The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since you said you have notes for how the Sigmaringens became rulers of France, I wonder if you have any notes for how the Habsburgs got the non Austrian domains they got, like Poland, Frisia and Lothringia, and how it would play into future events like Gunhilda's appearance in the historical record? I imagine their involvement in the Investiture controversy between the pope and Henrich IV would have something to do with it. IIRC, earlier parts of this AAR said that the Habsburgs also briefly held some land in the Balkans and Hungary too, but the Aprads and Magyar nobles got back the latter (through I'm pretty sure that's been retconned since then) while there's not much information about who owns Illyria, through I like to think the situation in the Balkans throughout this megacampaign is mostly Greek and German nobles ruling over a rebellious south Slavic majorities turned minorities with a slight streak towards embracing heretic movements after the Fifty Years War. Come to think of it, House Salian becoming the rulers of Venice and Bulgaria is pretty weird too.
I mean in OTL the Habsburgs ruled Austria, Hungary, Milan, Naples, Sardinia, the low countries, Spain, and Portugal along with being Holy Roman Emperors and all of their land in the "New World" so it is not inconceivable that they ruled areas like Poland, Frisia and Lothringia in TTL. However it would be interesting to see how they got to rule those areas in TTL.

Also since we are talking about bringing more depth to older parts of the lore such as the two Fredrichs I was wondering if during WW2 the Angeloi or the Indian Raj used foreign troops like the SS did in OTL such as the 33rd Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS Charlemagne, Norwegian Legion, and Russian Liberation Army and if the minorities that collaborated with the enemy for things like food and better living conditions are still discriminated against in the present due to that?

Some examples in TTL that I can see are the Indians during WW2 create something like the Turkestan Legion a force made up of people from Central Asia and send the Angeloi an expeditionary force to fight for them in Europe like the Indian Legion and Blue Division.

Since you said you have notes for how the Sigmaringens became rulers of France, I wonder if you have any notes for how the Habsburgs got the non Austrian domains they got, like Poland, Frisia and Lothringia, and how it would play into future events like Gunhilda's appearance in the historical record? I imagine their involvement in the Investiture controversy between the pope and Henrich IV would have something to do with it. IIRC, earlier parts of this AAR said that the Habsburgs also briefly held some land in the Balkans and Hungary too, but the Aprads and Magyar nobles got back the latter (through I'm pretty sure that's been retconned since then) while there's not much information about who owns Illyria, through I like to think the situation in the Balkans throughout this megacampaign is mostly Greek and German nobles ruling over a rebellious south Slavic majorities turned minorities with a slight streak towards embracing heretic movements after the Fifty Years War. Come to think of it, House Salian becoming the rulers of Venice and Bulgaria is pretty weird too.
Haven't focused too much on the Habsburg domains at the moment, as the notes primarily focus on Friedrich the Great and the other characters I mentioned. They probably received their domains as gifts from Friedrich the Great through Ida. Frisia and Lotharingia would be easier to administer as the Habsburgs would be placed over the local dukes and counts as new viceroys for Berlin's convenience. As for Poland, in 1066 it was a duchy with a lot of internal issues and an anti-German monarchy eager to get the Pope's favor, and it sided with the Pope in the controversy. Maybe I could make use of that in explaining how the Habsburgs ended up running a Polish kingdom.

Yeah I think I'll retcon the Balkan and Hungarian Habsburg domains. I want to talk about the (Arpad) King of Hungary in 1066, and funny enough his story is very closely tied to those of the HRE and Poland through the controversy.

For Illyria, I really don't know what to do. I'll have to look into the save file to see who was the most powerful ruler there after the HRE and Byzantium expanded.

Pretty sure the Salians are still rulers in Bulgaria.
There's also the matter of the arrival of other groups to Hispania like the Normans and Malians in Portugal after the conquest of Hispania that's bound to have an affect on the situation there and the unification of the Hispanic Christians, as well as the growth of the Sephardic Jewish community into a plurality in eastern regions like Catalonia right next to the Basques and France.
That's going to be a mess to talk about. I admit the me of 5-6 years ago went crazy with the console.
I mean in OTL the Habsburgs ruled Austria, Hungary, Milan, Naples, Sardinia, the low countries, Spain, and Portugal along with being Holy Roman Emperors and all of their land in the "New World" so it is not inconceivable that they ruled areas like Poland, Frisia and Lothringia in TTL. However it would be interesting to see how they got to rule those areas in TTL.
That was more independent but diplomatically aligned rulers who were Habsburgs. It wasn't like the main line of Habsburg Holy Roman Emperors also ruled all those territories.
Also since we are talking about bringing more depth to older parts of the lore such as the two Fredrichs I was wondering if during WW2 the Angeloi or the Indian Raj used foreign troops like the SS did in OTL such as the 33rd Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS Charlemagne, Norwegian Legion, and Russian Liberation Army and if the minorities that collaborated with the enemy for things like food and better living conditions are still discriminated against in the present due to that?
Probably but I don't think I'm going to focus on those yet. I don't have major plans for WW2 reworking as I want to focus on even older content that really needs the development first, like the 11th-12th century.
Some examples in TTL that I can see are the Indians during WW2 create something like the Turkestan Legion a force made up of people from Central Asia and send the Angeloi an expeditionary force to fight for them in Europe like the Indian Legion and Blue Division.
Would be interesting. That could explain the random non-Angeloi Axis units I kept running into in Europe.

Reactions:
As for Poland, in 1066 it was a duchy with a lot of internal issues and an anti-German monarchy eager to get the Pope's favor, and it sided with the Pope in the controversy. Maybe I could make use of that in explaining how the Habsburgs ended up running a Polish kingdom.

Yeah I think I'll retcon the Balkan and Hungarian Habsburg domains. I want to talk about the (Arpad) King of Hungary in 1066, and funny enough his story is very closely tied to those of the HRE and Poland through the controversy.
Probably didn't help that both Poland and Hungary converted to Christianity relatively recently and Poland still had large Pagan communities by that time from what I see, especially after the fear and zeal that's likely to engulf the Christian world during the early years of the Pagan Resurgence. Thankfuly, said zeal did die down enough for non Christians to be tolerated to some degree when the Reich was restored and allowed the early seeds of Romanitas to form, even if did persist somewhat during Fredrich the Glorious and Saint Wilhelmina's reigns, but there was still Saint Gunhilda to lead them back to the right track eventually.
Probably but I don't think I'm going to focus on those yet. I don't have major plans for WW2 reworking as I want to focus on even older content that really needs the development first, like the 11th-12th century.
I'm looking forward to that. Any other time periods you're thinking of covering as well? The Thirteenth Century seems like a good era to revisit, since you've dropped hints of the Worm's Cult being involved in that during discussions and it would be fitting to revisit the era that this AAR began in. Plus it might be good to provide more characterization to Oculi Actal and the trio that opposed him. I personally think Beathan of Tavira and Caliph Hakam deserve it. While we are talking about old plot points from Ck2, you have ideas for what you want to do you with the giant Mecha and robotic dragon? I personally figured they'd be left over technology from the Ancient humanity era as that might flesh out their civilization more, through I suppose the Jotun/Vanir would fit them as well.

Last edited:
Probably didn't help that both Poland and Hungary converted to Christianity relatively recently and Poland still had large Pagan communities by that time from what I see, especially after the fear and zeal that's likely to engulf the Christian world during the early years of the Pagan Resurgence. Thankfuly, said zeal did die down enough for non Christians to be tolerated to some degree when the Reich was restored and allowed the early seeds of Romanitas to form, even if did persist somewhat during Fredrich the Glorious and Saint Wilhelmina's reigns, but there was still Saint Gunhilda to lead them back to the right track eventually.
Poland in 1066 was in a very delicate situation. Thirty years earlier, the Piasts had lost a war with the HRE which downgraded their title to a duchy, and they were struggling to both consolidate power and get back their royal title (which they had only had for 6 years). There were some rebellions from the nobility as they feared the monarchy was getting too powerful. Such decentralization would continue for another three hundred years. Even in real life, there was still substantial pagan influence in 1066 Poland, as it had only begun Christianizing 60 years earlier. There was a major pagan rebellion in the 1030s as well which led to an almost complete breakdown of central authority. Thirty years later, the Pagan Resurgence could lead to an even more powerful pagan rebellion which saw a permanent revival of Slavic paganism, and the Piasts would desperately attempt to "convert" back to maintain political power, at the cost of losing the backing of the Catholic Church, which would open them up to Friedrich invading and installing the Habsburgs.
I'm looking forward to that. Any other time periods you're thinking of covering as well? The Thirteenth Century seems like a good era to revisit, since you've dropped hints of the Worm's Cult being involved in that during discussions and it would be fitting to revisit the era that this AAR began in. Plus it might be good to provide more characterization to Oculi Actal and the trio that opposed him. I personally think Beathan of Tavira and Caliph Hakam deserve it. While we are talking about old plot points from Ck2, you have ideas for what you want to do you with the giant Mecha and robotic dragon? I personally figured they'd be left over technology from the Ancient humanity era as that might flesh out their civilization more, through I suppose the Jotun/Vanir would fit them as well.
I'm definitely thinking of covering the 12th and 13th centuries, particularly the Sunset Invasion, maybe some later ones as well. Last night I was also thinking of fleshing out some of the early EU4 rulers who were dabbling in magic on the story side but had their arcs dropped.

The current idea is the robot dragon might be tied to the ancient humans, but I'm not so sure yet and I don't think I can explain it in a flashback since its appearance was one and done. The giant mecha is different because I don't think the ancient humans have a reason to build such a giant slow moving robot. I'm still thinking about these.

Reactions:
God is Love

Saarbrücken - October 2

Josiah got out of his car and went into the building. It was formerly a school. Although the letters had been taken down, he could still make out the name from the clean spots on the wall the letters once were at: Wolfgang Ludendorff High School. Ferdinand waited inside in the hallway, wearing his Sunday best.

“Hello, Colonel Gaillard,” Josiah said.

“Professor Burkard, you’ve made it just in time,” Ferdinand said, “Thank you for coming today. I’m a big fan of your work, sir. Especially your book On the Brink of Collapse.”

“Oh, that one,” Josiah said, “I’m more partial to Problematic Populism, these days.”

“I tried reading that one,” Ferdinand said, “It was too…how should I say this…intellectual, for someone like me.”

“I totally understand,” Josiah said, “Not everybody can understand that book.”

“Still, that book really got me inspired,” Ferdinand said.

“I hear you started a chapter of the Shepherds’ Brotherhood here in Saarbrücken twenty years ago,” Josiah said, “I take it my book inspired you?”

“After reading the book, I was newly motivated to take action,” Ferdinand said, “But I had nobody to share my thoughts with. The party cartel had gotten into the minds of all of my friends and family in those years…they all censored and cancelled me like I was some lunatic. But then I went on Dikastirio, and there was this huge group there. Everyone there had similar experiences, similar feelings on the current situation, and a similar desire to do something about it.”

“It’s nice how the Internet can bring people together,” Josiah said.

“I guess I really wanted to get into the Brotherhood to help the kids in my area,” Ferdinand said, “I grew up in this city. Watched it die after the party cartel enforced the globalist agenda on us and the coal mines dried up. Many of the kids here didn’t have good homes. Their families were sinful, if they had any. Many of them joined gangs. I wanted to help them get away from those sinful families and bloodthirsty gangs and into a better way of life.”

“You must be proud of Jerusalem’s achievements,” Josiah said.

“Definitely,” Ferdinand said, “We are making this country a better place to live in.”

“Glad to hear it,” Josiah said, “But, uh...mind telling me what this is? Nobody told me any details on the way here.”

“Today’s event was inspired by your teachings,” Ferdinand said, “And it’s dedicated to all of those in the local chapter who struggled hard to clean up the city.”

They walked down the hallway and rounded a corner.

“Isn’t the auditorium the other way?” Josiah said.

“Trust me on this one,” Ferdinand said.

They continued walking.

“I’m wondering,” Josiah said, “Your last name…Gaillard. It sounds French.”

Ferdinand’s face tensed up before hardening in a scowl.

“Professor, my last name merely only sounds French, and I have been a redblooded German patriot in all things my entire life, unlike the rest of my family who did the opposite,” Ferdinand said, “I would appreciate it if you don’t associate me with those filth. We’ve done everything we can to bring stability, order, and safety to Gallia, but those FLM terrorists constantly threaten to undo all of our hard work.”

“I thought we eliminated all of them after Christmas,” Josiah said.

“That’s the official story, yes, but on the ground, we would really like some more help,” Ferdinand said, “I’ve heard rumors of raids on our camps in Gallia.”

“I’ll see what I can do,” Josiah said.

They reached their destination, a swimming pool. Others had already gathered in the stands, dressed in their Sunday finest. A priest stood at the head of the pool, while Crusaders stood around a raised diving platform.

“What is this?” Josiah said.

“You said it yourself, didn’t you?” Ferdinand said. “‘To reverse the impending collapse, we must purify the state of elements impeding or working against it’. On the Brink of Collapse. This is what we’re doing. Reinstaat.”

The priest noticed Josiah and walked over.

“Hello, Professor Burkard,” he said, “It’s an honor to welcome you here today.”

“Honor’s all mine,” Josiah said.

“Since you’re finally here, I think we can get started,” the priest said, “We reserved the best seat for you.”

“Of course.” Josiah sat down.

The priest returned to the head of the pool and raised his hands.

“Welcome, faithful of Saarbrücken,” he said, “Today we are here to purify the sins of the tainted city, once again. Crusaders, please bring in the accused.”

Two people—a man and a girl—were dragged into the room by the Crusaders. The man was wearing what looked like a Crusader uniform, which had been torn and wrinkled. He looked to be in his thirties. The girl wore a long black dress. She looked to be in her early teens.

“The good Lord Almighty said, ‘when thou passest through the waters, I shall be with thee’,” the priest recited, “‘And through the river, they shall not overflow thee. When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee’. The accused—Captain Klaus Mittelman and Agnes Gaillard—have been found guilty of adultery in violation of the Book of Exodus, chapter 20, verse 14. The sentence is death, as laid out in the Book of Leviticus, chapter 20, verse 10.”

Gaillard…the same last name as Ferdinand. Josiah turned to Ferdinand in shock. But Ferdinand’s expression hadn’t changed.

“Yes, that’s my daughter,” Ferdinand said, “And that’s also my former second-in-command. What of it?”

“By the law of God and His humble servants on Earth, they are sentenced to the common mercy of the state,” the priest said, “Out of God’s infinite mercy, we give the accused one last chance to confess their sins and repent. For God is just and will forgive his wayward sheep. Repent, and be cleansed of darkness. Renounce your sins and plead for His mercy.”

“No,” Agnes said.

Ferdinand clenched his fists.

“What was that?” the priest said.

“No,” Agnes said, “I refuse to renounce something that is not a sin.”

“You are in clear violation of divine law!” the priest said.

“It is not a sin to love,” Agnes said, “I was forced into a loveless marriage by my own father…at the age of thirteen! Can you imagine how much I suffered these last two years since then? Klaus understands me, though. He encouraged me. He helped me read through the Bible and learn the truth of His word. And you know what the truth is?”

“Silence, heretic wench!” the priest said. “Women are forbidden from reading!”

“The truth is Christ himself would not have stood for this!” Agnes said. “He just wanted everyone to be kind to each other! Love thy neighbor, he said. He died for our sins so we didn’t have to resort to the old vengeful ways! The ways we’re bringing back now! Christ would have wanted us all to find love in our own way. Like I did!”

“Enough!” the priest said. “Carry out the sentence! In His name, by His hand!”

The Crusaders slapped heavy chains onto Klaus and Agnes’ legs. They forced them them onto the diving platform, high above the deep end. Still holding the other end of the chains, they attached the chains to bowling balls.

“Dear friends!” Agnes said. “The apostle John once said, let us love one another, for love comes from God.”

“In the name of the Lord, deliver these lost souls to justice!” the priest said.

“Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God,” Agnes continued, “Whoever does not love does not know God—”

The Crusaders tossed the bowling balls into the pool. The balls quickly sank, pulling down the chains with them and dragging Klaus and Agnes into the pool.

“Because God is love!” Agnes declared, before her head went into the water.

Josiah watched the two of them struggle to raise their heads above water, but it was useless, as the chain lengths had been perfectly set so that the tops of their heads would just barely not reach the water’s surface. After several seconds, both of them went limp. Josiah turned to Ferdinand, who still had the same expression through the whole event.

“Whare are your thoughts on this matter?” Josiah said.

“My daughter was hiding a multitude of sins.” Ferdinand said.

“She was only fifteen!” Josiah said.

“She should have known better than to be sinful, then,” Ferdinand said.

“She was trying to understand God!” Josiah said.

“Well, she did it wrong,” Ferdinand said, “Do you think I did all this lightly? Agnes was my only child. The light of my life. I had such high hopes for her.”

“Who turned her in?” Josiah said.

“I did,” Ferdinand said, “I saw Klaus in my house and immediately knew. I called the Home Guardians instantly and performed the arrest myself.”

“You…arrested your own daughter,” Josiah said.

“It is rare for people to have this much faith,” Ferdinand said, “To arrest their own kin. It is something I pride myself over.”

“…well, it is rare, indeed,” Josiah said, “I must…agree…on that.”

“I hope this has been an enjoyable experience for you,” Ferdinand said.

“It…it was…” Josiah said, “God…bless you…for your devotion. You are a true Crusader.”

“Thank you,” Ferdinand said, “It means a lot coming from you.”

“May God give you strength during this time of mourning,” Josiah said.

“Thank you for the sentiment, Professor, but you forgot one thing,” Ferdinand said, “I don’t mourn the death of heretics. They get exactly what they deserve.”

• 1Like
Reactions:
Welp, there goes Klaus, good riddance to him. What you said before about vultures eating other vultures when the roadkill runs out is really starting to be demonstrated more and more. Something tells me Josiah will be on the receiving end of that reality sooner or later since he didn’t like what he saw here. It’s only a matter of time before Jerusalem cannaiizes itself, we just have to hope it doesn’t take too much of the Reich with it when it does fall. I do respect Agnes for standing up for what she believed in tho, particularly for standing up to her horrible father before dying.

Welp, there goes Klaus, good riddance to him. What you said before about vultures eating other vultures when the roadkill runs out is really starting to be demonstrated more and more. Something tells me Josiah will be on the receiving end of that reality sooner or later since he didn’t like what he saw here. It’s only a matter of time before Jerusalem cannaiizes itself, we just have to hope it doesn’t take too much of the Reich with it when it does fall. I do respect Agnes for standing up for what she believed in tho, particularly for standing up to her horrible father before dying.
something something leopards ate my face

“You…arrested your own daughter,” Josiah said.

“It is rare for people to have this much faith,” Ferdinand said, “To arrest their own kin. It is something I pride myself over.”

“…well, it is rare, indeed,” Josiah said, “I must…agree…on that.”

“I hope this has been an enjoyable experience for you,” Ferdinand said.

“It…it was…” Josiah said, “God…bless you…for your devotion. You are a true Crusader.”

“Thank you,” Ferdinand said, “It means a lot coming from you.”

“May God give you strength during this time of mourning,” Josiah said.

“Thank you for the sentiment, Professor, but you forgot one thing,” Ferdinand said, “I don’t mourn the death of heretics. They get exactly what they deserve.”
Josiah is starting to reap what he has been sowing. Due to his apparent feelings on this event I fell this triumvirate will sooner or later become a two man rule between Elias and Theodor.

Also I nearly had a panic attack because I thought Agnes Gaillard was Khulan. It still is sad though that someone would do this to a fellow family member. Since it is not maybe Khulan could be more like Esther Keyes since Josh is nothing like Nick?

For those who do not remember who Esther Keyes is.
Esther Keyes was the child bride to Commander Keyes who due to his age was not able to produce a child so he let his associates rape her. Esther would join the resistance and would slowly poison Commander Keyes with nightshade causing him to become senile. When June and her group meet Esther one of her rapist trespass on the Keyes farm so he is strung up and June uses Gilead's laws against him (of being a traitor to his country (the United States) and having raped a child repeatedly) both of which equal a death sentence in Gilead. Later on it is found out that Esther was a part of the resistance and she is made into a Handmade and her “husband” for lack of a better word is presumed killed for letting a woman run things or dies due to the effects of the nightshade poison.

Josiah is starting to reap what he has been sowing. Due to his apparent feelings on this event I fell this triumvirate will sooner or later become a two man rule between Elias and Theodor.
I don't think two man rule will last that long either...
Also I nearly had a panic attack because I thought Agnes Gaillard was Khulan. It still is sad though that someone would do this to a fellow family member. Since it is not maybe Khulan could be more like Esther Keyes since Josh is nothing like Nick?
Funny enough, when I reintroduced Khulan, I initially gave her the name Agnes and forgot that when I then wrote about Agnes Gaillard. I decided to change Khulan's name to something else to avoid confusion. Although both the Khulan scene and this incident come from Eden's story in THT, I always kept the two characters and scenes separate in my outline. Which is ironic since both girls got the same name originally.

I haven't written anything for Khulan lately (relatively; I've been taking a break from writing new content these last couple weeks) aside for one update. I don't feel too comfortable writing about Khulan's situation in general. And Josh spends most of his time on his "work," so fortunately he's away from Khulan a lot of the time. I don't think I'm adapting Esther's story in any case. The most I adapted from the latest season of THT was the Chicago arc which became Bremerhaven/Alençon. After this, I started looking at content from other media. So this may be the last directly THT-influenced story for a while.

I haven't written anything for Khulan lately (relatively; I've been taking a break from writing new content these last couple weeks) aside for one update. I don't feel too comfortable writing about Khulan's situation in general. And Josh spends most of his time on his "work," so fortunately he's away from Khulan a lot of the time. I don't think I'm adapting Esther's story in any case. The most I adapted from the latest season of THT was the Chicago arc which became Bremerhaven/Alençon. After this, I started looking at content from other media. So this may be the last directly THT-influenced story for a while.
Fair enough. Also I know you and @CaptainAlvious were talking about how despite William the Conqueror being defeated by Harald Hardrada in 1066 the Norman Conquest in other regions like Italy still happened. This made me wonder if some of the rework for that time will touch on what happened to House of Normandy and the house that succeeded them the House of Plantagenet and its cadet branches like York and Lancaster?

Fair enough. Also I know you and @CaptainAlvious were talking about how despite William the Conqueror being defeated by Harald Hardrada in 1066 the Norman Conquest in other regions like Italy still happened. This made me wonder if some of the rework for that time will touch on what happened to House of Normandy and the house that succeeded them the House of Plantagenet and its cadet branches like York and Lancaster?
I want to talk about William of Normandy and a bunch of other English, Welsh, Scottish, and Irish characters active during that time, particularly how they reacted to the Pagan Resurgence and Norse conquest. Not sure what to do with the later House of Normandy and the Plantagenets though.

Mabey they could through royal mirages become a cadet branch of the Sigmaringen's in were they rule Normandy while the Sigmaringen's rule the rest of France?
Maybe. There's a lot of room for interpretation.

Do you have a list for non THT media you will be for inspiration, at least general ones if you can't name specific ones?
That seems like an interesting topic to discuss, especially since Britannia hasn’t been ruled by a single noble family but instead has had its viceroyalty rotated around different noble families (including the de Normandie, Godwin, Angevin, and de Bachaumont houses) in what seems to be an elective monarchy system not unlike the system you see in Malaya, Qiandao and Ainu Mosir. I think the Origins of Modernity posts from EU4 even said that Britannia was one of the few provinces in the Reich to have a local diet with any power, which I like to think was a result of the “war of the roses” scandal in EU4. It would also be interesting to see how the Sunset Invasion would‘ve affected the British Isles.

I wonder if you have ideas for EU4 characters like Juie d’Aubigny in mind, particulary how she met Wihelm and became a general in the later half of the 17th century? I did some research into her real life and career as an opera singer, and I must say what I read was absolutely fascinating and buck wild. If you don't mind. I'm considering writing a biographic post of my own to flesh out her character if you don't have any plans for her, through I may have to retcon a bunch of stuff to have it make sense (like her becoming a general in 1680 for example, since she would be a child at that time) and won't be able to discuss her interactions with Wilhelm in a historically grounded post.

Last edited:
That seems like an interesting topic to discuss, especially since Britannia hasn’t been ruled by a single noble family but instead has had its viceroyalty rotated around different noble families (including the de Normandie, Godwin, Angevin, and de Bachaumont houses) in what seems to be an elective monarchy system not unlike the system you see in Malaya, Qiandao and Ainu Mosir. I think the Origins of Modernity posts from EU4 even said that Britannia was one of the few provinces in the Reich to have a local diet with any power, which I like to think was a result of the “war of the roses” scandal in EU4. It would also be interesting to see how the Sunset Invasion would‘ve affected the British Isles.
I fear that the Committee purging any family related to the Hohenzollern's has put a stop the that.

I fear that the Committee purging any family related to the Hohenzollern's has put a stop the that.
What a shame. To be fair through, I don't think the viceroyalty swapping around different noble families depending on what dynatoi faction controlled the local diet would be possible or relevant to local Britannian politics after the Ottonian system was established and took away the political powers of the nobility.

Out of curiosity Zen, what plans do you have for Wilhelm's character arc and his dynamic with Fredrich and the other people he interacts with during your rework of the 11th century?

Last edited:
Do you have a list for non THT media you will be for inspiration, at least general ones if you can't name specific ones?
Legend of Korra is the biggest one, more specifically Book 1 content. I’ve already started ramping that up with the Bremerhaven drone attack coming from Amon's air raid, although like with THT it’s very in general and won’t hew closely to the original content. I’m not going to share the other ones yet.
Interesting, yes. I could explain how this system had its roots in the era immediately after Friedrich the Glorious conquered Britain.
I wonder if you have ideas for EU4 characters like Juie d’Aubigny in mind, particulary how she met Wihelm and became a general in the later half of the 17th century? I did some research into her real life and career as an opera singer, and I must say what I read was absolutely fascinating and buck wild. If you don't mind. I'm considering writing a biographic post of my own to flesh out her character if you don't have any plans for her, through I may have to retcon a bunch of stuff to have it make sense (like her becoming a general in 1680 for example, since she would be a child at that time) and won't be able to discuss her interactions with Wilhelm in a historically grounded post.
Now that you point it out, I could do one-off flashbacks for her and other prominent characters who appeared by event.
But the noble families of Britain are not Hohenzollern cadet branches. They’re completely separate families. They’d still be purged to some degree and the provincial diet shut down, though.
What a shame. To be fair through, I don't think the viceroyalty swapping around different noble families depending on what dynatoi faction controlled the local diet would be possible or relevant to local Britannian politics after the Ottonian system was established and took away the political powers of the nobility.

Out of curiosity Zen, what plans do you have for Wilhelm's character arc and his dynamic with Fredrich and the other people he interacts with during your rework of the 11th century?
After 1945, I imagine the elective viceroyalty became purely ceremonial. The voting could also have been expanded to the public so everyone votes on who the next viceroy would be. This would be independent of the provincial diet which would also have full democratic elections open to the public. Britannia might just be one of the few provinces which retained some political power over its Länder.

Wilhelm’s story is going to be a major focus. I’m thinking of doing an extended 11th century flashback arc mainly from Wilhelm’s point of view starting from right after he’s sent back by Constantine’s sacrifice. Haven’t worked out much else, but I do want to retcon the original CK2 stuff to be more extensive and detailed. Right now my outline is taking cues from Wan and Raava’s dynamic in Legend of Korra Book 2, and I’m using some Persona 3 music to set the mood.

Reactions:
But the noble families of Britain are not Hohenzollern cadet branches. They’re completely separate families. They’d still be purged to some degree and the provincial diet shut down, though.
Funny enough, it was mentioned off handedly in EU4 that Ireland was ruled by a Hohenzollern cadet line, and, as we know, Ireland rebelled against Jerusalem and was nuked, so....

That said, I don't think Celts in Britain, France or Hispania will have a good time either under Jerusalem.

Funny enough, it was mentioned off handedly in EU4 that Ireland was ruled by a Hohenzollern cadet line, and, as we know, Ireland rebelled against Jerusalem and was nuked, so....

That said, I don't think Celts in Britain, France or Hispania will have a good time either under Jerusalem.
I'm going off of CK2 where I put Ireland under rule by the de Bachaumont family, who as far as I know are not related to the Hohenzollerns. I could be wrong.

Celts would probably be purged like other minorities.

I'm going off of CK2 where I put Ireland under rule by the de Bachaumont family, who as far as I know are not related to the Hohenzollerns. I could be wrong.

Celts would probably be purged like other minorities.
Maybe Ireland could have an elective viceroyalty system like Britannia does. I think that could lead to a very interesting Ireland in @GhostRider124's Tianxia scenario, where nobless escaping the Atlantic syndicalist revolutions flee to Ireland and pull it further into the conservative anti Syndicalist camp and increase pro Hohenzollern sentiment.
Wilhelm’s story is going to be a major focus. I’m thinking of doing an extended 11th century flashback arc mainly from Wilhelm’s point of view starting from right after he’s sent back by Constantine’s sacrifice. Haven’t worked out much else, but I do want to retcon the original CK2 stuff to be more extensive and detailed. Right now my outline is taking cues from Wan and Raava’s dynamic in Legend of Korra Book 2, and I’m using some Persona 3 music to set the mood.
I wonder what Sarah's dynamic with Ida would be like and how it would play into Wihelm/Friedrich's story, more specifically how would she react to and allowed Ida affairs' after falling out with Friedrich?

It will be very interesting to see how the Worm play into this era. This might sound weird, but I’ve started getting some Cloud vs Sephroth vibes from Wilhelm and the Worm now, mostly cause Constantine’s fate kind of reminds me somewhat of Zach’s death.

Last edited: