The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ironic indeed.
It would also play into the committee's propaganda. Bysandros could argue that the opposition is being supported by a "fascist" and therefore they are the real fascists and the enemy.
I guess that is what happened to Josiah's plane?
No, this is just a random rumor Bysandros made up. Josiah's still alive as I have other plans for him.
It makes you wonder what would have happened if Thierry Baudet remained the head of the CB?
If he did, he might have just been a peaceful reformer working from within the system.
A part of me douse wonder what will happen to Ari. What I am thinking is something like in 1984 in were Winston was "reeducated" but was still scheduled to be excited in the end.
I don't have plans to bring back Ari anytime soon, but I imagine he would have been brainwashed into the perfect Christian patriot. He's still a kid, which leaves plenty of time for brainwashing.
It is sad that Tobias never got the news that Diana was killed but hopefully they are together in the afterlife.
Hopefully.
Well I guess we now have all of the things that Gilead did in the book and the show in here. Now I am just waiting for things to get worse.
I was wondering what happened to TTL's Vladimir Putin since after the fall of the Soviets he became a movie star? A part of me feels like he would be killed for working for Babelsberg and for actually being a former Equalist but due to him being a former KGB member the Committee might make him into what ever the Eyes are in TTL.
I finished Putin's story long ago and don't feel like adding anything to it. But he was pretty old already so I think he would've died sometime in the 2020s. Probably best that he never lived long enough to see the committee.
I was also wondering if all of the different classes of Jerusalem are assigned different colored outfits to wear like in the show?
No, there are no color-coded outfits, as the class system isn't as strictly defined as in Gilead. There are only laws regulating what colors the average person can wear. Some groups like the Shepherds of the Future and the Home Guardians must wear a certain color as part of their uniforms (black in both cases).
I also wonder if things from other works of dystopia are going to make it into the story such as Newspeak and the concept of Doublethink from 1984, designer babies such as in Brave New World, and Fahrenheit 451 in were Firemen are used to set books on fire?
Newspeak and designer babies are likely beyond even the committee's power and technology right now, so probably not. But Doublethink is already informally established practice in government propaganda and media, as evident by Bysandros' "reporting." Designer babies might never be a thing, but the committee does control who gets an abortion, so there's that (a reminder that in real life, anti-abortion bans can frequently give governments the power to enforce abortions as well).

As for the Firemen...uh...remember how in Fahrenheit 451 it was actually the people themselves asking the Firemen to burn those books? :eek:

Newspeak and designer babies are likely beyond even the committee's power and technology right now, so probably not. But Doublethink is already informally established practice in government propaganda and media, as evident by Bysandros' "reporting." Designer babies might never be a thing, but the committee does control who gets an abortion, so there's that (a reminder that in real life, anti-abortion bans can frequently give governments the power to enforce abortions as well).

As for the Firemen...uh...remember how in Fahrenheit 451 it was actually the people themselves asking the Firemen to burn those books? :eek:
Yea. I was just wondering since we know Theodor has some access to the other worlds technology and considering how far into the future some dystopia novels go. :eek:

However since you plan on going to space by 2100 and that will probably lead to new story arcs I doubt the Committee will have the time to do many of these things before they are toppled.

Yea. I was just wondering since we know Theodor has some access to the other worlds technology and considering how far into the future some dystopia novels go. :eek:
The Annionaverse's technology isn't that far ahead of the Hohenzollernverse's, and in some areas (like the biological sciences) it is actually behind the Hohenzollernverse, which is like the dynamic between the two universes in Fringe. It would be a very different story if Theodor got his hands on alien technology though...
However since you plan on going to space by 2100 and that will probably lead to new story arcs I doubt the Committee will have the time to do many of these things before they are toppled.
I never said I had to go into space as the Reich...I could always just go full Holy Terran Empire and compete with the Annionaverse for who has the most dystopian grimdark universe.

Rip Tobias and Mina, they didn't deserve those fates. At least Mina got to go out with a bang, literally. Quite tragic how Tobias still died in the end, regardless of Alex decision to stop protesting. Another unfortunate thing is Ari buying into Nick's lies and likely being further indoctrinated by Jerusalem's "education" system, losing his culture in the process and become yet another slave like many in more youthful generations.

Even if Tobias wasn't put on that flight, I doubt he would have a long life in Jerusalem's new Imperial Homelands. It must suck to be a Muslim or Jewish person living in those places. Then again, maybe there are rebel groups there that could've helped Tobias, if Nick's internal monologue is any indication.

Now its up for Thea and her group to stop Theodor, but it will a long time before they will be able to do anything, especially with Alexandria in her current state after Angela's death. Hopefully Thea is able to do something with Mina giving her the source code to Argus' Panopticon system. Also, I wonder if Alex is aware of the supernatural stuff that X-Division had to cut out when leaking the Sentinel files?
It is sad that Tobias never got the news that Diana was killed but hopefully they are together in the afterlife.
Pretty sure Tobias learned about Diana's death while he was being forced by the Committee to stop Alex and his group from protesting, but yes, I do hope they are together again in the afterlife.
No, there are no color-coded outfits, as the class system isn't as strictly defined as in Gilead. There are only laws regulating what colors the average person can wear. Some groups like the Shepherds of the Future and the Home Guardians must wear a certain color as part of their uniforms (black in both cases).
That does make me wonder what Jerusalem's class hierarchy is like in relation to Gilead? If Frederica and Sigismund's situation is any indicator, I'm guessing the class system is quite rigid and repressive to men and women alike regardless of their walks in life, and probably is based on a mix of race and religion.
I'm guessing the Committee drugging people into passivity like in Brave New World isn't possible either, tho Bysandros' reporting seems to have some resemblances of how Bread and Circuses is used in Brave New World, with the addition of 1984's Doublethink. Overall though, I'd say the Committee has more in common with Ingsoc's "Boot on the face" strategy than Brave New World's take on Panem et Circuses.
The Annionaverse's technology isn't that far ahead of the Hohenzollernverse's, and in some areas (like the biological sciences) it is actually behind the Hohenzollernverse, which is like the dynamic between the two universes in Fringe. It would be a very different story if Theodor got his hands on alien technology though...
Isn't the Annionverse's technology somewhat based off of alien technology, like that Gabriel ship? Or was that something later on?

Theodor getting his hands on alien technology would be terrifying, as he's already a danger with Annionaverse technology. But how bad would things get if he were aware of Ancient humanity, or if the Committee discovered the Worm?
She certainly hoped so. But she remembered all of the other idealistic movements rising up throughout history…only to be crushed by self-serving enemies both within and without. Time and time again, she heard of idealists appearing, rallying a movement against a prevailing order that was unjust or unfair, promising a better future. But they would always be killed, and their successors would either be completely incompetent or outright malicious. The movement would become repressive and dogmatic, the opposite of what the founder accomplished. Thierry Baudet formed CB in 2016 to provide an alternative to a stagnant political system that had prevailed for almost 200 years. But Baudet was murdered, and his movement was twisted into the genocidal regime Thea marched against. Anders Humboldt and Theresa Novak kept fighting to uncover the truth, only to be silenced by a public that wanted an easy lie and murdered by a regime that trafficked in lies. Elisabeth Alexandra wanted to be a Kaiserin for her people, but she never became a Kaiserin. Otto the Great ushered in decades of peace and prosperity, but he was mortal, like any other, and the new Kaiser prided himself on not being like his father.
Makes me wonder how Baudet will be remembered when all this is over. I can see comparisons with his movements being drawn to that of the Maximist movement and the Fifty Years War's heresies, as they were all movements that tried to tackle serious problems with the stagnant and corrupt status quo, but were eventually twisted into monstrous shadows of their now discredited ideals and only caused the status quo to continue on without real change. Heck, even Wilhelm Karl didn't want this madness to happen, yet it did and now he may go down as a villainous example of an Authoritarian monarch in much the same way as Louis XVI of France, Charles I of England, and various Ancient Roman emperors like Nero did.

Last edited:
:eek:
Another path you can go would be something like the Ancient Roman Republic since in both OTL and TTL it arose after the overthrow of a tyrannical kingdom.
hmmmmm
Rip Tobias and Mina, they didn't deserve those fates. At least Mina got to go out with a bang, literally. Quite tragic how Tobias still died in the end, regardless of Alex decision to stop protesting. Another unfortunate thing is Ari buying into Nick's lies and likely being further indoctrinated by Jerusalem's "education" system, losing his culture in the process and become yet another slave like many in more youthful generations.
If anything, he willingly threw it all away believing it was barbaric and holding him back.
Even if Tobias wasn't put on that flight, I doubt he would have a long life in Jerusalem's new Imperial Homelands. It must suck to be a Muslim or Jewish person living in those places. Then again, maybe there are rebel groups there that could've helped Tobias, if Nick's internal monologue is any indication.
Nick isn't a rebel, he's just not as radical or crazy as the others. He would still follow his orders, though.
Now its up for Thea and her group to stop Theodor, but it will a long time before they will be able to do anything, especially with Alexandria in her current state after Angela's death. Hopefully Thea is able to do something with Mina giving her the source code to Argus' Panopticon system. Also, I wonder if Alex is aware of the supernatural stuff that X-Division had to cut out when leaking the Sentinel files?
Alex is vaguely aware of some of the supernatural stuff, but not all of it, and he doesn't think much about it at the moment.
Pretty sure Tobias learned about Diana's death while he was being forced by the Committee to stop Alex and his group from protesting, but yes, I do hope they are together again in the afterlife.
Yeah, he knew Diana was dead for a while now.
That does make me wonder what Jerusalem's class hierarchy is like in relation to Gilead? If Frederica and Sigismund's situation is any indicator, I'm guessing the class system is quite rigid and repressive to men and women alike regardless of their walks in life, and probably is based on a mix of race and religion.
It isn't as hierarchical as in Gilead. There are just the lower and upper civilian classes, then the soldiers in their own class. That's about it. I didn't put much thought into it.
I'm guessing the Committee drugging people into passivity like in Brave New World isn't possible either, tho Bysandros' reporting seems to have some resemblances of how Bread and Circuses is used in Brave New World, with the addition of Double speak. Overall though, I'd say the Committee has more in common with Ingsoc's "Boot on the face" strategy than Brave New World's take on Panem et Circuses.
If anything, the drugs making people passive would take away from my message of apathy leading to authoritarianism, since then we can just blame the issue on the drugs instead of on the people themselves. I wanted to show how ordinary people either ignore the warning signs until it's too late or willingly go along with it believing it wouldn't be so bad or they would be spared the worst. I did use the idea of panem et circenses (bread and circuses) throughout this arc in various ways, although not as a homage to the book as it was based more on the original term itself. The Roman people are satisfied as long as they get their entertainment (through Bysandros' news) and a common enemy to rally against (the undesirable other the committee chooses).
Isn't the Annionverse's technology somewhat based off of alien technology, like that Gabriel ship? Or was that something later on?
Some of its tech was reverse engineered from the Gabriel ship (which I consider to be a Jotun/Jotun-related ship), leading to advances in engineering and computers but not in other fields, which suffered as more funding and attention was given to the traditional STEM fields (thus resulting in the Hohenzollernverse pulling ahead in fields like biology). The Gabriel ship technology couldn't be fully replicated so whatever the Annionaverse developed was based on the existing technology of the 1940s-50s, and future innovations were built on top of that. So the Annionaverse didn't get that far ahead. In my notes I always put its STEM innovations as being 30 years ahead of the Hohenzollernverse's (Mars mission, 5G, semiautonomous drones, driverless cars) but still within reach, while the Hohenzollernverse is actually ahead in other areas the Gabriel ship's tech couldn't affect (smallpox vaccine, safeguards to protect the sheep from extinction, even token environmental measures that prevent coffee from becoming rare, and so on). To be fair, in OTL some "modern" amenities like touch screens in cars were actually implemented in the 1980s or 90s, and I imagine the same would happen in the Hohenzollernverse, but the Annionaverse would still be ahead in those areas.

It would be a different story if Theodor got his hands on the actual alien technology Sentinel and the Syndicate had, including ships, weapons, and biological research that weren't present on the one Gabriel ship from the 1940s.
Makes me wonder how Baudet will be remembered when all this is over. I can see comparisons with his movements being drawn to that of the Maximist movement and the Fifty Years War's heresies, as they were all movements that tried to tackle serious problems with the stagnant and corrupt status quo, but were eventually twisted into monstrous shadows of their now discredited ideals and only caused the status quo to continue on without real change. Heck, even Wilhelm Karl didn't want this madness to happen, yet it did and now he may go down as a villainous example of an Authoritarian monarch in much the same way as Louis XVI of France, Charles I of England, and various Ancient Roman emperors like Nero did.
Baudet might be seen as just another populist like bin Laden who sought to radically reform if not overthrow the system, only to himself be overthrown by radicals within his own movement. Wilhelm Karl would definitely be remembered as the second coming of Nero and possibly Caligula now.
I have a feeling that since the Worm is a force that even the Inquisition and all of their spells has trouble dealing with it I do not think the Committee would fair any better.

Mabey the Worm can through its posseted followers can offer itself as a type of underground rebel group?
Its followers aren't possessed, and do you really want me to include them in an already terrible global situation? Because I just could. :eek:

Mina died in a blaze of glory, and I suspect that was the happiest she's been in a long time. Tobias' death meanwhile was just tragic; as with many others, he deserved far better.

Nick isn't a rebel, he's just not as radical or crazy as the others. He would still follow his orders, though.
I think you misunderstood me here, what I meant was I wondering if Nick‘s internal comments about the state of Israel meant there were rebel groups in the Middle East, not if Nick himself was a rebel.

Last edited:
Mina died in a blaze of glory, and I suspect that was the happiest she's been in a long time. Tobias' death meanwhile was just tragic; as with many others, he deserved far better.
Unfortunately, we can't always have nice things.
I think you misunderstood me here, what I meant was I wondering if Nick‘s internal comments about the state of Israel meant there were rebel groups in the Middle East, not if Nick himself was a rebel.
There are, but not in that part of the Middle East so Tobias would have been doomed anyways.

But how bad would things get if he were aware of Ancient humanity, or if the Committee discovered the Worm?
Ancient humanity itself is mostly just a harmless history lesson with few traces of its existence. Theodor knowing about them wouldn't affect anything. But knowing about the Worm, on the other hand... :eek:

RIP Mina and Tobias indeed. Such a shame both died for the sake of this godless regime. And I echo CaptainAlvious' statements, it's up to Thea and her group now to keep that spark of hope burning. Sucks on what happened to Tobias' grandson, were the Valkyrie could see what has been done to her relations she would be shaking in fury, probably making a mad dash to put a bullet on each of the committee members. Alas such a thing is impossible.

By the way, I like those off-hand mentions about the other AARs taking place in different universes, especially This is Madness, such a shame that particular AAR ended so soon, I liked the whole grimdark setting too.

Last edited:
Reactions:
RIP Mina and Tobias indeed. Such a shame both died for the sake of this godless regime. And I echo CaptainAlvious' statements, it's up to Thea and her group now to keep that spark of hope burning. Sucks on what happened to Tobias' grandson, were the Valkyrie could see what has been done to her relations she would be shaking in fury, probably making a mad dash to put a bullet on each of the committee members. Alas such a thing is impossible.
Saints Wilhelmina and Gunhilda: "Get in line!"
By the way, I like those off-hand mentions about the other AARs taking place in different universes, especially This is Madness, such a shame that particular AAR ended so soon, I liked the whole grimdark setting too.
RIP This is Madness indeed, I had so many hopes for that AAR and it felt so different from other ones. Shame we'll never know if the Angeloi finally got their revenge in the end. though I was more excited for the super China reveal

Fun fact, I wrote 90% of Return of the Celestial Empire and all of Hohenzollern Empire so far during Empire Strikes Back's current hiatus, and at the current rate, I might already get to Return of the Celestial Empire 2 (if not my third AAR idea) before it returns. But at least I know it's going to come back eventually, as there are semi-constant updates on the Discord server.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ancient humanity itself is mostly just a harmless history lesson with few traces of its existence. Theodor knowing about them wouldn't affect anything. But knowing about the Worm, on the other hand... :eek:
Ouch, that‘s unfortunate, especially for the prospect of Tobias having a long and happy life. Ironically, I was briefly considering reworking my now scrapped Tianxia plans to adapt @HIMDogson’s Annionaverse interlude with his and your permission to fit as inspiration for a short story based on this arc before I decided against it, since we already have the Bremerhaven subplot. Guess that’s not possible now anyways.

I wonder what the Commitee would do to superhero media here? My guess they would suppress stuff like the MCU and a lot of DC stories and try to turn the rest of the Comic industry into a propagada mill, much like the did to Babelsburg and Han has done to Chinese pop culture.

I know Thea and Theodor is an expanded version of the Asami/Hiroshi dynamic from LOK, but I wonder if there are indirect elements of Zuko and Azula’s rivalry there too? I personally maintain that Josh’s arc is closer to Azula’s madness arc than Zuko’s redemption arc at this point, especially after he killed Oskar.
Fun fact, I wrote 90% of Return of the Celestial Empire and all of Hohenzollern Empire so far during Empire Strikes Back's current hiatus, and at the current rate, I might already get to Return of the Celestial Empire 2 (if not my third AAR idea) before it returns. But at least I know it's going to come back eventually, as there are semi-constant updates on the Discord server.
I’m excited to see how Return of the Celestial Empire 2 turns out, especially with your new writing style and with how much the Kaisereich lore and scenario has changed since then, especially after the China update. It will be interesting to see how that story being played in HOI4 will defer from Vicky 2. Any ideas you would like to do for a third AAR?

Last edited:
Ouch, that‘s unfornate. Ironically, I was briefly considering asking you if I could rework my now scrapped Tianxia plans to adapt @HIMDogson’s Annionaverse interlude to fit as inspiration for a short story based on this arc, guess that’s not possible now.
Why is it not possible? That interlude feels relatively grounded and small-scale and wouldn't be affected by ancient humans or anything.
I wonder what the Commitee would do to superhero media here? My guess they would suppress stuff like the MCU and a lot of DC stories and try to turn the rest of the Comic industry into a propagada mill, much like the did to Babelsburg and Han has done to Chinese pop culture.
Probably bring back the Comics Code and all other laws regulating comics and take those to such extremes that the only comics you'd see are propaganda ones.
I know Thea and Theodor is an expanded version of the Asami/Hiroshi dynamic from LOK, but I wonder if there are indirect elements of Zuko and Azula’s rivalry there too? I personally maintain that Josh’s arc is closer to Azula’s madness arc than Zuko’s redemption arc at this point, especially after he killed Oskar.
I didn't have any elements of Zuko vs Azula in Thea/Theodor's dynamic, which is all Asami/Hiroshi, but some influences did indirectly leak into Josh vs Alex.
I’m excited to see how Return of the Celestial Empire 2 turns out, especially with your new writing style and with how much the Kaisereich lore and scenario has changed since then, especially after the China update. It will be interesting to see how that story being played in HOI4 will defer from Vicky 2. Any ideas you would like to do for a third AAR?
I wrote 10 pages of character bios, story elements and the gameplay direction I want to script, and the Stargate/ROTCE1 ties, but after a few years of the mod updating and me having time to think things over, I may still need to rework it a lot once I'm done with this. Especially the ROTCE1 ties which I'm seriously considering dropping as I can't seem to get the timeline and Baal to work out.

For a third AAR, I'm actually thinking of doing it on a non-PDX game, the Pokemon fangame Rejuvenation, which has an almost JRPG-like story and insane amounts of worldbuilding and character focus. It'll still double as an "AAR" with a gameplay aspect, but it is very narrative driven which is perfect for my writing style. I already have plans for the main character's personality and arc. I checked the forum rules and I should be clear to do a non-PDX AAR. It'll come around after ROTCE2 is finished and the game releases its final update (it may not be finished, but it already has so much content).

Reactions:
Why is it not possible? That interlude feels relatively grounded and small-scale and wouldn't be affected by ancient humans or anything.
Mainly cause I’m worried that it might contradict details of this arc, as you just said there aren’t rebels in Isreal at the moment. Also, because this arc does have the Bremerhaven subplot, so writing about rebels in Israel might feel redundant to readers.

Mainly cause I’m worried that it might contradict details of this arc, as you just said there aren’t rebels in Isreal at the moment. Also, because this arc does have the Bremerhaven subplot, so writing about rebels in Israel might feel redundant to readers.
Oh, I see. What I was trying to say was there were rebels in the Middle East (particularly Kurds and loyalists near the Persian border), but not in Israel itself, which was fully pacified.

This Tianxia update deals with Eastern Europe. It covers the nations of the Timurid and Onggirat Khanates, Russia, and Lithuania. I know it has Dacia in the image but I am going to do that when I do the Balkans update. Also I know some of the nations might change color between this update and the Middle East and Central Asia update and that is because I am trying to find out what their final colors will be in the world map.

Tianxia-Legacy of the Great War:
Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe.JPG

Onggirat/Mongolia = Greyish Brown
Timurids/Khazaria = Red
Russia = Green
Lithuania = Dark Red​

Timurids/Khazaria and Onggirat/Mongolia
The origins of Khazaria and Mongolia began with the previous Yavdi Empire. The Yavdi Empire was born from the uniting of the Finnish people after they were driven from their homes in Scandinavia by the Norse and their Empire. The one who would unite the Finns was a peasant named Yavdi who created the Yavdi Empire on November 7, 1114. However Yavdi was conquered by the Mongols in 1248. Yavdi would become a puppet state which would last until 1252 in which Yavdi, the Ghaznavid Empire, and Russia would declare their independence. The Onggirats are believed to have come into the story with the Mongol Invasion and remained independent until at least the 1830’s making them one of the longest lasting steppe hordes. The Timurids came in later in the 1300’s who were led by a Mongol Zunist named Timur. Timur wanted to create a Zunist nation and “free the holy Temples of the Sun from both Slavs and Zoroastrians.” The Timurids were able to overrun Persia by 1400 but by the 1600’s The Timurids were conquered by their neighbors such as Persia, and India, with India getting the lion's share. The years between 1600-1900 saw mumerus changes. Such as the Toghorilid reforms a series of reforms initiated by the Toghorilid dynasty who ruled during the Roman Renaissance which saw the monarchy try and create a more centralized state. They did this by forcing the ancient clans to reform and become more like Roman and Russian noble houses. Any noble who resisted would be sent into Siberia to lead " “colonization missions,” but these efforts were dashed by the Ming who sized control of the region in the China Wars. Yavdi was able to retake some land in the Imperial Century in what many historians refer to as "Weltkrieg 0." thanks in part to the efforts of Nikephoros von Hohenzollern but Chinese sponsored separatist movements become increasingly bold in their tactics. Yavdi would enter the Great War on the side of the Central Powers and both Yavdi and China entered a stalemate with little gains. In order to tip the balance in China's favor the Jinyiwei had supported an armed insurrection in southern Yavdi. The insurrection saw the local separatist movements rebel against their Finnish overlords. This saw the trade and supply routes between India and the Reich to be cut. The two states named Khazaria and Mongolia would quickly adopt the Chinese style of constitutional monarchies. After the war the two states remained Chinese allies despite having lost some of Yavdi’s western territory to Russia. By 1936 it remains to be seen as to whether or not the two states will drift further into China’s orbit, be taken over by a resurgent Russia, or go out on their own.

Russia
The Russian Republic began its rise after the decline of rival Rurikid principalities and other regional powers like Scandinavia, the Lithuanian-Ruthenian Commonwealth, and the Saray Empire. However it is under Isiaslav I Rurikovich which many Russian Nationalist say is the start of their country. For it was under Isiaslav who saw the country converted back to the Slavic Pantheon. This would earn Isiaslav many enemies and when he died on March 7, 1068 many doubted that it was due to natural causes and even today many scholars believe that he was the target of a conspiracy by the last remaining Christian Nobles in the country. Over the next few years many successor Rurikid’s would reign for a short amount of time with the longest reigning for only 26 years before dying from either assassination or stress and it wasn't until Sbyslava “the Sword of Jarilo,” came of age in 1109 with her cementing her power by being the first Russian empress on January 5, 1118. Over the course of a decade Sbyslava would rule Russia until her untimely death. The country was taken over by the Mongols on September 5, 1247 and would endure a Mongol occupation before eventually freeing itself. The following years would see Russia become involved in numerous conflicts with the Scandinavians and Lithuanians known as the Commonwealth Wars in were Russia would take most of the Baltics, including parts of Lithuania proper.

Russia's entry into the Great War in 1914 on the side of the Reich would at first be met with great enthusiasm. However after a string of humiliating defeats at the hands of the Chinese that optimism would quickly vanish. To make matters worse Russian Tsar Vladimir II who took power in 1915 vowed to continue his fathers centralisation reforms. This would anger many presents who would turn to someone to lead them in their protest. That man was Vladimir Lenin, a man from a wealthy middle-class family who over time would become the head of the Russian Equalist Movement. The anti-Tsar protest would reach a head on when Yavdi would capitulate and leave the war leading to Chinese forces to be redeployed to the Russian border. This would cause many Russians to see the Tsar as corrupt and incompatent and would lead to a popular revolution with the Tsar being forced to abdicate with Prince Georgy Yevgenyevich Lvov forming a weak provisional government that would see Russia withdraw from the war. However Lenin and his Equalist would challenge Lvov for power. However Chinese forces in the region would intervene on the side of the provisional government. However the country would be left devastated both socially, economically, and politically. During the first peacetime elections in 1922 a new government would be formed between the Constitutional Democratic Party (Kadets) and Equalist which would rule Russia for a decade. However during that decade Russia's economy would freefall and would see Russia enter into a treaty with the Chinese called the Chinese–Russian Trade and Credit Agreement, also known as the Kiev Agreement would see massive Chinese investment into Russia. Despite this Boris Savinkov, a war hero and rising member of the Equalist movement, broke away and formed his own party known as the Society for the Defense of the Motherland and Freedom or SZRS for short, due to him feeling that the agreement was a betrayal. In 1927 Russia attempted to take the Onggirat Eastern Railway in what was expected to be a short Champaign. However fierce guerrilla resistance by Onggirat forces and intervention by regional powers like the Timurid Khanate, and the Lithuanian-Ruthenian Commonwealth and the poor command of General Konstantin Sakharov ended the war in a year. This would benefit the Equalist and the SZRS, who saw it as proof of the Republic’s incompetence. In the aftermath General Vasily Boldyrev would launch a putsch in 1929 to “restore order” but falling and being forced into exile. There was also a Peasant Rebellion in 1932 in response to the poor land reforms but that was brutally suppressed. By 1934 the SZRS were swept into power following a wave of anger at the corruption and bankruptcy of the old government. The new government would see a level of popularity that has been until now unheard of in Russia. For now the democratic opposition in the Upper House led by Viktor Chernov has made it to where President Sakharov cannot act unilaterally in passing laws. Other opposition forces in the government and military also hinder Sakharov’s plans, however they are divided with many still harboring sympathy for socialism and even the monarchy. Will Savinkov be able to reform Russia in his vision, or will the forces in opposition be able to stop his plans? Only time will tell.

The Commonwealth (Lithuania)
The Lithuanian-Ruthenian Commonwealth otherwise simply known as The Commonwealth is a nation that was created by the Lithuanians. The Lithuanians are the last independent people of the Baltic. The Lithuanians were united by Vingoldas in the 1230s in which he became the first King of the new Kingdom of Lithuania, which was created in the 1300s. For most of its history The Commonwealth would be sandwiched between The Reich and The Tsardom of Russia for much of its history but by the 1640s when Russia was weak and the Reich dealing with the Fifty Years’ War Lithuania would take the region of Ruthenia and for the modern Lithuanian-Ruthenian Commonwealth. During the Commonwealth Wars from 1663 to 1791 Lithuania's territory and economy was devastated by the combined Roman and Russian forces with an estimated 60% of the country's population dying in the war. During the early 17th century the Commonwealth would enter a Golden Age in were its armies were even able to take the Russian city off Kiev but were driven back after the Fifty Years’ War ended. The Commonwealth would start to experience a sharp decline in its power in the following decades. Starting with a major rebellion's of Russians in the southeastern portion of the country that were crushed by the Lithuanian army. Further wars with Russia made Lithuania lose even more land and prestige. By the 18th century the country was in a state of Civil War between the King and the nobility in 1715 and only Russian mediation was able to bring an end to the conflict. By the dawn of the Imperial Century, Lithuania had become a rump state surrounded by the Reich and Russia and backed up by Scandinavian berserkers. During the 1840s with Revolutions appearing across the world Lithuania remained untouched. At the beginning of the 20th Century Lithuania’s nobility sought a return to the countries past Golden Age, an age in were The Commonwealth was able to bring both the Reich and Russia to their knees, a day when they were relevant. They soon got their wish.

At exactly 12 o'clock on 28 June 1914 a Lithuanian assassin killed Roman Crown Prince Franz Ferdinand. The assassin was a part of the Black Hand, a Lithuanian Nationalist terror group. It is debated even today if the Lithuanian government had any role in the assassination. However later with the Reich's Lithuanian citizens rioting after the trial of the assassin Gediminas Principas and due to attacks by other Romans on Lithuanians despite their Roman citizenship had caused Lithuanian King August to condemn the attacks on Lithuanians every ware. The Reich was left with a dilemma: on one hand they could not attack Lithuania without dragging its ally China into the war but the Roman people still demanded that their government do something. The Roman government decided to send an Ultimatum to Lithuania with ten demands that they were required to follow or risk war. Lithuania, confident in China's support, rejected the Ultimatum and so on October 1, 1914 The Great War or Weltkrieg had begun. In the early stages of the war the Lithuanian Army made a valiant effort in resisting the Roman onslaught however the combined might of the Reich and Russia caused the Lithuanians to fall back. It was only through the Russians withdrawing from the war and Chinese troops marching from the east that Lithuania was able to hold out. In the resulting peace Lithuania was given the whole of Ruthenia along with the Baltics from Russia. The Roman Civil War in the 1920s would see Lithuania taking the Roman Province of Taurica and the southern part of the Province of Poland nearly doubling Lithuania's size. Lithuania would have trouble managing these newly acquired territories however with the rest of the 1920’s being spent suppressing revolts. By the 1930’s Lithuania with Chinese and Scandinavian support had managed to weather the storm and by 1936 things seemed to be improving.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
However Yavdi was conquered by the Mongols in 1248. This occupation would last until 1252 in which Yavdi, the Ghaznavid Empire, and Russia would declare their independence.
Actually, Yavdi continued existing under Mongol rule, just as a puppet regime. It was just that the original ruling dynasty (House of Yavdi) died out in the main line and was succeeded by several other dynasties, ultimately ending up in the hands of the Mongol Toghorilids.
Steep Hords
I think you meant to say steppe hordes.
The Timurids were able to overrun Persia by 1400 but by the 1600’s The Timurids were conquered by their neighbors such as Persia, and India, with Yavdi getting the lion's share.
Pretty sure India took 80% of the Timurid lands and Yavdi only got a small fraction in the north.
Yavdi would enter the Great War on the side of the Central Powers and both Yavdi and China entered a stalemate with little gains
This is fine and all, but maybe go over more of Yavdi's history from 1600-1900, like the Toghorilid reforms, Siberian colonization, and Nikephoros' campaigns in Siberia?
The insurrection saw the Timurids and Onggirats rebel against their Finnish overlords.
Maybe you should rename them because in the main timeline the "Timurid" and "Onggirat" regimes weren't headed by actual Timurid and Onggirat khans, though that could have changed here.
where they signed the Geneva Convention and established national banks.
While I'm not saying this didn't happen, I don't think you need to say that.
in were Russia would take Livonia and most of southern and eastern Finland.
You could change this to say "most of the Baltics, including parts of Lithuania proper."
Prince Georgy Yevgenyevich Lvov forming a weak provisional government that would see Russia withdraw from the war.
I take it that this guy declared a republic? What's his relationship to the Rurikid tsars since he's a prince?
Will Savinkov be able to reform Russia in his vision, or will the forces in opposition be able to stop his plans? Only time will tell.
So he's going to be Kerensky'd, I guess. Ironic reversal of how he actually is in KR.
The Commonwealth would start to experience a sharp decline in its power in the following decades. Starting with a major religion of Russians in the southeastern portion of the country.
Not sure what you mean by the second sentence. I know you're talking about the southeastern Russian-majority region, but what happened to it?
Lithuania would have trouble managing these newly acquired territories however with the rest of the 1920’s being spent suppressing revolts. By the 1930’s Lithuania with Chinese and Scandinavian support had managed to weather the storm and by 1936 things seemed to be improving.
Any ideas on Lithuania's internal politics? What is the King-Emperor doing? What about the Galdikas brothers? Or any other major players?

Otherwise great work as always.