The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That Mars map for the Annoniaverse is some good stuff Zen, definitely prime material for a video game campaign tbh, anyway seems Julius got the Persian government on a wild goose chase, hopefully they can keep that up for a while.
Definitely great for an RTS strategy game, or maybe even a Red Alert-style game. I miss Red Alert.
Btw, after consuming several history memes, I gotta ask, would there still be a lot of Mosin Nagants in this timeline if Russia never got that large before they turned into the Commune, also just for hilarity, does the Toyota Hilux still exist? I reckon if the armed resistance within Jerusalem before they were all defeated, surely some of em, maybe around the African regions managed to convert those trucks into makeshift humvees for a while. Just imagine a couple of em still running around though after the nukes dropped. Would make a hell of a Mad Max vibes.
Not sure about the Mosin Nagants, but I want the Hilux to still exist for the meme potential. Those trucks will survive literally anything thrown at them.

Not sure about the Mosin Nagants, but I want the Hilux to still exist for the meme potential. Those trucks will survive literally anything thrown at them.
I have also wondered if the AK series of guns would still be around? The reason I asked was because looking up were Mikhail Kalashnikov lived (that being Kurya, Kuryinsky District, Altai Krai) it looks like it would be Chinese territory in TTL. His biggest competitor Alexey Sudayev who was known for creating the PPS submachine gun along with the aforementioned competitor to the AK the AS-44 was born in Alatyr, Chuvash Republic which looks like it could be in Yavdi or the Reich.

Another question I have is if it dose exist then what weapon would it take inspiration from? Since I hear that the AK took inspiration from the M1 Grand and not the more commonly believed STG44. This got me thinking if the STG replaces the AK in TTL?

Reactions:
I have also wondered if the AK series of guns would still be around? The reason I asked was because looking up were Mikhail Kalashnikov lived (that being Kurya, Kuryinsky District, Altai Krai) it looks like it would be Chinese territory in TTL. His biggest competitor Alexey Sudayev who was known for creating the PPS submachine gun along with the aforementioned competitor to the AK the AS-44 was born in Alatyr, Chuvash Republic which looks like it could be in Yavdi or the Reich.
I might shift the inventors around to different countries then. Maybe the AK equivalent comes from China now.
Another question I have is if it dose exist then what weapon would it take inspiration from? Since I hear that the AK took inspiration from the M1 Grand and not the more commonly believed STG44. This got me thinking if the STG replaces the AK in TTL?
Not sure. I might use original names but show OTL pictures of AKs.

I might shift the inventors around to different countries then. Maybe the AK equivalent comes from China now.
That or who ever you have as the stand-in for Kalashnikov you could say that they were an Equalist and migrated to the Soviet Union?

Not sure. I might use original names but show OTL pictures of AKs.
In a way you could do that for all weapons'. That being to keep the design but changing their name and origin?

For example I know in the story the Reich used German, American and British weapons' but in the DE it could use a mix of German and Austrian weapons' in conflicts up to 1918 then during WWII the Loyalist could use American guns and the Angelos use German weapons' then for later conflicts it could be a mix. You could also have India using British ones and China using Japanese and Taiwanese guns?

Reactions:
That or who ever you have as the stand-in for Kalashnikov you could say that they were an Equalist and migrated to the Soviet Union?
Or I just make it Chinese and give the Russians something else.
In a way you could do that for all weapons'. That being to keep the design but changing their name and origin?
Ideally.
For example I know in the story the Reich used German, American and British weapons' but in the DE it could use a mix of German and Austrian weapons' in conflicts up to 1918 then during WWII the Loyalist could use American guns and the Angelos use German weapons' then for later conflicts it could be a mix. You could also have India using British ones and China using Japanese and Taiwanese guns?
I guess, but I'd rather not complicate things too much.

Yea cause that is what Mike Pondsmith did for Cyberpunk 2020 in were you have a gun that looks like a bullpup FN-FAL by Militech called the Mk IV Assault Weapon and there is one that looks like the British L85/SA80 Assault Rifle but is called the FN-RAL Heavy Assault Rifle.
Oh okay. Yeah that sounds about right. Though I'm not going to focus too much on it since as I said, I'm not familiar with gun history or terminology.

Meanwhile Sakamoto be like

(Humiliates Christian)

See this traitor to society? We will destroy him in our desire to be free from desire! As the Profit I mean ProphEt of Buhdda, this is what Amaterasu would want to happen! Together, our society will purge these monotheists and kick them out of our blessed lands, in the name of patriotism for our blessed party, long live Bhudism! This is what the bhuudists would want for our society!

Meanwhile Sakamoto be like

(Humiliates Christian)

See this traitor to society? We will destroy him in our desire to be free from desire! As the Profit I mean ProphEt of Buhdda, this is what Amaterasu would want to happen! Together, our society will purge these monotheists and kick them out of our blessed lands, in the name of patriotism for our blessed party, long live Bhudism! This is what the bhuudists would want for our society!
No, that is not Sakamoto at all. Please stop assuming stuff like this.

Eerie Silence

Outside Stuttgart - June 27

“That’s strange.” In the distance, Commander Ludolf saw pillars of smoke rising into the sky. “Nowhere near Stuttgart.”

“What do you make of it, Commander?” Sergeant Moritz said. “The enemy?”

Ludolf shook his head. “No. Moria’s men don’t operate this far west, from the latest intel. Only a couple units.”

“You know we can’t trust Eisenburg’s people,” Moritz said, “They’re heretics and heathens, the lot of them. I mean, the name Qazai...”

“I know, but we’ll deal with them after we defeat Moria,” Ludolf said, “In the meantime, we should worry about immediate threats.”

Out of instinct, he raised one hand to his temple and tapped. Just a week ago, that was how his Panopticon knew to start searching for threats. But General Dandolo had manually disconnected all of their Panopticons, so his motion was for nothing. Sometimes, I miss how convenient that implant can be. His field of vision remained empty and barren.

Ludolf’s unit drew closer to the smoke, and now he could make out the smoldering remains of village buildings. Bodies laid face-down on the street, all shot multiple times in the back. None of them were armed. Ludolf tried directing his Panopticon to search for any potential signs of life in the vicinity, but he remembered it had been disabled.

“What the hell happened here?” Moritz said.

“Looks like a massacre,” Ludolf said.

The village was completely destroyed. Not a single building or vehicle remained untouched. The only sounds he heard were the crackling of distant fires and a light breeze brushing through his hair. Then there was the silence. That eerie unnatural silence that hung over everything. A street like this should have been filled with noises from traffic and pedestrians. There should have been the ambient hustle of people going about their day. But there was nothing. Yes, Berlin’s recent actions may have reduced the number of people out on the streets, Ludolf reckoned, but he never thought it would be this bad.

“What kind of monsters would do such a thing?” he said to himself.

“Hey!” someone shouted. Ludolf wasn’t used to hearing people call out the old-fashioned way. “We found a survivor!”

They ran towards the voice and arrived in front of a smashed storefront. Inside, the ceiling had collapsed, destroying everything that was supposed to be on the shelves and pinning a man to the floor by his lower body.

“Don’t worry, sir, we’ll get you out,” Ludolf said.

“Crusaders!” the man shouted, wildly swinging his free arms. “Get away from me!”

“But we need to get you out.”

The man continued flailing. “You murderers!”

“Murderers? We just got here.”

“You have the same armbands they did!” the man pointed at Ludolf’s Crusader armband. To distinguish themselves from Moria’s Crusaders, they wore their armbands upside down and crossed out the eagle. “Upside down crossed out eagles! Don’t say you didn’t know!”

“Sir, that’s impossible,” Moritz said.

“I know,” Ludolf said, “The only other allied unit in this area would be Commander Stefan’s unit. And I know Stefan wouldn’t do this.”

“Typical Crusaders!” The man was gasping for air now. His movements grew more sluggish. Ludolf finally noticed the pool of blood under his upper body, slowing getting larger.

“Someone get the medic!” Ludolf ordered.

But part of him knew it was already too late.

“Typical…Crusaders…” the man gasped. “Always…protecting…your own…you’ve…left this country…to die…”

He went limp, and the light left his eyes.

Ludolf sighed and shook his head, disappointed. Seeing his commander’s discomfort, Moritz walked up to him and clasped him on the shoulder. “Cheer up, sir, he was probably a heretic, you know? I’d say he’s receiving his due punishment from the Devil as we speak.”

But Ludolf couldn’t help but dwell on the man’s dying words.

Ulm

“And that concludes my report, sir.” Ludolf’s voice crackled over the speakers. “We’ve got more questions than answers.”

“I see,” Heinrich said, “And you’re certain he was telling the truth?”

“He’s got no reason to lie. So if men in Crusader uniforms with our armbands massacred the village, there are three options. Bandits, Moria’s men, or our men gone rogue.”

“Bandit activity in the Stuttgart region is largely confined to the urban area,” Frederica said, “They wouldn’t target a random village on the outskirts when there are plenty more easier targets in downtown, at least for now.”

“Even with the radiation and all?” Ludolf said.

“Bandits are desperate enough to not care about radiation,” Frederica said.

“So if it’s not bandits, then it has to be a Crusader unit. Ours or theirs?”

“I’ve already checked with Commander Stefan,” Heinrich said, “At the time the alleged massacre happened, he was engaging Moria’s troops elsewhere. Ten injured, five dead, mostly rebels. Though without the Panopticons, I can’t be completely sure.”

“Mostly rebel?” Frederica crossed her arms. “What happened, to the best of your knowledge?”

“Commander Stefan suggested a pincer attack, by which the Crusaders and rebels would each draw apart half of the enemy force and deal with them separately. It was simply bad luck that the enemy’s drones focused on the rebels.”

Frederica sighed. “I swear…”

“Commander Stefan sends his deepest apologies, Colonel.”

“Why did he need to apologize?” Moritz appeared on the video feed. “It’s just war. This stuff happens. You can’t be a snowflake and demand special treatment. That’s how you die.”

“Sergeant Moritz, you’re out of line,” Ludolf said.

“I’m stating the facts,” Moritz said.

“You are dismissed, Sergeant Moritz.”

Moritz glared at Ludolf. Then he saluted and left.

“Commander Ludolf, your unit needs better discipline,” Heinrich said.

“I know, and I apologize for Sergeant Moritz’s insubordination,” Ludolf said, “Though I do want to raise concerns about this arrangement with Colonel Eisenburg.”

“Would you like to share your concerns with me?” Frederica leaned closer to the screen and narrowed her eyes.

“I personally don’t see a problem with it,” Ludolf said, “The intel Frau Qazai’s group has given us has been very helpful. But many other commanders and their men don’t share my views. Especially since you’re a woman.”

Frederica rolled her eyes. “Has it really only been nine years since Bloody Tuesday? Feels more like nine hundred.”

“If they refuse to take orders from a woman, I will have them shot,” Heinrich said, “I’m a Regent, appointed by God to lead Christendom. To defy my words is treason. You have my authorization to do the same with your insubordinates.”

“Y-Yes, sir.” Ludolf nodded. “I will pass that on to my men.”

“Good. Dismissed.” The video feed cut off, and Heinrich leaned back in his chair.

“So what do we think?” Frederica said. “If it’s not bandits or our men, then that leaves Moria, right?”

“It does fit his profile,” Heinrich said, “Only one problem with that. The only troops we’ve found that are loyal to Moria were fighting Commander Stefan’s unit when the massacre happened. And we don’t know any other Moria troops in the area.”

“Strange,” Frederica said, “Perhaps our intel is incomplete. I’ll have to check with Sigmund and my people.”

“Or perhaps there’s something else at play here,” Heinrich said, “Something we’re missing. It feels like the answer is staring me in the face, and I just can’t see it.”

“Or maybe it really is that simple, old man,” Frederica said, “I’ll check over my intel and see if I find anything. You just…keep your boys in line.”

“Colonel, you need to do a better job of having your people work with mine.”

“That’s on you. You did try to murder and enslave us all.”

“That was Moria.”

“You do not get to use him as an excuse, old man. Now get to it.”

Heinrich sighed. “I suppose you’re right.”

• 1Like
Reactions:
We are seeing some of Henrich’s own men start going against his will and continue to perpetuate attoricities due to the warped worldview they have developed after 20 years (as while Fredricha is right to point out that its only been nine years since the Commitee was established, the radicalization process was ongoing long before 2030). At least some of Henrich’s men, like Ludolf, seem to have a good head on his soilders, tho I’m pretty sure that’s just because he’s disconnected from the dehumanizing effects of the Pantopicons. If Ludolf still had his Pantopicon on, he wouldn’t be able to see what was wrong with the massacre and would only see enemies, and I’m pretty sure he has committed war crimes before but doesn’t remember them now. It’s gonna take alot before Henrich and Frederica are able to trust each other and Henrich’s men are under control and deprogrammed from nearly a decade of societally encouraged toxic masculinity.

The loss of the Pantopicon is going to hurt their efforts in several ways. Good news all in all of course.

OOF! Looks like Moria is already on the attack...

Welp, now we know what is going in the west...
Or do you?
We are seeing some of Henrich’s own men start going against his will and continue to perpetuate attoricities due to the warped worldview they have developed after 20 years (as while Fredricha is right to point out that its only been nine years since the Commitee was established, the radicalization process was ongoing long before 2030).
The loss of the Pantopicon is going to hurt their efforts in several ways. Good news all in all of course.
Ironically, while the Panopticons may have distorted the truth, turning them off doesn’t change that at all.
At least some of Henrich’s men, like Ludolf, seem to have a good head on his soilders, tho I’m pretty sure that’s just because he’s disconnected from the dehumanizing effects of the Pantopicons. If Ludolf still had his Pantopicon on, he wouldn’t be able to see what was wrong with the massacre and would only see enemies, and I’m pretty sure he has committed war crimes before but doesn’t remember them now.
Ludolf is by no means a saint. Just because the Panopticon altered his perception does not mean he isnr aware of what he’s done. He remembers everything he’s done. He just looks decent because Sergeant Moritz is worse.
It’s gonna take alot before Henrich and Frederica are able to trust each other and Henrich’s men are under control and deprogrammed from nearly a decade of societally encouraged toxic masculinity.
Trust is hard to come by these days, even if it is essential to survival.

Lately, I saw RedTemplar's CK2 AAR unfortunately come to an end due to a hardware failure wiping out all his files. This got me worried for this megacampaign and your future projects, so I was wondering if you've thought about contingencies for similar scenarios occurring for this AAR in either the rest of NWO or Stellaris, DE, or ROTCE2 should you lose access to your files, like downloading backups of all your files into the cloud or continuing to write without screenshots like Crown Atomic or ROTCE1?

Lately, I saw RedTemplar's CK2 AAR unfortunately come to an end due to a hardware failure wiping out all his files. This got me worried for this megacampaign and your future projects, so I was wondering if you've thought about contingencies for similar scenarios occurring for this AAR in either the rest of NWO or Stellaris, DE, or ROTCE2 should you lose access to your files, like downloading backups of all your files into the cloud or continuing to write without screenshots like Crown Atomic or ROTCE1?
I've directly stored my screenshots, drafts, notes and other out of game resources on the cloud for the last few years. Even if what happened with ROTCE1 happens again, I can continue wherever I left off without interruptions. Though I should probably organize things better, because I always have trouble finding my mods for EU4-NWO even though I know I have them. When Stellaris and ROTCE2 roll around, I'll make sure to make a backup of my mods to the cloud in case the worst happens. For DE, as long as I saved my original writing or can find it here, things should be fine.

Reactions:
I've directly stored my screenshots, drafts, notes and other out of game resources on the cloud for the last few years. Even if what happened with ROTCE1 happens again, I can continue wherever I left off without interruptions. Though I should probably organize things better, because I always have trouble finding my mods for EU4-NWO even though I know I have them. When Stellaris and ROTCE2 roll around, I'll make sure to make a backup of my mods to the cloud in case the worst happens. For DE, as long as I saved my original writing or can find it here, things should be fine.
That's good, I'm relieved to hear that.:)

Reactions:
You know, seeing this video recently got me to think about an idea for early mechs, that would be them starting off for peacetime uses like as construction or agricultural machinery, before being implemented into the military during times of war as elite units due to their costs, like what happened to various examples listed in the comments of this video.
I know Dragoon implied that the Templars had a monopoly on the HTE's psionics, but I feel like their rivalry with the Centurions and Autoritter pilots could be intensified should psionics Centurions or Mech pilots show up. For that matter, I could see the HTE's enemies taking advantage of the various rivalries within its military in the future, since a feudal style command structure might not do so well against, say, a more meritocratic military.

On the topic on of mechs, I wonder if you're planning on getting into Gundam at some point and use anything from there for your mechs?

Moving on, since you said Molotov and Zhukov was in favor of nuclear arms control and remembering our discussion of the reworked space race, perhaps the Russians could have a smaller nuclear arsenal than the Reich and China but make up for it with more early space race wins and military assets in space, like being able to drop troops from space as you said.

Also on the topic on your Mars map after Julius' victory, would you still use Dragoon's map from DEA like you did with your previous map, or would you use a different map to account for Mars' terraforming progress and also to get a higher res map?

Last edited: