The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Back to Alençon huh, the place where this story started. It's been really nice seeing so many callbacks to earlier stories in recent arcs, it's a neat way to go full circle and bring closure to many plot elements that have been built up over the last couple of years irl, I really like it.

I wonder when we'll be seeing the Smoking Man again and if he'll be in this arc? Just seems fitting to have the villain of the original X-Division story make an appearance in the finale, especially with all the loose ends that have been resolved in recent arcs.

I reckon the Smoking Man will probably be making an appearance once the arc has reached the conclusion as a sort of foreshadowing for the Stellaris segment. He'll certainly be gloating at Pavel's defeat. Man I can't wait for the finale. especially since the Forum arc looks to be promising since it's gonna be about the politics in the Reich.

Back to Alençon huh, the place where this story started. It's been really nice seeing so many callbacks to earlier stories in recent arcs, it's a neat way to go full circle and bring closure to many plot elements that have been built up over the last couple of years irl, I really like it.
I can't believe the X-Division arc has taken over 2 real life years to complete. I was in a completely different place when I posted the first X-Division update right after Zolton Huicton and the Gulf War. And that's not even mentioning the five years I've been working on the whole megacampaign. Who knows what the future will bring?

I do know I will be going back to plot points I haven't covered since the CK2 and EU4 days.
I wonder when we'll be seeing the Smoking Man again and if he'll be in this arc? Just seems fitting to have the villain of the original X-Division story make an appearance in the finale, especially with all the loose ends that have been resolved in recent arcs.
I reckon the Smoking Man will probably be making an appearance once the arc has reached the conclusion as a sort of foreshadowing for the Stellaris segment. He'll certainly be gloating at Pavel's defeat. Man I can't wait for the finale. especially since the Forum arc looks to be promising since it's gonna be about the politics in the Reich.
I'm not going to say anything.;)

Hopefully I can deliver on the Forum arc. Right now I'll say it'll be very different from X-Division. I definitely won't split each arc into 2-8 parts.

The Truth is Out There, Part 6

“We must develop and build weapons to deter those new threats. We must rebuild our infrastructure, which is in a very serious state of disrepair. And we must assure the noble cause of military service remains the high calling that will attract the very best. All this costs money. It costs more than we have. It demands agility—more than today's bureaucracy allows. And that means we must recognize another transformation: the revolution in management, technology and business practices. Successful modern businesses are leaner and less hierarchical than ever before. They reward innovation and they share information. They have to be nimble in the face of rapid change or they die. Business enterprises die if they fail to adapt, and the fact that they can fail and die is what provides the incentive to survive. But governments can't die, so we need to find other incentives for bureaucracy to adapt and improve. The technology revolution has transformed organizations across the private sector, but not ours, not fully, not yet. We are, as they say, tangled in our anchor chain. Our financial systems are decades old. According to some estimates, we cannot track 2.3 trillion marks in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible. We maintain 20 to 25 percent more base infrastructure than we need to support our forces, at an annual waste to taxpayers of some 3 to 4 billion marks. Fully half of our resources go to infrastructure and overhead, and in addition to draining resources from warfighting, these costly and outdated systems, procedures and programs stifle innovation as well. A new idea must often survive the gauntlet of some 17 levels of bureaucracy to make it from a line officer's to my desk. I have too much respect for a line officer to believe that we need 17 layers between us. Our business processes and regulations seems to be engineered to prevent any mistake, but by so doing, they discourage any risk. But ours is a nation born of ideas and raised on improbability, and risk aversion is not our nation's ethic, and more important, it must not be ours. Those who fear danger do not volunteer to storm beaches and take hills, sail the seas, and conquer the skies. Now we must free you to take some of the same thoughtful, reasoned risks in the bureaucracy that the men and women in uniform do in battle.”

-Rudolf Scharping

Alençon Airport, Normandy – December 13, 1992, 11:34 AM

Anders pulled up to the curb in front of Angela in a rental car. He popped open the trunk and reached for Angela’s bags.

“I can get them,” Angela said.

Anders tossed her the keys. “Good. If you didn’t like the plane, you won’t like the way I drive.”

“Has your dad been teaching you again?” Angela complained.

“Walter’s doing just fine,” Anders said, “Ignoring the divorce. Can we go now?”

Five minutes later, Angela drove down the highway as fast as she could, thanking Adenauer for not placing speed limits on the major Autobahns. It was a much different experience driving on the open highway than in the big city. She could drive faster and better here, and she could blast the radio music as loud as she wanted. And it wasn’t as claustrophobic. In Constantinople, she usually had Demetrios drive. City streets reminded her too much of Vienna sometimes.

As the trees zoomed by outside, Anders tuned the radio station to something they could listen to. All local stations had bad reception here, probably because of the trees. Giving up, he grabbed one of Angela’s tapes and loaded it in. Michael Joachim started playing. He sat back with a big bag of sunflower seeds, which he handed to Angela.

“You know I don’t like sunflower seeds, Anders,” Angela said, rolling her eyes.

“Good time of year for oyster over here,” Anders said, “Ever had Normandy oyster?”

Angela shook her head.

“It’s a dish to die for,” Anders chuckled, “Pardon the expression.”

“What have you been up to, Anders?” Angela said. “Why are you doing this?”

“It’s my job, Angie,” Anders said, “You know me.”

“You’re going mad,” Angela said, “Probably because of the divorce. Or Diana.”

“You know it’s more than the divorce, Angie,” Anders said, “As for Diana, that was more like a mutual dumping. We agreed we weren’t compatible with each other.”

“Yeah, no surprise the Director’s daughter fled to Berlin to get away from you,” Angela said.

“That had nothing to do with my work,” Anders said, “It happened long before X-Division. But I’m glad they assigned you. Haven’t had a second opinion on these cases in forever.”

Angela wasn’t amused. “You didn't mention yesterday the Athanatoi has already investigated this case.”

“The Athanatoi investigated the first three deaths,” Anders explained, “But they suspended the investigation for lack of evidence.”

He spat seeds out the window and turned up the volume.

“But you obviously think there's a connection between the girl's death and her three classmates,” Angela said.

Anders nodded. “It's a reasonable assumption. Except our latest victim is the only one with the unidentified marks and tissue sample.”

“She was also the only one of the group autopsied by a different medical examiner,” Angela said.

Anders grinned again. “There you go again, Angie. Pretty good, as always.”

Angela sighed. “Really, Anders? Pretty good? Better than you expected I'd be? Or just better than you'd hoped?”

“You know, science has its limitations,” Anders said, “And those limitations limit scientists. Only a select few can handle a case like this.”

Angela glared at him. “Don’t you patronize me, Anders. If I'm not mistaken, we're trying to solve a murder, not unlock the mysteries of the universe.”

“And you’re a doctor of medicine, not a doctor of philosophy,” Anders said, “Man, I always get that messed up.”

The radio sputtered for a second. The music resumed, as normal, but Angela could hear a low loud hum emanating from just behind the song. Anders heard it too. He shot upright and looked every way outside.

“Stop the car!” Anders yelled. “Stop the car!”

Angela slammed the brakes hard, and the car lurched to an abrupt stop. Anders jumped out and popped open the trunk, rummaging around for something. As Angela got out, Anders pulled out a can of spray paint and sprayed a large X on the asphalt.

“You know that’s probably illegal,” Angela said.

Shrugging again, Anders tossed the can back in the trunk, shut it, and got back in the car. Angela got behind the wheel and drove off.

“What the hell was that about?” she demanded.

“Probably nothing,” Anders said.

Alençon - November 14, 2015, 3:43 PM

“…resignations include the Ministers of Defense and the Environment, the KNMB and RSB Directors, the Megas Domestikos ton Aeras, and…”

“…Schröder appeared in court for the first time today…”

“…number of indictments issued by the Minister of Justice is unprecedented in modern…”

“…connections with the Flight 549 tragedy and the bizarre massacre at KL Kodima…”

“…involved in the murders of several individuals closely tied to members of the X-Division…”

“…Kaiserstrasse office is believed to be used for money laundering…”

“…were unable to hold back the massive crowds which forced their way inside…”

“…a state of emergency has been declared by several mayors…”

As the radio talked about the continuing chaos elsewhere, Angela peacefully drove the Impala down a familiar forest road. She hadn’t been here in over fifteen years, yet she still remembered each twist and turn. She slowed down as she passed a familiar red “X” Anders had spray-painted onto the road 23 years ago. Speaking of Anders, she looked over to where he slept in the passenger seat, his headphones playing her Walkman’s music. Olga sat in the back, on her phone. She was probably checking X-Division’s social media accounts, as always. They had really blown up since Theresa published her story. Anna and Diana had remained in Mainz to look after Annie and Walter.

She drove into town, past the age-old sign reading “Welcome to Alençon, the friendly city!” On a nearby telephone pole sat dozens of flyers for lawyers and church sermons. A lot of the storefronts had been boarded up. Two new churches loomed over Main Street, which was dusty and empty. Pedestrians looked at her as she drove past, wondering what such an old car was doing in the relatively newer town.

“Not the reception I expected,” Olga said.

“We’ve made some friends,” Angela said.

“I’m not surprised,” Olga said.

“I sent word ahead to Theresa,” Angela said.

“Theresa Novak?” Olga said.

“Not her,” Angela said, “An old friend of mine.”

They arrived at the Haus residence. Angela cut the engine and took the Walkman back, waking Anders up. He rubbed his head and stretched.

“We there?” he said.

“Just arrived,” Angela said, “Wake up.”

They got out of the car and walked up to the front door. Angela knocked on the door, and Theresa Neumann opened it.

“You’re here,” she said, “Thank goodness.”

Angela hugged Neumann. “Nice to see you again.”

“Come in,” Neumann said.

They walked inside and sat in the living room.

“This is Olga Kirova,” Angela said, pointing at Olga.

“She joined us just after…you know,” Anders said.

“Hey,” Olga said.

“Nice to meet you,” Neumann said.

“How are things going?” Angela said.

“Things haven’t been the same since Ray…” Neumann’s voice trailed off.

She shook her head. “It’s been hard, but we’re doing just fine.”

A teenage girl walked down the stairs and noticed them.

“Angelica, sweetie, we have some more visitors,” Neumann said.

“More?” Angelica said, looking exasperated.

“Just for today,” Neumann said, “Some family friends. Why don’t you introduce yourself?”

Angelica approached them and looked at Angela.

“Hey,” she said, “I’m Angelica.”

“I’m Angela Hansen,” Angela said, holding out her hand, “You know, when I last met you, you were just a baby.”

“Mom told me all about you,” Angelica said.

“That’s why you’re named Angelica,” Neumann said.

“She always shares that, first chance she gets,” Angelica said.

"Must be exciting times," Angela said.

"Not really," Angelica said, "It was nice at first. I even told everybody I wanted to join the Athanatoi because of you. But now they just want to talk about my dad. He disappeared when I was a baby, Mom probably told you, but they're saying they found his name in the leaks. And the next thing you know, everybody at school’s talking about Dad.”

“I'm so sorry,” Angela said.

“Things have been rough these last few weeks,” Angelica said, "It's hard processing all this, especially for Mom. She and Dad went through a lot as teenagers. And now this..."

“It’ll get better,” Angela said, “I'll make sure of that."

"And what about my dad?" Angelica said.

"I don't know," Angela said.

Meanwhile, Olga turned to Neumann.

"Where's Nick?" she asked.

"Upstairs," Neumann said, "But be careful. He's a little...delicate."

Olga and Anders went upstairs and found Nick sitting on a bed, looking at the carpet. He had changed dramatically in the years since they last met. His broken and choppy hair had streaks of gray. His eyes were bloodshot. His skin was covered in dust and bruises. His hands trembled uncontrollably. His clothes were tattered and torn. He was constantly muttering something under his breath. Downstairs, Angela literally felt the fear and nervousness he gave off, becoming terrified herself. She struggled to keep herself composed. Neumann and Angelica also looked a little fearful, although Angela seemed to have absorbed most of Nick's emotions.

"Nick?" Anders said. "You okay?"

Nick stared at them and stopped muttering.

"Thank God you're here," he said, "We don't have much time."

"Much time?" Olga said.

"We should get going," Nick said, "I may have had about half an hour's head start over those Sentinel goons."

"How long have you been here?" Olga said.

"An hour," Nick said, "They could show up at any moment. They could've followed you here."

"We'll tell Angie downstairs," Anders said.

Downstairs, Angela, Neumann, and Angelica sat on a couch to move further from Nick upstairs.

"You remind me a lot of my own daughter," Angela said, hoping to take their minds off their dread.

"Really?" Angelica said. "How old is she?"

"I don't know," Angela said, "22? I haven't seen her in so long."

"How do you know then?" Neumann said.

"I think that's right," Angela said.

"What happened with her?" Angelica said.

"I gave her up for adoption when she was little," Angela said, "It's a dangerous line of work. I wanted to keep her safe. I promised I'd come back for her someday."

"Let's hope it's sooner and not never," Neumann said.

Angela heard cars screeching to a halt outside, followed by doors slamming and men shouting. Nick's dread turned to panic.

"They're here!" Angela said, drawing her gun.

Anders, Olga, and Nick rushed down the stairs. Anders drew his gun. Olga checked the door.

"Nick?" Angela said. "What happened to you?"

"It's a long story," Nick said, "But we need to go now."

"Driveway's surrounded, street’s blocked off,” Olga said, "We can't take the Impala."

"We can go into the woods from the backyard," Angelica said.

Everybody looked at her.

"The woods?" Neumann said.

“There’s a path us kids used to take,” Angelica said.

“Have you been hanging out with those kids again?” Neumann said.

“Not anymore, but I remember the route,” Angelica said.

She opened the backdoor and pointed at the trees.

“Head straight ahead until you find a dirt path,” she said, “Turn right onto the path and continue until you reach the end of the woods. There should be a train station within a mile.”

“Thank you,” Anders said.

He and Olga led Nick out the door.

“Before you go, could I ask something of you?” Angelica said just as Angela started after them.

A little later, there was a knock on the door. As soon as Neumann opened it, Billy Marks stormed in, accompanied by several super soldiers.

“Billy?” Neumann said, recognizing him, “What are you doing barging into my house?”

But Billy’s expression remained blank.

“Ma’am, this is a matter of national security,” he said, robotically holding up an RSB badge and a picture of Nick, “We have received word that a known fugitive by the name of Nick Larsen has passed through this town recently. Have you seen him?”

“No,” Neumann said, “Billy, what’s going on? You’re not yourself. Don’t you recognize me?”

Billy tried to look at Neumann, but he couldn’t. He looked straight ahead and walked past her.

“Ma’am, I must repeat, this is a matter of national security,” he said, “Nick Larsen is in possession of state secrets, on top of being a convicted terrorist and murderer wanted in four provinces. We do not know when he will strike again.”

“Come on, Billy, we both know that’s nonsense,” Neumann said, “Have you watched the news? The RSB can’t use national security as an excuse to barge into people’s houses anymore. I don’t care if it’s you barging in. Now, you’re on my private property. I’m going to ask you to leave. I’m not going to ask again.”

Billy grabbed Neumann by the throat and slammed her against the wall. Angelica screamed, but two more super soldiers pinned her to the opposite wall. One frisked her, taking her phone and scanning it with a device. Billy drew a pistol and aimed at Angelica.

“You do know where Nick Larsen is,” Billy said, “I saw how you reacted to his picture. Now, tell me where he went. I’m not going to ask again.”

“What the hell, Billy?!” Neumann said. “You were never like this! Not even when we were in the hospital! What’s gotten into you?! What did they do to you?”

“I haven't changed a bit,” Billy said, “Please make this easy for the both of us. Tell us where the fugitive Nick Larsen went.”

“You’re not the Billy I knew,” Neumann said, “I would never help you.”

“Fine,” Billy said, “Then you wouldn’t mind if—”

“Sir,” one of the other super soldiers said, holding up his device, “I’ve accessed the girl’s phone data. You should take a look.”

He showed the device to Billy. Displayed was a selfie of Angelica with Angela by the backdoor.

“On second thought, we should’ve checked her social media and cloud storage first,” he said.

“They’re escaping through the woods,” Billy realized.

He dropped Neumann. She fell to the floor, coughing and groaning. The other super soldiers released Angelica.

“You meet up with Agent Moreau and apprehend Larsen and the others,” he said, “I will stay here and keep an eye on the witnesses.”

• 1Like
Reactions:
That ending really emphasizes how sad Billy has become.

Sad state that Billy has been reduced to alright, and the only way to bring the man some peace is by defeating Sentinel once and for. Also it's quite nice to see a bit of the first X-Division Case again, especially the crew passing by the X that Anders sprayed over the road, hell of a way to return to old locations and familiar faces.

That ending really emphasizes how sad Billy has become.
Sad state that Billy has been reduced to alright, and the only way to bring the man some peace is by defeating Sentinel once and for. Also it's quite nice to see a bit of the first X-Division Case again, especially the crew passing by the X that Anders sprayed over the road, hell of a way to return to old locations and familiar faces.
Billy's a shell of his former self. Fifteen years of working for Sentinel has reduced him to a mindless puppet. I suppose that's what all of the super soldiers are now. And to think Olga almost suffered a similar fate if not for a stroke of luck.

It's been 23 years for X-Division and 2 and a half years for me personally. We're wrapping up the story now, so it makes sense to go back to where it all began and see how much has changed.

Reactions:
I second TWR and the Anguished One's sentiments as well, it's sad to see how far Billy has fallen into being a slave to Sentinel's brainwashing, let's hope Anders and friends mange to break his and the other soldiers' brainwashing when they defeat Pavel.
I do know I will be going back to plot points I haven't covered since the CK2 and EU4 days.
Very cool, there is some lore and plot details that could potentially be fleshed out in future story arcs, like the mechanical Dragon and Giant during Sigismund's and Fredrich Augustian III's reign. looking forward to that.

After rereading the first chapters of CK2, I find it very interesting that the military carriers of Mayor Beathan, Caliph Hakam and Kaiser Siegfried closely parallel the accomplishments of Fredrich the Great, Fredrich von Sigmarigen and Werner von Habsburg during the Crusades and the Restoration. I think it’s very cool that both of these tros had their members come from very different backgrounds and likely had some differences between each other and yet still had them become close allies working together to bring down great obstacles like Hassan and Ocuil Actal, I think that’s very neat.

There's also Actal himself who probaly worked with the Worm and it's cult in the same way Hassan did, tho I imagine he would've been differnet from Hassan in the way that he doesn't really like the cult itself and only really sees it as an means to an end. I can picture Actal and his family being drawn in by the Worm and its power tho and being directly loyal to Worm itself rather than the cult, hence his catchphrase and the ouroboros flag the Mexica used, so there'd still be the idea of Actal being a slave to his religious belief and family traditions you introduced in our last discussion about the Sunset Invasion.

With how large the battle of Persepolis was and how much media that has come from it, namely some Shakespeare plays and a symphony from Mozart and Beethoven, I think it would be appropriate to ask what the historiographic and cultural perception of the battle is nowadays. I imagine it’d be a lot like how the cultural historiography for the Sunset Invasion has changed over time, with a shift from seeing it as a fight between civilization and barbarism to a view that would offer sympathy and nuance, like maybe the Timurds being seen as liberators by Zunist faithfuls (a bit like how Uzbeckization sees OTL Tamerlane as a national hero for prosperity and the many scientific and cultural advancements Central Asia got during his reign despite his brutal conquests) or the ambitions of Persia and India to colonize and subjugate Turkish Central Asia (because I doubt Indian and Persian colonization of Central Asia following Persepolis is seen in a good light by people after the World Wars, especially after the fascist regimes of Gandhi and Reza Khan).

I wonder how modern historians would study the Nikephorian Wars and Prince Nikephorus carrier, especially with the hindsight of it leading to later events like the Maxmist Wars and the Chinese unification movement? I assume empathize would be placed on the Pragmatic Sanction, Five Years War and the Perisan revolution since those were the events that set nationalist and liberal movements throughout the Imperial Century. I imagine it would’ve also spurred Metternich to reform the Augustian Code and establish the international system that would define the Imperial Century as well, something I see being covered in early parts of the Metternich musical. I imagine a lot of media based on the wars themselves would narrow down their focus to the rank and file soilders of Nikephourus' army or indivudal militas of the Persian revolution.

With how controversial Saint Wilhelmina has become over the years, what would she herself think of her own reign after becoming an angel and witnessing the consequences of some of her policies, epically when she was processed Victoria Louise and got to see the Holocaust and the Angeloi regime? I think seeing her reaction to that and her interactions with Victoria Louise would be a cool thing to see, epically since I imagine Victoria Lousie's situation with her brother Wilhelm would remind Wilhelmina of herself and Kirill to some degree. Plus it might be an opportunity to see what Gunhilda was doing during the war since Wilhelmina said she was going to find her somewhere in Eastern Europe, tho whether or not you want want another flashback to HOI3/early NWO is up to you.

I wonder what a history book like Guns, Germs and Steel would be here like since we didn't have native Eimerican societies get wiped out by disease and European colonization like OTL, even tho the Eimericas did experince some plague and colonization from other powers. Maybe there would be focus on the rise of Kanata, Fusang and Penglai and how they worked with native cultures to surivie and grow early on in their history, along with their affects of the rise and consolidation of nearby native regimes like the Meskwaki and Twantinsuyu.

I wonder how much TTL Legends of Galactic Heroes would be influenced by the history of Sino-Roman relations here considering how OTL Galactic Empire and Free Planets Alliance have similarities to Prussia and China. Maybe we could make them both authoritarian at the start of the novels and anime, with the Galactic Empire being a Metternich style autocracy and the Free Planets being defacto run by a military junta despite being an official democracy. Then we could have our two protagonist rise of the ranks of their respective counties' militaries and reform their governments to be more liberal and democratic/meritocratic, through Reinhard would likely still be an absolute monarch like OTL since that tends to be a staple of even the most liberal meritocracies. Hope you like this brief outline I came up with. I may not know much about either the books or anime and likely won’t do any interludes for it, but I hope this provides interesting discussions for now and gives ideas to anyone that might consider their own summaries in the future.

In your outline for paradox strategy games many pages ago, you mentioned some spin off titles seperate from the main titles focusing on the anarchy and the Maximist wars, so I was wondering what these games would be like and how they might portray their timeperiods differently from the mechanics of larger games like EU4 and Victoria 2, as well as how those depictions of events like the Anarchy would like up with real life popular consensus of them amoung historians and the average player here?

I think EU4 having multiple start dates Ck2 or Darkest Hour style and having players choose any scenario between the Sunset Invasion to the Nikephorian Wars would be a good idea given how long the game is in TTL, with unqiue mechanics for each era to properly represent events like the General 17th Century Crsis (Anarchy, Fifty Years War and the rise of the Commonwealth) and the Age of Absolutism (later half of the Reign of Women after the Fifty Years war and before the Pragmatic Sanction, possibly just after Sunrise Invasion). I think that would be neat, since it wouldn't have to railroad EU4 too much and allow the game to progress naturally from any given start date.

Last edited:
I second TWR and the Anguished One's sentiments as well, it's sad to see how far Billy has fallen into being a slave to Sentinel's brainwashing, let's hope Anders and friends mange to break his and the other soldiers' brainwashing when they defeat Pavel.
Let's hope X-Division figures something out then.
Very cool, there is some lore and plot details that could potentially be fleshed out in future story arcs, like the mechanical Dragon and Giant during Sigismund's and Fredrich Augustian III's reign. looking forward to that.
I do plan on addressing those...eventually.
After rereading the first chapters of CK2, I find it very interesting that the military carriers of Mayor Beathan, Caliph Hakam and Kaiser Siegfried closely parallel the accomplishments of Fredrich the Great, Fredrich von Sigmarigen and Werner von Habsburg during the Crusades and the Restoration. I think it’s very cool that both of these tros had their members come from very different backgrounds and likely had some differences between each other and yet still had them become close allies working together to bring down great obstacles like Hassan and Ocuil Actal, I think that’s very neat.
I never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense. Perhaps I'll draw more parallels between that trio and the original trio if I bring them up in the future.
There's also Actal himself who probaly worked with the Worm and it's cult in the same way Hassan did, tho I imagine he would've been differnet from Hassan in the way that he doesn't really like the cult itself and only really sees it as an means to an end. I can picture Actal and his family being drawn in by the Worm and its power tho and being directly loyal to Worm itself rather than the cult, hence his catchphrase and the ouroboros flag the Mexica used, so there'd still be the idea of Actal being a slave to his religious belief and family traditions you introduced in our last discussion about the Sunset Invasion.
There's probably one Acatl who was in the cult itself, and they were responsible for manipulating Ocuil Acatl into leading the invasion. But I think the family as a whole is unaware of the cult like most regular people. Only a few likeminded individuals are chosen to join and must keep their membership a secret so they can manipulate the rest of the family into doing their bidding. Ocuil Acatl likely picked up his catchphrase from that cultist. Other cultists embedded in the imperial court probably suggested the flag to symbolize the invasion. His whole devotion to his religious beliefs and family history probably doesn't involve the cult as much as being raised in traditional Mexica religion (emphasizing conquest and blood sacrifice) combined with his family's hatred and desire for vengeance against the Scandinavians. He has made it his mission to conquer the Scandinavians and their allies and sacrifice them for his gods, and with some encouragement and funding from the cult he is set on a collision course with the Reich.
With how large the battle of Persepolis was and how much media that has come from it, namely some Shakespeare plays and a symphony from Mozart and Beethoven, I think it would be appropriate to ask what the historiographic and cultural perception of the battle is nowadays. I imagine it’d be a lot like how the cultural historiography for the Sunset Invasion has changed over time, with a shift from seeing it as a fight between civilization and barbarism to a view that would offer sympathy and nuance, like maybe the Timurds being seen as liberators by Zunist faithfuls (a bit like how Uzbeckization sees OTL Tamerlane as a national hero for prosperity and the many scientific and cultural advancements Central Asia got during his reign despite his brutal conquests) or the ambitions of Persia and India to colonize and subjugate Turkish Central Asia (because I doubt Indian and Persian colonization of Central Asia following Persepolis is seen in a good light by people after the World Wars, especially after the fascist regimes of Gandhi and Reza Khan).
Initially Persepolis was viewed as the turning point in the war against the Timurids, the moment when the Romans and Persians came together to decisively shatter the horde and put an end to its conquests. From that point on, the Timurids were on the decline, and the Reich and Persia gradually became more friendlier with each other. Some saw it as the final battle against barbarism and the last battle of the Thirteenth Century Crisis (even if it took place long after the 1200s were over). Nowadays Romans and Persians focus less on the war against barbarism symbolism and more on how the battle brought their two countries, traditionally enemies, together for the first time. Although they are aware of the brutalities of Timurid rule in Persia, they don't deny Timur was an icon and hero for Zunists and brought many scientific advancements as well as political recognition to Central Asia. Persians actually consider him an honorable man, as he politely resigned from his post serving the shah before launching his invasion and always fought fairly and honorably (in their view). Afghans and those sympathetic to the Ghaznavids view him as a conqueror who tried to suppress their Eastern Slavic traditions to elevate Zunism, while Zunists embrace him as their savior against a "foreign" Slavic regime (since the religion is not native to the area) bent on destroying their way of life. The Indians would rather not talk about their conquests of Central Asia and wars against the Timurids because they were steeped in imperialist ideology the Rasas embraced.
I wonder how modern historians would study the Nikephorian Wars and Prince Nikephorus carrier, especially with the hindsight of it leading to later events like the Maxmist Wars and the Chinese unification movement? I assume empathize would be placed on the Pragmatic Sanction, Five Years War and the Perisan revolution since those were the events that set nationalist and liberal movements throughout the Imperial Century. I imagine it would’ve also spurred Metternich to reform the Augustian Code and establish the international system that would define the Imperial Century as well, something I see being covered in early parts of the Metternich musical. I imagine a lot of media based on the wars themselves would narrow down their focus to the rank and file soilders of Nikephourus' army or indivudal militas of the Persian revolution.
I think Nikephoros would be seen like how Napoleon is seen in real life. Some see him as a force for liberalization and nationalism, a hero of the common people and modern ideas, while others see him as a conqueror and warmonger whose actions indirectly led to many future conflicts. People focus more on how he refused to directly take power after the Pragmatic Sanction, even though he could and it would have been widely accepted. He and his son did work closely with Metternich to reform the absolutist system in place since the 1600s into the semi-meritocratic Metternich system which lasted until the early 1900s, and he receives some credit for being open to such reforms when the main line remained committed to absolutism. But others point out he was indirectly responsible for the Persian Revolution, which led to the rise of nationalism and democratic movements, as well as the Chinese unification movement, the consequences of which dominated the second half of the 1800s. And his existence led to the Pragmatic Sanction, which led to the Maximist Wars. His legacy is very mixed these days.
With how controversial Saint Wilhelmina has become over the years, what would she herself think of her own reign after becoming an angel and witnessing the consequences of some of her policies, epically when she was processed Victoria Louise and got to see the Holocaust and the Angeloi regime? I think seeing her reaction to that and her interactions with Victoria Louise would be a cool thing to see, epically since I imagine Victoria Lousie's situation with her brother Wilhelm would remind Wilhelmina of herself and Kirill to some degree. Plus it might be an opportunity to see what Gunhilda was doing during the war since Wilhelmina said she was going to find her somewhere in Eastern Europe, tho whether or not you want want another flashback to HOI3/early NWO is up to you.
I wouldn't say Saint Wilhelmina has been controversial, but rather she is now looked at with a more critical light. Many historians see the value in no longer whitewashing the early Kaisers' reigns but in examining each of their actions in full. Only then can people know who they truly were and what they did. It's true Saint Wilhelmina oversaw decades of peace and cultural innovation, but she also spearheaded a massive deportation and assimilation program of the French, Poles, and Arabs to earn the loyalty of other demographics and eliminate troublesome groups. By many modern standards this would be considered genocide, and historians accept it. What is more important is that Saint Wilhelmina is viewed not as a perfect ruler above reproach but as a flawed woman in charge of the most powerful empire in the world at the time. She lost her father and was thrust into a highly volatile religious and political situation at a young age, surrounded by military veterans and religious zealots who informed her early policies before she could stand on her own. She can't be considered fully good or evil. But that's the nature of people. It is a Roman's responsibility to be aware of that and to use her as an example of both what is right and what is clearly not right.

