• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Continue to be amazed by your dissection of the game, Narwhal. I don't have much substantive to add about the last few updates from you and loki, but I'm enjoying the AAR and seeing how things are slowly unfolding. The Populares don't look like they're losing yet (but then, loki has a way with words, and strategically emphasizing some things while neglecting others ;)), but it seems like an uphill struggle, especially since they have to deal with Sulla and the Pontics at the same time.

As mentioned above thanks for taking the time not just to produce the AAR but also break down the mechanics of the game into easilly digestable chunks(well if you can describe the frontage rules as easilly digestable:D) Should all prove very useful when I take the plunge with this game.

Sick update. Honestly, I think this scenario seems kind of hard for the populares. Any clues to your grand strategy loki?

Sick update. Honestly, I think this scenario seems kind of hard for the populares. Any clues to your grand strategy loki?

by this stage it was to try and protect all my legions in training (hence the Syracuse operation), and build up one final powerful army to see if I could retake Rome before Sulla managed to beat the Pontics ... nothing subtle but I needed Rome as i was generating almost no EPs (I think just 1) per turn and that was hampering all my operations

Oddly enough I don't own these games but love to follow the games between Loki and narwhal. Have followed all of then I believe but have lurked! Anyhow I'm enjoying this game as much as the last!

Just wanted to tell you that I'm following your AAR. Many thanks for the great work - and especially for the beginners section, which also helped me to understand Birth of America better :) I agree, up to now the Optimates are much stronger, but still it's interesting to see, what a human player can do to slow down Supersulla a little ;)

Thank you ! Actually, with experience, I believe half of my BoA Beginner's Corner are more or less false, so I plan to do another BIA AAR with updated "Beginner's Corner"... but not anytime soon.

Also, I am going to work on the AGE wiki to make it cleared.

I have nothing in particular to say, but noticing a slow-down in comments I thought I would let you know that people are still reading and appreciating this. You've also persuaded me to buy RoP :)

Bought AJE because of your AAR and enjoying every second of it ;)

Thank you for your kind comments. It makes me all warm inside when people tell me they spend some of their cash due to something I did (which is not a domestic accident) :)

Continue to be amazed by your dissection of the game, Narwhal. I don't have much substantive to add about the last few updates from you and loki, but I'm enjoying the AAR and seeing how things are slowly unfolding. The Populares don't look like they're losing yet (but then, loki has a way with words, and strategically emphasizing some things while neglecting others ;)), but it seems like an uphill struggle, especially since they have to deal with Sulla and the Pontics at the same time.

Well, I essentially carry on for the Beginner's Corner, as I did not find the game SO interesting due to the massive imbalance (apparentely solved in 1.01, but I did not test it yet).

As mentioned above thanks for taking the time not just to produce the AAR but also break down the mechanics of the game into easilly digestable chunks(well if you can describe the frontage rules as easilly digestable:D) Should all prove very useful when I take the plunge with this game.

I believe they are less and less digestable, but since such guide are nowhere to be found, I went along.

I am also following. And also enjoying. Great work, guys. Keep it up! :)

Oddly enough I don't own these games but love to follow the games between Loki and narwhal. Have followed all of then I believe but have lurked! Anyhow I'm enjoying this game as much as the last!

Thank you !

The word you are looking for is "unbalanced against the Populares" ;). Again, this is the 0.99 version.

February 86 - Preparing for Roman on Roman hot action

Well, in February 86, I am solving a few outstanding issues.

In Greece, I finally defeat the Pontics decisively, at Migdonia.

Migdonia.jpg

25 000 dead Greeks, and an enemy stack that is wiped out.

One stack left :

Greece.jpg

Meanwhile, the Populares finally take that port on that island. Not so strategic, but it means Loki has 2 legions freed... except if I can trap them on their island. I don't have the ships for that... for now.

Meanwhile, my landing force for Africa is ready, but the weather is not :

Storms.jpg

Those storms can wipe out a fleet in one turn, so I will wait a little.

Finally, the Populares are ALSO getting ready for action :

ThreatinItaly.jpg

Another clash is imminent.

Beginner's Corner - Combat III - Melee Phase

OK, this one is a biggie. I promise the next Beginner's Corner are going to be more "beginner".

After having seen the frontage rule in the first Corner on combat, and fire phase in the second, let’s now study the melee phase.

To be honest, the melee phase is, by far, the most important in AGEOD. I believe 95% of the damage in battle are done in melee.

For this test, we are not going to take our archers or last time, but a stronger force in melee.

I wanted to take a legion, to have an epic legion vs phalanx combat, but I settled for something smaller :

On the Roman side, a unit of 5 elements of cavalry, with Sulla (6-5-5) merged with the unit, and a unit of 4 Roman auxiliaries. Sulla is the only leader in the unit.

On the Pontic side, a unit of 10 Hellenistic phalanxes elements, with Diogenes (4-2-1) merged with the unit, and Archaleos (4-4-4) leading the stack.

Here are the people involved :

Sidesinvolved.jpg

The battle happens in Wooded Hills. Both sides are in attack, but the Romans are “conservative” in their attack.

Once again, I am going to use the battlelog. The beginning is familiar :

13:05:19 (Reporting) GetRound SubList 22 SUs can be involved during this round.
13:05:19 (Reporting) Round: 0 Optimates is committing 9 Lines SUs and 1 Supports SUs
13:05:19 (Reporting) Round: 0 Pontus is committing 10 Lines SUs and 1 Supports SUs
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001190 Roman Cavalry [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 9 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001180 Roman Auxilliaries [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 7 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002486 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002483 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002489 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001192 Roman Cavalry [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 9 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002485 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002490 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001181 Roman Auxilliaries [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 7 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002488 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001189 Roman Cavalry [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 9 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002481 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002482 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001182 Roman Auxilliaries [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 7 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001191 Roman Cavalry [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 9 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002484 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001179 Roman Auxilliaries [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 7 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002487 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry [Line] Round ROF: 0 Round Initiative: 5 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001188 Roman Cavalry [Line] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 9 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) PON 1002453 Diogenes [Support] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 10 BattleGround: Wooded Hills
13:05:19 (Reporting) OPT 1001096 Lucius Cornelius Sulla [Support] Round ROF: 1 Round Initiative: 11 BattleGround: Wooded Hills

As you may notice, out of 22 elements, 21 are committed. The uncommitted element is Diogenes, who is merged with the phalanxes. While merged with the cavalry, Sulla is committed. Why ? Because there is no “independent” commander for the stack, so Sulla is considered as “not-merged” with the cavalry so he can fulfill this role.

13:05:19 (Reporting) Round: 0 Battle is now at range 1
13:05:19 (Reporting) There are 4 SU eligibles to attack at this range (1).

OK, we already did this phase. That’s the auxiliaries hurling javelins. Normally, this phase is clear for us.

13:05:19 (Reporting) Round: 0 Battle is now at range 0
13:05:19 (Reporting) There are 19 SU eligibles to attack at this range (0).

Ahah ! It gets interesting for us.

At range zero like at any other range, each unit is picked one after the other, randomly by influenced by initiative. Yet again, I cannot show it with the log, but the developer explained me that all the elements are put in a “randomizing bag”, and one element is randomly picked, each element being “weighted” according to its initiative.

Once an element is picked (it can only be picked once by round, there is no “rate of fire” equivalent for melee), it has to pass a modified quality (=discipline, see below for modifiers) test on a dice with 10 faces (it must do its TQ or less). If it fails, it will not attack this turn.

Basically, in the log, you will see something like this :

14:10:51 (Reporting) *** Start of action # 5 1001191 Roman Cavalry vs 1002487 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry ***
[lots of useless lines]
14:10:51 (Reporting) Attacker failed to assault (Quality check failed)
14:10:51 (Reporting) *** End of action ***

If the unit is picked and pass this test, the element has a chance to hit, in percentage, of :
Modified TQ * Modified Assault Value * 0,5
Unfortunately for the element, the targets strike back at the same time, with its own modified TQ * modified Assault * 0,5 chance to hit.

Modified TQ is basically base TQ + terrain bonuses + leader bonuses.

Modified assault value is base assault + lack of cohesion maluses + lack of strength points malus.

Note that leader bonuses work that way :

The relevant stat (offensive of defensive) of the leader of the stack is compared to the relevant stat of the guy of the other side for the relevant stat. Each difference in point gives a 10% bonus, but no negative value is possible.

The same thing is done for the leaders merged with the units, if any. In 1.01, the 10% bonus for unit leader should become 5%.

In our case, the relevant stat will always be offensive.

The result is added.

So let’s do the check for some Hellenistic infantry fighting the Roman Cavalry.

14:10:51 (Reporting) Attacker 1002484 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry health: 9 Cohesion:86
14:10:51 (Reporting) Defender 1001189 Roman Cavalry health: 5 Cohesion:58
14:10:51 (Reporting)
14:10:51 (Reporting) *** Start of action # 13 1002484 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry vs 1001189 Roman Cavalry ***

Calculation :

Chancetohitclassiv.jpg

Control :

14:10:51 (Reporting) Assaulter value with leader tactical rating: 8.40
14:10:51 (Reporting) Assaulter final Assault value: 10.00
14:10:51 (Reporting) Attacker ToHit: 42.00 rolled a 42 scoring a hit Defender remaining Health&Cohesion 1 / 38
14:10:51 (Reporting) Receiver final TQ value: 7.70
14:10:51 (Reporting) Receiver final Assault value: 12.00
14:10:51 (Reporting) Defender ToHit: 46.20 rolled a 45 scoring a hit Attacker remaining Health&Cohesion 7 / 73

The calculations were correct.

If it hits its target, the unit inflicts the first number after “assault damage” in strength points, and the second in cohesion.

You might note that the losses do not perfectly match for cohesion. This is due to the fact that a unit that assault (or fire, actually) loses 3 in cohesion “automatically”. A unit on the receiving end of melee loses 1 in cohesion (which for some reason is calculated “after” the “Defender remaining Health&Cohesion” you see above). The Greek element has thus lost 13 in cohesion in this combat (10 from the cavalry, 3 due to its assault).

Now there are a few things to note that can impact damage :

- First shock

An element that attacks in melee for the first time in the battle get a bonus depending on the unit. Most “civilized” infantry have none, barbarians get +20%, Roman cavalry get +50%

For instance (I had to run another battle) :

15:20:45 (Reporting) Attacker 1001190 Roman Cavalry health: 5 Cohesion:61
15:20:45 (Reporting) Defender 1002485 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry health: 10 Cohesion:86
15:20:45 (Reporting) *** Start of action # 7 1001190 Roman Cavalry vs 1002485 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry ***
(…)
15:20:45 (Reporting) Assaulter value first shock coefficient: 150.00
15:20:45 (Reporting) Attacker DmgDone: 0 CohDone: 0 AsltDmgDone 2 AsltCohDone: 10
15:20:45 (Reporting) Attacker ToHit: 52.80 rolled a 25 scoring a hit Defender remaining Health&Cohesion 8 / 71

If you count, the cavalry inflicted 15 cohesion damage instead of only 10, so +50% That’s the first shock bonus.

- Charge and Disruption

Many cavalry can attempt to “disrupt” or “charge” (heavy cavalry), depending on the element. This requires to roll a 30 (charge) or 20 (disruption)-sides dice under the discipline of the cavalry element. The discipline is modified by the offensive rating of the leader of the unit, or half the offensive rating of the leader of the stack if there is no unit leader. The chance to charge is also lowered by the entrenchment level of the target, and by its cohesion (which is good, see below).

Now a small point : Disrupt and Charge is mixed up in the AJE database as of 1.00 : heavy cavalry should disrupt (which is better) while normal cavalry should charge, but actually it is the opposite.

Given the high discipline of the Romans, the disruption is a given in most cases.
In case of success, the unit inflicts 50% more damage.
For instance :

15:20:45 (Reporting) Roman Cavalry is disrupting! That’s a charge !
15:20:45 (Reporting) Attacker targeting 1002482 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry
15:20:45 (Reporting) Attacker 1001188 Roman Cavalry health: 5 Cohesion:61
15:20:45 (Reporting) Defender 1002482 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry health: 10 Cohesion:85
(…)
15:20:45 (Reporting) Countercharge 1002482 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry failed forming square. (we will see that later)
(…)
15:20:45 (Reporting) Assaulter value first shock coefficient: 150.00
15:20:45 (Reporting) Attacker DmgDone: 0 CohDone: 0 AsltDmgDone 2 AsltCohDone: 10
15:20:45 (Reporting) Attacker ToHit: 52.80 rolled a 34 scoring a hit Defender remaining Health&Cohesion 7 / 62

As you can see, the Phalanx received 85 – 62 = 23 cohesion damage and 3 health damage.

The calculation is the following :

ChargeFirstshock.jpg

- Counter-charge

A counter-charge is the reaction of a defender (limited to “closed formation” infantry : cohorts, phalanxes, triarii…) when under a charge or a disruption. This requires to roll a 20-sides dice under the discipline of the cavalry element. The discipline is modified by the defensive rating of the leader of the unit, or half the defensive rating of the leader of the stack if there is no unit leader. You multiply this by the cohesion / max cohesion ratio, and you got your chance to succeed.

If the counter-charge is successful, the effect of the charge is cancelled and the defender got a bonus of +100% damage if it hits the charger.

Bottomline : Given that the minimum discipline of units with “counter-charge” is 7 and goes up to 10 without experience, they have more than 50% of chance of succeeding in their counter-charge. Given that they also have a minimum Assault Damage of 3 – your cavalry and its 5 health points is going to be slaughtered if you use it against those elements.

- Impact of Health & Cohesion

The rule for the impact of health is the same for melee and for fire.
Basically, for health :
- If your element has less than 50% of health, it fights at 75% of its capacity
- If your element has less than 25% of health, it fights at 50% of its capacity

Let’s take an example :

14:10:51 (Reporting) Attacker 1002485 Hellenistic Heavy Infantry health: 10 Cohesion:84
14:10:51 (Reporting) Defender 1001191 Roman Cavalry health: 1 Cohesion:36

The Cavalry has 1 in health out of a maximum of 5, so it has a -50% malus (20% of its capacity).

Check :

14:10:51 (Reporting) Receiver value with cohesion: 12.00
14:10:51 (Reporting) Receiver value with penalty from losses: 6.00

[As for cohesion – I am waiting for more testing, so I will expand this]

- Impact of stances

Well, finally, you wondered what the stance were for ? Well, the chances to hit (range and melee) are increased or decreased according to the stance of each side.
Here is what their effects are :
- All-out attack gives you +35% of chance to hit the first round, but gives your opponent +50% the first round. These 2 bonus will slowly go down as turns pass.
- Conservative attacks will give -30% chance to hit to both sides starting on the 3rd round,
- Feint attack – 70% starting from the second round
- Defend at all costs gives +10% to both sides

All other stances give no specific bonus.

Narwal wrote: "Thank you ! Actually, with experience, I believe half of my BoA Beginner's Corner are more or less false, so I plan to do another BIA AAR with updated "Beginner's Corner"... but not anytime soon.

Also, I am going to work on the AGE wiki to make it cleared."

I just wanted to volonteer being the ennemy if you thinked to play French and Indian war scenario. I will defend New France with all I got ;)

[Sorry about this ... with being away and so on, I'd forgotten it was my turn ]

Some siege progress, one problem is my (still) inert leader at Corcyra is more likely to end up knocking the damn town down before he takes it.

And look how evil the Sullans are being. Subversion now.

Ah, seems as if he did finally decide to attack

In Sicily I am still waiting for that legion to finish training. At least the Pontics don’t seem interested in nay more fighting.

I don’t think I am doing very well. Low NM and out of EP.

At least I’ve not seen that damn crow for a while.

At least I’ve not seen that damn crow for a while.

<Cue the first image of loki's next update being that crow again>

I must say, old chap, you sound positively dispirited! I admit the final screen makes for some grim reading, but you did take Corcyra and you still have that legion-in-waiting (i.e. it hasn't been annihilated yet whilst being utterly helpless). Whatever happened to the optimist who proudly proclaimed that the War of 1812 was winding up to its glorious, America-victorious, conclusion - while every single American city was in British hands and the White House burned? ;)

I must say, old chap, you sound positively dispirited! I admit the final screen makes for some grim reading, but you did take Corcyra and you still have that legion-in-waiting (i.e. it hasn't been annihilated yet whilst being utterly helpless). Whatever happened to the optimist who proudly proclaimed that the War of 1812 was winding up to its glorious, America-victorious, conclusion - while every single American city was in British hands and the White House burned? ;)

no need to worry, soon my new large army will swoop on Rome ... and strangle every damn crow in the city :cool:

I was very glad to see another AAR from you both and this has proven as good a read as all the others. What with Narwhal, albeit briefly, losing Rome on the one hand and loki coming under attack from his cats on the other it has been an action packed read. Eagerly waiting to find out whether or not loki's new attack on Rome will prove a success.

So, lets see where we are (actually under cat attack [1] irl, but that is not modelled in the game).

[1] – clearly outside it is wet and cold, however the cats have reached the point where even they cannot sleep any longer.

Scottish cats are far from daft!

March 86 – Neptune’s breeze toward victory

In Greece, I have yet another victory against the filthy Greeks, but Archaleos’s force manage to retreat without much damage, and I don’t even know where :

SouthernGreece.jpg

The other good news in Greece is that I locked two of the Populares legions on their island. Good !

Meanwhile, I am not quite sure what the Populares are up to in Italy :

Notunderstood.jpg

But the good news is that the storms have passed, it seems, so I am going to launch my landing :

Landing.jpg

That’s 3 legions I will not have in Italy, though, so I decide to accelerate my victory on Mithridates :

SUllamoves.jpg

The idea is to move as quickly as possible to seize everything until Byzance. Then, I will let one legion behind me to stop the rest of the Pontic army, and sail everyone else to Italy.
By my calculation, Archaleos is out of supply, so he should not be a problem on my back.

Mithridates, on the other hand, grows desperate :
NastyMithri.jpg

Beginner’s Corner : Combat IV - Targetting

OK, we now know how units fight – but how are they picked, and how do they pick targets ? That might be interesting.

Who fights ?
As explained by the AGE wiki, the chance of a particular element to be engaged is random and is modified by:
• After the first round, whether the unit is already engaged (big increase in chance to be engaged again).
• The number of hits (i.e., health) an element has (the less hits, the less chances to engage,
• If routed, chance to be picked is reduced.

Who is their target ?

In most cases (units with at least one element which is not a support element), the attacking element first picks an enemy unit at random. Any unit in a stack involved can be picked, provided it has at least one non-support element, even if it is not “engaged” in the round. The probability to target each unit is the sum of all the (remaining) strength points multiplied by the combat signature (a stat whose target picking is the only purpose) of each element in the unit.
Note, for non-AJE purposes, that the “unit” is taken at the division level ; so if having artillery in your division makes sure that that artillery actually shoot at enemy combat division and not support division (think about it when making your ROP divisions…)
To know the combat signature, you will have to look at the /model file. For your information, archers have 20 in combat signature, cavalry 50 and heavy infantry 100 (default, when it is 100 you will see nothing in the model).

Cavalry.jpg

Once the unit is selected, an element will be picked :
- First, among any non-cavalry element (including artillery),
- If none if found, then, among any cavalry element
- If none if found, then, among anything else.

For naval combat, it will be :
- Among any combat element (warships),
- If none if found, then, among transport ships,
- If none if found, then, among troops onboard the transport ships.

In these 3 “categories”, there will be some “smart” targeting, for instance
- cavalry elements (charging / disrupting elements) are more likely to target low cohesion elements (to avoid counter-charge),
- elements are likely to "fight back" the enemy units attacking them
- (for non AJE games) artillery elements of a given units are more likely to target whoever is targeting the infantry element of the unit, and oppositely, your non-artillery element will attack whoever was targetted by artillery.

Finally,
- all elements from one unit will target elements from the same enemy unit in a given round. If the unit is destroyed before everyone shoots at it, the extra attacks are "lost" (rare case).
- any element can only be attacked by two enemy elements for a given round at a given range, until "saturation". When everyone got hit twice, there is no more limit :)

Last edited:
Well, while my legions take a relaxing Greek holiday in Corfu, it seems as if the evil Sullans are not the only evil people in this game. No wonder I am the Hero in this production.

I seem to be the only person around here with a sense of decency.

Just to make the point as to how nice I am being, the Spanish voluntarily have a whip round to give me a nice present for the Ides of March.

And that damn lazy bunch in Sicily are almost ready to actually do something. Rome will be mine again.

Oh, and just to say how much I appreciate the work that Narwhal is putting into his side of this AAR. As maybe clear, I am being a little bit passive, but till a mass of new legions finish their training there is not a huge amount I can do.

Equally, if you have the time, go and read the 5th edition of AARland's own e-magazine: The AArlander, its fast becoming rather good and with lots of interesting points of views.

Just to make the point as to how nice I am being, the Spanish voluntarily have a whip round to give me a nice present for the Ides of March.

So kind of them!

More good stuff, Narwhal seems to be making the best of his strong position whilst loki continues to win both the hearts and minds of the locals.

Hmm... Comparing Narwhal's plan (storm across Thrace until you conquer Byzantium, leave one legion behind on guard duty and then send the whole mob of veteran legions back to Italy) to loki's (create one - or two? - green-as-springtime-grass legions in Sicily and then invade the Italian mainland), I'm tempted to give a slight edge to Narwhal. Purely within the statistical margin of error, I hasten to add (before I actually make a real prediction that could be held against me), but potentially signifcant nonetheless.

Bah, I've been exposed to election coverage in the US too long, it's starting to seep into my AARland comments! :confused:

Anyway, even with the Sullans being almost as evil as the Mithridatians (or however they style themselves), even with loki being such a kind and compassionate leader, universally beloved by his subjects, I still fear that the Optimates will triumph over the Populares here. The small matters of both quality and quantity are hard to overlook. ;)

From what I can tell (which is very little) Narwhal seems to have the upper hand right now. Loki is going for a long term strategy but do you have the time to make it work? Only time will tell!

Hi there,

Big hiatus on the AAR, and quick poll.

The hiatus is due to me changing job (for the better), and getting some time to get used to it.

Now, here is the poll : I planned to use this AAR to do "beginner's corners". Currently, I have my last beginner's corner on battles in queue, but I am waiting for an answer from the dev to understand how everything works. I sent my questions very late (see above), and the devs themselves are really busy due to the Birth of Rome expansion (among other), and because my questions are on area of the code Where No Man Has Been Before. So, two solutions :

- Finish the AAR without beginner's corner - it is not very long anymore anyway (less than a year).
- Wait for the beginner's corner - which could take 3 or 4 more weeks.

Any opinion ?

Thank you.