpg

(Great Imperial Mega Alliance)

Bye now! ;)
imagesabf.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, the voters have all been granted fiefs in the Holy Roman Empire, except for Emperor_Krk, who voted for the loser.

Anarion is the Margrave of Brandenburg
Olav is the Duke of Friesland
Democratickid is Admiral of the Ocean and rules from Bremen

Wari Bana,
glad to see your successful and funny AAR, which changes your control nation.
Now I'm at work, I must read it later.

Wari Bana said:
By the way, the voters have all been granted fiefs in the Holy Roman Empire, except for Emperor_Krk, who voted for the loser.

Anarion is the Margrave of Brandenburg
Olav is the Duke of Friesland
Democratickid is Admiral of the Ocean and rules from Bremen

I shall claim the title of the Western Frankish Kingdom if I don't get a title for voting. :D :rofl:

Provoking Protestants

For all you Schmützels out there who just can't enough of Habsburg: here's an update.

ScreenSave1-9.jpg

Among the first things (Karl von Habichtsburg etc., hereafter referred to as) Karl V., did; was to hire a new Italian advisor. You know, one of those random eu2 event generated advisors that come by and go, often at completely useless or even harassing moments...

Karl V.'s agents suggested three different Italian canidates, form which Karl was to pick one to stick:

"The first contestant is Don Corleone, from the movie, M'Lord..."

imageskolm.jpg

"That's not Corleone, that's an image from a game other then eu2. Guards evict this man. NEEXT!!"

imagespope.jpg

"That's not even an italian!"

imagespino.jpg

"Now, that's a nice trustworthy-looking fella. I'll take him. Wash him up, see if he has any bugs or anything, show him his room and then bring him before me."

Okay, so the Imperial Alliance had been fixed. But Karl V. was a realist in so far that his outspoken negatively-thinking mind did appreciate the true nature of this unnatural alliance.

ScreenSave0-9.jpg

(note that France is paying back Karl V.'s bribes)

Karl V. inherited with the Imperial Crown the traditional foes England and Denmark who's governments still couldn't resist continental adventurism.

England's jealousy towards France & Spain

ScreenSave2-8.jpg

And Denmark's claim on Holy Roman Imperial Finger-no-doubt-leading-them-to-gobble-up-a-north-german-plain-or-two if not kept in check.

ScreenSave3-7.jpg

Savoy and Montferrat didn't really do anything wrong, but they weren't a part of the Habsburg Alliance, and that was an offense in itself. Besides, the Montferrattans called themselves "white", and that was a privilege of truly great nations like Austria, Ak Koyunlu and Magindanao.

ScreenSave4-10.jpg

And then Poland, which illegally held Oels in it's alliance. There wasn't any proof of that, hence the political map, but since Pinnocchio was the Chief Habsburg advisor, Karl V. believed it anyway.

ScreenSave6-8.jpg

(Polish-Oelian mini Alliance)

Protestant Provoquant

Then on a fine day in the summer of 1526 some nice events happened to Austria, and Pinnocchio told Karl that everything was gonna be allright.
"You have my word on it." Pinnochio had said to the Emperor, and the Emperor had said he believed him, that fine day.

ScreenSave7-7.jpg

A little while later, the pope, highly annoyed by his rejection defied the Emperor and the Emperor consequently sacked Rome.

ScreenSave8-10.jpg

Spaniards discovered the Incas, Pinocchio says "It's probably Happyland. Yippie."

Then, over the course of the following years, the situation in the HRE gradually deteriorated again (as we are used to by now).

ScreenSave9-8.jpg

Pinocchio says:"Don't worry Karl, everything's gonna be fine, i bet."

ScreenSave10-4.jpg

Pinnocchio says: "It's okay, it's probably just a phase. It will pass. Trust me."

ScreenSave11-5.jpg

Pinnocchio says: "Well at least we found Happyland!!!"

The Emperor was not enthusiast at all. He frowned his eyebrows, and his whole face with it.
"WHO LET THIS HAPPEN!! And why is there a bug on you. Remove it at once."

imagespinoc.jpg

Pinnocchio says: "Idunno.."

ScreenSave13-4.jpg

(religious situation in the Empire)

ScreenSave15-5.jpg

(Karl's Not-quite-as-splendid-but-still-worthy-of-the-adjective-"Imperial"-with-a-capital-I Alliance.)

All of this was happening while the Turk was on the Rise

ScreenSave16-4.jpg

The Persians were alive and getting kicked

ScreenSave17-4.jpg

Russia was still around

ScreenSave18-5.jpg

And the riches of the East were long divided

ScreenSave19-5.jpg

Pinnochio advised Karl to continue the quest for Happyland.
Karl retreated to the Imperial Bedroom to have an extended nap. He dreamt about moving to Spain, or a country that looked like it, far away from the German powder keg.
It was harder then he had suspected, being the Emperor. But it was something he had wanted for most of his life and he wasn't planning on giving up.
A spark of desire ignited the Imperial Brain dreaming of untold riches. No obstacles were in his mind, except maybe his advisors ever growing nose.

Read me next time ;)