If I ever bring back angelic Saint Wilhelmina, I might have her talk about her interactions with Victoria Louise and make comparisons with Kirill. As an angel she might have realized what was happening in the Middle East and other places affected by her policies. She might even question why she became an angel when she was responsible for so much suffering. She'd spend the next few centuries watching how her actions affect the future of the Reich and reflect on her legacy, eventually deciding to set things right when given a chance in the 1930s. I've totally forgotten about Gunhilda until she reappeared with Anne but I did imply she was possessing many female snipers and other soldiers around Europe. That might be a good flashback. Although I am quite preoccupied with the Forum arc right now so it could be a while if I ever get around to it.

There will be a part of the school arc where I have the students visit Saint Wilhelmina's memorial in Constantinople and talk about her legacy. I really liked working on that update and can't wait to share it.
I wonder what a history book like Guns, Germs and Steel would be here like since we didn't have native Eimerican societies get wiped out by disease and European colonization like OTL, even tho the Eimericas did experince some plague and colonization from other powers. Maybe there would be focus on the rise of Kanata, Fusang and Penglai and how they worked with native cultures to surivie and grow early on in their history, along with their affects of the rise and consolidation of nearby native regimes like the Meskwaki and Twantinsuyu.
First off I think the book would not exist. Jared Diamond in real life is not a qualified historian to cover the myriad of points his book goes over (far more than any regular historian could reasonably cover in a single book), so I imagine his book would not exist or be very different (and still shunned by the academic community and general public). But there would be multiple books written by actual historians talking about the Columbian-style exchange between the Old and New World starting in the thirteenth century (and a little earlier with the arrival of the Vikings). I think those would specialize in a certain area of the exchange, from the adoption of New World military and naval technology to the heavy centralization of the Triple Alliance into a European-style empire with native influences (although there were definitely many permanent settlements and centralized political structures in real life pre-Columbian North America as well as pre-Viking North Eimerica here, the Alliance's reforms would be on a completely different level). Fusang and Penglai would probably be grouped into the larger Chinese history field, though Fusang would also overlap with North Eimerican history. Kanata is in a completely separate field focusing on the wars of Eimerican independence (with a special emphasis on the three-sided conflicts involving the Reich, Scandinavia/Lithuania, Mali, and the Triple Alliance in which the Reich both fought alongside and against the Alliance).
I wonder how much TTL Legends of Galactic Heroes would be influenced by the history of Sino-Roman relations here considering how OTL Galactic Empire and Free Planets Alliance have similarities to Prussia and China. Maybe we could make them both authoritarian at the start of the novels and anime, with the Galactic Empire being a Metternich style autocracy and the Free Planets being defacto run by a military junta despite being an official democracy. Then we could have our two protagonist rise of the ranks of their respective counties' militaries and reform their governments to be more liberal and democratic/meritocratic, through Reinhard would likely still be an absolute monarch like OTL since that tends to be a staple of even the most liberal meritocracies. Hope you like this brief outline I came up with. I may not know much about either the books or anime and likely won’t do any interludes for it, but I hope this provides interesting discussions for now and gives ideas to anyone that might consider their own summaries in the future.
I've been meaning to watch Legends of the Galactic Heroes for years but never found time. I think you bring up some good points, but I can't say much more without having watched the anime.
In your outline for paradox strategy games many pages ago, you mentioned some spin off titles seperate from the main titles focusing on the anarchy and the Maximist wars, so I was wondering what these games would be like and how they might portray their timeperiods differently from the mechanics of larger games like EU4 and Victoria 2, as well as how those depictions of events like the Anarchy would like up with real life popular consensus of them amoung historians and the average player here?
Let's see, the Anarchy game might be focused on the Roman European heartland. You play as a dynatos or other faction (like early heretics) or Malcolm Bethune/one of his generals. While there is fighting, the focus is more on espionage and political intrigue. You'd have to gain the support of other factions (including Scandinavia and Lithuania) by making concessions, but you could do the same to other factions to get leverage. Basically you just have to survive to the end date (let's say 1600), with a score given by how well you performed and if you even take over the Reich (or maintain power as Bethune). With the Maximist Wars I think it would be like March of the Eagles, only you play as a general, not as the leaders. The focus is on smaller scale tactical battles.
I think EU4 having multiple start dates Ck2 or Darkest Hour style and having players choose any scenario between the Sunset Invasion to the Nikephorian Wars would be a good idea given how long the game is in TTL, with unqiue mechanics for each era to properly represent events like the General 17th Century Crsis (Anarchy, Fifty Years War and the rise of the Commonwealth) and the Age of Absolutism (later half of the Reign of Women after the Fifty Years war and before the Pragmatic Sanction, possibly just after Sunrise Invasion). I think that would be neat, since it wouldn't have to railroad EU4 too much and allow the game to progress naturally from any given start date.
That's a good idea. As with the Anarchy game, there'd be a greater focus on internal politics. Sunset Invasion would require you to maintain the loyalty of the dynatoi to protect your army and prevent a situation like what happened for the Byzantines at Manzikert in real life. The Renaissance-era would encourage you to invest in culture and the arts, struggle to centralize power away from the dynatoi, and begin exploring the Atlantic to get revenge on the Mexica. The Fifty Years' War would have you wage an information war against the heretics using the Inquisition, allowing you to either use a heavy-handed approach or a more peaceful one to maintain power. The Commonwealth Wars can only be represented by a total overhaul of the combat mechanics since the only thing stopping me from just rolling into Lithuania and conquering it in a couple were my self-imposed limitations. War exhaustion and supply lines would be a bigger deal, and the Lithuanians would get significant morale and discipline boosts to emphasize their quality over quantity doctrine. With the Age of Absolutism you'd see high centralization, which would finally remove the dynatoi infighting but replace it with court intrigue and more serious succession crises, culminating in the Pragmatic Sanction.

Reactions:
Initially Persepolis was viewed as the turning point in the war against the Timurids, the moment when the Romans and Persians came together to decisively shatter the horde and put an end to its conquests. From that point on, the Timurids were on the decline, and the Reich and Persia gradually became more friendlier with each other. Some saw it as the final battle against barbarism and the last battle of the Thirteenth Century Crisis (even if it took place long after the 1200s were over). Nowadays Romans and Persians focus less on the war against barbarism symbolism and more on how the battle brought their two countries, traditionally enemies, together for the first time. Although they are aware of the brutalities of Timurid rule in Persia, they don't deny Timur was an icon and hero for Zunists and brought many scientific advancements as well as political recognition to Central Asia. Persians actually consider him an honorable man, as he politely resigned from his post serving the shah before launching his invasion and always fought fairly and honorably (in their view). Afghans and those sympathetic to the Ghaznavids view him as a conqueror who tried to suppress their Eastern Slavic traditions to elevate Zunism, while Zunists embrace him as their savior against a "foreign" Slavic regime (since the religion is not native to the area) bent on destroying their way of life.
You know when you put it that way, Timur is basically the Saladin of the Hohenzollernverse, A movie trilogy similar to Kingdom of Heaven will definitely try to highlight this and will focus more on the Kaiser's attempts to keep Timur's armies from breaching through Mesopotamia, the Persian Shah rallying his empire and finally, Timur's rise to power. By the way, I can see the historical movies here lasting much longer here, and a Kingdom of Heaven movie still happening, but dealing with Fredreich the Great and the First Crusade as well as humanizing the Muslim side. Because, come on, the What is Jerusalem Worth question is too good to not exist here, especially since the Reich has members of the Abrahamic faith as citizens.

Also I've been rereading the entire megacampaign, and currently am in the EU4 section again, I'll be looking forward to seeing plotlines from the CK2 and EU4 days get tackled in the near future, especially the dragon and giant incident. You know for sure either the Jotunn or the Worm cult were involved ;)

Last edited:
Reactions:
You know when you put it that way, Timur is basically the Saladin of the Hohenzollernverse, A movie trilogy similar to Kingdom of Heaven will definitely try to highlight this and will focus more on the Kaiser's attempts to keep Timur's armies from breaching through Mesopotamia, the Persian Shah rallying his empire and finally, Timur's rise to power. By the way, I can see the historical movies here lasting much longer here, and a Kingdom of Heaven movie still happening, but dealing with Fredreich the Great and the First Crusade as well as humanizing the Muslim side. Because, come on, the What is Jerusalem Worth question is too good to not exist here, especially since the Reich has members of the Abrahamic faith as citizens.
That would be nice. We'd have a Timur/Shah Rukh trilogy which humanizes both of them while not glossing over the negatives of their conquests, as well as their role in bringing the Reich and Persia together after centuries of conflict. A Friedrich the Great movie on the First Crusade would be brilliant, especially if it focuses on a random soldier in either the Roman or Arab armies and what happened to them after the war.
Also I've been rereading the entire megacampaign, and currently am in the EU4 section again, I'll be looking forward to seeing plotlines from the CK2 and EU4 days get tackled in the near future, especially the dragon and giant incident. You know for sure either the Jotunn or the Worm cult were involved ;)
I'm not sure what an eldritch abomination needs with a giant mecha...:p

Reactions:
That would be nice. We'd have a Timur/Shah Rukh trilogy which humanizes both of them while not glossing over the negatives of their conquests, as well as their role in bringing the Reich and Persia together after centuries of conflict. A Friedrich the Great movie on the First Crusade would be brilliant, especially if it focuses on a random soldier in either the Roman or Arab armies and what happened to them after the war.
Those are great ideas for historical dramas, I can also see TTL Braveheart being turned into a trilogy as well, with the first movie from the 90s focusing on Beathan of Tavaria rising up the ranks of the Roman legions and befriending Caliph Hakam and Kaiser Siegfried and them working as a team to bring down Ocuil Actal in Eryng, who would be depicted as an honorable foe rather than a mustache twirling barbarian in other depictions from him. Then we could have a sequel set during Operation Sunrise Invasion and then a prequel set during the rise of the Triple Alliance and the conquests of its neighbors in Eimerica after Leif Erikson’s exile.

In addition to the all the biblical movies and Pagan mythology films that TLL's Disney and Dreamworks have made following Prince of Egypt, we could also have them make historical biopics about figures like Malztilin, Saint Gunhilda or Tsarsita Sbyslava. Granted I assume a Saint Gunhilda film become a little bit simlar to Mulan which would probally exist in TTL as well, but we could always make them separate by focusing her being a peasant climbing up the social ladder of a rigged feudal society rather than her being a women in a male dominated social order.

I'm not sure what an eldritch abomination needs with a giant mecha...:p
I assume the Dragon and the mech were left over relics of the Ancient Humanity era, possibly weapons and military tech that Ancient Humanity and its Jotun used during the war between allies against the Cult and the other precursor allies, so I guess they'd still be related to either the Jotun and Worm in some way, at least that's my head canon for them.

With symbolism related to the Worm showing up in almost every culture around the world and the Cult being a very decentralized organization with members that likely embedded in every country, how do you suppose the other Inquisitions are doing in their fight against the Cult since the Worm would likely have some connections to their culture and thus room to inflirate them?
If I ever bring back angelic Saint Wilhelmina, I might have her talk about her interactions with Victoria Louise and make comparisons with Kirill. As an angel she might have realized what was happening in the Middle East and other places affected by her policies. She might even question why she became an angel when she was responsible for so much suffering. She'd spend the next few centuries watching how her actions affect the future of the Reich and reflect on her legacy, eventually deciding to set things right when given a chance in the 1930s. I've totally forgotten about Gunhilda until she reappeared with Anne but I did imply she was possessing many female snipers and other soldiers around Europe. That might be a good flashback. Although I am quite preoccupied with the Forum arc right now so it could be a while if I ever get around to it.
You also set up the possibility of Bernadette, who was also briefly processed by Saint Wilhelmina funnily enough, of becoming an Angel after she died in Vicky 2, tho I don't think that plot point panned out to much after what Gabriel did and the near extermination of Angels during WW2. What are the odds of her making a come back in future arcs?

Also, I know you've based Hohenzollernverse Angels mostly on their depictions in Supernatural, but what are the odds that they still have the otherworldly forms they were described to have in the Bilble, because that honestly would be cool to see even it'll be diffcult to figure out how they'll show up. Maybe you could have some Angels go insane and no longer be able to process human vessels, which would lock them into their true forms, that might be a good idea.
First off I think the book would not exist. Jared Diamond in real life is not a qualified historian to cover the myriad of points his book goes over (far more than any regular historian could reasonably cover in a single book), so I imagine his book would not exist or be very different (and still shunned by the academic community and general public). But there would be multiple books written by actual historians talking about the Columbian-style exchange between the Old and New World starting in the thirteenth century (and a little earlier with the arrival of the Vikings). I think those would specialize in a certain area of the exchange, from the adoption of New World military and naval technology to the heavy centralization of the Triple Alliance into a European-style empire with native influences (although there were definitely many permanent settlements and centralized political structures in real life pre-Columbian North America as well as pre-Viking North Eimerica here, the Alliance's reforms would be on a completely different level). Fusang and Penglai would probably be grouped into the larger Chinese history field, though Fusang would also overlap with North Eimerican history. Kanata is in a completely separate field focusing on the wars of Eimerican independence (with a special emphasis on the three-sided conflicts involving the Reich, Scandinavia/Lithuania, Mali, and the Triple Alliance in which the Reich both fought alongside and against the Alliance).
Speaking of an exchange of ideas between the Old and New World, what were the Equalist regimes like and how was their relationship with both their Palluist neighbors and the CSSR? Considering how the revolutions of 1926 more or less broke apart the Meskwaki, and Kanata and Mexico and the Equalist regimes had to wage a series of wars with Soviet aid to consolidate their holdings and established allied governments in the CSA and Cuba, I assume those governments would've been deeply unpopular with their multi-ethnic populations and were largely on Soviet support to maintain their countries, hence their failure to beat back the Mittleimericans at Mobile and their collapse following WW3. Granted, I doubt they would've been too fond of the Soviets despite them being the heads of the Warsaw Pact, so I imagine they'd attempt to cooperate with each other and charismatic leaders like Witko to find alternatives to Soviet support and maintain their regimes. As for the Paulluist dicators, while they'd likely be openly hostile to each other, I remember Witko being temorialy apart of Pallu's non-aligned movement and actually implemnting some of his ideas into his regime, so I assume the Eimerican Equalists and Palluists would agree with each other on some ideas.
I've been meaning to watch Legends of the Galactic Heroes for years but never found time. I think you bring up some good points, but I can't say much more without having watched the anime.
I haven't watched it either, but I am considering reading the original books at some point before watching the anime, that might be a good way to start off the series. I know that Dragoon actually had a character in Deus Ex Anniona, Grand Admiral Lothar von Kofenhiller, who I'm pretty sure was inspired by one of the two protagonists of LOTGH, tho you're certainly free to give him original characterization of your own by the time by the time we get to Stellaris, along with the Anniona royal family of that time and a few members of the Imperial Court and the cult.

Speaking of the Annionaverse, how do feel about the idea of the succession crisis leading up to the Rapture being one big shadow war waged by the Worm and it's cult against the Jotun and their allied secret organizations like Sentinel and the Syndicate, with the Vanir as a possible third faction influcing India and the Americas. Perhaps we could have the Annionaverse X-Divsion be forced to team up with either the Jotun or Vanir against the Cult to prevent their takeover of humanity, only to fail at the last minute when they are betrayed by the Jotun/Vanir and get killed in the power struggle, allowing the Cult to survive the Rapture and consolidate their power in the Holy Terran Empire, later becoming the Imperial Cult and influencing the Empire's neofeudal system and the holy war doctrine of its foreign policy.

Considering that the Forum and religious right parties base much on their support on Christianity and a Greeco-German plurality for the most part, I wonder what their stance of these parities on non Christian demographics and ethnic minorities that make up the majority populations of places such as the Middle East, Africa and Hispania among other places, and how would those parties would feel about those parities and the political status quo in general?

I remember some disscusion in EU4 where we debated how Fredrichca Augusta's reign and her handling of the Fifty Years War, which is very interesting, but I'm also interested in the controversy that Mansur Shah Muhktar would've likely developed over the centuries and the different perspectives that could be made about how he ran the Inquisition during the war. I also interested in the impact of the Fifty Years and the heretic movements had on the Reich's religious history as well, namely the affect it had on the standing of religious minorities in the Reich, since that was something you brought up in this post regarding the separation of church and state.
With the Maximist Wars I think it would be like March of the Eagles, only you play as a general, not as the leaders. The focus is on smaller scale tactical battles.
Maybe there could be also be options to play as the rouge militias and guerrillas during the war, like Maximlian Goreign militias, the rouge Jarduffs that rampaged through the Maximist countryside, or even minority revolts like the Polish revolt against Maximist and Siegdridist rule (I imagine there would being alot of media for these militias and guerrillas, maybe even as much of these as there would be for the convential armies and battles between the Maximists and Siegfriedists) I imagine their could also be option to play as other countries like Russia, Lithuiana and Scandinavia during the war, where they could either remain neutral, offer aid and support to one of the side (like Persia did with the Siegfrdists during the siege of Rome) or even take advantage of the chaos and try to take land for themselves (like what Lithuania and Scandinavia did late in the war). Also, when you say small scale tactital kind, are we talking about the way the Total War games intergrate battles into the campaign whenever armies on the map engage each other, a different style of combat engagements in traditional Paradox games, or even a turn based system like XCOM?

Speaking of Total War, we may have talked about the games and the eras that they would cover before, but I'm curios about how the large scale strategic battles the series is known for and the campaign would play out in eras with massive wars like the Crusades, the Thritenteh Century Crisis, Commonwealth Wars and the Nikephorian Wars. I guess it'd largely depend on styles of warfare waged by armies of the time and the tactics each faction would use to conter each other, like bonsus the Mexica infantry would have against Calvary or the morale and cohesion of Commonwealth units.

Last edited:
Those are great ideas for historical dramas, I can also see TTL Braveheart being turned into a trilogy as well, with the first movie from the 90s focusing on Beathan of Tavaria rising up the ranks of the Roman legions and befriending Caliph Hakam and Kaiser Siegfried and them working as a team to bring down Ocuil Actal in Eryng, who would be depicted as an honorable foe rather than a mustache twirling barbarian in other depictions from him. Then we could have a sequel set during Operation Sunrise Invasion and then a prequel set during the rise of the Triple Alliance and the conquests of its neighbors in Eimerica after Leif Erikson’s exile.
Maybe the final movie would have a descendant of Beathan participating in Sunrise Invasion, only he is now a noble and very much not in the same position as his ancestor was in. Perhaps he could fill in the role of Hakam to Kaiserin Victoria and to a new common-born leader.

I really like the idea of Ocuil Acatl as a complex and nuanced antagonist. He generally believes his cause is just and is unable to break away from his family legacy, setting him on a collision course with our trio of protagonists. Although the final showdown might be a little underwhelming since he does survive all of those battles and dies of old age.
In addition to the all the biblical movies and Pagan mythology films that TLL's Disney and Dreamworks have made following Prince of Egypt, we could also have them make historical biopics about figures like Malztilin, Saint Gunhilda or Tsarsita Sbyslava. Granted I assume a Saint Gunhilda film become a little bit simlar to Mulan which would probally exist in TTL as well, but we could always make them separate by focusing her being a peasant climbing up the social ladder of a rigged feudal society rather than her being a women in a male dominated social order.
It could always be both though. Gunhilda is both a peasant and a woman, and the early Reich, for all of Friedrich the Great's talk of fairness and tolerance, was still very patriarchal and noble dominated. She'd have to fight against all that, even with Friedrich the Glorious' support and her religious significance.
I assume the Dragon and the mech were left over relics of the Ancient Humanity era, possibly weapons and military tech that Ancient Humanity and its Jotun used during the war between allies against the Cult and the other precursor allies, so I guess they'd still be related to either the Jotun and Worm in some way, at least that's my head canon for them.
I have a vague idea of what I want to do with the dragon but I'm not sure of it yet because one of the main plots expanding on it might be rewritten at some point. I still have no idea what to do with the giant mecha. It's a leftover from a pre-Stellaris time when I thought this megacampaign would only go up to HOI3 and my writing style was very different. I do intend on keeping it in for the purposes of legacy lore but I still have to figure out what to do with it.

I always viewed the Cult as more of an enemy in the shadows, conducting sabotage and influencing opinion from behind people's backs while the "main" war of the humans and Jotun/Vanir against their enemies rages.
With symbolism related to the Worm showing up in almost every culture around the world and the Cult being a very decentralized organization with members that likely embedded in every country, how do you suppose the other Inquisitions are doing in their fight against the Cult since the Worm would likely have some connections to their culture and thus room to inflirate them?
I haven't worked on specifics but I imagine since the Cult now controls the Roman Inquisition, the most powerful of the supernatural-focused organizations, and its vast resources, the other agencies are on the defensive. They'll definitely be on the lookout for Cult infiltration as well as homegrown Cult cells derived from local Worm cultural influences.
You also set up the possibility of Bernadette, who was also briefly processed by Saint Wilhelmina funnily enough, of becoming an Angel after she died in Vicky 2, tho I don't think that plot point panned out to much after what Gabriel did and the near extermination of Angels during WW2. What are the odds of her making a come back in future arcs?
Fifty years passed between her death and Gabriel kicking all of the angels out of Heaven, which is more than enough time for her to become an angel if she wants. But I admit I basically forgot about Bernadette because I wrapped up her character arc neatly in 1886. It's possible she could be an angel. I don't have any plans to bring her back anytime soon, but I could consider it in the future.
Also, I know you've based Hohenzollernverse Angels mostly on their depictions in Supernatural, but what are the odds that they still have the otherworldly forms they were described to have in the Bilble, because that honestly would be cool to see even it'll be diffcult to figure out how they'll show up. Maybe you could have some Angels go insane and no longer be able to process human vessels, which would lock them into their true forms, that might be a good idea.
From what I remember, Supernatural's depiction of angels is actually inspired by those otherworldly forms, since in the Bible they are described as terrifying to behold and always causing or leading to destruction when they show up. So in Supernatural their true forms are shrouded in blinding light which blinds people and makes it hard to see what they look like, though I generally went with a shapeless form. If you mean the form like the four-headed multi-winged depiction that appeared in some parts of the Bible, I'd like to point out the X-Files episode where Angela protects a girl after Alexandra's adoption does have an angel fitting that description, though I had to cut it out to make room for Wilhelm. Perhaps I could introduce that form in the future, though I want to keep their "true forms" as shapeless beings of light for now.
Speaking of an exchange of ideas between the Old and New World, what were the Equalist regimes like and how was their relationship with both their Palluist neighbors and the CSSR? Considering how the revolutions of 1926 more or less broke apart the Meskwaki, and Kanata and Mexico and the Equalist regimes had to wage a series of wars with Soviet aid to consolidate their holdings and established allied governments in the CSA and Cuba, I assume those governments would've been deeply unpopular with their multi-ethnic populations and were largely on Soviet support to maintain their countries, hence their failure to beat back the Mittleimericans at Mobile and their collapse following WW3. Granted, I doubt they would've been too fond of the Soviets despite them being the heads of the Warsaw Pact, so I imagine they'd attempt to cooperate with each other and charismatic leaders like Witko to find alternatives to Soviet support and maintain their regimes. As for the Paulluist dicators, while they'd likely be openly hostile to each other, I remember Witko being temorialy apart of Pallu's non-aligned movement and actually implemnting some of his ideas into his regime, so I assume the Eimerican Equalists and Palluists would agree with each other on some ideas.
First we'd have to talk about the situation of the late Meskwaki empire in the 1920s to explain the situation of its successor states. Dohumme was never the charismatic leader and standard bearer Pierremaskin was, and she barely held the empire together thanks to a cabinet whose loyalty was more out of reverence to Pierremaskin and his family. That reverence snaps when the Meskwaki end the war with heavy casualties and not much gained in the end. Dohumme is seen as a failure who only looks out for her ethnic group. People begin to question why it's called the MESKWAKI Empire. The other ethnic groups like the Lakota, Miami, Shawnee, and others begin asking for concessions and greater representation. Dohumme tries to decentralize some areas, which increases their power and autonomy from Michigan, and centralize other areas, provoking unrest. Equalist cells, encouraged by the successful revolution on the other side of the Great Lakes, stage a coup in Michigan City and overthrow the weakened Dohumme. With the last link to Pierremaskin severed by the equalist bogeyman, the other ethnic groups have the excuse they need to outright declare independence. They quickly form their own identities in opposition to the new equalist regime and resist fiercely when the Michigan Commune/Eimerican Commune begins a war of reunification. The early wars are difficult, as Soviet weapons and training can only go so far, but the other splinter states are just as weak as the Michigan Commune. Eventually, the Commune's forces grow more powerful as they reclaim the old empire's industry and farmland, and they only stop when the CSA and Pueblo/MFS are placed under the protection of the main powers. The Commune remains deeply unpopular for the next 60 years outside Michigan for its attempts at denationalization (because the end goal of the Eimerican Commune was to establish a post-national Eimerican equalist society), assimilation, and collectivization. But with Soviet aid it suppresses all serious attempts at resistance. The EC would rather follow its own interpretation of Marxism based on a fusion of native egalitarian traditions and a weird interpretation of Pierremaskin's anti-Old World pan-nationalism, but they need the Soviet aid so they slowly adopt a more European Marxist ideology. When the Soviet aid dries up after 1986, the Eimerican Commune explodes within a couple years.

The CSA is even worse since it swung from a very hard right (if not far right) regime to a far left regime in the span of a couple years due to foreign occupation. Although it attempts to avoid the problems of the Meskwaki Empire by calling itself a confederation of southern altepetls instead of a Meskwaki confederation, the fact remains it is still dominated by Nahua and Meskwaki in Itzcotocatl Yaquica and Dohumme. The war initially went well for the CSA due to the relative military weakness of both PARA and the EC and the heavy militarization of the CSA in preparation to liberate Yaquica's and Dohumme's homelands, but the USR (later UTR) launched a surprise invasion of the southeast which catches it off guard and collapses the front lines, putting the country under occupation from PARA, the EC, and the USR. At this point it is clear the CSA is defeated, so its ethnic groups also begin splitting off. The Nahua in Tejas want to join PARA (not because they ideologically support it but they would rather side with their victorious fellow Nahua) but are kept in the CSSA to prevent PARA from becoming too powerful and to keep the CSSA divided and weak so it can't threaten the EC and PARA again. The same goes for the UTR occupying the eastern altepetls, which wanted to split off into their own states but now find themselves ruled by a Norse-dominated regime. The EC keeps the Meskwaki in power in the CSSA, believing a fellow Meskwaki-led regime would be friendlier and easier to control especially in its weakened and fragile state. Witko is installed to keep the ethnic groups in line, but in reality the EC expects them to continue feuding within the new CSSA, keeping the regime weak and easy to control by the "advanced" equalist powers. As with the EC, Witko wants to ideologically and politically distance himself and the CSSA from the Warsaw Pact, which he sees as having carved up the nation to keep it under their control, but he can't do much because he needs the Soviet aid to prop up his regime. After the Soviet collapse, Witko's death, and the humiliation of Mobile reminding people of the USR's east coast invasion, the aid dries up and the CSSA explodes.

Cuba is weird. It originated from an equalist rebellion in Mayapan over an increasingly autocratic government and a worsening labor situation as well as persecution of Nahua. This earned it massive support from the lower classes and the Nahua population. When the war broke out, the Yucatec Republic was established in both Yucatan and Cuba with PARA, EC, USR, and Vinlandic support. The original goal was to keep Yucatec intact as a Caribbean republic led by Nahua workers, but following the war it was split into two. Yucatan was given to PARA against its inhabitants' will (starting the first wave of insurgencies there), while the rest of Yucatec was turned into Cuba since the original name no longer applies. PARA wanted to annex Cuba as well, but its request was denied as with Tejas. From the very beginning it was very clear Cuba was a joint PARA/UTR puppet propped up with Soviet weapons. Contrary to the CSSA and EC being very multiethnic, Cuba is more ethnically homogenous but still split between Mayans and Nahua. Although the Nahua are the largest group and supported by PARA, the UTR and EC installed a Mayan-led regime (led by Balaam) to intentionally weaken Cuba and stir up resentment between the Nahua and Mayans, keeping them divided and weak. This angered PARA. It had taken Tejas in the war but was forced to give it back, and now it was denied another opportunity at reclaiming Nahua-majority territories formerly part of the Triple Alliance. This causes massive resentment which ultimately leads to PARA's collapse. As for Cuba, the intentionally created resentment between Mayans and Nahua boils over and eventually leads to Kestrel (part Mayan but embraced the Nahua) taking over, promising equality between both groups under a better Mayapan administration (although reunification was delayed by Mayapan's civil war).

The Paulluists saw each other as allies against hostile foreign powers. Paullu fancied himself as the leader of a fourth political bloc in the cold war, one which rejected the ideologies and leadership of the other three and forged their own paths. Witko attempted to fully break with the Warsaw Pact by joining the Paulluist movement more out of wanting independence from the Soviets and EC than ideological agreement, but he eventually had to go back when he realized the Paulluists were barely a bloc and could not replace the massive Soviet aid that was propping up his regime. They certainly agreed on some issues, the most important of which was Pierremaskin's pan-Eimericanism, though interpreted in different ways.
I haven't watched it either, but I am considering reading the original books at some point before watching the anime, that might be a good way to start off the series. I know that Dragoon actually had a character in Deus Ex Anniona, Grand Admiral Lothar von Kofenhiller, who I'm pretty sure was inspired by one of the two protagonists of LOTGH, tho you're certainly free to give him original characterization of your own by the time by the time we get to Stellaris, along with the Anniona royal family of that time and a few members of the Imperial Court and the cult.
I would like to expand on the Anniona royal family in Stellaris. Though I will probably just create original characters like the descendants of Sirius (the last named emperor in Deus Ex Anniona) depending on where I go with them since I'm not sure what @dragoon9105 might do with them in the future. I'd rather add on to the end of Deus Ex Anniona rather than modify existing lore beyond necessary.
Speaking of the Annionaverse, how do feel about the idea of the succession crisis leading up to the Rapture being one big shadow war waged by the Worm and it's cult against the Jotun and their allied secret organizations like Sentinel and the Syndicate, with the Vanir as a possible third faction influcing India and the Americas. Perhaps we could have the Annionaverse X-Divsion be forced to team up with either the Jotun or Vanir against the Cult to prevent their takeover of humanity, only to fail at the last minute when they are betrayed by the Jotun/Vanir and get killed in the power struggle, allowing the Cult to survive the Rapture and consolidate their power in the Holy Terran Empire, later becoming the Imperial Cult and influencing the Empire's neofeudal system and the holy war doctrine of its foreign policy.
One of my original plans for the one-off Annionaverse X-Division story was to reveal the Jotun only began their invasion when Claudius died, and it started with infiltration and secret takeovers masterminded by Sentinel and the Syndicate. Most of what they did in the Hohenzollernverse was also done in the Annionaverse, but with the X-Division there distracted by Walter's dimensional tears, the Syndicate continued without many interruptions. Ultimately the X-Division would allow nuclear war to start to deny the Jotun their victory. I guess this could remain now that the Worm has been established. Maybe the Worm cult infiltrates Sentinel to subvert the Jotun and bring humanity under its control instead, and X-Division sides with the Vanir. But the Vanir are defeated and X-Division again allows Earth to be nuked to stop both the Jotun and the Worm (who to be clear are not allied but want the same goal).

This is subject to change as I have not committed to the details or if I even want to talk about this.
Considering that the Forum and religious right parties base much on their support on Christianity and a Greeco-German plurality for the most part, I wonder what their stance of these parities on non Christian demographics and ethnic minorities that make up the majority populations of places such as the Middle East, Africa and Hispania among other places, and how would those parties would feel about those parities and the political status quo in general?
Seeing as Jacob Baldouin is from Loango and his wife is from Neurhomania (I think Nsorala?), there is significant outreach in minority regions. When I officially start the Forum arc, Thierry Baudet will explain despite the new name The Forum adopts (which he personally doesn't like), it welcomes anybody, not just Christian Germans and Greeks. Although The Forum is inspired by Christian ideals, it accepts people from other religions and cultures, believing their ideas are necessary to create a diverse and representative national conversation. This is in contrast to the mainstream parties which they allege ignore Africa and other minority areas in favor of Europe and the Middle East. The Forum intends to fix that by giving those regions the recognition they deserve.
I remember some disscusion in EU4 where we debated how Fredrichca Augusta's reign and her handling of the Fifty Years War, which is very interesting, but I'm also interested in the controversy that Mansur Shah Muhktar would've likely developed over the centuries and the different perspectives that could be made about how he ran the Inquisition during the war. I also interested in the impact of the Fifty Years and the heretic movements had on the Reich's religious history as well, namely the affect it had on the standing of religious minorities in the Reich, since that was something you brought up in this post regarding the separation of church and state.
Mansur Shah Mukhtar is seen in a very mixed light nowadays. People consider him one of the people who held the Reich together in the war but also hold him responsible for mass persecution of heretics and pagans and a repression of innovation. He was a Malayan who settled in the European heartland and fully embraced Romanitas to the point of leaving his old life behind and possibly repressing his own Malayans in the end for alleged heresy. Some might call him responsible for a new "Dark Ages" where the church suppresses science and independent thinking. Although I have tried very hard to veer away from the pop culture view of the Dark Ages both in writing this AAR and in-universe, I think it's reasonable to assume in-universe some people would consider this a Dark Age for scientific and cultural innovation due to Mukhtar's aggressive anti-heretic campaigns. And yet Mukhtar came out of it a hero and started a noble family. His descendant, Omar Mukhtar, was known for his leadership of the mid-20th century Athanatoi for better or worse. Omar and others of his family have had to constantly reckon with his legacy. Modern Malayans generally refuse to talk about him, and many call him a monster. His overreach and zeal was the reason the Inquisition was slowly pushed away from public affairs and the state, to avoid another Head Inquisitor who could order that much chaos on a national scale. The Inquisition's excesses also discredited the role of the Church in secular affairs, which led to the Enlightenment's thinkers advocating for a greater separation of church and state. Church separated from the state so it can focus on religious affairs and not interfere in secular matters, and the state separated from the church so it can't influence religious doctrine for its own ends. It was a combination of both church and state which led to the Fifty Years' War. Separating them ensures such violence will not happen again. Even now the Kaiser, despite being the official head of the church, defers most religious authority to the Ecumenical Patriarch and only presides over symbolic ceremonies, although he could technically override the Ecumenical Patriarch whenever he wants. There are only two options for the Kaiser in the modern era with the separation of church and state. Either he can separate himself from secular matters of the state to keep his connection to the Church, or he can defer his religious authority to the Church and continue participating in secular government. It is religiously, politically, and mentally unwise to do both.
Maybe there could be also be options to play as the rouge militias and guerrillas during the war, like Maximlian Goreign militias, the rouge Jarduffs that rampaged through the Maximist countryside, or even minority revolts like the Polish revolt against Maximist and Siegdridist rule (I imagine there would being alot of media for these militias and guerrillas, maybe even as much of these as there would be for the convential armies and battles between the Maximists and Siegfriedists) I imagine their could also be option to play as other countries like Russia, Lithuiana and Scandinavia during the war, where they could either remain neutral, offer aid and support to one of the side (like Persia did with the Siegfrdists during the siege of Rome) or even take advantage of the chaos and try to take land for themselves (like what Lithuania and Scandinavia did late in the war). Also, when you say small scale tactital kind, are we talking about the way the Total War games intergrate battles into the campaign whenever armies on the map engage each other, a different style of combat engagements in traditional Paradox games, or even a turn based system like XCOM?
Yes, that was what I was trying to say. By playing as a specific general instead of the state as a whole, you can play as any military faction, like one of the Jagdrufs or Goering's militias, a portion of the main Maximist army directly under a general's command, or a part of the Siegfriedist army. I don't think playing as one of the other countries is a good idea since they remained mostly neutral in the war aside from seizing some territory, which would mean you would either be really bored playing as them or go back to controlling the regime itself EU4-style, which would go against the gameplay style. Although those countries could send expeditionary forces like Persia did for the Siegfriedists, but that would be boring and very difficult unless it happens at the start of the game. Ideally there would also be a focus on diplomacy and personal interactions since you're still playing as a person. Depending on your character's stats you have different options in both battle and diplomacy. Someone like Wolfgang Ludendorff would have very good traits and stats for winning battles, while other generals might focus more on diplomacy which would be useful against the Lithuanians or Scandinavians and to secure Persian aid.

By small scale tactical engagements I'm thinking more like Total War, but a turn-based system like Fire Emblem or XCOM could work as well. Maybe closer to Valkyria Chronicles because VC revolves around modern industrial warfare which is closer to this game aims for.
Speaking of Total War, we may have talked about the games and the eras that they would cover before, but I'm curios about how the large scale strategic battles the series is known for and the campaign would play out in eras with massive wars like the Crusades, the Thritenteh Century Crisis, Commonwealth Wars and the Nikephorian Wars. I guess it'd largely depend on styles of warfare waged by armies of the time and the tactics each faction would use to conter each other, like bonsus the Mexica infantry would have against Calvary or the morale and cohesion of Commonwealth units.
I haven't played the Total War games but I agree it would have to depend on the military doctrines and tactics of the time. Al-Mustansir and Hassan would take advantage of their troops' familiarity with their native desert/arid terrain to get an advantage over Friedrich the Great, who with Friedrich von Sigmaringen and Werner von Habsburg have to counter it with their leadership. The Mexica are intimidated by Roman cavalry but make up for it with an almost fanatical zeal which is a massive morale boost. The Lithuanians have absurd discipline bonuses which balance out the Roman numbers.

Reactions:
The Truth is Out There, Part 7

“To that end, we're announcing today a series of steps the Bureau of Defense will take to shift our focus and our resources from bureaucracy to battlefield, from tail to tooth. Today's announcements are only the first of many. We will launch others ourselves, and we will ask the Diet for legislative help as well. We have, for example, asked the Diet for permission to begin the process of closing excess bases and consolidating the bomber force. But we have the ability—and, therefore, the responsibility—to reduce waste and improve operational efficiency on our own. Already we have made some progress. We've eliminated some 31 of the 72 acquisition-related advisory boards. We now budget based on realistic estimates. We're improving the acquisition process. We're investing 400 million marks in public-private partnerships for military housing. Many utility services to military installations will be privatized. We're tightening the requirements for other government agencies to reimburse us for detailees, and we're reviewing to see whether we should suspend assignments where detailees are not fully reimbursed. We have committed 100 million marks for financial modernization, and we're establishing a Defense Business Board to tap outside expertise as we move to improve the bureau's business practices. We can be proud of this progress but certainly not satisfied.”

-Rudolf Scharping

Ecouves Forest - 4:00 PM

Angela, Anders, Olga, and Nick hurried through the woods. Angela occasionally checked behind her to see if they were being followed. The wood remained quiet, the only sound coming from their footsteps crunching over the autumn leaves and broken branches. Nick’s emotions rattled through her mind like a tornado, a relentless whirlwind of fear, panic, hope, and adrenaline.

“Shouldn’t be that much further,” Anders said.

Olga held up her hand. “Wait.”

As soon as they stopped, several black-clad RSB super soldiers appeared from behind the trees in front and quickly surrounded them, guns aimed at their heads. Angela pushed Nick behind her and aimed back at the super soldiers.

“Stay back!” she said.

Nick concentrated hard, placing his quivering hands to his head. Angela’s mind slightly cleared up while his emotions were redirected at the super soldiers. The super soldiers slowly put down their guns and backed away. Angela saw Nick’s eyes were closed and his brow furrowed. His entire body trembled. Blood began dripping from his nose.

“I can’t…hold them off forever!” he said.

A nearby fireball broke his concentration, and Nick shouted in pain. The super soldiers surrounded them again. Angela saw two women approaching. One was Ruby Moreau, Darlene's daughter from Perpignan. The other was her old friend Sarah Wolff.

“Ruby?” Angela said. “Sarah?”

“Angela Hansen,” Ruby said, “Step away from Nick Larsen. Now.”

“Not in a million years,” Anders said.

He pointed his gun at Ruby, but Sarah hurled another fireball at his feet, and he jumped back.

“Sarah, stop!” Angela said. “We’re your friends!”

Sarah didn’t say anything. She blankly stared ahead.

“She can’t hear you,” Ruby said, “We made sure of that.”

“This isn’t you either, Ruby,” Angela said, “They did the same to you.”

“On the contrary, I haven’t changed a bit,” Ruby said, “I am still me.”

“This is not natural,” Anders said, “You’re being controlled by Sentinel.”

“You don’t know what feels natural,” Ruby said, “I feel alive. More than alive.”

“Believe me, I know,” Olga said, “When I was the Firebird, I felt invincible. I felt like I could survive anything I was unstoppable. But I was controlled. I was Valentin’s tool. I didn’t see it. You and me, we’re very alike. You’re still under Sentinel’s control. But you can still break free, like I did.”

“You of all people shouldn’t be drawing comparisons,” Ruby said, “But enough of this. I will give you one more chance to hand over Nick Larsen.”

“We’d rather die,” Angela said, “We’re not letting our friend go.”

“Agent Wolff, kill them,” Ruby ordered.

Sarah did nothing. She quietly stood there, locking eyes with Nick. Nick focused on her. More blood leaked from his nose.

“Please, Sarah,” Nick pleaded, “Come back to us.”

A tear leaked from Sarah’s eye. She started trembling. Her fists slowly raised again, her arms shaking frantically as she tried to keep them down. Fireballs ignited in her hands, burning a hotter blue. She slowly turned around. Ruby pointed her gun at Sarah. The heat permeated the air, warming Angela from far away. Angela remembered the last time her flames had been that hot. The other side’s Louise didn’t like that.

"What are you doing?" she demanded.

"I...will...not...comply!" Sarah gritted.

She slowly pointed at Ruby and concentrated. The fireballs grew larger and began burning a lighter blue. Ruby tried pulling the trigger, but she couldn't. Instead, she dropped her gun. She saw Nick also focusing on her as well. The strain of focusing on both Sarah and Ruby caused him to tremble and shake. More blood dripped from his nose, mouth, and ears. But he continued.

"What is going on?" she said.

"I'm unlocking the parts of your mind they shut away," Nick said, "I'm giving back what they took from you. Your humanity."

Ruby clutched her head in pain and groaned. Sarah felt the same pain, blood seeping out of her nose and mouth, but she also pushed on.

“What have you done?!” Ruby said.

"Go!" Nick said. "I'll handle them!"

Angela, Anders, and Olga slowly backed away. Ruby tried to pursue them, but she remained frozen in place, as were the other super soldiers around them.

"We can't get to the road," Angela said, "We'll have to go back."

"But they're probably waiting for us there," Olga said.

"It's a chance we'll have to take," Anders said.

However, Billy and two more super soldiers stopped them before they could get far.

“I heard the commotion,” Billy said, “Going somewhere?”

"Goddamnit," Olga said, “You and your stupid one-liners. You’re almost like Pavel.”

“I can’t help it sometimes,” Billy blurted out.

He shook his head and regained his composure.

“You’re not leaving this forest alive,” Billy said.

“I stand corrected,” Olga said.

“But it’s true,” Billy said, “Agents, shoot them. Now.”

The super soldiers prepared to fire. Suddenly, Nick collapsed, even more blood gushing from his nose, mouth, and ears. He let out a cry of anguish which resonated with everyone in the area. Angela was suddenly overwhelmed with Nick's emotions, feeling all of his anguish and pain for a brief second before the connection abruptly cut off. The super soldiers felt the same thing. They clutched their heads and collapsed, writhing in pain. Sarah's expression went from shock and horror to anger and determination. The flames in her hands turned pure white. She fired a stream of white-hot flames at Ruby first, hitting her square in the chest. The blast dissipated before it could seriously burn Ruby, but the concussive force and the intense heat sent Ruby sprawling. She staggered back before falling and losing consciousness. Billy, however, resisted Nick's final empathic suggestion. He grimaced and leaned against a tree to balance himself. Drawing on his remaining willpower to overcome Nick's effort, he shot Sarah just as she launched another blast at him. Billy’s bullet struck her in the chest, while Sarah’s fireball hit him head-on and dissipated, throwing him on the ground. Sarah looked down and saw her shirt was covered in blood. She staggered over to Nick and collapsed next to him, taking his hand with her last bit of strength.

“I think I’m staying here,” she said, breathing her last, “We’re not leaving each other again.”

Nick and Sarah's sacrifice cleared up a path for Angela, Anders, and Olga to escape the forest. Olga looked back to check if they were being pursued, but the super soldiers were all incapacitated. She noticed Billy putting away a phone with three green lights flashing, no doubt calling for reinforcements or something. She looked ahead and followed the others out.

Darlene Moreau’s house, Perpignan - November 15, 2015, 9:32 AM

“…unexpected move, former chancellor Gerhard Schröder has agreed to a plea deal…”

“…in exchange for testifying against…”

“…admits advance knowledge of the November 9 attacks…”

“…blackmail and threats to force him to let the attacks happen…”

“…of expanding the RSB and security apparatus and passing the Imperial Patriot Act…”

“…footage of Elisabeth Alexandra’s death and the Kaiser’s reaction to it…”

“…surveillance of the Kaiser’s office…”

“…Rees-Mogg, one of the Crown Princess’s bodyguards, identified as a Sentinel operative…”

“…Rees-Mogg is believed to have fled his residence…”

“…of the most popular conspiracies of the last decade have been proved true…”

“…of the entire SPR party leadership…”

“…unclear who will now lead the SPR…”

“…Throne has finally issued a statement acknowledging…”

“…blackmailed and threatened the Kaiser himself…”

“…still considering criminal charges against Humboldt and Novak for leaking the classified information critical to national security…”

Angela impatiently paced around the living room, while the others sat on couches. Annie was in the backyard, thinking to herself, just like she did the last time she was here. Anna and Walter were still in Mainz. Thoughts raced through her head as she tried to figure out what to do next. But she didn’t know what to do.

“Goddamnit!” she finally said. “I could’ve saved them! I could’ve saved Nick and Sarah! If only I reacted faster and took out Billy and Ruby!”

“Angie, it’s not your fault,” Anders said, “We all did what we could. They did what they could.”

“It always seems like Pavel’s one step ahead of us,” Angela said, “He attacked Die Zeiten, and Olga barely got there in time. At Vienna, he was only minutes behind us. Same goes for Penglai and Annie. He killed Irene days after we met her. And at Alençon, he killed Nick and Sarah.”

“At least they went down swinging,” Olga said, “I saw the look on Sarah’s face. She looked free. Like I was a long time ago.”

“But what do we do next?” Angela said. “That was our last lead. We have no idea what Pavel’s going to do next. Or how to stop him.”

She sat down and sighed.

“Everybody I know dies eventually,” she said, “Colonel Glienke, Grandpa, Uncle Conrad, Elisabeth Alexandra, Melissa, Demetrios, Louise…now Nick and Sarah. They always have to die after they meet me. It’s been like this since Vienna.”

“You’re forgetting something, Angie,” Anders said.

“What’s that?” Angela said.

“We’re not dead yet,” Diana said, “We’re still here.”

“We’re not dying,” Olga said, “Not until we finish the job.”

“We’re here for you,” Anders said, “Not everybody dies. Especially us. We’re here for you.”

Angela looked up and smiled. “Thanks, guys. It means a lot.”

“Alright, let’s plan our next move,” Anders said, “We will stop Pavel. I know we will.”

As Angela and Anders worked on a plan, Diana looked at Olga.

“Can I talk to you for a moment?” she said.

They headed into the hallway.

Nicomedia High Containment Facility

Heidelberg checked the console one more time. He looked at Pavel, who had his arms crossed.

“Sir, I am positive the maintenance is over,” he said.

“100%?” Pavel said.

“Yes,” Heidelberg said, “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go testify at…”

“As I said before, don’t worry about it,” Pavel said, “I’ve taken care of it. What matters is that this system is online.”

“It is,” Heidelberg said, “But what is the target now?”

“You’ll see,” Pavel said.

He sat at the console and flipped the red switch, booting up the system. It was quite ingenious, how he got access to SVI. The old Syndicate had to rely on plants within the General Staff to use SVI. Because of this, they couldn’t just use SVI whenever they wanted, even though it was part of their original plan. Pavel didn’t bother going through the General Staff. He had his technicians exploit an old backdoor to transfer admin access to him. The same backdoor he caught Irene trying to exploit during the maintenance. He focused again and moved the crosshairs over KL Ramstein, the Reich’s largest airbase.

“Time to show them who’s in control,” Pavel said, pushing the button.

After several seconds of realignment, the satellites fired on Ramstein several times, leveling the base and everyone inside within a minute. He expected news to spread within the next five minutes and the panic to set in after ten.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Nick and Sarah got to die as themselves, and that's what matters.

Poor Nick and Sarah, pretty sad fates for them. At least they went down fighting. At this rate, I expect Ruby and Billy won't be too lucky either, but I still hold out hope for the X-Divsion crew to free them before anything happens to them at least.
Maybe the final movie would have a descendant of Beathan participating in Sunrise Invasion, only he is now a noble and very much not in the same position as his ancestor was in. Perhaps he could fill in the role of Hakam to Kaiserin Victoria and to a new common-born leader.

I really like the idea of Ocuil Acatl as a complex and nuanced antagonist. He generally believes his cause is just and is unable to break away from his family legacy, setting him on a collision course with our trio of protagonists. Although the final showdown might be a little underwhelming since he does survive all of those battles and dies of old age.
Great idea for the Sunrise Invasion movie. I know that Beathan and his descendant would probably be played by different actors, but I think it would be a little funny if we had Mel Gibson still play his descandant even tho they're different characters.:p

I guess we could go with the Wonder Woman approach to creative liberates with history and anachronistically kill him off in the final battle of the film, but I think having die in humiliation and disgrace in his old age would fit with the more nuanced view of Acatl here.

I also have an idea for another historical film as well, this time a Monty Python comedy film set during the Pagan Resurgence and the Battle of Stamford Bridge that would serve as TTL's stand in for the Holy Grail. This is basically my way of making those Monty Python references from CK2 and Vicky 2 canon, long with making both titles you've used for Monty Python (Montgomery Cobra's Airborne Extravaganza and Mark Boa's Flying Circus) canon like we did with Battlestar Galaticia's alternate titles from earlier updates (Doctor Who, the 1970s summary and the EU4 Orgins of Modernity update for Chinese history). Granted, I'm not sure what the Norse would think of this film since you've said they take their religion pretty seriously (through I assume they are pretty relaxed about pop culture depictions of Norse mythology in Babelsburg movies and Superhero comics), but I think it would be an funny movie regardless.
It could always be both though. Gunhilda is both a peasant and a woman, and the early Reich, for all of Friedrich the Great's talk of fairness and tolerance, was still very patriarchal and noble dominated. She'd have to fight against all that, even with Friedrich the Glorious' support and her religious significance.
That reminds me, remember how you got around the French symbols and stuff in the Joan of Arc pictures you used for Gunhilda in Ck2 by saying they were made by French revisionists trying to associate Gunhilda with their culture despite her being Polish? Perhaps we could explain that with the French minority along with Roman Norse, Poles and the people of Schweinfurt administered Italy and Carthage having great respect for her due to her treating minority soldiers in her Legions well and even sticking up for some minority veterans during Saint Wihelmina's assimilation and deporation programs, causing a rift between Gunhilda and Saint Wilhelmina that would be mended towards the end of Saint Gunhilda's life.
First we'd have to talk about the situation of the late Meskwaki empire in the 1920s to explain the situation of its successor states. Dohumme was never the charismatic leader and standard bearer Pierremaskin was, and she barely held the empire together thanks to a cabinet whose loyalty was more out of reverence to Pierremaskin and his family. That reverence snaps when the Meskwaki end the war with heavy casualties and not much gained in the end. Dohumme is seen as a failure who only looks out for her ethnic group. People begin to question why it's called the MESKWAKI Empire. The other ethnic groups like the Lakota, Miami, Shawnee, and others begin asking for concessions and greater representation. Dohumme tries to decentralize some areas, which increases their power and autonomy from Michigan, and centralize other areas, provoking unrest. Equalist cells, encouraged by the successful revolution on the other side of the Great Lakes, stage a coup in Michigan City and overthrow the weakened Dohumme. With the last link to Pierremaskin severed by the equalist bogeyman, the other ethnic groups have the excuse they need to outright declare independence. They quickly form their own identities in opposition to the new equalist regime and resist fiercely when the Michigan Commune/Eimerican Commune begins a war of reunification. The early wars are difficult, as Soviet weapons and training can only go so far, but the other splinter states are just as weak as the Michigan Commune. Eventually, the Commune's forces grow more powerful as they reclaim the old empire's industry and farmland, and they only stop when the CSA and Pueblo/MFS are placed under the protection of the main powers. The Commune remains deeply unpopular for the next 60 years outside Michigan for its attempts at denationalization (because the end goal of the Eimerican Commune was to establish a post-national Eimerican equalist society), assimilation, and collectivization. But with Soviet aid it suppresses all serious attempts at resistance. The EC would rather follow its own interpretation of Marxism based on a fusion of native egalitarian traditions and a weird interpretation of Pierremaskin's anti-Old World pan-nationalism, but they need the Soviet aid so they slowly adopt a more European Marxist ideology. When the Soviet aid dries up after 1986, the Eimerican Commune explodes within a couple years.

The CSA is even worse since it swung from a very hard right (if not far right) regime to a far left regime in the span of a couple years due to foreign occupation. Although it attempts to avoid the problems of the Meskwaki Empire by calling itself a confederation of southern altepetls instead of a Meskwaki confederation, the fact remains it is still dominated by Nahua and Meskwaki in Itzcotocatl Yaquica and Dohumme. The war initially went well for the CSA due to the relative military weakness of both PARA and the EC and the heavy militarization of the CSA in preparation to liberate Yaquica's and Dohumme's homelands, but the USR (later UTR) launched a surprise invasion of the southeast which catches it off guard and collapses the front lines, putting the country under occupation from PARA, the EC, and the USR. At this point it is clear the CSA is defeated, so its ethnic groups also begin splitting off. The Nahua in Tejas want to join PARA (not because they ideologically support it but they would rather side with their victorious fellow Nahua) but are kept in the CSSA to prevent PARA from becoming too powerful and to keep the CSSA divided and weak so it can't threaten the EC and PARA again. The same goes for the UTR occupying the eastern altepetls, which wanted to split off into their own states but now find themselves ruled by a Norse-dominated regime. The EC keeps the Meskwaki in power in the CSSA, believing a fellow Meskwaki-led regime would be friendlier and easier to control especially in its weakened and fragile state. Witko is installed to keep the ethnic groups in line, but in reality the EC expects them to continue feuding within the new CSSA, keeping the regime weak and easy to control by the "advanced" equalist powers. As with the EC, Witko wants to ideologically and politically distance himself and the CSSA from the Warsaw Pact, which he sees as having carved up the nation to keep it under their control, but he can't do much because he needs the Soviet aid to prop up his regime. After the Soviet collapse, Witko's death, and the humiliation of Mobile reminding people of the USR's east coast invasion, the aid dries up and the CSSA explodes.

Cuba is weird. It originated from an equalist rebellion in Mayapan over an increasingly autocratic government and a worsening labor situation as well as persecution of Nahua. This earned it massive support from the lower classes and the Nahua population. When the war broke out, the Yucatec Republic was established in both Yucatan and Cuba with PARA, EC, USR, and Vinlandic support. The original goal was to keep Yucatec intact as a Caribbean republic led by Nahua workers, but following the war it was split into two. Yucatan was given to PARA against its inhabitants' will (starting the first wave of insurgencies there), while the rest of Yucatec was turned into Cuba since the original name no longer applies. PARA wanted to annex Cuba as well, but its request was denied as with Tejas. From the very beginning it was very clear Cuba was a joint PARA/UTR puppet propped up with Soviet weapons. Contrary to the CSSA and EC being very multiethnic, Cuba is more ethnically homogenous but still split between Mayans and Nahua. Although the Nahua are the largest group and supported by PARA, the UTR and EC installed a Mayan-led regime (led by Balaam) to intentionally weaken Cuba and stir up resentment between the Nahua and Mayans, keeping them divided and weak. This angered PARA. It had taken Tejas in the war but was forced to give it back, and now it was denied another opportunity at reclaiming Nahua-majority territories formerly part of the Triple Alliance. This causes massive resentment which ultimately leads to PARA's collapse. As for Cuba, the intentionally created resentment between Mayans and Nahua boils over and eventually leads to Kestrel (part Mayan but embraced the Nahua) taking over, promising equality between both groups under a better Mayapan administration (although reunification was delayed by Mayapan's civil war).

The Paulluists saw each other as allies against hostile foreign powers. Paullu fancied himself as the leader of a fourth political bloc in the cold war, one which rejected the ideologies and leadership of the other three and forged their own paths. Witko attempted to fully break with the Warsaw Pact by joining the Paulluist movement more out of wanting independence from the Soviets and EC than ideological agreement, but he eventually had to go back when he realized the Paulluists were barely a bloc and could not replace the massive Soviet aid that was propping up his regime. They certainly agreed on some issues, the most important of which was Pierremaskin's pan-Eimericanism, though interpreted in different ways.
Great breakdown of the CSA and Eimerican Commune, through I'm also curios about the UTR/USR as well since you didn't go over them in this post. I know there was a short lived equalist Union of Mittleimerica that collapsed in the Mitteleimerica War, but I actually kinda see a lot of similarities between the UTR and UPM in some regards, namely being an artificial country formed as a compromise between the Union of Vinland and Commune of Michagan with no real identity of its own, a polarization between ethnic groups in its borders (Norse, Rhotinoshoni and others) and a reliance on a strong and advanced military to maintain its sovereignty and exert power beyond its borders, like the USR's successful naval invasions against the CSA, Mayapan and the UPM during WW2.

I wonder what the Kanatan Corpate Republic was like and what the political legacy of both it and the Union of Vinland would be? I can see the Union of Vinland using both the Corpate Republic and the Kanatan monarchy after WW1 as a boggeymen of the worst excess of Capitalism's exploration of the working class, even as UOV itself continued to suppress the labor movement of the Old Vinland region along with native Eimerican populations most likely.

I must say that I'm excited to see what's happening in the Eimericas in the next gameplay chapter, especially since its name implies it would be a big focus of the chapter, not to mention the juicy bits of foreshadowing you've put into recent updates so far. I can tell the next few updates will be good indeed.:D
Yes, that was what I was trying to say. By playing as a specific general instead of the state as a whole, you can play as any military faction, like one of the Jagdrufs or Goering's militias, a portion of the main Maximist army directly under a general's command, or a part of the Siegfriedist army. I don't think playing as one of the other countries is a good idea since they remained mostly neutral in the war aside from seizing some territory, which would mean you would either be really bored playing as them or go back to controlling the regime itself EU4-style, which would go against the gameplay style. Although those countries could send expeditionary forces like Persia did for the Siegfriedists, but that would be boring and very difficult unless it happens at the start of the game. Ideally there would also be a focus on diplomacy and personal interactions since you're still playing as a person. Depending on your character's stats you have different options in both battle and diplomacy. Someone like Wolfgang Ludendorff would have very good traits and stats for winning battles, while other generals might focus more on diplomacy which would be useful against the Lithuanians or Scandinavians and to secure Persian aid.
Those are great ideas for a character driven Maximist Wars game, though I wonder how you'd simulate the Maximist converting of certain generals like Ludendorf and De Bauchemont and the Siegdridists hunt to capture them and break their brainwashing? Maybe their could be missions to recruit defeated units after a battle or capture a certain general instead of killing him, whether it would be in an actual battlefield or more covert means would be up to the player. I imagine their would be an emphasis industrial infrastructure like railroads to supply and transport units, as well as the option to wage scorched earth tactics similar to the March to the Sea.
By small scale tactical engagements I'm thinking more like Total War, but a turn-based system like Fire Emblem or XCOM could work as well. Maybe closer to Valkyria Chronicles because VC revolves around modern industrial warfare which is closer to this game aims for.
We could also go with a Mount and Blade system as well, where the player would play as the general himself during the battle but can order troops around the battlefield, then again I doubt there were many generals in the Maximist Wars that were actually involved in combat and fighiting in battles they were in, not without massive risk to their own safety that is, so the turn based or real time tactical perspectives you suggested could work as well.

Since you mentioned Fire Emblem, what spin offs do you have in mind for them? I think there were a couple of canceled titiles for the N64 and Wii respectively, with the Wii game in particular planned to move away from traditional turn based combat towards an rts system. That might be an interesting idea for a spin off, but I'll be waiting to see what ideas you have for Fire Emblem coming up.

Last edited:
Nick and Sarah got to die as themselves, and that's what matters.
And finally together again, after all they've gone through.
Poor Nick and Sarah, pretty sad fates for them. At least they went down fighting. At this rate, I expect Ruby and Billy won't be too lucky either, but I still hold out hope for the X-Divsion crew to free them before anything happens to them at least.
Here's to hoping...
Great idea for the Sunrise Invasion movie. I know that Beathan and his descendant would probably be played by different actors, but I think it would be a little funny if we had Mel Gibson still play his descandant even tho they're different characters.:p
That would be cool. Or maybe Mel Gibson cameos as the original Beathan appearing as a force ghost or something.
I guess we could go with the Wonder Woman approach to creative liberates with history and anachronistically kill him off in the final battle of the film, but I think having die in humiliation and disgrace in his old age would fit with the more nuanced view of Acatl here.
I'd rather have Ocuil Acatl dying having realized what he was doing and how much he was a puppet of powers beyond his control. Although obviously he isn't aware of the Worm and nobody is, it would be quite obvious from his writings in his later years that he regrets how the invasion happened. But since it happened, he and his family might as well use it to increase their power in the empire.
I also have an idea for another historical film as well, this time a Monty Python comedy film set during the Pagan Resurgence and the Battle of Stamford Bridge that would serve as TTL's stand in for the Holy Grail. This is basically my way of making those Monty Python references from CK2 and Vicky 2 canon, long with making both titles you've used for Monty Python (Montgomery Cobra's Airborne Extravaganza and Mark Boa's Flying Circus) canon like we did with Battlestar Galaticia's alternate titles from earlier updates (Doctor Who, the 1970s summary and the EU4 Orgins of Modernity update for Chinese history). Granted, I'm not sure what the Norse would think of this film since you've said they take their religion pretty seriously (through I assume they are pretty relaxed about pop culture depictions of Norse mythology in Babelsburg movies and Superhero comics), but I think it would be an funny movie regardless.
Would be fun, but how exactly are you going to explain the two names?
That reminds me, remember how you got around the French symbols and stuff in the Joan of Arc pictures you used for Gunhilda in Ck2 by saying they were made by French revisionists trying to associate Gunhilda with their culture despite her being Polish? Perhaps we could explain that with the French minority along with Roman Norse, Poles and the people of Schweinfurt administered Italy and Carthage having great respect for her due to her treating minority soldiers in her Legions well and even sticking up for some minority veterans during Saint Wihelmina's assimilation and deporation programs, causing a rift between Gunhilda and Saint Wilhelmina that would be mended towards the end of Saint Gunhilda's life.
I will also explain away the minarets I used for that picture of Hagia Sophia during Saint Wilhelmina's coronation. Since I stated that picture was taken in the modern day, that means it took place after 11/9 and the original's severe damaging in that attack. Afterward, it was rebuilt with Islamic and Jewish inspirations to symbolize the coming together of all three faiths in the Reich. The Temple of Jerusalem has a similar deal, although those influences were there from the beginning.

That sounds like a great idea for fleshing out Saint Gunhilda's character. It would also show the flaws and disagreements between the two saints so they aren't both perfect people.
Great breakdown of the CSA and Eimerican Commune, through I'm also curios about the UTR/USR as well since you didn't go over them in this post. I know there was a short lived equalist Union of Mittleimerica that collapsed in the Mitteleimerica War, but I actually kinda imagine the UTR as being similar to the UPM in a lot of ways, namely being an artificial country formed as a compromise between the Union of Vinland and Commune of Michagan with no real identity of its own, a polarization between ethnic groups in its borders (Norse, Rhotinoshoni and others) and a reliance on a strong and advanced military to maintain its sovereignty and exert power beyond its borders, like the USR's successful naval invasions against the CSA, Mayapan and the UPM during WW2.
I wonder what the Kanatan Corpate Republic was like and what the political legacy of both it and the Union of Vinland would be? I can see the Union of Vinland using both the Corpate Republic and the Kanatan monarchy after WW1 as a boggeymen of the worst excess of Capitalism's exploration of the working class, even as UOV itself continued to suppress the labor movement of the Old Vinland region along with native Eimerican populations most likely.
The Union of Vinland definitely considers the Corporate Republic a bogeyman for the extremes of capitalism. I mean, it's literally a company running a country. The kingdom itself doesn't care much for the Corporate Republic other than considering it a weird and brief chapter in Kanata's history. The Union, having overthrown the kingdom and been locked in an arms struggle against its remnants in Norway for decades, also considers it a bogeyman but more of a Roman and foreign puppet than capitalist degeneracy. And yes, the Union did suppress labor movements it didn't like, just like how the Soviets suppressed different left wing ideologies and labor movements in real life (and China still does today).
I must say that I'm excited to see what's happening in the Eimericas in the next gameplay chapter, especially since its name implies it would be a big focus of the chapter, not to mention the juicy bits of foreshadowing you've put into recent updates so far. I can tell the next few updates will be good indeed.
There will also be something else happening in North Eimerica I haven't even been foreshadowing that will be even more important in the future, so be on the lookout for that when I post the chapter.
Those are great ideas for a character driven Maximist Wars game, though I wonder how you'd simulate the Maximist converting of certain generals like Ludendorf and De Bauchemont and the Siegdridists hunt to capture them and break their brainwashing? Maybe their could be missions to recruit defeated units after a battle or capture a certain general instead of killing him, whether it would be in an actual battlefield or more covert means would be up to the player. I imagine their would be an emphasis industrial infrastructure like railroads to supply and transport units, as well as the option to wage scorched earth tactics similar to the March to the Sea.
I'm guessing there'd be an espionage mechanic where you can recruit or capture defeated commanders, either by force or persuasion. Espionage can also be used to sabotage infrastructure or get military aid from outside countries. There'd also be a focus on building (and destroying) infrastructure.
We could also go with a Mount and Blade system as well, where the player would play as the general himself during the battle but can order troops around the battlefield, then again I doubt there were many generals in the Maximist Wars that were actually involved in combat and fighiting in battles they were in, not without massive risk to their own safety that is, so the turn based or real time tactical perspectives you suggested could work as well.
Sounds good to me.
Since you mentioned Fire Emblem, what spin offs do you have in mind for them? I think there were a couple of canceled titiles for the N64 and Wii respectively, with the Wii game in particular planned to move away from traditional turn based combat towards an rts system. That might be an interesting idea for a spin off, but I'll be waiting to see what ideas you have for Fire Emblem coming up.
Unfortunately, the second Wii game was also canned here due to first Wii game's underperformance (the latest in a string of financial failures). As for the N64 game, not much is known of it other than one screenshot, the name, and two character details. But those two characters made it into the first two GBA games (as in real life), and I had another character directly take the N64 game name as a nickname.

I've focused on two main spinoffs. Since Tokyo Mirage Sessions (a Shin Megami Tensei/Fire Emblem crossover) was originally based on a Pokemon/Fire Emblem crossover idea before that was scrapped in favor of Pokemon Conquest, here I had that original idea remain. TMS no longer exists, but Pokemon Conquest is now a Pokemon/Fire Emblem crossover. It is a Fire Emblem-style tactical RPG that is a prequel to Pokemon XYZ. I actually mentioned it in the Pokemon Black and White summary a while ago but didn't think I would actually write about it. I've justified it as saying that due to story ties to BW, it is also considered a Generation 5 spinoff in addition to Generation 6. To build its cast I cut out a bunch of characters that were not well received in the 12th Fire Emblem game (here I combined it with the 11th) as well as adding a few Pokemon characters. At the end I mention how Pokemon Conquest spawned its own franchise, where some games are crossovers between Pokemon and other franchises, with the Valkyria Chronicles crossovers (based on Lt. Surge's war) spawning their own sub-franchise. Depending on if I play those games, I may write summaries in the future but not anytime soon. The other spinoff is Fire Emblem Warriors, which as in real life is a crossover with Dynasty Warriors. But I tore out the entire plot and replaced it with characters from almost every Fire Emblem game instead of just the first game, Awakening, and Fates. I really didn't focus too much on that one's plot since Warriors has a really basic plot already. I also talked briefly about the Fire Emblem characters added to Super Smash Bros over the years. I deleted the mobile game Heroes but made the TCG way more successful (instead of ending this year in real life, RIP). At the end of the Three Houses summary I mention a Fire Emblem Warriors sequel that takes after Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity in being a canon prequel to Three Houses.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Man to see Nick and Sarah dying, that sucks, but at least they were finally together amidst the madness of it all. So Pavel just destroyed a major Reich base huh? That really doesn't bode well, especially all the mentions of a crisis in Eimerica. The X-Division Crew is running out of time, especially since Pavel now has a weapon of mass destruction in his cards.

Regarding Saint Gunhilda's further characterizations, I like it, makes her more fleshed out, especially her relationship with Saint Willhelmina in her later years. I'd say she's an unofficial patron saint for the minorities in the Reich, the French and the Polish being one of them. Speaking of which, I'm almost done summarizing the Monsterverse, though ETA on it being posted is gonna be a while since I'm still brainstorming. With that said, I'm looking to try and have my take on what the Fate Series (And the Nasuverse as whole) will look like here considering all the magic stuff going on in that series, it's a rather messy and confusing series though so don't expect an entry (yet).

Man to see Nick and Sarah dying, that sucks, but at least they were finally together amidst the madness of it all. So Pavel just destroyed a major Reich base huh? That really doesn't bode well, especially all the mentions of a crisis in Eimerica. The X-Division Crew is running out of time, especially since Pavel now has a weapon of mass destruction in his cards.
Only a matter of time before Pavel uses it again...
Regarding Saint Gunhilda's further characterizations, I like it, makes her more fleshed out, especially her relationship with Saint Willhelmina in her later years. I'd say she's an unofficial patron saint for the minorities in the Reich, the French and the Polish being one of them. Speaking of which, I'm almost done summarizing the Monsterverse, though ETA on it being posted is gonna be a while since I'm still brainstorming. With that said, I'm looking to try and have my take on what the Fate Series (And the Nasuverse as whole) will look like here considering all the magic stuff going on in that series, it's a rather messy and confusing series though so don't expect an entry (yet).
Sounds like a good idea. I might bring that up if I ever go back to Saint Gunhilda's story in the future.

Don't worry. Take your time. I myself am quite busy these days, and after finishing the last of the Fire Emblem summaries just yesterday I think I'll take a short break from writing new updates. I'll still post the ones already finished.

The Truth is Out There, Part 8

“To succeed, this effort demands personal and sustained attention at the highest levels of the bureau. Therefore, it will be guided by…are experienced, talented, and determined. I am delighted they are on our team. I would not want to try to stop them from what they came into this bureau to do. I expect them to be enormously successful, as they have in their other endeavors throughout their lives. Because the bureau must respond quickly to changing threats, we're overhauling the 40-year-old Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System, the annual process of forecasting threats for the next several years, matching threats to programs and programs to budgets. It's a relic of the Cold War, a holdover from the days when it was possible to forecast threats for the next several years because we knew who would be threatening us for the next several decades. It's also a relic of the Cold War in another regard. It is, I suppose, one of the last vestiges of central planning on Earth. We've combined the programming and budgeting phases to reduce duplicative work and speed decision-making. The streamlined process that should result will be quicker and cheaper and more flexible. In order to make decisions more quickly, we must slash duplication and encourage cooperation. Currently the agencies overseeing the Heer, the Luftwaffe, and the Marine operate separate but parallel staffs for their civilian and uniformed chiefs. These staffs largely work the same issues and perform the same functions. The relevant ministers will soon announce plans for realigning the bureaus to support information sharing, speed decision-making, integrate Reserve and Guard headquarters into Bureau headquarters. It's time to start asking tough questions about redundant staffs. Let me give you an example. There are dozens of offices of general counsel scattered throughout the Bureau. Each service has one. Every agency does, too. So does the General Staff. We have so many general counsel offices that we actually have another general counsel's office whose only job is to coordinate all those general counsels. [laughter] You think I'm kidding.”

-Rudolf Scharping

Tesla Dynamic, Frankfurt - October 2001

"What is wrong with you?" Rita Frank said on her phone as she walked down a hallway. "I told you it was a bad idea to invest in Mexico, but no, you had to listen to the shady Mayan guy. I swear, one of these days the whole place is going to explode and I'm going to have to pay for everything there..."

A door ahead of her opened, and Anne walked up. Rita immediately stopped.

“I’m going to have to call you back,” she said, hanging up.

She walked over to Anne. “What are you doing here?”

“I just wanted to talk to you,” Anne said.

“Can’t you see I’m busy?” Rita said.

“Look, I’m sorry,” Anne said, “I’m sorry for just appearing out of the blue like this. I know we’re not on good terms. But I really just want to talk.”

Rita sighed. “Alright, little sis. What is it?”

“I’d like to apologize,” Anne said, “For everything.”

“Apologize?” Rita said.

“You heard me,” Anne said, “I’m sorry. I know I’ve been a terrible little sister. I know we’ve had our share of disagreements. I’m here to wipe the slate clean.”

“You’ve got people after you, don’t you?” Rita said.

“Don’t I always?” Anne said.

“You never did this before,” Rita said, “What’s going on?”

“I may have looked where I wasn’t supposed to,” Anne said, “Made a few more enemies than I should’ve made.”

“Come on, sis, you’ve taken down Valentin,” Rita said, “You’ve taken down Hoffman. This is nothing compared to them.”

“Oh, I’m afraid this is on a whole new level,” Anne said, “These aren’t my usual enemies.”

“So what are you going to do?” Rita said.

“I’m going to take them down,” Anne said.

Rita knew what she was getting at.

“You might not make it out,” she said.

“We’ll know for sure in a few weeks,” Anne said, “I just wanted to tell you before I set off. Because this might just possibly be the last time you see me.”

“Anne, what’s going on here?” Rita said. “What’s got you so worried?”

“These people don’t mess around,” Anne said, “They’re not scared of me, like Valentin was. I don’t think they’re scared of anything. They’re everywhere. It’s going to be a tough fight.”

She looked sadly to the floor.

“In case things don’t work out for me…” she said. “I just want you to know I love you.”

“Anne, don’t do this,” Rita said.

Anne hugged her and cried into her shoulder. “I just wanted to see my sister one last time. I know we have our disagreements, but we’re still family. No matter what happens to me.”

“Anne, what are you doing?” Rita said.

“What I always do,” Anne said, “Save the world. Or die trying.”

Unknown

“My name is Darlene Moreau,” Darlene said, “A single mother of two from Perpignan, a town in southern Gallia. My son Kurt serves in the army. My daughter Ruby was abducted by aliens for several days when she was a teenager. Fifteen years ago, Ruby was revealed to have been converted into a super soldier taking orders from Sentinel.”

“What did she do?” Anders said.

“I was hiding Annie Humboldt, Agent Humboldt’s sister, from Sentinel,” Darlene said, “They wanted to experiment on her. I trusted my daughter, so I asked her to help hide Annie. But she instead alerted Sentinel to Annie’s presence and pulled a gun on me.”

“What happened to her?” Anders said. “Was it related to her abduction?”

“Sentinel changed her,” Darlene said, “I don’t know what they did to her, but the woman pointing a gun at me in my own home was not the child I raised. All I asked was for my daughter to come back to me, return to who she was before all this happened.”

“And did you get your wish?” Anders said.

Constantinople - November 16, 2015, 2:00 PM

"...latest in a string of..."

"...well over half of Merkel's..."

"...unprecedented, but we've been saying this for a whole week..."

"...not an SVI malfunction..."

"...Novak believed to have..."

"...hundred believed to have died at..."

"...billion marks in damage done..."

“…Colbert, tonight’s guests are the Lone Gunmen…”

Angela pulled the Impala into a busy street. Anders listened to the radio, while Diana, Olga, and Annie sat in the back, all sleeping. Angela focused on the road ahead of her, keeping her thoughts off her mind. They had talked a lot back in Perpignan about their plan, but it was a terrible plan. There was no alternative. They’d have to go back to the office and figure it out from there.

“Why did you have to do that?” Anders said. “Back at Perpignan?”

“Do what?” Angela said.

“You know,” Anders said, “About Nick and Sarah and the others.”

“I just had to say it,” Angela said, “You know that.”

“Good thing Walter wasn’t there to see you,” Anders said.

Angela made a right turn and entered downtown, rolling to a stop at a red light.

“Not my proudest moment, I get it,” Angela said, “But I really don’t want Nick and Sarah to have died in vain.”

“They meant a lot to you, huh?” Anders said.

“I knew them when they were kids,” Angela said, “We all went through the same experiments, the same trauma. We came back together for a purpose, to stop Tesla and Jansen from destroying the universes. But I got them killed. If I focused more, Sarah wouldn’t have been hurt from crossing over. If I reacted faster, Nick wouldn’t have been shot on that bridge over there. He and Sarah wouldn’t have been experimented on by Walternate and turned into Jansen’s and then the Modells’ agents. They wouldn’t have ended up in the forest as Pavel’s minions. They’ve always been puppets since the bridge. It’s all my fault.”

The light turned green.

“You know, I’ve found it very hard to drive in cities again lately,” Angela said, “Reminds me too much of Vienna.”

“I thought you got over that years ago,” Anders said.

“I thought so too,” Angela said, “But it’s weird. I can’t stop thinking about it again. Everybody I’ve lost since then. There are too many.”

“Remember, Angie, the past is the past,” Anders said, “You have to move on. You did it before, you can do it again.”

“I want this to end,” Angela said, “All this death and suffering. I agreed to join X-Division if it meant moving past the trauma. But I exchanged one trauma for another. I’ve been in this field for far too long. I don’t want to lose anybody else. It’s time I moved on.”

“We’ll talk about it later,” Anders said, “For now, let’s just get back to the office and work it out from there.”

Olga stirred awake.

“The office?” she said.

“Yeah,” Angela said.

“I don’t think we should go there,” Olga said.

“What do you mean?” Anders said.

“We shouldn’t go to the office,” Olga said.

“And why not?” Angela said.

Olga pointed a gun at Angela.

“Because I said so,” she said, “Now drive to Nicomedia.”

"What?" Angela said.

"You heard me," Olga said, "We're going to Nicomedia."

Anders tried reaching for his gun, but Olga pistol-whipped him, knocking him out.

"You're lucky I have orders to bring you in alive," Olga said, "And don't count on Diana and Annie waking up. I spiked their water with sedatives."

"Billy," Angela said, "He activated your brainwashing in the forest."

"How astute," Olga said, "Now drive."

Left with no other choice, Angela turned back onto the freeway.

• 1Like
Reactions: