The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, at least more people are on Gertrude's trail now.

What was will be and what will be was. It seems that our protagonists now know that time is a circle.

Reactions:
What was will be and what will be was. It seems that our protagonists now know that time is a circle.
or that I've already written their fates out in advance:p

This is my next update. It covers the world from 1936 to the start of the war in 1939. I have also finished the fourth part of the story Götterdämmerung and have just started on this part so Hazza Hazza! :) Although that douse mean I still have 272 pages until I am caught up so there is that. I decided that I am going to post the updates for the Second World War and the parts between 1944 and 1946 and then I will stop on the History of China because I feel everyone is pretty much up to date on this part of Chinas history anyway.

Tensions Rising

In 1936 the world was a vastly different place. The Chinese Empire, made it through the Great War largely intact, has restored some semblance of its prewar global influence. The world is divided between four alliances, those being the Tianxia Alliance led by China.

The Comintern led by the Soviet Commune, the Axis led by the Indian Raj and an unofficial non-allied movement led by the Reich.

The Reich is still reeling from the Great Depression. But the Chinese Empire is stronger than ever. It is currently under the rule of Chancellor Wang Jingwei, a nationalist who promises to continue Chinese dominance over the Asia/Pacific region.

It had been just fifty years ago when China rose from a loose alliance of four dynasties to a global superpower equal to the Reich. The country follows a blend of Pan-Asianism that is the belief that Asia is for Asians and that anyone else should leave. And Sinocentrism is the belief that China is the center of the world and that all should serve it.

This is rapidly starting to be believed by both the commoners and the military. It is said by many that a war with China would be a repeat of the last war.

In January 1936 the world entered a crisis when Indian leader Gandhi took over the areas of Kashmir and Punjab. This was allowed to happen due to Wang Jingwei being distracted by the rise of the Fuxingyundong in popularity along with economic problems at home.

The Indian forces entered Kashmir on 1 January 1936. As the invasion happened Gandhi had the Iranian ambassador, the Chinese ambassador, and the Roman ambassador come to Delhi to state that since the Chinese violated the Treaty of Samarkand by signing the Sino-Soviet pact.

India decided to withdraw from the Treaty of Samarkand and enter Punjab.

There was debate in the Indian government on whether or not Chinese forces were massing on the Sino-Indian border. But when it became apparent that they were not the Indian government ordered that Operation Winter Exercise continue.

In June 1936 Paksthana would experience a series of rigid elections causing many to protest the victory of pro-Chinese political parties. Many even stated that the country should be reunited with India. Over the next few weeks Fascist sentiment rose significantly.

In August, workers went on strike in Kabul and Nanjing. The strikes in Zabulistan ended in a few hours, the strike in China only grew larger until most in the capital were striking.

They demanded that the government implement better wages, better job safety, better benefits, and stopping the military influence on the government. The government did nothing and the strikes went away after a day.

The 1936 Summer Olympics were held in Delhi, India. But some did not attend the game due to Gandhi ‘s view on Muslim's. After some protests Gandhi allowed Muslim's and Africans from other countries to participate.

On 5 January 1937 Chancellor Wang Jingwei gave a speech to the Imperial Diet of China in it he said,

"Honored representatives and guests of His Imperial and Celestial Majesty's Government, the Chancellor of the Empire."

Wang appeared before the assembled Imperial Diet of China. Several hundred representatives, nobles, prefecture governors, generals, and guests rose to their feet to applause him. The Chancellor took his place behind a podium as cameras flashed and microphones switched on.

"Gentlemen," said Wang, "It has been over ten years since the death of our illustrious founder of the modern Chinese nation. Our former Imperial Majesty came of age in an era of strife and division and united the Chinese peoples under one banner. Now, almost seventy years later, our empire is among the most prestigious and powerful in the world. But the Celestial Empire still has not returned to the power and prosperity that it enjoyed before the Mongol invasions seven centuries ago.

"Yes, we dominate the great Dahai ocean, economically and militarily, a feat no previous dynasty has achieved or even thought about achieving. We dominate all of Asia and have humiliated the Indians by destroying their empire and eliminating the only military capable of striking our homeland. Our citizens are proud to be Chinese. But there are many in this world who still do not recognize the cultural, political, and military superiority of the great Middle Kingdom.”

"Remember what our name means. We are the Middle Kingdom, the center of all of civilization, the people chosen by Heaven to lead the world into enlightenment. Centuries ago, many nations paid their tributes to our Celestial Empire. Manchu, Mongol, Burmese, Siamese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Ryukyuan, even Indian, Iranian, and Turk - all journeyed to our grand capitals to kowtow before our emperor and bring him the best gifts their countries could provide. Back then, the world was in balance. Everybody was in their place. The barbarian hordes stayed on their side of the Great Wall and the great deserts and mountain ranges, acknowledging the superiority of the Celestial Empire. All was in harmony under Heaven.”

"But then came Genghis Khan, the barbarian warlord who united the Mongol tribes around a common goal - to conquer the world. The instant they crossed the Great Wall and rode towards the lands of the old Western Xia dynasty, they threw all of the world into disarray and disharmony. They quickly overran both the Song and the Jin, exiling them to their present homelands. Then they turned to conquering other countries, such as Daqin and India. While Daqin managed to accomplish what our ancestors had failed to do and defeat the Mongol hordes, the damage had been done. The world was thrown out of balance and harmony, and no Chinese realm since has managed to restore that balance. The Song lacked a navy strong enough to reunite our people. The Jin lacked an army. The Tran, having allied with Daqin, refused to reunite. But we, the Ming, have gotten further than any previous dynasty in restoring harmony to the world. We united all four realms together, restoring a universally recognized and united Chinese Empire, the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Mongols crossed the Great Wall. Our Celestial Empire is the largest and most powerful of any Chinese dynasty to date. All that remains is to remind the rest of the world their place in the celestial order. It is time to reclaim our rightful spot as the center of civilization and enlightenment. It is time to restore the Sinocentric world order that our ancestors enjoyed. It is time to restore the dignity and the honor of the Chinese people, to eliminate seven centuries of disunity and disharmony we suffered. It is time to restore the Empire to the glory it deserves! The era of the western phoenix is ending. Now begins the era of the eastern phoenix, an era of prosperity and harmony that will last for ten thousand years! Huangdi wansui!"

"HUANGDI WANSUI!" shouted everybody in attendance. "HUANGDI WANSUI!"

On 7 May 1937 the Roman Zeppelin Hindenburg exploded while it was docking in New Berlin Airport. This led the Chinese government to begin to phase out its fleet of airships and begin to transition over to more reliable airplanes for travel.

While flying over the Pacific on 2 July 1937 Amelia Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan disappeared at 8:43 A.M. This caused a massive outcry around the world.

The Chinese government agreed to help with the search effort but the results turned up nothing. Their disappearances are still a mystery to this day.

On 4 April 1938, fighting occurred between the Imperial Chinese Army and the Soviet army. This was due to the Soviets refusing to move troops on the Bezymyannaya (сопка Безымянная, Chinese name: Shachaofeng) and Zaozyornaya (сопка Заозёрная, Chinese name: Changkufeng) Hills to the west of Lake Khasan.

The fighting was brutal but in the end the Chinese Imperial Army was bloodied in the battle and was unable to enforce its claims. On April 15, Chinese ambassador Sima Shengma asked for peace. And so on April 16, 1938, at 13 hours 30 minutes local time the Chinese stopped fighting and Soviet forces reoccupied the heights.

More than 6,500 Soviet officers and soldiers were awarded the orders, decorations, and medals of the Soviet Commune; 26 of them were awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Commune, and 95 were awarded the Order of Lenin.

Soviet losses totaled 792 killed or missing and 3,279 wounded, according to their records and the Chinese claimed to have destroyed or immobilized 96 enemy tanks and 30 guns. Soviet armored losses were significant, with dozens of tanks being knocked out or destroyed and hundreds of "tank troops" becoming casualties.

Chinese casualties, as revealed by secret Army General Staff statistics, were 1,439 casualties (526 killed or missing, 913 wounded); the Soviets claimed Chinese losses of 3,100, with 600 killed and 2,500 wounded. The Soviet losses were blamed on the incompetence of Vasily Blücher. On October 22 he was arrested by the NKVD and is thought to have been either tortured to death or sent off to a gulag in Karelia.

On the 11 of September 1938 many Paksthani citizens demanded the unification of India. Paksthani leader Singh realising that China will not help them resigned. He would allow the Paksthani Rasas to take over the government.

He did this to avert anymore bloodshed. Almost immediately Paksthani Rasas Keshwara became chancellor. A message was sent saying that Indian troops should enter Paksthana and restore order.

So with that on 12 September the Indian 8th Army moved into Paksthana. Many Paksthanis welcomed the Indians with Rasa salutes, Rasa flags, and flowers. The next day Paksthana was united with India.

It has been said that the failure of the Chinese and Romans to take action against him for violating the Samarkand Treaty. Their lack of will emboldened him toward further aggression.

The official ceremony took place on the 14 September and supposedly had the support of 99.7% of the voters.

On 14 September, Wang Jingwei noted in the House of Representatives of the Chinese Diet:

“His Majesty's Government have throughout been in the closest touch with the situation. The Foreign Secretary saw the Indian Foreign Minister on the 10th of September and addressed to him a grave warning on the Paksthani situation and upon what appeared to be the policy of the Indian Government in regard to it. ... Late on the 11th of September our Ambassador in Delhi registered a protest in strong terms with the Indian Government against such use of coercion, backed by force, against an independent State in order to create a situation incompatible with its national independence.”

However, the speech concluded:

“I imagine that according to the temperament of the individual the events which are in our minds to-day will be the cause of regret, of sorrow, perhaps of indignation. They cannot be regarded by His Majesty's Government with indifference or equanimity. They are bound to have effects which cannot yet be measured. The immediate result must be to intensify the sense of uncertainty and insecurity in Eurasia. Unfortunately, while the policy of appeasement would lead to a relaxation of the economic pressure under which many countries are suffering to-day, what has just occurred must inevitably retard economic recovery and, indeed, increased care will be required to ensure that marked deterioration does not set in. This is not a moment for hasty decisions or for careless words. We must consider the new situation quickly, but with cool judgement.... As regards our defence programmes, we have always made it clear that they were flexible and that they would have to be reviewed from time to time in the light of any development in the international situation. It would be idle to pretend that recent events do not constitute a change of the kind that we had in mind. Accordingly we have decided to make a fresh review, and in due course we shall announce what further steps we may think it necessary to take.”

Within this speech Wang also said, "The hard fact is that nothing could have arrested what has actually happened [in Paksthana] unless this country and other countries had been prepared to use force."

Despite the abrasion disregard for the Samarkand Treaty. Many people in both the Reich and China chose to do nothing due to not wanting to start another world war. Chancellor Wang believed that the actions of the Indians would be limited. Due to him having to deal with the Reich and Soviets Wang told Zabulistan to accept Gandhi's demands.

Instead Zabulistan Chancellor Daoud Khan would resist the Indians. He ordered partial mobilization of the army on 20 May 1938. The Chinese would want Daoud Khan to have the situation mediated. Khan agreed to it on 2 September. However negotiations would break down on 13 September due to the Social Democrats protesting leading to police action.

Afghan Indian leader Kumar flew to India to make a proclamation for India to annex all of Afghanistan.

During a meeting between Wang and Gandhi the demand was for India to enter Afghanistan to protect the Indians living there. With the Chinese already dealing with the Rich and the Soviets Wang agreed. He would order Khan to stand down and after a failed attempt to get the Soviets involved folded he reluctantly agreed on 21 September.

This capitulation led to protest among the Pashtuns and Turks. A new cabinet was installed with a mobilization order issued on 23 September 1938. Despite the Soviets now agreeing to come to their aid Khan refused to make any drastic action unless the Chinese were willing to help.

On 28 September, Wang, Gandhi, and diplomats from the Reich and China agreed to meet. On the next day the Karachi Agreement was signed by all parties. It said that all territories in Afghanistan that had Indian majorities were to be given to India by 10 October.

Despite agreements to meet and finalize the new borders later it would not come to be. Because on 5 October 1938 Khan would resign as Chancellor and form a government-in-exile in Kiev. the King, his family, and supporters would go to China. A new republican government was formed and voted to unify with India.

At Towraghondi, near the Turkish-Indian border on 30 April 1939 at 11 PM a group of men in Turkish Army uniforms attacked a radio station killing those inside. In response on 1 May 1939 at 4 AM Gandhi called the Turkish Grand Vizier of Turkestan Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and demanded that the Turkish Corridor be handed over to Iran. This was demanded due to the Persians living in the Corridor.

Ataturk refused and so on 1 May 1939 at 4:40 AM, Indian troops crossed the Turkish border. The city of Mashhad was bombed. Five minutes later the Indian battleship Garuda bombarded Chabahar, the only port city in the Corridor.

At 8:00 AM, more Indian troops crossed the border and laid siege to nearby villages and towns. Iran would soon join the invasion on the Indian side. The plan was for both offensives to meet at the Turkish capital of Turkestan City and the major cities of Samarkand and Bukhara.

On May 1 clashes along the Soviet-Chinese borders broke out and releasing that they were still recovering from the purge of 1937 the Soviets refused to help the Indians. Despite that fact that Gandhi said that they could have whatever they could take.

The Turkish government reached out to the Chinese but the letter Padishah Osman I sent to the Xuantong Emperor never made it. It was later found out to have been burned by Wang Jingwei who stated that they would help but only in war material and not in men.

At the Schloss Brandenburg in Berlin, Germania at 8:00 PM after an intense debate with his ministers Kaiser Otto declared war on India in support of his Turkish allies. A Second Great War had begun.

However the Reich would end up late to the fighting because at the Reichstag, Berlin - 8 May 1939, 4:00 AM Chancellor Markos Angelos, the Angeloi family, and many Angeloi's supporters announced that the Kaiser was incapacitated and that they were taking control due to a recent amendment to the Augustinian Code.

However the Kaiser and his wife were able to escape to Vienna and rally their forces behind them leading to a Second Roman Civil War on 8 May, 1939. In the beginning the Chinese decided to stay neutral in the Roman Civil War but the Axis had recognised Angelos government.

I respect the logic, and it's another nice examination on China in this setting. @GhostRider124

Challenging the Papacy

CB headquarters, Berlin - July 1, 2029

“You know what my crime is to them?!” Thierry railed. “That a person born to a poor Dutch family is challenging their rich German papacy! That a person like this dares to actually have principles and morals they are willing to fight for, that a person like this doesn’t accept our current broken system and seeks to change it for the better! And we have to make changes fast. Even if every country followed every promise made in the Vienna agreement, the average global temperature would still rise more than three degrees. If the planet warms that much, we won’t be able to live like we’re used to. So we’re going to make the changes we need to make, and we’re going to make them now. If you are with me, you are with our nation and the future of humanity! If you’re not, you’re with the party cartel! I did not run for chancellor to be silent. I did not run for chancellor to sit on the sidelines. I run because I believed it was time to restore moral clarity and courage to our nation, to fight and to defend our meritocracy!”

The CB leaders turned away from the TV.

“Nice speech you gave this morning,” Joel said, “Took a lot of cues out of my playbook.”

“I only learn from the best,” Thierry said.

“Still, you could’ve been more forceful,” Joel said.

“Well, I didn’t want to alienate the moderates,” Thierry said, “I didn’t want to talk like the extremists in bin Laden’s party.”

“Fair enough,” Joel said.

“I still think it’s better than whatever Merkel’s putting out there,” Sebastian said, “She’s learning from the wrong people. I could’ve sworn she picked up Nahles’ habits.”

“Sure sounds like it,” Joel said, “I’d never talk like Nahles or that Scholz-omat.”

“I call bull,” Emilio said, “There was that one time you were reading one of Sebastian’s things on the floor.”

“I was not!” Joel said. “I defended that education reform bill really…eloquently!”

“It barely passed!” Emilio said.

“That was your fault!” Joel said. “You put that edit in at the last minute!”

“It was Elias’ suggestion,” Emilio said.

“I think you all did fine,” Jacob said, “We got a lot done over the last five years.”

“Definitely,” Sebastian said, “And hopefully, we’ll do more in the next five.”

“We still haven’t gotten around to my economic reform plan yet,” Josiah said.

“Which one?” Thierry said. “We already passed your budget three years ago. And the tax reform bill too. And the postal service privatization.”

“No, the big one,” Josiah said, “The one for a complete reworking of the workforce.”

“Oh, that one?” Thierry said. “Sorry, we’re not there yet. We don’t have the votes.”

“We will when we win in December,” Emilio said.

“Assuming Elias delivers with his plan,” Thierry said.

“Why are we banking everything on a plan he barely tells us about?” Jacob said. “Like we only get a few details.”

“I have faith he knows what he’s doing,” Thierry said, “He did deliver Brad and Lothar and the others to our side. And Gertrude tells me the SPR candidate is going to withdraw from the race very soon. We’ll have no challengers from that side.”

“We still need to pick your running mate,” Sebastian said.

“Any suggestions?” Thierry said.

“We were just talking about Folger, so what about him?” Sebastian said. “Good record, veteran, trusted by the establishment, we can make it work.”

“What about Elias?” Joel said. “He can boost our appeal to the base.”

“No, it would turn off moderates right now,” Thierry said, “He doesn’t have enough political experience to be accepted by the establishment.”

“Thierry, our goal is to take down the establishment, isn’t it?” Jacob said. “Whatever happened to the party cartel you were just talking about this morning?”

“Elias as my running mate is not a good move right now,” Thierry said, “Don’t forget the coalition only holds because I got the progressives on our side. One wrong move and it’ll all fall back into the establishment’s hands.”

“So Folger’s good?” Sebastian said.

“I’m okay with it,” Emilio said.

“We could always go with Lorenz, but Folger’s younger,” Jacob said, “So sure.”

“Whatever,” Josiah said, “As long as we win.”

“Alright, fine,” Joel said, “I’ll go with it.”

“Great,” Thierry said, “I’ll call him up.”

Josh’s house, Constantinople - July 24, 2029

Josh answered the doorbell and found Gustav outside.

“Hey, Uncle,” he said.

“Hey, Josh,” Gustav said.

“So what’s up?” Josh said. “You couldn’t share this over the phone?”

“Nah, I wanted to tell you in person,” Gustav said, “Argus is making it big.”

“Yeah, I heard,” Josh said, “Theodor Tesla’s helping us buy out the other private security firms. And with Beretta out of the way, we won’t have to worry about them buying them out first.”

“No, not that,” Gustav said, “Argus just pulled a big contract.”

“What big contract?” Josh said.

“We’ve been assigned to Berlin starting in a few months,” Gustav said, “We’re going to be paid a lot.”

“Yeah, I know that,” Josh said, “Tell me when I need to report for duty.”

“Josh, who is it?” Jenna called.

“It’s my uncle, go away!” Josh said.

“I could show you around next time you’re free,” Gustav said.

“Sure,” Josh said, “Though my family’s keeping me quite busy.”

“I know the feeling,” Gustav said, “But you have to be ready to put that aside at a moment’s notice and defend your country.”

“You think I don’t know that?” Josh said.

At least some members of the CB are aware that putting too much stock in Elias' vague plan might be an issue for them.

Not exactly a shock, but I see Josh isn't the most affectionate with Jenna.

At least some members of the CB are aware that putting too much stock in Elias' vague plan might be an issue for them.

Not exactly a shock, but I see Josh isn't the most affectionate with Jenna.
Vagueness means they both don't know what to do and they're more than a little scared about what it actually might be.

The Love of Money

Die Zeiten - August 4

Theresa said:
The modern despot foments mistrust of credible fact, thrives on the confusion loosed by social media, and fashions the illusion of legitimacy from supplicants. Modern misinformation tries to muddy the waters. It tries to sow as much confusion and as much misinformation as possible, so that when people see the truth, they find it harder to recognize.

“What?!” Theresa said. “What do you mean I can’t pursue this?!”

Chief Editor Jung calmly looked at her. “I’m sorry, but in the current climate, I can’t in good fashion let you keep running around causing trouble.”

“I’m barely causing trouble!” Theresa said.

“The Kaiser himself personally banned our entire company from his press briefings,” Jung said, “After you posted that ‘modern despot’ piece. ‘A king ain’t satisfied until he owns everything’? Really, Theresa?”

“I was only doing what I was supposed to do as a journalist, Jung,” Theresa said.

“And I’m only doing what I need to do to keep this company afloat,” Jung said, “The higher-ups are worried about our current finances. We’re losing money to the likes of Dikastirio. If not for Tesla’s generous offer last month, we would’ve gone bankrupt. And now you’re jeopardizing all of our attempts to keep this venerable paper going.”

“With all due respect, sir, if we literally sell ourselves out, we deserve to go bankrupt,” Theresa said, “This paper was founded to get to the truth of things and hold the powerful accountable. That’s why we’ve been around since 1836. We can’t just compromise the quality of our content simply because it’s no longer profitable. We’d be no better than propaganda outlets then.”

“Nice speech and all, Theresa, but I’m only the messenger,” Jung said, “I can’t in good conscience let you keep investigating Gertrude Anhorn. It won’t reflect well on us, especially during this campaign season.”

“But…” Theresa said.

“The higher-ups have made their choice,” Jung said.

“You weren’t like this when I broke Sentinel wide open fifteen years ago!” Theresa said.

“Well, times have changed,” Jung said, “I’m sorry. We can't publish this. You know what the circumstances are right now."

Theresa sighed in frustration. Then she turned and left. To hell with what Jung or any of those executives said. If they wouldn’t support her project, she’d just have to do it herself then.

Breslau - August 25

“The book of Timothy says the love of money is the root of all evil,” Elias said, “Nowhere is that more obvious than in the party cartel. All those party elites live in their fancy mansions and go to parties all the time, drinking wine when thousands are forced to live on the streets, and thousands more live on the brink of financial ruin. While this planet burns, they do nothing to put out the fire, saying they have no money for it. But that money magically appears when they want to have a little romp through East Africa. Even the SPR, which claims to support the working class, has abandoned them. Why are the people of the former Occupied Territories still lagging behind those elsewhere, forty years after reunification? Why have they voted to gut union protections and send the poor off to die in East Africa? Tell me, what good has the party cartel brought? They only care about their money! It’s time that everybody should get what they deserve according to their ability, like we were promised in the Roman Dream. Stand with me and tell the party cartel what you really think about them. Stand with me, and together we can bring real change to this nation!”

The crowds roared and applauded.

Berlin - September 23

“The numbers are promising,” Sebastian said, “We’ve gone up to fourteen percent.”

“That’s almost double our results from 2025,” Jacob said.

“Don’t forget the context, gentlemen,” Josiah said, “We’ve only gotten here by siphoning off supporters from the crumbling left. People are tired of the KRA’s war against the SPR.”

“That’s all a mess,” Emilio said, “The SPR has no candidate for chancellor, and it looks like they’re just winging it now. Whose bright idea was it for them to double down on their support for the intervention?”

“Another example why they’re out of touch,” Joel said, “No matter. We’ll sweep them all away in December.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure of that,” Sebastian said, “We have to watch out for the KRA.”

“Watch out?” Emilio said. “The KRA? Are you crazy? They’ve only won twice before, and both times were Scheel.”

“Still, we should stay out of that fight,” Jacob said, “It’ll only backfire on us.”

“Right,” Thierry said, “We got a huge bump when we formed an alliance with several Christian charities through the Shepherds’ Brotherhood. We can thank the Anhorns for that.”

“That Elias is going the extra mile with his speeches,” Joel said, “I’m really impressed.”

“I hope he keeps that up,” Sebastian said, “We need more people like him.”

Even Die Zeiten is getting censored huh? What a shame indeed. Little by little Thierry's party is gaining ground while the party cartel is losing em, it all comes down to the next election now. And it looks like Merkel would be retiring soon if Thierry's victory is assured.

Even Die Zeiten is getting censored huh? What a shame indeed. Little by little Thierry's party is gaining ground while the party cartel is losing em, it all comes down to the next election now. And it looks like Merkel would be retiring soon if Thierry's victory is assured.
She's pretty old at this point, and I already had her stay in office ten years longer than in real life, so retirement is a very likely option if she loses.

I feel bad for Theresa here, but I admittedly can't fault her bosses; if her story results in them closing doors, it's not exactly worth it. It's almost like the Kaiser having a say over such matters is a bit of an issue...

I feel bad for Theresa here, but I admittedly can't fault her bosses; if her story results in them closing doors, it's not exactly worth it. It's almost like the Kaiser having a say over such matters is a bit of an issue...
As Theresa said, “A king ain’t satisfied until he owns everything.”

Watch on Siam

Adamshaven, Hawaii - October 10

The cry resounds like thunder's peal,

Like crashing waves and clang of steel:

The Siam, the Siam, our Roman Siam,

Who will defend our land, divine?

A young man drove up to the temple. Getting out of his car, he took out his phone and opened his Dikastirio app to start live-streaming. With “Die Wacht am Siam” playing in the background on the car radio and “Remove Tlaxcalli” playing from a portable audio speaker on his shirt, he walked up to the temple. A man in traditional Mexica garb waved to him.

“Hello, brother,” he said.

The young man pulled out a pistol and shot him in the head.

“Filthy snake-worshipper,” he said.

Dear fatherland, no fear be thine,

dear fatherland, no fear be thine,

Firm stands the Watch on the Siam!

Firm stands the Watch on the Siam!

He took out an assault rifle from his duffel bag. It was covered in all sorts of words and phrases associated with the far right—“Mexicafagos,” “Remove Tlaxcalli,” “Subscribe to Kim Jong Un,” “Avenge Wilhelm III,” “Remember Tomas Patricia” among them—as well as symbols associated with the Angeloi and Rasas. He turned on a strobe light and fixed it to the barrel of the gun. Then he went inside and before anybody could react, he opened fire.

He casts his eyes to heaven's blue,

From where past heroes hold the view,

And swears pugnaciously the oath,

You Siam and I, stay Roman, both.

He spent the next several minutes indiscriminately shooting at people. Many tried running, but the strobe light disoriented and distracted them, allowing him to aim and shoot. He walked over the bodies of the fallen, shooting them again several times just to be sure they were dead. Then he left the temple and shot at people outside.

While still remains one breath of life,

While still one fist can draw a knife,

One gun still fired with one hand,

No foe will stand in the Siam jungle.

Returning to his vehicle, he retrieved another gun before heading to the temple’s car park and shot several people fleeing or hiding there. He then reentered the temple and opened fire again on people who were already wounded in the prayer hall and unable to escape. He left the temple and came across a wounded woman desperately crawling away.

“Help!” she pleaded. “Someone! Please!”

He calmly shot her in the head and then twice more.

“Thus always to terrorists,” he said.

Should my heart not survive this stand,

You'll never fall in foreign hand,

Much, as your forests with no end,

Have we our heroes' blood to spend.

Returning to his car again, he took out four modified gas containers. He attached improvised detonators to each of them and placed them at strategic locations around the temple. Then he went back to his car and pressed the detonator. The containers exploded, covering the temple in roaring flames. The people still inside screamed in pain, and it was music to his ears. He got in his car and turned up the volume of “Die Wacht am Siam.”

The oath resounds, on rolls the trees,

The banners fly high, proud, and brave,

The Siam, the Siam, the Roman Siam

We all shall stand to hold the line!

If anybody managed to stumble out through the burning entrance, he shot them. After a few minutes of waiting, he started hearing police sirens. Nobody came out from the temple. He had done enough, and it was time to leave. He started the engine and drove away.

So lead us with your tried command,

With trust in God, take sword in hand,

Hail Franz Joseph! Down with all that brood!

Repay our shame with the foes' blood!

All those terrorists got what they deserved for what they did at the Uberbowl.

Also unrelated to anything except the themes and inspirations of the older arcs, but I just finished the last couple seasons of Supernatural after putting them off for three years. It was time to see that show off. Though I don't think I will adapt any content after Season 9 at this point, except maybe a few things relating to monster lore.

Carry on my wayward son...

Reactions:
A fool listening to nonsense, spreading hate and misery.