The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With how there will most likely be a surge of anti-Germán sentiments for the non Germans of the Reich when Jerusalem falls, perhaps Greek nationalists would consider themselves true Romans and the Germans as barbarian oppressors that tried to erase their cultural heritage and should be overthrown. I think that alone how dead Romanitas is when one of the core groups of the Reich has now turned against it due to oppression. German-Greek relations after this might be even more tense than OTL Turkish-Greek relations over the past century. Sucks to see Fredrich the Great's work to unite the Greeks and Germans get undone by the Committee.
The Greeks might go even further and fully repudiate the Roman identity altogether. Instead of calling themselves Romaioi and their language Romaike/Rhomaike, they could start calling themselves Hellenes and their language Greek, building a separate non-Roman identity that draws instead from the classical and Hellenistic eras. They'd replace the Byzantine era and Friedrich the Great in favor of Athens and Alexander the Great. It's similar to what OTL Greece did after gaining independence from the Ottomans. From what I remember, western Europeans had a romanticized view of classical Greece and the Hellenistic period—while also downgrading and ignoring the Byzantine era due to people like Gibbon—and supported the Greek independence movement as a revival of that past greatness, not as a revival of the Byzantine Empire. Many Greek nationalists in Greece proper would later adopt that mindset and encourage a national identity based on the classical and Hellenistic eras. Greeks in Anatolia clung on to their Roman identity a bit longer. I'm reminded of that one anecdote constantly making the rounds online about Greek soldiers after World War I being confused that Anatolian Greeks called themselves Romans.

That's not to say there wouldn't be Greeks who want to go back to how the empire was like before the Restoration, with the Greeks as the true Romans, but they'd probably be a minority because the committee has declared a war of extermination against literally every single non-German demographic and associated itself so closely with the idea of the Reich and Romanitas that it would be hard to separate the two at this point. Same goes for most of the Greek nobility who have too many ties to the committee.

Edit 8/22/23: It's "Romaike"/"Rhomaike" and not "Romaikos."
As for other minorities, I could see France taking a page of Persia's book by associating Jerusalem's crimes with those of past Roman regimes, namely that of Saint Wilhelmina and Julius Caesar, and follow in Vercingetorix's footsteps by rebelling against the Reich. They could also take ques from the Greek nationalists and declare their own empire as the heir to Charlemagne's empire.
Or they just stick to the lands they consider French and do their best to separate themselves from the Roman identity since that has only gotten the French oppressed and killed before.
Greece: I am the one true rome

Brittania: No, I am true rome
People who live in the city of Rome: "Amateurs"

Last edited:
The Greeks might go even further and fully repudiate the Roman identity altogether. Instead of calling themselves Romaioi and their language Romaikos, they could start calling themselves Hellenes and their language Greek, building a separate non-Roman identity that draws instead from the classical and Hellenistic eras. They'd replace the Byzantine era and Friedrich the Great in favor of Athens and Alexander the Great. It's similar to what OTL Greece did after gaining independence from the Ottomans. From what I remember, western Europeans had a romanticized view of classical Greece and the Hellenistic period—while also downgrading and ignoring the Byzantine era due to people like Gibbon—and supported the Greek independence movement as a revival of that past greatness, not as a revival of the Byzantine Empire. Many Greek nationalists in Greece proper would later adopt that mindset and encourage a national identity based on the classical and Hellenistic eras. Greeks in Anatolia clung on to their Roman identity a bit longer. I'm reminded of that one anecdote constantly making the rounds online about Greek soldiers after World War I being confused that Anatolian Greeks called themselves Romans.

That's not to say there wouldn't be Greeks who want to go back to how the empire was like before the Restoration, with the Greeks as the true Romans, but they'd probably be a minority because the committee has declared a war of extermination against literally every single non-German demographic and associated itself so closely with the idea of the Reich and Romanitas that it would be hard to separate the two at this point. Same goes for most of the Greek nobility who have too many ties to the committee.
So pretty much the terms "Romans", "Romanitas", and the concept of the Reich itself will end up like word Byzantine in OTL thanks to Enlightenment scholars, as synonymous with despotism, imperialism, and a corrupt and unrepresentative government.

So pretty much the terms "Romans", "Romanitas", and the concept of the Reich itself will end up like word Byzantine in OTL thanks to Enlightenment scholars, as synonymous with despotism, imperialism, and a corrupt and unrepresentative government.
Just like how so many aspects of German culture became irreversibly associated with Nazism.

Check, Part 1

Roman government in exile temporary headquarters

Izinchi impatiently paced back and forth, fist clenched and phone pressed to her ear. “Oi, pick up the bloody phone, ya eejit, or I swear, I’ll—”

“Izinchi, I think you should calm down,” Kresge said, “You’re not fully recovered yet. Stress will cause complications.”

“Haud yer weesht, Kresge! I’m perfectly—” Izinchi doubled over and coughed. “Ignore that! I’m fine!”

“You should probably listen to Kresge,” Gebhard said, “We just got you out of the hospital.”

“That means I’m right as rain!” Izinchi said. “And I’ve got to tell Mozaffar he’s a wee nyaff!”

“You’ve reached the secretary of Minister Mozaffar,” a government secretary said, “He is not accepting calls at the moment. Especially from ex-senator Izinchi Ochimeca.”

The call disconnected, and Izinchi slammed it down on the table. “DAMNIT! YER A WEE NYAFF!”

“You know he can’t hear us, right?” Kresge said.

“I KEN!”

“We should probably give up and start damage control,” Gebhard said, “I’ve already reached out to Börte. She’s going to help us out.”

“What do you mean?” Kresge said.

“She’ll provide aid and shelter for everybody who’s leaving Persia,” Gebhard said, “We can’t go to Afghanistan or Turkestan—those are still active Pesah-ridden fronts—which leaves only one direction: Mesopotamia.”

“We’re going to frakking Mesopotamia?!” Izinchi said.

“We don’t have anywhere else to go,” Gebhard said, “We’ve got several major cities under our control, but Börte says that’s only a temporary stop.”

“An’ where’re we supposed tae end up?”

Gebhard looked down. “…the Astrakhan area.”

“Didn’t that tyrant Bielke kill everyone in charge and raze most of the city?”

“He left western Yavdi to focus on the other warlords in the north and east. Börte is confident she can create a safe zone for the exiles in the Astrakhan area.”

Izinchi and Kresge both stared at Gebhard.

“What?” Gebhard said. “I’m only the messenger.”

“You really want us to go to that anarchic hellscape?” Kresge said. “In case you forgot, I got captured in Yavdi!”

“Our only alternatives are Jerusalem or its fronts,” Gebhard said, “We don’t have the military strength to survive against Jerusalem, but we can stand a chance against the warlords. I’ll take what remains of Yavdi over getting gassed in Turkestan or infected with Pesah in Afghanistan.”

“What about food? Where are we going to get our food?”

“As we speak, Börte’s troops in Taurica are moving north to secure Kharkiv and the farmland around it. The cities got gassed by Haynau so we can’t stay there, but that part of Yavdi and eastern Taurica has some of the most fertile soil on Earth, and a lot of it’s still usable. Even with a late planting, we should harvest enough to break even. As for energy…well, I think Dr. Hansen can figure something out.”

Izinchi continued pacing across the room. She put down her phone. “So we’re going back to Yavdi, huh?”

“We’ve got no other choice,”

“Why don’t we just stop in Mesopotamia?” Kresge said. “At least we know the territory. That’s our home.”

“Jerusalem knows the place too,” Gebhard said, “After they nuked Constantinople, I’m certain they’ll have no qualms with nuking us. Ideally we settle in one of the cities in Taurica, but the same problem would present itself, and I doubt any of us, Lieutenant Gurkani particularly, would want to live near one of those death camps. We’ll figure something out once we get there.”

“Kresge, it’s fine,” Izinchi said, “Let’s go.”

“You’re not seriously thinking of going!”

“You got a better idea?” Izinchi crossed her arms.

Kresge tried thinking of something better, but he only shook his head. “Yeah, you’re right.”

“That settles it.” Izinchi’s attitude shifted. “Gebbers, whip up a plan fer flittin’ us all out of this blasted city.”

“On it,” Gebhard said.

“And me?” Kresge asked.

“Uh…you?” Izinchi hesitated. “I guess…provide moral support?”

“I’M A COP, NOT AN EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL!”

“…I thought you wanted to be chancellor.”

Baghdad - June 22

“Come on, everyone, let’s move it!” Igre shouted, watching the soldiers hauling crates of important equipment out of their former headquarters. “We don’t have time to spare!”

Börte walked up to her. “Hello, Lieutenant. How are things going?”

“Much better than expected,” Igre reported, “Very low rate of desertion, far less than what we expected. On the other hand, the commanders of the Persian 8th through 17th Armies have agreed to help us.”

“That’s nearly half of Operation Huma! Don’t they know they’re committing treason?”

“They don’t consider it treason,” Igre said, “It’s more of an…honor thing.”

“They must take honor really seriously,” Börte said, “I wasn’t expecting this much help. I have to adjust my plans.”

“You can thank Julian for that one,” Igre said, “I heard he went and personally appealed to every single Huma commander.”

“When I meet him in person, I will.”

Igre looked back at the soldiers going about their duties. “So what’s going to happen now? I never thought in a million years we’d abandon the front.”

“You must feel terrible,” Börte said.

Igre did feel terrible, deep inside. There was a rage eating away at the edges of her heart as she recalled what she went through at that camp in Taurica. The hunger, the experiments, the torture, the dehumanization…when the Yavdians rolled in and shot the guards, Igre begged with every fiber of her being to join Börte’s staff just so she could pay back Jerusalem. And now here she was, giving up the fight. And for Romans, no less. They were the same people, in the end. No matter what ideas they believed in or what their mouths said, their blood was still the same. So were they worth saving? Yes they are. Of course they should be saved.

“Never been better,” Igre said, “Just want to do my part, whatever that is. But what happens to the front now? Will Jerusalem just take it all back?”

“Mozaffar’s men might try to fill in the gaps we left, but there aren’t enough of them. If Jerusalem launches a counterattack, it’s almost certain they could push the Artesh back to the border.”

“Damn you Mozaffar,” Igre muttered, “You shot yourself in the foot.”

“Unfortunately, the people of Persia won’t see it that way,” Börte said, “They’ll just see the Yavdians backstabbing them and leaving to protect treacherous Romans.”

“Sometimes, I hate how this world works.” The good get punished and the bad reap the rewards. Thousands starve and freeze while a few lounge in luxury and profit off the misery. “If only things could change.”

Börte’s expression changed as she said that. Then she lowered her voice. “What if we could change it?”

Igre looked at her. “What do you mean, General?”

Börte smiled. “I have something you might be interested in. Not as your general, but as a fellow likeminded individual…”

---

Samir walked around the tank they had just unloaded, inspecting its cannon and treads before focusing on its engine. “Interesting. This isn’t a normal M1 Augustin.”

“According to the specs, it’s a Kaveh type tank,” Leyla said, “It’s based on the prototype driven by Gunduz back in April, with modifications made for mass production.”

“So it’s an automated tank,” Gulichi said.

“Not exactly. It’s more like the barrier to operating it is drastically lowered. You could pilot this thing with as few as one or two people. The main weapons system is automated, so all the gunner has to do is aim and—” Leyla mimicked a finger gun and made an explosion noise. “Bang!”

“Sounds too good to be true,” Billy said.

“If it’s too good to be true, then why’d Julian specifically ask for it, along with the other experimental tech?” Leyla said.

“The main question is, is this the only one?” Samir asked.

“Mozaffar and the General Staff probably have the original blueprints in Isfahan, but yes, this is the only prototype they’ve actually built so far.”

“Good.”

“Should we…I don’t know, give it a name?” Gulichi said. “For good luck.”

“It’s a tank, not a horse. Do we need such superstitions?”

“It would be nice to have.”

“I agree,” Billy said.

“Me too,” Ruby said.

“Sure,” Leyla said.

“You guys got any suggestions?” Samir asked.

“Uh…” Gulichi thought. “Probably not anything Persian.”

“I don't feel like a Roman name works either,” Billy said.

“Oh, I got an idea!” Gulichi said. “How about Ilmarinen?”

“What, the Finnish god?”

“He’s another blacksmith, so it should keep with the naming scheme.”

“Like Takomaan,” Samir said, “Named after the god of the forge. I like it.”

“So do I,” Gulichi said.

“I don’t know what you mean, but the name sounds cool,” Ruby said, “If a little wordy.”

“How about Ilma then? That’s the shorter name.”

“Sure.”

“Great,” Billy said.

“Sounds good,” Leyla said.

“Alright, then,” Samir said, “Henceforth, we’ll call this tank the Ilma.”

“You know, I have a feeling we’re going to use a lot of Finnish names in the future,” Gulichi said.

Kuhpayeh

“Get lost!” Ilyana waved around a crowbar, keeping at bay a crowd of bullies twice her size.

“What’s with this little girl?!” one of the bullies said. “Did she really…”

“Nobody hurts my friends!” Ilyana declared.

Friedrich cowered in the corner, his head wrapped in his hands.

Please make it stop. Make it stop!

He closed his eyes, but that only brought to mind images of his father being shot. Seeing his mother’s body in a coffin. Elias pressing a gun to his head. Grandmother never being home lately with all of her “real playing,” as Ilyana called it. When could they go back to the way things were?

“I…want to play the shadow dragon game again…” he muttered.

Nobody heard him. Ilyana’s attention remained focused on the bullies. One of the bullies was now screaming and clutching his unnaturally bent arm. Another was on the ground, clutching his knee. The others slowly backed away.

“Mess with my friends and this is what happens!” she said.

I’m useless…I can’t defend myself. Ilyana always has to do this for me. Why? Why can’t I do anything? Grandma’s always doing something. Mom and Dad did something. What about me?

He couldn’t keep up with how fast everything was moving. At times, it felt like he was just in Russia. Grandma driving him to Uncle Vasily’s house to meet Ilyana felt like yesterday. He still remembered that day clearly. Ilyana had walked up to him and held out her hand.

“I’m Ilyana,” she had said, “Who are you?”

“Friedrich,” Friedrich said, slightly red, “Nice to meet you.”

“We’re going to fight the dragon of darkness.” She didn’t even ask. It was a statement of fact, and it might as well have been.

“You play that game too?”

“Yes, but…nobody wants to play with me. You will play with me.”

“Sure,” Friedrich had said, “I’ll play with you.”

Ilyana had lit up. “Yay! Thank you!”

That particular game ended horribly for Friedrich because Ilyana played too aggressively and fast compared to him. But he couldn’t deny it was fun.

I want to go back to that…I want to go home…

Julian’s residence

This was not part of the plan. Julian hadn’t expected Mozaffar to make his move so soon. He had hoped to have a couple more weeks before this happened. But had he miscalculated? He had operated on the assumption that Mozaffar didn’t want to harm his political prospects with a high profile deportation campaign that would surely be unpopular within certain demographics. But what if this stunt was supposed to help his campaign, by creating an enemy to rally against? Fear was a great motivator, after all. Oh well. It couldn’t be helped now. Fortunately, Julian’s plan was flexible. He could move his schedule up. The main issue was staying in the country after all of the Romans had left. That had been dealt with. He would blend in among the students of Isfahan Tech. Noor knew someone at the school who could make false IDs and inserted him into the system. Perhaps Julian could call on her services to get him or Angelica into government networks. But that was for later.

Angelica walked in through the door. “Good news, Julian. The Isfahan Teachers Union has agreed to the plan.”

“Excellent,” Julian said, “Has the Restaurant Owners Association responded to my request?”

“Not yet, but some of the owners sound like they’ll come onboard. I’ve also reached out to the student body of the University of Art, but we’ll have to wait a bit for a response.”

“Good. In the meantime, we should focus our efforts on the Chamber of Commerce.”

“Hey, Tani!” Angelica called behind her. “You talk to the river patrol people yet?”

Tania walked in. “Yeah, I did. They’re pissed because they’ll have ten times as many smugglers to arrest.”

“Guess not every Persian’s been swayed by Mozaffar,” Julian said, “Just as I predicted.”

“Anyways, what’s the deal here with all these organizations you want to reach out to?” Tania asked. “I doubt there’s anything in common between the teachers’ union, the chamber of commerce, art students, and the river patrol.”

“Exactly,” Julian said.

“…exactly?”

“They have very little in common,” Julian explained, “That is the reason I contacted them all. Nothing in common, yet if you put them together, you cover much of Isfahan, socially and geographically. As for what I intend to do with that…I think you can already figure it out.”

“There’s also another matter I’d like to discuss,” Angelica said, “Alex Humboldt.”

“You want me to smuggle him out of the country?” Julian said. “That can be arranged.”

“Not him,” Angelica said, “Thea Tesla.”

Oh, right. “That could be a problem.”

“You don’t want to do it?”

“Oh, no, of course I do. It’s just that in her current condition, it would be difficult to move her. And there won’t be medical facilities where we’re going.”

“We’re bringing August, though,” Tania said.

“August’s and whatever field medics Börte has won’t be enough,” Angelica said, “Thea will have to remain in a hospital for the next few weeks.”

“Where she could be locked away like they did to Wilhelmina and Gunduz?” Tania said. “What’s worse, she could be used as a hostage to force Alex, Alexandra, and Magnus to do whatever Mozaffar wants. Make him war machines to not just win the war but to silence dissent. Remember how Alex told us about his uncle Tobias?”

“Yes, yes, I remember the story about Tobias,” Julian said, “I don’t want Thea to become a political pawn. Too many of us have been caught up in Mozaffar’s game. If anybody’s going to be sacrificed, it’ll be me.”

“If you’re staying, I will too,” Angelica said, “Eva told me to look out for you, so I will.”

“I’ll do what I can to get Thea out,” Julian said, “We’ll worry about her treatment later. For now, what matters is getting her out of Mozaffar’s clutches. We have time before the University of Art and the restaurant association get back to us. Let’s find a way of moving Thea.”

---

Splitting this one into two to give myself some more time to resume writing since I am still having trouble with the next batch and things are still busy.

• 2Like
Reactions:
With half of the Artesh focused on relocating the Roman refugees and leaving Operation Huma exposed to a counterattack, I think we can agree that Persia has shoot themselves in the war with their xenophobia and have handed the war over to Jerusalem and China. I'm interested in seeing what Mozaffar really thinks about all this through, as I imagine he's just as unhappy with this turn of events as the Romans are, and I assume it was the Majlis themselves that ordered this deportation and not Mozaffar.

With our recent discussions lately, I imagine those being oppressed by Jerusalem in its own borders wouldn't welcome the loyalists either due to anti-German sentiment either sadly, especially in the Middle East where the loyalists are stopping at Baghdad before going to Yavidi.

With half of the Artesh focused on relocating the Roman refugees and leaving Operation Huma exposed to a counterattack, I think we can agree that Persia has shoot themselves in the war with their xenophobia and have handed the war over to Jerusalem and China.
Good thing Jerusalem is equally as incompetent right now, what with Moria's gamer moments.
I'm interested in seeing what Mozaffar really thinks about all this through, as I imagine he's just as unhappy with this turn of events as the Romans are, and I assume it was the Majlis themselves that ordered this deportation and not Mozaffar.
We'll see his POV and side of the story at the end of this story batch.
With our recent discussions lately, I imagine those being oppressed by Jerusalem in its own borders wouldn't welcome the loyalists either due to anti-German sentiment either sadly, especially in the Middle East where the loyalists are stopping at Baghdad before going to Yavidi.
I haven't mentioned that at all in this batch (due to not considering it when I wrote it), but yeah, there definitely would be substantial opposition to the loyalists in Mesopotamia at the moment . In addition, the terrain and infrastructure is no longer ideal for resettlement due to years of neglect and intentional sabotage, so it's not like the loyalists would have stayed anyways.

As an aside, Mesopotamia was originally one among many ideas for where the loyalists would go, but I decided against it due to the reasons I mentioned in the chapter...as well as other upcoming events.

People who live in the city of Rome: "Amateurs"
Anatolia (except The places of the og anatolian Greek city states, including Troy, + Trebizond): You Germans still want to be Romans, Greece? Whatever fake Greeks! Welcome to our new capital, IAthens!!! We will return to Greece and kill all foreigners in there!!!

Last edited:
Poor Friedrich. A lot on that boy's mind.

Poor Friedrich. A lot on that boy's mind.
Originally, that segment was supposed to continue with Friedrich completely retreating into a dream world and nearly completely dissociating from reality, but I decided that was going too far for this poor boy.

Reactions:
Being Fredreich is suffering nowadays, parents dead, grandma's MIA after that whole debacle, poor kid's losing his mind and Ilyana's pretty much his only morality animal left. Also it's good to see not every Persian is swayed by nationalism, even if the majority are, goes to show that there's still those who didn't buy into the bullshit and were still willing to help the Romans out. Because oh boy, they're gonna need all the help the can get, especially if this deportation gig seriously affects the military operations, but it's like I said, Persia made their bed, now let them lie on it.

Btw @CaptainAlvious I've skimed through the Hongwu Emperor's wikipedia page and I definitely will see parts of his life coincide with that of Hymn's protagonist as my initial draft starts with him being an imporvished noble already, almost close to a commoner due to his family having failed in an attempt power grab, think like the aftermath of what happened to House Stark post Red Wedding, but with the protag's family too stubborn to die. Initially it would begin with the protag out in what used to be a ruined palace near the Five Forts where his story begins ala Luke Skywalker style. And where his adventure would eventually take him to Leng, then Asshai before that big Euron Greyjoy invasion on Asshai-By-The-Shadow (which as I put in my first ASOIAF bit is where the capital of the Great Empire of the Dawn used to be).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Originally, that segment was supposed to continue with Friedrich completely retreating into a dream world and nearly completely dissociating from reality, but I decided that was going too far for this poor boy.
Damn, Fredrich’s live is literally Omori at this point, poor kid. Him and Illyana need a therapy lesson, hope they grow to be stable adults.
Btw @CaptainAlvious I've skimed through the Hongwu Emperor's wikipedia page and I definitely will see parts of his life coincide with that of Hymn's protagonist as my initial draft starts with him being an imporvished noble already, almost close to a commoner due to his family having failed in an attempt power grab, think like the aftermath of what happened to House Stark post Red Wedding, but with the protag's family too stubborn to die. Initially it would begin with the protag out in what used to be a ruined palace near the Five Forts where his story begins ala Luke Skywalker style. And where his adventure would eventually take him to Leng, then Asshai before that big Euron Greyjoy invasion on Asshai-By-The-Shadow (which as I put in my first ASOIAF bit is where the capital of the Great Empire of the Dawn used to be).
That sounds interesting. I also remember you saying before you’ll have Euron go up against a Zheng He like figure, so perhaps the hymn protag and the Zheng He like admiral would be an Octavian-Agrippa eqsue duo, with the former as a shrewd politician and statesmen and the latter as a skilled military strategist. I could also see him having sympathy for Daenerys’ ideals and cast himself as a liberator for the common people against corrupt nobility, combined with an ends justify the means mindset later on.

Being Fredreich is suffering nowadays, parents dead, grandma's MIA after that whole debacle, poor kid's losing his mind and Ilyana's pretty much his only morality animal left.
And Ilyana herself isn't exactly well adjusted either...
Also it's good to see not every Persian is swayed by nationalism, even if the majority are, goes to show that there's still those who didn't buy into the bullshit and were still willing to help the Romans out. Because oh boy, they're gonna need all the help the can get, especially if this deportation gig seriously affects the military operations, but it's like I said, Persia made their bed, now let them lie on it.
Persia's lucky its main enemies are either far away (for the most part) or even more incompetent right now, otherwise Isfahan would be on fire again.
Damn, Fredrich’s live is literally Omori at this point, poor kid. Him and Illyana need a therapy lesson, hope they grow to be stable adults.
That actually was inspired by Omori, but I thought you guys wouldn't get the reference so I didn't mention it earlier, and I decided Friedrich's arc shouldn't be as depressing and terrifying as what happens in that game. if you know, you know

Just a heads up, I'm going to go on vacation for a week starting on Saturday. I'll post the next chapter when I get back.

Reactions:
Enjoy yourself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just so you guys know, I have updated the YMMV in True Tropes to include blatant Values Dissonance!

Reactions:
Just a heads up, I'm going to go on vacation for a week starting on Saturday. I'll post the next chapter when I get back.
Hope you enjoy your vacation. Oddly enough, I will also be going on a vacation around the same time.

A part of me is wondering if the Icelandic Commonwealth would've been dissolved when it was integrated into Scandinavia or if it would still continue to exist within in like the Reich's merchant republics. Either way, I could see the Kantian Corporate Republic comparing itself itself to the commonwealth and considering itself its successor to derive legitimacy for their government.

Another medieval state that could be interesting to talk about in the 11th century arc would be the Qarmatians, although they would be on their death throws by 1066 and thus probably wouldn't be able to fight the Reich that much.
I haven't mentioned that at all in this batch (due to not considering it when I wrote it), but yeah, there definitely would be substantial opposition to the loyalists in Mesopotamia at the moment . In addition, the terrain and infrastructure is no longer ideal for resettlement due to years of neglect and intentional sabotage, so it's not like the loyalists would have stayed anyways.
This brings to mind another problem as well I thought of. If the loyalists somehow rule over the Reich after Jerusalem falls, they are essentially going to be ruling over a third world country, with large swaths of industry and potential labor destroyed, not to mention it being discredited in global opinion meaning that country wanting trade with the Reich and align more China economically and militarily, it would be an enormous task to keep the Reich together by that point with severe braindrain and reduced industry. I don't think there can be an economic miracle to save this mess in ten years, more like several decades assuming the Reich doesn't collapse entirely, which is plausible. Either way, the days of the Reich as a global super power are most likely over, as its economic, cultural, and military reach will be erased thanks to Jerusalem.
Just so you guys know, I have updated the YMMV in True Tropes to include blatant Values Dissonance!
That's nice. I still think we should update the actual TV tropes page through. It's been a while since that's been updated.

A part of me is wondering if the Icelandic Commonwealth would've been dissolved when it was integrated into Scandinavia or if it would still continue to exist within in like the Reich's merchant republics. Either way, I could see the Kantian Corporate Republic comparing itself itself to the commonwealth and considering itself its successor to derive legitimacy for their government.
Probably integrated into Scandinavia with limited autonomy and its institutions going on to inspire later Scandinavian ones.
Another medieval state that could be interesting to talk about in the 11th century arc would be the Qarmatians, although they would be on their death throws by 1066 and thus probably wouldn't be able to fight the Reich that much.
Yeah, I don’t think they’d be a relevant power at all.
This brings to mind another problem as well I thought of. If the loyalists somehow rule over the Reich after Jerusalem falls, they are essentially going to be ruling over a third world country, with large swaths of industry and potential labor destroyed, not to mention it being discredited in global opinion meaning that country wanting trade with the Reich and align more China economically and militarily, it would be an enormous task to keep the Reich together by that point with severe braindrain and reduced industry. I don't think there can be an economic miracle to save this mess in ten years, more like several decades assuming the Reich doesn't collapse entirely, which is plausible. Either way, the days of the Reich as a global super power are most likely over, as its economic, cultural, and military reach will be erased thanks to Jerusalem
There’s no going back go how things were before, that’s for sure.
That's nice. I still think we should update the actual TV tropes page through. It's been a while since that's been updated.
I’d appreciate that.

This brings to mind another problem as well I thought of. If the loyalists somehow rule over the Reich after Jerusalem falls, they are essentially going to be ruling over a third world country, with large swaths of industry and potential labor destroyed, not to mention it being discredited in global opinion meaning that country wanting trade with the Reich and align more China economically and militarily, it would be an enormous task to keep the Reich together by that point with severe braindrain and reduced industry. I don't think there can be an economic miracle to save this mess in ten years, more like several decades assuming the Reich doesn't collapse entirely, which is plausible. Either way, the days of the Reich as a global super power are most likely over, as its economic, cultural, and military reach will be erased thanks to Jerusalem.

It depends on how much damage Jerusalem brings upon the world and how much nations Jerusalem annexes. If Jerusalem annexes most of the nations that the Loyalists then annex due to them being the new administration, then the remaining nations won’t be able to make it collapse due to a too big to fail scenario. After all, Jerusalem is Zigzagging/Playing With both the Repressive but Efficient and Fascist but Ineficient all at the same time.They could still turn the Reich into a chunky piggy bank tho…

You do TV tropes. You can grab the tropes in true tropes that aren’t in TV tropes and add them there. I will add more tropes that fit the Hohenzollern Empire in True tropes in the meantime!

Also check out the new trope I propose!

Refuge in Audacity Jerusalem as a whole is a fan of this tactic as well as Crazy enough to work

• Most people claimed that Jerusalem would take Russia in 1 month. Jerusalem claimed it counld do it in two weeks, despite it's leadership is even more incompetent than the freaking Angeloi! Despite everything, that's exactly what happened, to Jerusalem's generals and the world's surprise.
  • Josh's plan to get rid of Olga Kirova. Get a lot of soldiers to tire her out, and then blow up a truck and an airplane in front of her, weakening her so that Josh can knock her out while fighting her. Y'know cause Jerusalem is superior to Russia lmao. Josh didn't actually believe that the plan will work, but did it anyways cause Jerusalemite Propoganda made him believe that Good Is Dumb, that "A Good Soldier Follows Orders", and that He is "Good". Not only did that plan work, but it worked BETTER THAN EXPECTED, as the blast itself was too much for Olga to handle, knocking her out. Also fits in with Crazy Enough to Work.

Last edited:
It depends on how much damage Jerusalem brings upon the world and how much nations Jerusalem annexes. If Jerusalem annexes most of the nations that the Loyalists then annex due to them being the new administration, then the remaining nations won’t be able to make it collapse due to a too big to fail scenario.
Only if Jerusalem successfully genocides the majority of their populations, which is logistically and physically impossible with Jerusalem’s current resources. Not to mention it would only galvanize resistance forces further, which ties up more troops in occupation duty and counterinsurgency. At some point, Jerusalem’s army won’t be enough to both hold its occupied lands and conquer new ones.
You do TV tropes. You can grab the tropes in true tropes that aren’t in TV tropes and add them there. I will add more tropes that fit the Hohenzollern Empire in True tropes in the meantime!
Knock yourselves out. I think the page hasn’t been updated for events after the Yavdian bunker assault. Lots of existing tropes could be updated with the post-bunker content.

Only if Jerusalem successfully genocides the majority of their populations, which is logistically and physically impossible with Jerusalem’s current resources. Not to mention it would only galvanize resistance forces further, which ties up more troops in occupation duty and counterinsurgency. At some point, Jerusalem’s army won’t be enough to both hold its occupied lands and conquer new ones.

Knock yourselves out. I think the page hasn’t been updated for events after the Yavdian bunker assault. Lots of existing tropes could be updated with the post-bunker content.
Thanks ☺️

In the meantime…

Second American Civil War: Or rather, Second Eimerican Civil War. The Fox had their own Civil War. Their first civil war lasted for 1 month, and it was against a city. The city, Lenape seceded from Fox and did so for 1 month, until it eventually fell. After World War 1 ended, Fox was in disarray, and fell into chaos. As a result, a second civil war erupted and as a result, Fox balkanized and became Equalist.

Kaiserreich: The Reich is led by the Kaiser, and this reich has elements of the Byzantine Empire and Imperial Germany. Taken further in 2018 when Kaiser Otto dies. Kaiser Wilhelm takes his place and Kaiser Wilhelm changes the government type from Meritocratic Monarchy to "Kaiserreich"!

Last edited: