The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about Srivijaya, Ryukyu, Ainu Monsir and the Pacific islands? We haven’t heard much from them, but I imagine they wouldn’t have good relations with the authoritarian nationalists in China, Korea, Japan, Penglai and India.
My internal notes don't go too much into detail, but this is what I have.

Srivijaya - Depends on the member state. The major power alignment factions (pro-China, pro-India, pro-Reich, neutral) effectively broke down when all three major powers went crazy or became useless (in India's case). Realizing no major power is going to help them out, the member states decided to do it themselves and become their own major power. But they're quite busy dealing with a resurgent neo-equalist insurgency that has spilled across borders out of Burma and is extremely successful and popular in the mainland member states. So really they've just turned inward to deal with this threat. Nusantara has some claims on Sumatra but hasn't pressed them yet as it is considering a potential unification with East Indonesia and Papua.

Ryukyu - Absolutely pissed by the increasing authoritarianism of its mainland neighbor and has funneled more money towards production and R&D for its already oversized navy. But not many people agree with this because it is straining the economy. The navy also has a shortage of recruits and active personnel currently.

Ainu Mosir - Is aligning closer to the northern Republic of Japan as they have a common enemy in the southern Japanese Republic, which is the first Japanese government in decades to seriously call for unification. The northern government is slowly democratizing and wants to keep the status quo. Ironically, both rely on Chinese aid and the expectation of a Chinese intervention in the event the Jerusalem-backed south invades. But while Jerusalem has funneled massive amounts of money and weapons into the south, China only provides a token amount to the north and the Ainu.

The Pacific islands in general - After the European rebels got nuked and the African loyalists lost most of their forces to the Hispania and Mauretania nukes, resistance forces in Africa slowly fell apart and have once again turned on each other. Now the continent is split between Jerusalem sympathizers, loyalists, and separatist movements which have gained popularity as Africans consider both Jerusalem and the loyalists as treating them as disposable cannon fodder. So loyalist leadership has shifted to the Pacific, where the Kaiserliche Marine maintains control over the Roman islands, primarily Hawaii and Mittagsland. But an increasingly nationalist and pro-Han Fusang has been acting independently of the Eimerican Federation and has set its sights on Hawaii, while Zhao now considers Mittagsland within Penglai's natural borders. The Kaiserliche Marine also depends on shipments of supplies and resources from loyalist Africa, but all shipping routes run through Sumatra, which Penglai and China are aggressively interfering with. The two want to steer all trade through the Straits of Malacca to their own ports, so there's consolation in the fact that their sabotage efforts are also against each other. Still, the Pacific loyalists' situation is unstable, and they barely have the fuel and ammunition to hold their own islands as of now.

Reactions:
My internal notes don't go too much into detail, but this is what I have.

Srivijaya - Depends on the member state. The major power alignment factions (pro-China, pro-India, pro-Reich, neutral) effectively broke down when all three major powers went crazy or became useless (in India's case). Realizing no major power is going to help them out, the member states decided to do it themselves and become their own major power. But they're quite busy dealing with a resurgent neo-equalist insurgency that has spilled across borders out of Burma and is extremely successful and popular in the mainland member states. So really they've just turned inward to deal with this threat. Nusantara has some claims on Sumatra but hasn't pressed them yet as it is considering a potential unification with East Indonesia and Papua.

Ryukyu - Absolutely pissed by the increasing authoritarianism of its mainland neighbor and has funneled more money towards production and R&D for its already oversized navy. But not many people agree with this because it is straining the economy. The navy also has a shortage of recruits and active personnel currently.

Ainu Mosir - Is aligning closer to the northern Republic of Japan as they have a common enemy in the southern Japanese Republic, which is the first Japanese government in decades to seriously call for unification. The northern government is slowly democratizing and wants to keep the status quo. Ironically, both rely on Chinese aid and the expectation of a Chinese intervention in the event the Jerusalem-backed south invades. But while Jerusalem has funneled massive amounts of money and weapons into the south, China only provides a token amount to the north and the Ainu.

The Pacific islands in general - After the European rebels got nuked and the African loyalists lost most of their forces to the Hispania and Mauretania nukes, resistance forces in Africa slowly fell apart and have once again turned on each other. Now the continent is split between Jerusalem sympathizers, loyalists, and separatist movements which have gained popularity as Africans consider both Jerusalem and the loyalists as treating them as disposable cannon fodder. So loyalist leadership has shifted to the Pacific, where the Kaiserliche Marine maintains control over the Roman islands, primarily Hawaii and Mittagsland. But an increasingly nationalist and pro-Han Fusang has been acting independently of the Eimerican Federation and has set its sights on Hawaii, while Zhao now considers Mittagsland within Penglai's natural borders. The Kaiserliche Marine also depends on shipments of supplies and resources from loyalist Africa, but all shipping routes run through Sumatra, which Penglai and China are aggressively interfering with. The two want to steer all trade through the Straits of Malacca to their own ports, so there's consolation in the fact that their sabotage efforts are also against each other. Still, the Pacific loyalists' situation is unstable, and they barely have the fuel and ammunition to hold their own islands as of now.
Thank you for this breakdown. Very interesting indeed. Would you mind doing a breakdown of the Neurhomanian warlords, the other two CAC states besides Persia (since we already have updates focused on Persia through Alex and his group’s perspective) and Yavadi’s relationship to China?

Im also wondering how the state of the Superpowers would affect the Nepal-Bhutan confilct, or how the African states would react to the state of Roman Africa after the nukes crippled and divided their forces.

Also….
The committee just hates fun in general.
I don’t think this will make it into the story, but I remember hearing about how Obama during his presidency had a meeting with the Polish Prime Minister, where the PM gave Obama a copy of the Witcher 2 and a couple Witcher book as a part of a cultural exchange gift packag. Here’s my source for that event. Even if its not mentioned, I could see a similar thing happening between Wilhelmina and Polish rebels, or maybe even Olga giving Wilhelmina a Russian game like metro or a JRPG/CRPG. The latter may be more likely since they’re both JRPG fans, although you said Wilhelmina likes Western RPGs like Mass Effect.

Last edited:
Thank you for this breakdown. Very interesting indeed. Would you mind doing a breakdown of the Neurhomanian warlords, the other two CAC states besides Persia (since we already have updates focused on Persia through Alex and his group’s perspective) and Yavadi’s relationship to China?
I actually don't have anything on Neurhomania, Turkestan, or Afghanistan right now. But Yavdi has a tense relationship with China. Han wants to bring Yavdi into the Tianxia orbit, mostly because he's scared of the Jerusalemite garrisons. Same situation with Turkestan actually since it also has Jerusalemite garrisons.
Im also wondering how the state of the Superpowers would affect the Nepal-Bhutan confilct, or how the African states would react to the state of Roman Africa after the nukes crippled and divided their forces.
For Nepal/Bhutan:

India - Had called for liberalization in Nepal for years, but after all that's happened, it is unable to do so anymore. Indians who had immigrated to Nepal are now being sent to camps as traitors. The Nepalese Paulluists fear these Indians might be part of a fifth column which pushes for annexation into India, ignoring the fact that a large number of Nepalese wanted to join India too.

China - I think it backs Bhutan but I'm not sure. Otherwise, Han ignores the two countries as insignificant.

Bhutan - Just trying to survive in the face of inaction from the two neighboring superpowers and an increasingly hostile Nepal.

Nepal - Emboldened by the inaction and has cracked down harshly on anti-Paulluist, pro-democracy, pro-annexation, and Indian movements. Can count on Jerusalem to have its back. Jerusalemite supplies and weapons are flown in from the Indian garrisons.

As for Africa, I didn't have much. All I know is that separatist movements are now the most popular of all rebel movements in Africa, while the loyalists lost most of their forces in the Mauretania/Hispania offensive and effectively ceded the stage to ideological extremists and warlords who are no better than Jerusalem.
I don’t think this will make it into the story, but I remember hearing about how Obama during his presidency had a meeting with the Polish Prime Minister, where the PM gave Obama a copy of the Witcher 2 and a couple Witcher book as a part of a cultural exchange gift packag. Here’s my source for that event. Even if its not mentioned, I could see a similar thing happening between Wilhelmina and Polish rebels, or maybe even Olga giving Wilhelmina a Russian game like metro or a JRPG/CRPG. The latter may be more likely since they’re both JRPG fans, although you said Wilhelmina likes Western RPGs like Mass Effect.
Lately I've actually written Wilhelmina as more of a JRPG fan though she likes Western-style RPGs too.

If anything I feel the Pacific Islands of Jerusalem will successfully rebel since they are so far away from Europe but like you said I think that it would be hard for them to remain united and not conquered between China, Srivijaya, and Penglai.

Is the "Eimerican Republic of Kleinvenedig" just one of the warlord states in Neurhomaina or the entire province?

India - Had called for liberalization in Nepal for years, but after all that's happened, it is unable to do so anymore. Indians who had immigrated to Nepal are now being sent to camps as traitors. The Nepalese Paulluists fear these Indians might be part of a fifth column which pushes for annexation into India, ignoring the fact that a large number of Nepalese wanted to join India too.
So douse this mean that Indians in Nepal are being sent to camps or are the family's of those Indians who have immigrated to Nepal being put into camps in India?

As for Africa, I didn't have much. All I know is that separatist movements are now the most popular of all rebel movements in Africa, while the loyalists lost most of their forces in the Mauretania/Hispania offensive and effectively ceded the stage to ideological extremists and warlords who are no better than Jerusalem.
Wouldn't we see what the situation in Africa is after you post the infographic on Jerusalem's Districts?

Last edited:
If anything I feel the Pacific Islands of Jerusalem will successfully rebel since they are so far away from Europe but like you said I think that it would be hard for them to remain united and not conquered between China, Srivijaya, and Penglai.
Srivijaya doesn't exactly have claims or want to claim the islands, but Penglai and China are a different matter.
Is the "Eimerican Republic of Kleinvenedig" just one of the warlord states in Neurhomaina or the entire province?
It's a warlord faction that controls most of the area.
So douse this mean that Indians in Nepal are being sent to camps or are the family's of those Indians who have immigrated to Nepal being put into camps in India?
Indians in Nepal.
Wouldn't we see what the situation in Africa is after you post the infographic on Jerusalem's Districts?
No, it's Europe only as I have no idea what the situation in Africa is like other than it's a mess.

No, it's Europe only as I have no idea what the situation in Africa is like other than it's a mess.
That is understandable. In the maps of Gilead you have the American South, along with areas like The Dakotas, Montana, the Pacific Northwest, and California as conflict zones with the center of the country being The Colonies, and the only pacified districts being the blue ones in most of the northern US east of the Mississippi closest to Washington D.C.

So maybe the ones in Europe could be the pacified districts with the Middle East and the Sahara as the Colonies/Imperial Homelands, along with Sub-Saharan Africa, Neurhomaina, and the areas long Jerusalem's boarders being the conflict zones?

That is understandable. In the maps of Gilead you have the American South, along with areas like The Dakotas, Montana, the Pacific Northwest, and California as conflict zones with the center of the country being The Colonies, and the only pacified districts being the blue ones in most of the northern US east of the Mississippi closest to Washington D.C.

So maybe the ones in Europe could be the pacified districts with the Middle East and the Sahara as the Colonies/Imperial Homelands, along with Sub-Saharan Africa, Neurhomaina, and the areas long Jerusalem's boarders being the conflict zones?
Well I didn't hew to direct analogues of the Gilead map (parts of which don't make sense from a strategic or logistical standpoint) as much as made my own map based on the situation at hand.

I see, so nothing on Mali, Abyssinia or East Africa at the moment?

Also, while Han is cracking down on political dissent, even the ones in exile, I wonder what’s the situation for Chinese minorities like Tiebetans, Siberians, Manchurians, Mongols and Central Asians? Heck, I imagine even the majority Han Chinese will be negavively affected by Han’s ultranationalism and isolatioism, especially if he takes a page out of Jerusalem and starts twisting destroying parts of Chinese culture he doesn’t like.

Last edited:
I see, so nothing on Mali, Abyssinia or East Africa at the moment?

Also, while Han is cracking down on political dissent, even the ones in exile, I wonder what’s the situation for Chinese minorities like Tiebetans, Siberians, Manchurians, Mongols and Central Asians? Heck, I imagine even the majority Han Chinese will be negavively affected by Han’s ultranationalism and isolatioism, especially if he takes a page out of Jerusalem and starts twisting destroying parts of Chinese culture he doesn’t like.
Unfortunately no, but I'll get around to them in the normal chapters eventually.

Chinese minorities are not having a good time. Especially Siberians and Central Asians. Manchus and Mongols might be treated a little better, while the Tibetans are just ignored. He'd focus more on non-Han ethnic minorities within the Chinese heartland (Zhuang, Yi, Hui, and so on), which he would see as "backwards Chinese" who need to be civilized. He would also try to stamp out all dialects aside from Mandarin, as well as local cultural elements like Cantonese opera (and Cantopop/the general Hong Kong-based donghua/manhwa industry), for being deviant from "real Chinese culture."

A Weight Lifted

Brandenburg Palace - January 11

Gertrude put the files on the table. She had gotten several samples from the tomb: among them, one each from Friedrich the Great, Martin, Friedrich III, Prince Nikephoros, Franz Joseph, and Otto. They would be compared against each other and a sample from Wilhelm Karl. A broad sweep which checked Hohenzollerns from each major point in the timeline and both major branches to be extra sure. The test was run by a geneticist she trusted, under heavy supervision from Heinrich’s men.

“The results are finally in,” Gertrude said.

“Get to the point,” Francesca said.

“Okay, fine,” she said, “You’re legitimate. Your DNA matches the samples from the tomb. On both branches.”

Wilhelm Karl leaned back in his chair and sighed. “Oh thank God.”

“To summarize, the illegitimate Anatolian line legitimized itself by intermarrying with the Egyptian line,” Heinrich said, “Thus Prince Nikephoros and his descendants—the main Siegfriedist branch—are legitimate. Our DNA test confirmed this. Meanwhile, we don’t have to worry about the line of Princess Eva.”

It was backed up by the historical records Heinrich obtained from Smyrna. She compared them to her samples from the Anatolian line, focusing on the generations of, before, and after Viceroy Folkhard of Aegyptus. It checked out. The Anatolian Hohenzollerns after his generation were genetically linked to the main line and Friedrich the Great.

“It was quite simple, really,” Gertrude said, “Friedrich III’s father did die in battle against Prince Saltuk of Persia, and he was adopted as Kaiser Martin’s nephew, that is true. But his mother was of Hohenzollern blood. She was of the Anatolian branch, of all branches. A descendant of Viceroy Maria of Anatolia, who married Bernhard von Hohenzollern, Folkhard's brother.”

The tests clearly showed Friedrich III’s genetics matched with those of his mother, Martin, Folkhard, and Maria.

“Fancy that,” Wilhelm Karl said, “We thought the Anatolian branch was the weak link in the Hohenzollern family tree, but it ended up saving us.”

“Does this mean the Maximists are actually Siegfriedists?” Francesca said. “And the Pragmatic Sanction and Maximist Wars were pointless in the end?”

Funny how that worked out. Konrad von Habsburg was probably spinning in his grave or screaming in Hell. As for Maximilian himself? He probably didn't care. Wait, then what did that mean for Otto's marriage? Uh...best not think too hard about it.

“Hopefully that doesn’t provoke another civil war,” Heinrich said, “One ongoing one is already too much, even if it’s mostly died down now.”

“Alright, I think this is the right time to say it,” Gertrude said, “I know my word doesn’t mean anything to you anymore, but for what it’s worth…I’m sorry, Wilhelm Karl. I’m sorry for calling you all sorts of demeaning names over the last eight years. I’m sorry for doing all of this to you.”

She really regretted calling him Guglielmo this whole time.

“I don’t know if I can forgive you,” Wilhelm Karl said, “But I’ll try.”

“I never thought you’d say that, sir,” Heinrich said.

Same. The man had never apologized once for any of his past controversies, even before the committee. He wasn't the forgiving type.

“What are you going to do now?” Francesca said.

“Elias’ leverage is gone,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I’m finally free to fight back.”

“So how will you do that?” Heinrich said.

“Well, I’m booked for a state visit to Penglai tomorrow,” Wilhelm Karl said, “We leave first thing in the morning, so I can’t do anything right now. But when I land…I’ll seek asylum at the Russian embassy.”

“That would be a funny sight,” Gertrude said, “The Kaiser begging for asylum at the Russian embassy in Aojing.”

“It’s necessary,” Wilhelm Karl said, “Elias forced me to do so many horrible things. All those nullification acts I passed, the crackdowns against my own people, the miscarriages of justice I encouraged…me willingly pushing the button to fire all those nukes. But that's no excuse. I know I’m at fault for this too. I went along with it, instead of stopping it. And I did plenty of horrible things in my own right before Bloody Tuesday. I know my actions aren’t going to erase what happened. But at least I can keep things from getting worse. I’ll go into exile. I won’t serve Elias anymore. Instead, I’ll join the government in exile.”

“To lead it?” Heinrich said.

“No,” Wilhelm Karl said, “They’ve already got a leader…my niece, even if she didn’t accept the official role. She’s done more good in the last three years than I’ve ever done in my life. These past eight years, I’ve come to realize I’m not really qualified to be Kaiser. I always desired the throne, and I thought it was a stroke of luck when my sister died and I replaced her, pushing Willie aside. So I thought it was my birthright. Turns out, it never was. I think I know my real destiny now. It’s to help the true Kaiser by guiding her on the path to being the good ruler I never was. It’s to right the wrongs of history, so my sister’s daughter sits on the throne that was rightfully hers, before I stole it.”

“That’s admirable,” Gertrude said.

“And when Elias is defeated and Jerusalem falls, first thing I’ll do is go to Potsdam,” Wilhelm Karl said, “And I’m going to apologize to my parents and siblings for how I treated them all these years.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Francesca said.

“Well, we know what we have to do,” Heinrich said.

“Heinrich and I will continue working behind the scenes at the committee,” Gertrude said, “Try to keep Elias in line.”

Yeah...although she had done little of that these last couple years. Those nullification acts had really sidelined her. Most she could do was get to the tomb.

“I’m going to Penglai too,” Francesca said, “He can’t speak a word of Chinese. He wouldn’t last one minute without me.”

Wilhelm Karl laughed. “Thanks, my dear.”

He took out a bottle of wine.

“I’ve been saving this for the occasion,” he said, “You know, Prince Maximilian was a gardener, but he also owned a vineyard in Saxony and for a time made some high quality wine. This was one of the bottles he produced. Among the first batch made in 1855, shortly after the end of the Maximist Wars.”

He uncorked the bottle and poured some glasses.

“Why are you doing this?” Gertrude said.

“Because I knew you’d pull through, Gertrude,” Wilhelm Karl said, “None of us trusted you at first. I certainly didn’t. You had no reason to help us, from our point of view. And yet you did everything you could to undo the blackmail against me. The blackmail you created. So I have to thank you, Gertrude. For doing all this.”

“I…I don’t deserve this,” Gertrude said, “I really don’t.”

“Please, my treat,” Wilhelm Karl said, “Kaiser’s orders. Keep the bottle too, as a gift for helping us.”

He handed a glass to Gertrude, who pretended to sip the wine.

“It’s nice,” she lied.

“You definitely deserve it,” Wilhelm Karl said, “No matter what you think of yourself, you definitely do.”

“I don’t know,” Gertrude said, “This feels like too much.”

“If it’s too strong, that’s fine,” Wilhelm Karl said.

He handed glasses to everyone else.

“Today, we celebrate our coming victory,” Wilhelm Karl said, “A renewed hope for the future. We’ve overcome the struggles of the last eight years, and now we are finally ready to take our fate back into our own hands to free our country. Tomorrow, we begin the most dangerous fight of our lives. But that’s tomorrow. Today, we celebrate!”

He held up his glass and looked at everyone. “Is iyían! For a free future!”

“For a free future!” the others toasted. “Is iyían!”

Gertrude just quietly held her glass. Did she really deserve to drink it?

Over Penglai - January 12

The aerial convoy flew over the desolate landscape of the Penglai outback. Two jumbo jets—Imperial One, carrying Wilhelm Karl and Francesca, and Two, carrying Wilhelm Jr.—were escorted by a division of fighter jets launched from a Jerusalemite aircraft carrier in the Indian Ocean to relieve another fighter escort launched from Arabia. With the old Kaiserliche Marine still fighting on throughout the Indian Ocean and the Pacific, they had to be completely safe.

Inside Imperial One, Wilhelm Karl sat at his temporary desk and read a mission report. He was less reading the actual report and more going over the map of downtown Aojing, planning his safest and fastest escape route. The Russian embassy was ideal, but he could go to any of the Eimerican or Schengen-1 embassies. It was just that the routes were too long. If he was caught by the Penglai authorities, they’d turn him back over to Elias.

Wilhelm Karl absolutely hated Zhao. Zhao was like an older Elias, with less religious fanaticism and military experience but more charisma and political acumen. This was the man who had singlehandedly destroyed Penglai’s democracy and proclaimed a republican dictatorship with himself as president, and then from there bankrolled Han Xianyu, who was now doing the same thing to China. Which was weird, because Zhao both supported Jerusalem and Han, but Jerusalem and Han weren't on the best of terms these days. Relations between Han and Zhao were also fraying lately, maybe because of Zhao's continued ties to Jerusalem. When Jerusalem fell and he retook control, he was going to have a long chat with them. They fancied themselves strongmen. He would show them what real strength was.

Francesca knocked on the door. “Wilhelm, dear, you’re still here?”

“Yes, I’m busy,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“You need to relax,” Francesca said.

“No, I need to plan everything out,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I have to be in control of this. I’ve lost control for the last eight years. I’m not going to lose control of this now.”

“Control also means knowing when to rest,” Francesca said, “Knowing when to let go.”

“Really?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“If you try to control everything, you’ll end up controlling nothing,” Francesca said, “Something my dad used to tell me.”

“I never took him for the philosophical type,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Neither did I,” Francesca said, “But these last eight years have changed all of us.”

“True,” Wilhelm Karl said, “Tell me, Francesca. Am I still that same person I was, when we got married all those years ago?”

“You are,” Francesca said, “When we met, I saw you were a very driven young man. The second child of Otto the Great, determined to leave a mark on the world. Well, you’ve made that mark.”

“I’m not done yet,” Wilhelm Karl said, “There’s much I still have to do.”

“But that’s when we land,” Francesca said, “We’ll handle it when we’re on the ground.”

“Right,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“We still have two hours left,” Francesca said, “I’ve got a movie we can watch before we land.”

“What kind?” Wilhelm Karl said. “You know our movies have been horrible Christian sermons these last few years.”

“The first Starkrieg,” Francesca said.

“Starkrieg?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Yes, the first one, you heard that right,” Francesca said.

“I remember watching it at 18,” Wilhelm Karl said, “Opening night. My sister reserved the whole theater for just her, me, Georg, Horst, and a couple friends. Elisabeth always gravitated towards Leia and her journey towards being a Jedi. Georg liked Ben Kenobi and screamed when he died. When Alderaan blew up, Horst vowed he would get revenge in the names of the fallen. As for me? I just wanted to see more of Tarkin. He was a cool villain.”

“You must’ve loved the prequels, then?” Francesca said.

“Eh…” Wilhelm Karl said. “Mixed bag. On the one hand, more Tarkin. On the other, it was crazy complicated and full of plot twists and grandiose events. The dialogue was also subpar. Haven’t watched either of the Clone Wars shows, though Willie and Wilhelm Jr. told me I should watch. We don't talk about the sequels.”

“When we meet up with Willie, we need to set aside evenings to watch Clone Wars,” Francesca said.

“Sounds great,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I know Willie would enjoy it. Maybe we can bond that way.”

“Anyways, I’m going to be in the movie lounge,” Francesca said, “I’ll start playing the movie in five minutes. Feel free to join me.”

“Alright, Francesca,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I just need to finish this up.”

“Don’t take too long.” Francesca kissed him on the cheek and then left.

“Of course, my dear,” Wilhelm Karl said.

He turned back to the mission report. Picking up a pencil, he sketched a possible route from his lodgings to the embassy. He checked the security arrangements and then shook his head, erasing the route.

“Why don’t you take a break?” a familiar voice said. “You know Francesca’s right.”

He looked up and saw Elisabeth Alexandra sitting on the couch.

“How long have you been there, sis?” he said.

“Long enough,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “For the record, I liked Leia and Ludwig equally. And despite what people say, their arcs in the sequels were fine.”

“What are you here for?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Just wanted to check in, see how you’re doing,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“Great, actually,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I got rid of Elias’ leverage.”

“That’s my brother,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “I knew you could do it.”

Wilhelm Karl felt a firm hand patting his shoulder. “I’m proud of you too.”

He looked up and saw Georg standing next to him, smiling.

“How can you say that?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“I’m your brother, you know,” Georg said.

“I killed you,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I murdered you and Horst.”

“Did you?” Horst said, pacing around the room.

“Oh, you’re back, Horst?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“You’re family, Karl,” Horst said, “There is an honor among family. Family doesn’t betray. Blood can, but family cannot.”

“But the fact remains, I killed you!” Wilhelm Karl said. “I killed you in Malaya! And Georg, I had a drone blow you up in North Eimerica!”

“No, that wasn’t you,” Georg said.

“What do you mean?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“You only took credit for our deaths,” Horst said, “I don’t blame you. It was natural for you.”

“Wait, you mean…I didn’t do that?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“No,” Georg said, “Elias Anhorn did.”

“Elias?!” Wilhelm Karl said. “He killed you two?”

“Well, if you bothered to follow the breadcrumbs, you’d put two and two together,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Logical, really. But you just wanted the credit, in a way. You looked the other way after saying you wanted them to be 'taken care of' and Elias took it upon himself to take care of it.”

“Why would he do that?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Didn’t he tell you he hates us all?” Horst said. “For what we did to him in Mexico?”

“So obviously he wanted revenge,” Georg said.

“He was playing me from the start,” Wilhelm Karl said, “He always wanted this.”

“Good on you for realizing that,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Now you’ve broken free.”

“Yes, I have,” Wilhelm Karl said, “And I intend to take back control.”

“There you go again, talking about control,” Georg said, “Sounds like the Karl I know.”

“I’m telling you, this is for the good of the nation!” Wilhelm Karl said. “For my people! For true justice!”

“Okay, now you’re sounding like me,” Horst said, “And to think you once mocked me and my sayings about justice.”

“For what it’s worth, I was joking,” Georg said.

“What are you going to do now?” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“I’m going to land in Aojing, and as soon as I get the opportunity, I’m defecting to Russia,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Oh, so you’re pulling a Prince Kirill, huh?” Georg said. “Going to come back in a few years at the head of an army?”

“No, no, no,” Wilhelm Karl said, “If there’s anything I’ve realized in the last eight years, it’s that I’m not fit to be Kaiser. I may be the legal Kaiser, but I’m not the Kaiser we need. My reputation is already in the gutter. Elias has pinned everything he’s done over the last eight years solely on me. Everybody sees me as a tyrant and a dictator who murders his own people. I don’t blame them. They are right, in a way. This is all my fault. I can’t be Kaiser anymore. Someone new must take the throne. An idealist with a pure heart and a strong sense of justice.”

“Heh,” Horst said.

“One who knows what it means to bring balance to the nation, to the people, and to the world,” Wilhelm Karl continued, “I was wrong to mock idealists as irrelevant and fated to die badly. Because they’re the ones who really push us forward. We need an idealist on the throne. It has to be your daughter, Elisabeth.”

“My daughter?” Elisabeth Alexandra.

“She’s grown into a fine woman,” Wilhelm Karl said, “Not afraid to speak her mind. Steadfast in her beliefs, but open to change. Sees herself as unworthy, yet always finds those who are. Those who never want power are always the most qualified to have it. She needs to lead us out of this new dark age.”

“Imagine that,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Little Willie, my little Wombat, once second in line to the throne, is now again the true heir. Chosen by you, nonetheless.”

“I never thought I’d see the day,” Georg said.

“Personally, I didn’t think I’d see this day either,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“We always knew you had it in you,” another familiar voice said.

Wilhelm Karl looked to his side. Victoria Louise stood near the doorway, smiling.

“Mother?” he said.

“Hello, Karl sweetie,” Victoria Louise said.

“I don’t deserve this,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I did so many bad things, even before Elias. We never got along. I always thought you were an old fool!”

“You were only doing what you thought was right,” Victoria Louise said.

“How can you forgive me, Mother?” Wilhelm Karl said. “After everything I did to you?”

“I can always forgive my son,” Victoria Louise said, “You were lost in darkness, but you found your way back to the light in the end. And for that, I’m proud of you.”

“I…I…” Wilhelm Karl said.

“As your mother, I only wanted the best for you, Karl,” Victoria Louise said, “I wanted you to be the best man you could be.”

“Yet I rejected you at every turn,” Wilhelm Karl said, “And I…was even glad you’re dead!”

“But not anymore,” Victoria Louise said.

Wilhelm Karl opened his mouth, but he couldn’t say anything. He started crying.

“I missed you, Mother,” he said, “I really did miss you. I missed our family. Me and Elisabeth and Georg pretending to fight shadow dragons in the courtyard while you told us war stories of escaping the Angeloi…I had a fun childhood, now that I recall.”

“We did our best,” one last familiar voice said.

Wilhelm Karl instinctively tensed up. He bowed his head in shame.

“Please, Karl boy,” Otto said, “Look at me. I don’t want to see you like this.”

He slowly raised his head and locked eyes with Otto. Otto looked much younger than he was when he died. He looked more like how Wilhelm Karl always imagined him as, the fifty-something father he knew growing up.

“You’re here…Father,” Wilhelm Karl said very meekly, “It’s…it’s been almost twenty years.”

“I didn’t want to disturb you too much,” Otto said.

“I don’t deserve to be in your presence, Father,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I may not have killed Georg and Horst, but I certainly did kill you, even if it was on Elias’ urging.”

“I do too,” Otto said.

“So you do remember,” Wilhelm Karl said, “You must be mad at me.”

“No,” Otto said, “I’m not mad. I was disappointed in myself. I was sad you had lost your way.”

“After killing you, I destroyed your legacy over the next twenty years,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I destroyed everything about the Reich that made it great. Instead of renewing the nation, I burned it to the ground.”

“You forget one thing,” Otto said, “The burning to ashes comes before the renewal. When we are at our lowest point, we are open to our greatest change.”

“Yet I refused to change,” Wilhelm Karl said, “You tried to help me get ready to rule, but I always refused you. I thought you didn’t care about me. I thought you only loved Sister.”

“To be fair, I felt the same way sometimes,” Georg said.

“Hey!” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“But it’s true!” Georg said. “Sorry, Alexandra.”

“It’s fine,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“I loved all of my children equally,” Otto said, “I did my best to help you. But there could only be one heir to the throne, and the demands of running the most powerful nation in the world meant that…”

“Your father was a very busy man,” Victoria Louise said, “We did our best, despite that.”

“All I wanted was for you to be the man you always could be,” Otto said.

“But I failed,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I did exactly the opposite. And look at what happened. You failed to help me.”

“Sometimes, you have to be lost before you can find your way again,” Otto said, “It’s true I failed to help you. But you have recognized your mistake. The next step is fixing it.”

“How can you say all this to ME of all people?!” Wilhelm Karl said. “I literally killed you!”

“There is no undoing that,” Otto said, “That much is certain.”

“But you should not tie yourself to a past event,” Victoria Louise said, “Even if it was as serious as patricide.”

“Acknowledge it is in your past, and seek to make amends,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Move on and seek to prevent it from happening again.”

“Become a better person who won’t make the same mistakes,” Georg said.

“That is what true justice is,” Horst said.

“I wish things turned out differently,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I wish we could’ve still been happy. You gave me a choice, and I wish I took it. Maybe we could have avoided all this. But I was younger and misguided. I guess that’s how the world works.”

“I guess so,” Otto said.

“I know what you meant now,” Wilhelm Karl said, “You warned me against going on this path. That I wouldn’t find what I was looking for. Only misery and ruin. You were right in the end. But maybe…I was looking for the wrong thing. I assumed I was the rightful Kaiser. That the throne was my birthright after Sis died. I thought my destiny was to rule. But now I know the throne was never my destiny. It was to make way for the true Kaiser: Willie. That is my true destiny. I may never wipe away the sins of my past, but I’m going to do the best I can to make sure the future is free of them.”

“That’s my boy,” Otto said.

“I’ve always wanted control,” Wilhelm Karl said, “But now I know…I can’t control everything. What I can control is my own life. In the end, I never had to be you, Father. All I had to do was be true to myself.”

Otto smiled. “You finally get it, Karl boy.”

Georg and Horst patted him on the shoulders.

“Well, looks like you know what to do,” Georg said.

“Go get those crazy zealots for me,” Horst said.

“I still feel like I don’t deserve all this,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“We may have our disagreements, but we’re family,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Family looks out for each other.”

“A mother always looks out for her son,” Victoria Louise said,

“I only wanted the best for you, Karl boy,” Otto said, “Now be the man you always could be. The man our nation needs.”

“Right,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I have a mission to accomplish. I’ll be damned if I let anything get in the way of finishing it.”

“Go, then,” Otto said, “We’ve kept you here long enough.”

Wilhelm Karl started for the door. He turned to look back at his late family.

“For what it’s worth…I’m sorry,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I’m sorry for everything I did to you, even if I didn’t do it. This mess is my responsibility, and I’m going to clean it up. And, uh…thanks for the encouragement.”

“It’s the least we could do,” Georg said.

“You deserved that much,” Horst said.

“Anything for my brother,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“It’s nothing,” Victoria Louise said.

“Well, get to it, Karl boy,” Otto said, “It’s time you stepped into your true destiny.”

Wilhelm Karl turned back and left the room. He walked down the hallway and headed for the movie room, with renewed purpose and determination. At that moment, the plane’s intercom activated.

“Thank God, it’s heaven on Earth!” Gertrude’s voice announced.

Seconds later, an SVI beam lanced down and obliterated Imperial One. There were no survivors. Idealists never ended well.

Berlin

Gertrude turned off the microphone. She put her head in her hands, crying softly. Elias quietly patted her on the head.

“Thank you for letting me know,” he smugly said, “You’re doing God’s work.”

He left the room with a smile on his face. Gertrude continued sobbing.

Why…why did she tell him? Why?!

• 1Like
Reactions:
“Okay, fine,” she said, “You’re legitimate. Your DNA matches the samples from the tomb. On both branches.”

Wilhelm Karl leaned back in his chair and sighed. “Oh thank God.”
Thank God indeed.

Funny how that worked out. Konrad von Habsburg was probably spinning in his grave or screaming in Hell. As for Maximilian himself? He probably didn't care. Wait, then what did that mean for Otto's marriage? Uh...best not think too hard about it.
So douse this mean that Victoria Louise being the last Maximist mean that the Hohenzollern Dynasty is over? :eek:

“If you try to control everything, you’ll end up controlling nothing,” Francesca said, “Something my dad used to tell me.”
And the ironic thing is that is what Elias is trying to do.

We don't talk about the sequels
Yea lets not talk about them. ;)

“Well, if you bothered to follow the breadcrumbs, you’d put two and two together,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Logical, really. But you just wanted the credit, in a way. You looked the other way after saying you wanted them to be 'taken care of' and Elias took it upon himself to take care of it.”
Dang. At first I thought Wilhelm Karl was the one that had them killed because it appeared obvious but finding out that it was Elias makes a lot more sense.

“Why don’t you take a break?” a familiar voice said. “You know Francesca’s right.”

He looked up and saw Elisabeth Alexandra sitting on the couch.

“How long have you been there, sis?” he said.

“Long enough,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “For the record, I liked Leia and Ludwig equally. And despite what people say, their arcs in the sequels were fine.”

“What are you here for?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Just wanted to check in, see how you’re doing,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“Great, actually,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I got rid of Elias’ leverage.”

“That’s my brother,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “I knew you could do it.”

Wilhelm Karl felt a firm hand patting his shoulder. “I’m proud of you too.”

He looked up and saw Georg standing next to him, smiling.

“How can you say that?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“I’m your brother, you know,” Georg said.

“I killed you,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I murdered you and Horst.”

“Did you?” Horst said, pacing around the room.

“Oh, you’re back, Horst?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“You’re family, Karl,” Horst said, “There is an honor among family. Family doesn’t betray. Blood can, but family cannot.”

“But the fact remains, I killed you!” Wilhelm Karl said. “I killed you in Malaya! And Georg, I had a drone blow you up in North Eimerica!”

“No, that wasn’t you,” Georg said.

“What do you mean?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“You only took credit for our deaths,” Horst said, “I don’t blame you. It was natural for you.”

“Wait, you mean…I didn’t do that?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“No,” Georg said, “Elias Anhorn did.”

“Elias?!” Wilhelm Karl said. “He killed you two?”

“Why would he do that?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Didn’t he tell you he hates us all?” Horst said. “For what we did to him in Mexico?”

“So obviously he wanted revenge,” Georg said.

“He was playing me from the start,” Wilhelm Karl said, “He always wanted this.”

“Good on you for realizing that,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Now you’ve broken free.”

“Yes, I have,” Wilhelm Karl said, “And I intend to take back control.”

“There you go again, talking about control,” Georg said, “Sounds like the Karl I know.”

“I’m telling you, this is for the good of the nation!” Wilhelm Karl said. “For my people! For true justice!”

“Okay, now you’re sounding like me,” Horst said, “And to think you once mocked me and my sayings about justice.”

“For what it’s worth, I was joking,” Georg said.

“What are you going to do now?” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“I’m going to land in Aojing, and as soon as I get the opportunity, I’m defecting to Russia,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Oh, so you’re pulling a Prince Kirill, huh?” Georg said. “Going to come back in a few years at the head of an army?”

“No, no, no,” Wilhelm Karl said, “If there’s anything I’ve realized in the last eight years, it’s that I’m not fit to be Kaiser. I may be the legal Kaiser, but I’m not the Kaiser we need. My reputation is already in the gutter. Elias has pinned everything he’s done over the last eight years solely on me. Everybody sees me as a tyrant and a dictator who murders his own people. I don’t blame them. They are right, in a way. This is all my fault. I can’t be Kaiser anymore. Someone new must take the throne. An idealist with a pure heart and a strong sense of justice.”

“Heh,” Horst said.

“One who knows what it means to bring balance to the nation, to the people, and to the world,” Wilhelm Karl continued, “I was wrong to mock idealists as irrelevant and fated to die badly. Because they’re the ones who really push us forward. We need an idealist on the throne. It has to be your daughter, Elisabeth.”

“My daughter?” Elisabeth Alexandra.

“She’s grown into a fine woman,” Wilhelm Karl said, “Not afraid to speak her mind. Steadfast in her beliefs, but open to change. Sees herself as unworthy, yet always finds those who are. Those who never want power are always the most qualified to have it. She needs to lead us out of this new dark age.”

“Imagine that,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Little Willie, my little Wombat, once second in line to the throne, is now again the true heir. Chosen by you, nonetheless.”

“I never thought I’d see the day,” Georg said.

“Personally, I didn’t think I’d see this day either,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“We always knew you had it in you,” another familiar voice said.

Wilhelm Karl looked to his side. Victoria Louise stood near the doorway, smiling.

“Mother?” he said.

“Hello, Karl sweetie,” Victoria Louise said.

“I don’t deserve this,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I did so many bad things, even before Elias. We never got along. I always thought you were an old fool!”

“You were only doing what you thought was right,” Victoria Louise said.

“How can you forgive me, Mother?” Wilhelm Karl said. “After everything I did to you?”

“I can always forgive my son,” Victoria Louise said, “You were lost in darkness, but you found your way back to the light in the end. And for that, I’m proud of you.”

“I…I…” Wilhelm Karl said.

“As your mother, I only wanted the best for you, Karl,” Victoria Louise said, “I wanted you to be the best man you could be.”

“Yet I rejected you at every turn,” Wilhelm Karl said, “And I…was even glad you’re dead!”

“But not anymore,” Victoria Louise said.

Wilhelm Karl opened his mouth, but he couldn’t say anything. He started crying.

“I missed you, Mother,” he said, “I really did miss you. I missed our family. Me and Elisabeth and Georg pretending to fight shadow dragons in the courtyard while you told us war stories of escaping the Angeloi…I had a fun childhood, now that I recall.”

“We did our best,” one last familiar voice said.

Wilhelm Karl instinctively tensed up. He bowed his head in shame.

“Please, Karl boy,” Otto said, “Look at me. I don’t want to see you like this.”

He slowly raised his head and locked eyes with Otto. Otto looked much younger than he was when he died. He looked more like how Wilhelm Karl always imagined him as, the fifty-something father he knew growing up.

“You’re here…Father,” Wilhelm Karl said very meekly, “It’s…it’s been almost twenty years.”

“I didn’t want to disturb you too much,” Otto said.

“I don’t deserve to be in your presence, Father,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I may not have killed Georg and Horst, but I certainly did kill you, even if it was on Elias’ urging.”

“I do too,” Otto said.

“So you do remember,” Wilhelm Karl said, “You must be mad at me.”

“No,” Otto said, “I’m not mad. I was disappointed in myself. I was sad you had lost your way.”

“After killing you, I destroyed your legacy over the next twenty years,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I destroyed everything about the Reich that made it great. Instead of renewing the nation, I burned it to the ground.”

“You forget one thing,” Otto said, “The burning to ashes comes before the renewal. When we are at our lowest point, we are open to our greatest change.”

“Yet I refused to change,” Wilhelm Karl said, “You tried to help me get ready to rule, but I always refused you. I thought you didn’t care about me. I thought you only loved Sister.”

“To be fair, I felt the same way sometimes,” Georg said.

“Hey!” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“But it’s true!” Georg said. “Sorry, Alexandra.”

“It’s fine,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“I loved all of my children equally,” Otto said, “I did my best to help you. But there could only be one heir to the throne, and the demands of running the most powerful nation in the world meant that…”

“Your father was a very busy man,” Victoria Louise said, “We did our best, despite that.”

“All I wanted was for you to be the man you always could be,” Otto said.

“But I failed,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I did exactly the opposite. And look at what happened. You failed to help me.”

“Sometimes, you have to be lost before you can find your way again,” Otto said, “It’s true I failed to help you. But you have recognized your mistake. The next step is fixing it.”

“How can you say all this to ME of all people?!” Wilhelm Karl said. “I literally killed you!”

“There is no undoing that,” Otto said, “That much is certain.”

“But you should not tie yourself to a past event,” Victoria Louise said, “Even if it was as serious as patricide.”

“Acknowledge it is in your past, and seek to make amends,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Move on and seek to prevent it from happening again.”

“Become a better person who won’t make the same mistakes,” Georg said.

“That is what true justice is,” Horst said.

“I wish things turned out differently,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I wish we could’ve still been happy. You gave me a choice, and I wish I took it. Maybe we could have avoided all this. But I was younger and misguided. I guess that’s how the world works.”

“I guess so,” Otto said.

“I know what you meant now,” Wilhelm Karl said, “You warned me against going on this path. That I wouldn’t find what I was looking for. Only misery and ruin. You were right in the end. But maybe…I was looking for the wrong thing. I assumed I was the rightful Kaiser. That the throne was my birthright after Sis died. I thought my destiny was to rule. But now I know the throne was never my destiny. It was to make way for the true Kaiser: Willie. That is my true destiny. I may never wipe away the sins of my past, but I’m going to do the best I can to make sure the future is free of them.”

“That’s my boy,” Otto said.

“I’ve always wanted control,” Wilhelm Karl said, “But now I know…I can’t control everything. What I can control is my own life. In the end, I never had to be you, Father. All I had to do was be true to myself.”

Otto smiled. “You finally get it, Karl boy.”

Georg and Horst patted him on the shoulders.

“Well, looks like you know what to do,” Georg said.

“Go get those crazy zealots for me,” Horst said.

“I still feel like I don’t deserve all this,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“We may have our disagreements, but we’re family,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Family looks out for each other.”

“A mother always looks out for her son,” Victoria Louise said,

“I only wanted the best for you, Karl boy,” Otto said, “Now be the man you always could be. The man our nation needs.”

“Right,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I have a mission to accomplish. I’ll be damned if I let anything get in the way of finishing it.”

“Go, then,” Otto said, “We’ve kept you here long enough.”

Wilhelm Karl started for the door. He turned to look back at his late family.

“For what it’s worth…I’m sorry,” Wilhelm Karl said, “I’m sorry for everything I did to you, even if I didn’t do it. This mess is my responsibility, and I’m going to clean it up. And, uh…thanks for the encouragement.”

“It’s the least we could do,” Georg said.

“You deserved that much,” Horst said.

“Anything for my brother,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“It’s nothing,” Victoria Louise said.

“Well, get to it, Karl boy,” Otto said, “It’s time you stepped into your true destiny.”

Wilhelm Karl turned back and left the room. He walked down the hallway and headed for the movie room, with renewed purpose and determination. At that moment, the plane’s intercom activated.
That scene with all of the recent Hohenzollern's was really nice.

“Thank God, it’s heaven on Earth!” Gertrude’s voice announced.

Seconds later, an SVI beam lanced down and obliterated Imperial One. There were no survivors. Idealists never ended well.
FUGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Gertrude just quietly held her glass. Did she really deserve to drink it?
Berlin

Gertrude turned off the microphone. She put her head in her hands, crying softly. Elias quietly patted her on the head.

“Thank you for letting me know,” he smugly said, “You’re doing God’s work.”

He left the room with a smile on his face. Gertrude continued sobbing.

Why…why did she tell him? Why?!
Now I am really confused because it sesames like Gertrude was under some kind of trance. I know you said that you did not want to focus on the Worm with everything being about humans acting on their own but the only thing that I can think of that could cause a trance like what Gertrude was in and what some of the Shepherds appear to be under is the Worm.

I do wonder how Elias and the Committee will spin this one. Because I mean surely there has to be a point in were the Roman people would have had enough right?

Wilhelm V "the Unready" (2038 - )
So douse this mean that Wilhelmina is the Empress?

Last edited:
Thank God indeed.
Thank God it's Heaven on Earth!
So douse this mean that Victoria Louise being the last Maximist mean that the Hohenzollern Dynasty is over? :eek:
No, it's just that the two branches are actually the same Hohenzollern branch, so...
And the ironic thing is that is what Elias is trying to do.
Quite ironic.
even though they are much better here from our past discussions
Dang. At first I thought Wilhelm Karl was the one that had them killed because it appeared obvious but finding out that it was Elias makes a lot more sense.
He does have a motive.
That scene with all of the recent Hohenzollern's was really nice.
I liked writing it.
FUGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
yes
Now I am really confused because it sesames like Gertrude was under some kind of trance. I know you said that you did not want to focus on the Worm with everything being about humans acting on their own but the only thing that I can think of that could cause a trance like what Gertrude was in and what some of the Shepherds appear to be under is the Worm.
No, she just made the mistake of snitching to Elias and is now reaping the consequences.

Shepherds are just...Shepherds. No Worm need be involved when this sort of cult brainwashing happens in real life already.
I do wonder how Elias and the Committee will spin this one. Because I mean surely there has to be a point in were the Roman people would have had enough right?
From all of the hints I've given previously, it should be obvious how it'll be spun.
So douse this mean that Wilhelmina is the Empress?
Nope. Wilhelm Jr.

No, she just made the mistake of snitching to Elias and is now reaping the consequences.
Why would she even mention this to Elias that makes no sense? Granted the country is ruled by people that make no sense but still.

Makes you wonder if Heinrich will hear about this and if Gertrude will end up having an "accident" some point in the future?

No, it's just that the two branches are actually the same Hohenzollern branch, so...
If that is true then how have the Hohenzollern's not gotten something similar like the famous/infamous Habsburg Double Jaw of OTL?

Nope. Wilhelm Jr.
The sad part of this being that Wilhelm Jr. might be more in favor of the Committee than Wilhelm Karl was because I think he was in his teens or early twenties when the Committee came to power and he probably absorbed a lot of the right-wing attitudes from his father.

Why would she even mention this to Elias that makes no sense? Granted the country is ruled by people that make no sense but still.
I'm guessing she was desperate to get her committee seat back and regain some of her old power. A stupid move on her part because no way will Elias do that.
Makes you wonder if Heinrich will hear about this and if Gertrude will end up having an "accident" some point in the future?
Heinrich is not the kind of person who would do that.
If that is true then how have the Hohenzollern's not gotten something similar like the famous/infamous Habsburg Double Jaw of OTL?
Distant relatives.
The sad part of this being that Wilhelm Jr. might be more in favor of the Committee than Wilhelm Karl was because I think he was in his teens or early twenties when the Committee came to power and he probably absorbed a lot of the right-wing attitudes from his father.
Yep.

Never thought I’d ever be sad for Wilhelm Karl’s death before 2030, but here we are now. At least he got to break free of the blackmail and make amends with his late family thing, tho the former part might be in vain if Elias erases evidence of the Hohenzollern’s legitimacy after Gertrude’s betrayal. Rest In Peace Kaiser Wilhelm IV. Maybe he’ll show up as a force ghost for Wilhelmina now.

As for Gertrude, gottverdammt! The Hohenzollerns may be doomed now because of her, all because she became a simp in the end.

Ironic how the Maximist turned out to be Siegfriedists in the end. It does make Otto and Victoria Louise’s marriage… awkward, but at least Konrad von Habsburg is rolling in his grave, although there’s a slight possibility that meritocracy may be replaced with democracy after the Committee falls.

I never thought Elias was the one to kill Georg and Horst with Wilhelm Karl’s encouragememt, but it does make sense. Ironic how he ended up creating the Eimerican Federation and and Srivijaya tho.
Heinrich is not the kind of person who would do that.
If anything, Henrich may be screwed now, depending on how deep Gertrude’s betrayal goes.

even though they are much better here from our past discussions
Funny enough, I considered doing a write up for the Sequel trilogy loosely based on the Thrawn Trilogy awhile ago, tho I’ve since scrapped them. I did write up some title crawls and brief outlines tho if you’re interested.
A long time ago, in a Galaxy far far away....

STARKRIEG-EPISODE VII: The Balance of the Force
A frozen war has taken hold over the Galaxy! The remnants of President Palpatine’s Galactic Republic have reorganized themselves into the authoritarian FIRST ORDER, which poses itself as a significant challenge to the benevolent New Galactic Empire. The ancient capital Courscant remains at the crossroads between the First Order and the Empire. The New Jedi Order continues to uphold peace, freedom, justice and security in the New Empire, in spite of Grandmaster Louise Himmelwander’s withdrawal to Dantooine and difficulty fighting against the mysterious Knights of Ren. In response to the alarming development of Star Killers in the First Order, Emperor Ludwig Organa has reluctantly approved the research and development of Death Star technology in order to counter the First Order’s monopoly on super weapons.

STARKRIEG-EPISODE VIII: The Last Hope
A deadly game of proxy conflicts and competing influence has swallowed up the remaining neutral powers in the galaxy. Relations between Emperor Ludwig Organa and Grand Fuhrer Thrawn have broken down over the arming of the Hutt Criminal Syndicates with First Order superweapons. As the crisis over Hutt space worsens, First Order and Imperial star fleets go on high alert while the galaxy holds its breath. Meanwhile, First Order defector Finn begins his training with Louise Himmelwander on Dantooine, while Rey struggles to hold the Jedi Order together against the onslaught of THE KNIGHTS OF REN.

STAR KRIEG-EPISODE IX: Peace in our Time
War draws near! There are calls in the Imperial Senate for Emperor Ludwig to launch a preemptive attack against the First Order capital of Csilla before it could deploy their own Star Killers arsenal against the provisional capital of Hosian. Concurrently with these developments, Thrawn’s position as Fuhrer of the First Order is threatened by the exhausting of resources to quell rebellions and the growing influence of KYLO REN and his Knights of Ren. Jedi Masters Rey and Finn are deployed on a secret mission to Rakata Prime, in a last ditch effort to prevent the deaths of countless trillions throughout the galaxy.

Never thought I’d ever be sad for Wilhelm Karl’s death before 2030, but here we are now. At least he got to break free of the blackmail and make amends with his late family thing, tho the former part might be in vain if Elias erases evidence of the Hohenzollern’s legitimacy after Gertrude’s betrayal. Rest In Peace Kaiser Wilhelm IV. Maybe he’ll show up as a force ghost for Wilhelmina now.
I feel like Wilhelm Jr. will need the force ghost of his deceased relatives more than Wilhelmina now since he is Kaiser now and might not have as much of a stable head on his shoulders compared to Wilhelmina.

A part of me wonders if this was part of Elias plan to make the Hohenzollern's pay or what they did to him?

Ironic how he ended up creating the Eimerican Federation and and Srivijaya tho.
I guess that goes to prove the point of “If you try to control everything, you’ll end up controlling nothing,”

If anything, Henrich may be screwed now, depending on how deep Gertrude’s betrayal goes.
Oh Fuge you are right. :eek: Well R.I.P Henrich if the way things have been going are any indication.

Also very good summaries for the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy. It almost sounds like how the templin institute reimagined the first order.

I think Wilhelm Karl has earned his force ghost privileges.
I feel like Wilhelm Jr. will need the force ghost of his deceased relatives more than Wilhelmina now since he is Kaiser now and might not have as much of a stable head on his shoulders compared to Wilhelmina.
I think the most appropriate force ghost for him would be his own father's, as he could simply reveal Elias killed him and what he was working on.
As for Gertrude, gottverdammt! The Hohenzollerns may be doomed now because of her, all because she became a simp in the end.
Not exactly a simp, she just wanted to get her power and authority back and return to "the way things were." She has no love for Elias and at the very least wants him to treat her as an equal, because she was every bit as responsible for creating Jerusalem as he was.
Ironic how the Maximist turned out to be Siegfriedists in the end. It does make Otto and Victoria Louise’s marriage… awkward, but at least Konrad von Habsburg is rolling in his grave, although there’s a slight possibility that meritocracy may be replaced with democracy after the Committee falls.
Konrad von Habsburg: visible confusion

It's also kind of weird how Wilhelmina's dad is a Habsburg, so there's a chance she could be Konrad's descendant.
I never thought Elias was the one to kill Georg and Horst with Wilhelm Karl’s encouragememt, but it does make sense. Ironic how he ended up creating the Eimerican Federation and and Srivijaya tho.
And funny enough, those two factions are the only major powers that could possibly resist him now, after the traditional major powers fell apart.
A part of me wonders if this was part of Elias plan to make the Hohenzollern's pay or what they did to him?
Yes, that was part of his plan all along.

"It was Agatha Elias all along!"
I guess that goes to prove the point of “If you try to control everything, you’ll end up controlling nothing,”
Yes indeed.
This might not end well...
Funny enough, I considered doing a write up for the Sequel trilogy loosely based on the Thrawn Trilogy awhile ago, tho I’ve since scrapped them. I did write up some title crawls and brief outlines tho if you’re interested.
Pretty interesting idea you got. Only thing I'm not sure about is using the title "Fuhrer" as it is since even Angelos used "Volksfuhrer." Maybe Thrawn would keep his Grand Admiral title, or adopt something like "Lord Protector."

Have you thought about the arcs of other sequel characters like Poe, or TV characters like Ezra and Ahsoka? How about old EU characters like Mara Jade and the Solo twins? I was also thinking this sequel trilogy would set up a second trilogy revolving around the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.
Oh Fuge you are right. :eek: Well R.I.P Henrich if the way things have been going are any indication.

Also very good summaries for the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy. It almost sounds like how the templin institute reimagined the first order.
I should get around to watching that sometime.

Pretty interesting idea you got. Only thing I'm not sure about is using the title "Fuhrer" as it is since even Angelos used "Volksfuhrer." Maybe Thrawn would keep his Grand Admiral title, or adopt something like "Lord Protector."

Have you thought about the arcs of other sequel characters like Poe, or TV characters like Ezra and Ahsoka? How about old EU characters like Mara Jade and the Solo twins? I was also thinking this sequel trilogy would set up a second trilogy revolving around the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.
That could work.

I admit these outlines where as far as I got when it came to the write ups, so I didnt have concrete plans for character arcs beyond the general idea of Fin’s arc from Stormtrooper to Jedi Master. I definitely did think about brining in several EU characters, both old and new. For example, I did float ideas for Jacen being a member of the Knights of Ren under Kylo for a while.
I should get around to watching that sometime.
I think I’ll incorporate some ideas from that video, if I ever decide to touch the sequel trilogy again the in the future. In the meantime, any ideas you would like to add, since you briefly mentioned Luke and Leia in this update. I do like the idea of the Sequel Trilogy setting up a Yuuzhan Vong trilogy later on, althrough I don’t know much about that story aside from a certain controversial death.

A loss he had no way to avoid. The plan was impossible without Gertrude’s help, and it was unwinnable due to her help. Wilhelm Karl died having made peace with his family (a truly touching scene, I might add) and now he is reunited with them, all too soon.

Wilhelmina will win. I am certain.

That could work.

I admit these outlines where as far as I got when it came to the write ups, so I didnt have concrete plans for character arcs beyond the general idea of Fin’s arc from Stormtrooper to Jedi Master. I definitely did think about brining in several EU characters, both old and new. For example, I did float ideas for Jacen being a member of the Knights of Ren under Kylo for a while.
Now that I'm more familiar with the Star Wars TV shows (having binged/followed all of the modern shows over the last few months), I was thinking the sequel trilogy could use some more tie-ins with them. Like The Mandalorian could set up plot elements of upcoming sequel movies while it airs (instead of retroactively trying to make the sequels make sense), and Bad Batch could lay the foundations for the First Order within the Clone Wars/early Republic era (as it seems to be doing in OTL). Rebels could feed directly into the trilogy as Ezra and the Ghost crew jump from TV to the movies. Which gets me wondering, since we gender-swapped the Skywalkers, I don't think we can have the Solo twins as they are. Maybe they're the children of Ludwig and maybe Mara Jade? Or, if we want to have another Rebels tie-in:

Hera's son in the finale is named Jacen as a homage to Jacen Solo, so why not make him actually "Jacen"?
I think I’ll incorporate some ideas from that video, if I ever decide to touch the sequel trilogy again the in the future. In the meantime, any ideas you would like to add, since you briefly mentioned Luke and Leia in this update. I do like the idea of the Sequel Trilogy setting up a Yuuzhan Vong trilogy later on, althrough I don’t know much about that story aside from a certain controversial death.
Yeah, let's not do anything involving moons, if we're talking about the same controversial death.
A loss he had no way to avoid. The plan was impossible without Gertrude’s help, and it was unwinnable due to her help. Wilhelm Karl died having made peace with his family (a truly touching scene, I might add) and now he is reunited with them, all too soon.

Wilhelmina will win. I am certain.
At the end, Wilhelm Karl got his closure and made amends with his family. He died not a vulture.

Reactions: