• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
JimboIX:yes poor Guthred never had a chance to prove himself and where the English monarchs are concerned your right they have all had french culture after Robert I.

Fulcrumvale: Well lets say at least unconventional. ;)

Raden Shaka:Your right there! Who knows perhaps Guthred would have turned out to be a conquering hero if only he had had the time.
Where the succession question is concerned I wont be giving anything away. Just wait and see how things develop.

Kurt_Steiner:Funnily enough England is also mainly concerned with itself since young king Centule I also has schizophrenia. :D

~Lord Valentine~

Really great AAR... when do we get the next update ? :D

gigau said:
Really great AAR... when do we get the next update ? :D
Ah my friend gigau!:D
I will try to update tomorrow or Friday but afterwards you will have to wait for at least a week. I'm going on a holiday to Paris from the 18th to the 25th of August. Hopefully all the impressive historical sites will give me some inspiration and motivation to make this AAR a even more pleasant experience.

~Lord Valentine~

Last edited:
Spothisto said:
Just read the whole AAR. Very interesting.
Too bad Alexander was locked up for 17 years...would have made a great king.

I must ask how you got I,II after character names (Gospatrick II, etc.) on those character information pictures. You edited them yourself or some mod?

You got to edit the save game...

Spothisto said:
Just read the whole AAR. Very interesting.
Too bad Alexander was locked up for 17 years...would have made a great king.

I must ask how you got I,II after character names (Gospatrick II, etc.) on those character information pictures. You edited them yourself or some mod?

Yes Alexander's tale is almost like a Greek tragedy. He was at the top of society as a great duke and renowned war hero before to great ambition and overestimation of his own capabilities (hybris) eventually lead to his highly pitiful downfall.
Now if I where a great writer like Sophocles or Aeschylus my writing would have made you learn from this tragic life story and lead you to a better understanding of the nature of the world. Well I still have some time to get to that level. :cool: :p

And considering the numbers behind the names gigau is right. You have to open the save file and search for the character and then add the number you want to his name.
Or you can use CrusaderEd a highly user friendly tool to edit all information on ingame characters (traits, prestige, gold and of course name, gender, religion etc.). If you have any problems or questions just pm me. :)

Edit 17th of August: Sorry I didn't manage to update the AAR before I leave for Paris. Well at least I will have a whole week to think about how to make the next update unforgettable. :D

~Lord Valentine~

Last edited:
Alright folks I have been working hard on an update over the last two days and I am already 75% through. I reckon I will post the update within the next 48 hours.

~Lord Valentine~

Lord Valentine said:
Alright folks I have been working hard on an update over the last two days and I am already 75% through. I reckon I will post the update within the next 48 hours.

~Lord Valentine~

At last some news ! :p ... don't keep us waiting !!! :D

Seconded... we want an update :D

Sorry people! I have been very selfish lately. Went out on Friday with a few friends and it took me the whole of Saturday to recover. Anyway there is not much left to do before I can post the update and I am 99% sure that it will be ready today.

~Lord Valentine~

Lord Valentine said:
Sorry people! I have been very selfish lately. Went out on Friday with a few friends and it took me the whole of Saturday to recover. Anyway there is not much left to do before I can post the update and I am 99% sure that it will be ready today.

~Lord Valentine~

What about that last 1% ? :( We waaaaant an update, pleeeeeeease..... :D

gigau said:
What about that last 1% ? :( We waaaaant an update, pleeeeeeease..... :D
I am soo sorry people!
Sometimes I think higher forces are against me. I was nearly finished writing the update and I was really satisfied with it when my Internet Explorer broke down. :(
I saved at least half of the update some time ago but I will need time to rewrite the rest. Although I think I will manage it tomorrow but there is absolutely no chance of the fixing it within the next hours. This is starting to develop like a really cheap tragedy. :mad:
I hope you can remain patient a little longer. I only hope I remain free of technical problems in future. ;)

~Lord Valentine~

Lord Valentine said:
I am soo sorry people!
Sometimes I think higher forces are against me. I was nearly finished writing the update and I was really satisfied with it when my Internet Explorer broke down. :(
I saved at least half of the update some time ago but I will need time to rewrite the rest. Although I think I will manage it tomorrow but there is absolutely no chance of the fixing it within the next hours. This is starting to develop like a really cheap tragedy. :mad:
I hope you can remain patient a little longer. I only hope I remain free of technical problems in future. ;)

~Lord Valentine~

Unlucky, but i dont care *starts fight with Lord Valentine* ;)

What do we want, men?

AN UPDATE!

And when do we want it!

WE WANT IT NOW!

:D