• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ATBKING

Man Of The Highlands
14 Badges
Jul 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III
FLAG_zps1e20a22b.png

I made this flag myself. Im so proud!!

Ok, Down To business.

2013-03-13_00085_zps34bf4bbd.jpg

This is Frankfurt. It is part of the Center Line of the Germanic HR members. It shares Borders with Three nations. To the North, lies the Strongest of the Central Germanic Nations, Hesse. To the southwest lies one of the Holy Roman Electors, Maine. To the Southeast lies the insignificant Wurzburg. But, we are even more insignificant. We are just a Free Imperial City. A Republican city that has nothing good to show for it.

Ok now, House Rules. So far Gnorf has given me the dont elect Diplomatic Leader Types. That sucks cuz now I really dont have a chance to expand seeing as you need a diplomacy skill of 6 to get a claims casus belli. If you have anymore that seem interesting tell me. I like being challenged.

House Rules
1) No Diplomatic picks for leaders ~ Gnorf
2) Every leader must serve 8 years and ONLY 8 years NO MATTER WHAT.
3) Only two unlawfuls at a time.
4) Stay as a Republic.
5) My Religion for this game shall be Reformed. Ive never been reformed before.
6) No more then three Vassals.
7) Still debating on forming Germany. Im thinking no at this point but we shall see.
8) If Gone over the Infamy limit, then Vassals must be released until there are 5 points between amount and limit.
9) No Cheats No Restarts
9) Everything is on Normal, with the Exemption of Colonizing. Set to 200.
10) Luck Nations off

Expansion Goals
1st) Conquer Germany.
2nd) Conquer Italy.
3rd) Conquer Scandinavia
4th) Conquer France
5th) Conquer Jagiellonian Dynasty.
6th) Conquer Europe

Lets get this ball rolling. A new chapter comes out every wednesday. Look forward to it!!!

Anfangen ist leicht, beharren eine Kunst.
(To Begin Is Easy, To Persist Is Hard)

Table of Contents

The Adviser Era(1399-1435)
Chapter I: Look To A New Future Pt.1
Chapter II: Look To A New Future Pt.2
Chapter III: Look To A New Future Pt.3
Chapter IV: War Against Bavaria Pt.1
Chapter V: War Against Bavaria Pt.2

The Gukpa Era(1435-1459)
Chapter VI: What Should We Do Next??
Chapter VII: Wurzburg, You're In The Way!!

The "Three Kings" Era(1459-1481)
Chapter VIII: Two New Faces, Two New Wars!!
Chapter IX: The Useless War
Chapter X: We Hope To See You Soon!!

The "Four Horsemen" Era(1481-14??)
Chapter XI: Put The Name Frankfurt On The Map!!
Chapter XII: Austria's Might
Chapter XIII: The Conversion Out Of Spite!!

The "Where Is Gukpa" Era(1481-1541)
Chapter XIV: The Day He Never Returned
Chapter XV: The War Against Denmark, OUR FIRST PORT!!
Chapter XVI: Two Cores and a A New Vassal!!
Chapter XVII: The Might Of Frankfurt Grows!!
Chapter XVIII: Our Next Move

The League of Extraordinarily Awesome Men Era(1541-15??)
Chapter XIXa: The Return Of The Legend Pt.1
Chapter XIXb: The Return Of A Legend Pt.2
Chapter XX: Wrong Side Of The War

The League of Extraordinarily Awesome Men And one VERY Sexy Female Era(1541-1620)
Chapter XXI: A Woman's Charm
Chapter XXII: Into Space?
Chapter XXIII: No More Danes
Chapter XXIV: Swiss Cheese
Chapter XXV: Good Food
Chapter XXVI: The Peace
Chapter XXVII: The Last War as Frankfurt

Birth of Germany(1620-16??)
Chapter XXVIII: The Schweiz Demise
Chapter XXIX: Keep it Simple
Chapter XXX: The Top Dogs
Chapter XXXI: The Little Things In Life

Interactivity approved by Mr. Capiatlist

Last edited:
I was awaiting eagerly for this. I didn't expect quite as ambitious goals though :p

Nah, if anyone would do it, I'd expect it to be you :p

I just realized the starting sliders are extremely similar to Switzerlands.

Yea, you know how ATB does it, go big or go home!!! About those sliders, I love em. Best starting ones I've ever had.

Yea, you know how ATB does it, go big or go home!!! About those sliders, I love em. Best starting ones I've ever had.

Indeed. How do you plan to expand? Warnings and vassalization while waiting for Incorporate Country missions?

Indeed. How do you plan to expand? Warnings and vassalization while waiting for Incorporate Country missions?

Since attacking with no Casus Belli is out of the question, My Idea is to ally myself with certain nations and take provinces slowly. maybe put the Alliance CB to good use. Other then that vassalizing and Integrating.

Since attacking with no Casus Belli is out of the question, My Idea is to ally myself with certain nations and take provinces slowly. maybe put the Alliance CB to good use. Other then that vassalizing and Integrating.

Sounds fairly straight-forward. Have you played anything yet?

Chapter I: Look To A New Future Pt. 1

BEHOLD!!
The oh-so insignificant Republic of Frankfurt

Plastered right in the heart of Germany. No way to expand except for through the my immediate border nations. I don't wish to bring the ire of The Emperor upon me. Seeing as I'm one of the weakest nations in the Empire, my work is cut out for me. My Immediate goal is to takeover the center of Germany and head north. My biggest problems at the moment are Hesse, Bavaria, and the Palpitine......(Hahaha, Aniuby is a fool!!!) I mean Palitanate. Now my Immediate concern is finding Allies close by that can help me in war. So far, my council wishes for Hesse to be an Ally. Im against it, but keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

2013-03-14_00130_zps1aa5e1ed.jpg

I guess I will just go ahead and bide my time doing missions until I can get my chance to go to war and grab my first province.

2013-03-14_00131_zpsfe8054ce.jpg

2013-03-14_00132_zpsfc3cc55a.jpg

2013-03-14_00133_zpseb4cbc87.jpg

My military leaders seem to not agree on what type of nation our army holds. Here, let me choose for you.

2013-03-14_00134_zps77484e71.jpg

We also sent an alliance to the Nation of Ulm. Why?? I dont know, because they said yes!!

2013-03-14_00135_zps2930a8b7.jpg

Our Policy sliders are paying off!! Look at that!!

2013-03-14_00136_zpsca0b1782.jpg

We now get our first Election, and our Ruler is selected from the Admin button.

2013-03-14_00137_zps30a5d5b6.jpg

What a great first ruler. Perfect for running a country. Everything goes quiet for a while..... until!!!

2013-03-14_00140_zpsfe2f89cd.jpg

The only thing between me and new land, was Wurzburg. We asked for Military access, it was granted. War was Immediately declared!!

2013-03-14_00141_zps59127587.jpg

2013-03-14_00142_zpsf189e1bc.jpg

2013-03-14_00143_zps49521ffa.jpg

I called in Hesse to deal with Cleves.

2013-03-14_00145_zps25732928.jpg

The following Month, Franken fell. But there was a problem.

2013-03-14_00146_zpse3edb598.jpg

Mr Palpatine wouldnt allow me to take control of it. They refused to cede Franken. My army isnt strong enough to take them on, what shall I do??

I can see him laughing at me now!!

palpatine_zps3ed19695.jpg

End of Chapter I​

the Palpitine......(Hahaha, Aniuby is a fool!!!) I mean Palitanate.

Frankfurt will die, as will your friends. Soon you will pay the price for your lack of vision!

Anyway just get mercs and stomp them, since you have the cash to spare. But I don't think it's a good idea to vassalise the Palatinate because Bavaria always attacks them, unless you think you can hold off Bavaria and their allies. And Bavaria can't be vassalised in one war, as their provinces are 104% warscore total.

Hmm. What's their army size? Perhaps those timely 100 ducats would allow you to go far enough above your force limits.

Frankfurt will die, as will your friends. Soon you will pay the price for your lack of vision!

Anyway just get mercs and stomp them, since you have the cash to spare. But I don't think it's a good idea to vassalise the Palatinate because Bavaria always attacks them, unless you think you can hold off Bavaria and their allies. And Bavaria can't be vassalised in one war, as their provinces are 104% warscore total.

I dont know. Im not a big fan of Mercs. All that oney to blow for this war dont seem right. but Yea, Bavaria will become a nuisance no matter what I do. I just have to choose the correct/best way to do it. We shall see how this goes.

Hmm. What's their army size? Perhaps those timely 100 ducats would allow you to go far enough above your force limits.

They currently hold 8000 troops to my 2000. I dont want to go over my limit yet. Since Franken is one of the most profitable provinces in the definite area, I want it under my control either by ceding or Vassalizing. Oh man decisions decisions!!!

I dont know. Im not a big fan of Mercs. All that oney to blow for this war dont seem right. but Yea, Bavaria will become a nuisance no matter what I do. I just have to choose the correct/best way to do it. We shall see how this goes.

They currently hold 8000 troops to my 2000. I dont want to go over my limit yet. Since Franken is one of the most profitable provinces in the definite area, I want it under my control either by ceding or Vassalizing. Oh man decisions decisions!!!

An integrate mission would probably give you a core on Worms or Pfalz anyway. I say take it.

An integrate mission would probably give you a core on Worms or Pfalz anyway. I say take it.

That's unlikely - you won't get the integrate mission unless you own a territory adjacent to them. And owning Franken would just mean Bavaria attacks you directly rather than the Palatinate. If you're not willing to build up to beat the Palatinate you should probably just take some cash and peace out.

My opinion is to instead vassalise either Cleves or Saxe-Lauenburg - the former has fewer potential threats around it, but the latter is easier to reach and more useful for forming Germany - and use the slight buff to forcelimit/income to work on your next target. Diplo-annexing the OPM without the mission would only give you one unlawful province, which shouldn't be too much to bear.