• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice update, sir. It's too bad that the dastardly Turks got their hands on some of your technology. All the same, your description of the traitor’s untimely death was priceless!

Superb work taking Thrace, now you rule in the Balkans and it is time to secure a CB so that you can grow in the west as well :)

Ok, an update of almost 30 years:

1734-35:

We got two almost identical leaders. Leopold von Traun, an important person in a later war, is 4/4/5/1. He arrived with the French loan repayment. Meh, at least we're making money, try again. Sachsen, in '35, brought stats 4/4/5/1. However, he didn't do so much. We also got a bad government policies event. I didn'T move the stability slider in fear of screwing up, but just invested instead and completed it in 3 years (the repairment of stability). Stability isn't even that important right now.

1736:

French-Dutch war. This war didn't last long because of indemnities to the French, but it shows the warmongering of the frogeaters. j/k. We will break their conquest down.

1738:

-Sir, we got a new enemy.
-Who?
-The Russians.
The emperor knew what to do. The Russian declaration on Poland drew all Wallachian troops in Polish grounds, so Leopold von Traun promptly besieged and took Wallachia, Maros and Moldavia.
Further timeline:

1738-1739 June:

We slowly besieged or stormed the three provinces. Mostly assaults, because they were all Small lvl2, incompetent defenses against Austrian power. Of course, here began the troubles.
1739 July-1741 May: We first tried to demand any mathematical combination of two provinces. Then Maros or Wallachia plus payment. We even tried to settle for one province. But Russia was greedy and sticked to his provinces all the way. Well, if it's war they want... We realised in 1740 that we could wait out the winter, move troops into the mainland, besiege a weaker fort and retreat, then proceed to demand stuff. However, the Czar realised this, and not wanting to waste more troops against the Austrian superpower, offered Maros and Moldavia. We united Hungary under Austrian flag again.

1740:

Karl VI was growing old, yet everyone of his subjects liked him for his successful expansions and good governing of Austria. Or apparently not. The citizens of Constantinople couldn't stop being a crybaby, so they asked for their ex-Sultan for help. He replied by sending an assassin to try and dispatch the emperor. He was however as stupid as they come, and the emperor noticed him... but wanting to get a little pride, instead of calling for help, he engaged the Turk in combat. The bad news was, he shouldn't have had so much pride. The Turk won. Of course, there was big mourning, and the assassin was deported in the same way as the one with the bayonets. This time though, he was rumored to die in one more way: starving, he fell off a cliff, right into a bear's mouth, who was just shot by a hunter from Neu Triest.

We got a new monarch, Maria Theresia. But I just had to write a story... She instantly appoints a minister, Kremer, to help her in certain matters. We now got a 5/5/5 monarch (though we got the event about diplomacy -1). She started the Flood French Frogs Trade Embargo Aggravating Program (I mean, flood some French markets and hope they embargo us for CB)

1741:

This was the year when we acquired Maros and Moldavia, but also, not much later, Lugansk and Lipetsk changed hands-the Russians grew a bit. So they aren't so weak after all? Noooooooo...

1742-51:

In the later years of this period, only one thing happened: Palatinat got Flanders from the Dutch. He's a French lapdog BTW. This is irritating, as we're unable to annex the little jackal in a later war, but will get money though. Earlier, we get a random goods manufactory in Presburg, are disappointed with French people repaying every loan and not even accepting more loans this time, and are shocked because Russia takes...

INDUS...

from the...

MOGULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very unexpected.

1753:

The Saxon worms declare war! We'll take revenge. They will pay the ultimate price.

Timeline:

1753 April: Saxon troops march into Thuringen, laying siege to the medium fortress. (didn't bother upgrading, not expecting any dangerous attack)
1753 May-1754 Jan: We quickly raise a 40000 army from Thrace and nearby provinces, and send the 46000 army Leopold von Traun commands to engage the Saxon. A 30000 army, of them 6000 are gotten from army enthusianism, get eliminated to 5000 before we retreat. Since we don't have a neighbor bonus, that means they must have a really good leader. Let's see how Leopold does... well, he slays them to the last man, butchering down women and children too to avenge the loss of 25000 soldiers, before moving to Anhalt (Saxony is already under Polish siege)
1754 Feb-1755 March: The siege is horribly long, but our leader allows us to crumble the walls a bit sooner than normal (It's still a maximum fort FFS!) The Saxons beg for peace offering Anhalt. If we could have offered this, we would only have made a separate peace, leaving them to Polish... but whatever, we snatch it from them and send an insult to them too.

1756-57:

There has been much rejoicing in the Wiener Court. The empress got news that the French banned them from trade and sent the merchants back with whip-marks upon their backs. At last! This means that it's time to teach the powermongers a lesson! (No, taking all of balkanese Turkey is NOT powermongering. :wacko: )

We declare war on France in 1757, noticing that we got an embargo, apparently in '56 according to the log. Timeline:

'57 March: We hand in the declaration. Prussia and the Palatinat springs in to go after the French in the counterattack, while Poland and Toscana, our new ally, comes to aid us (though Toscana got indemnities from France and jumped out early)
'57 April-'57 November: A Prussian army marches through Austria to aid attacking Lorraine, destroying one weapon manufactory in the process. Nevermind, we'll rebuild afterwards. We invest in Stability all the time. The Prussian 30000 army, led by Ferdinand, is stopped at Alsace. We lose 20000 men (we only have 20000 more under Leopold von Traun, and 10000 at Von Lacy to protect against further Prussian incursions, plus rebel suppressing groups and a few smaller armies, and the colonial expedition forces) but the Prussian help force is annihilated to the very last soldier. We make a party then go to Helvetia and lay siege. We have 1 star against Prussia by destroying the army but they won't make peace, not even when *we* offer 250 D.
'57 December-'59 February: We slowly get Helvetia (maximum) by siege. A 50000 man army assaults the Lorraine garrison, but a miracle happens: The 30000 soldiers and 60 cannons of the city guard strike out and decimate EVERY SINGLE FRENCH!
A new enemy comes, numbering only 30000 this time, but expanding by 5000's. Too late now, we capture Helvetia, and with the 40000 remaining soldiers of Leopold von Traun, we rout the French besiegers, letting only 10000 escape. We pursue them, but are stopped by a French ambassador who offers us Helvetia and also lifting the embargo.
We accept. We let the French know they are not the best by far, and we got our trade rights back. We also removed a thorn from our side. This was a very successful war, although we almost lost when the French assault came... if it was successful, I don't know what would have happened. Maybe even territory would had to be ceded.

Screenshot. Notice Sweden ruling entire Scandinavia and also Gotland, Austria expanding, Russia breaking down the Poles a little bit and a few more.

ScreenSave32.jpg

War with France at last superb. Well it ended well in the end and you got Helvetia, but it sounds like it was hard fight, but you won and that is important :)

Edit: Post 2400 :D

In my experience other countries nearly always repay loans. Loans were once heralded in this form as the "goldprovince without inflation".

Nice trick to edit the save file to move his capitol. You have his entirr european area now, well done.

If you want a CB on France, flood the trace center in Paris.

This update features... peace! Ah, the hippies are happy now. But will it continue so?
1764:
The artisans are unhappy! They must have been really unhappy because they did break some of those almost-made Steam Machines they were inventing. Though Maria Theresia was heard to comment "I couldn't give a ... flying rat's ass about what they do about their inventions. The country won't live off these fancy things."
Apparently our Queen and Empress forgot all about the three manufactories Infra gives, and the bailiffs etc. too. Artisans Unhappy, halved infra. Dang...

1767:

Styria once converted to Protestant... now they're Catholic again. Who cares? We tolerate everything and anything, since we have all of these: Catholic, Counter-Reformed (Louga, for example, which was made during the counter-reformation), Protestant, Reformed, Sunni (Thrace), Orthodox (Kosovo and a few crap provinces near the Balkans)

1768:

The army is now in top shape. After researching lvl52 Block Formations, we reached the apex of technology and are unmatched by all powers, with the possible exception of France.

1770:

See 1768, just with Trade. Now we only have Naval and Infra, and since those are either not important (Naval, we are not freaking Spain dammit!) or slow (Infra), most of our slider power now rests in Treasury, with our average monthly income being 30D. We invest lots of gold in the following years upgrading forts and raising soldiers.

1771:

Traders on strike... after reaching a Pre-Industrial state, the merchants started to refuse more research and improvement on trade. The empress just waved a hand and told them to "go home, we don't need better trade."

Halved Trade. Apparently they didn't realise our Trade is maxed out.

1774:

Not so important, but our fortification is randomly increased in Erz giving us a Maximum fort there.

1775:

After maybe a century, or even more, Nouakchott is boosted up to a city. This prevents future attackers from getting free warscore by attacking Nouakchott. Also gives us 1 extra governor to reduce inflation. I'm surprised, that despite the gold mine, inflation is only 0-1% lately. Though governor places are filling up...

1776:

Maria Theresia just went on a holiday. She chose the city of Franzensfeste, in the far North, to visit. But one of her programmes involved visiting the French and English colonies nearby, and she noticed one of the cities is named "Moose Factory" !!! Of course, an order of moose was dispatched, and the 400 moose were distributed among Austrians.

We got an event about a valuable mineral. So I went to make up a story and noticed this English city name, Moose Factory. Um,,,, lol?

And now comes the moment of truth! There are 15 years and a few months left from this GC. So it's the readers' time. Vote for what would you like to see accomplished in this AAR! Vote for anything, almost any request will be accepted (but do not vote: Annex *remote country, major, or Sweden*, WC, and also do not vote Annex Morocco. Please.)

Nice update, but I don’t think this AAR should end with peace. I say it is time to give the French a bloody noose once again. Attack France…

Since it would be funny to see an Austrian Ireland. I say take Ireland

Actually, not. Austria taking Ireland is not only impossible, but will destroy my whole.... nation. It's 1784 and Austria not only hasn't progressed in taking anything - anything - from Ireland, but has also got a shitload of cheating French who would have already taken me off if they would not storm any fortress and deplete their forces. And mathematically impossible too... I can quickly raise forces from my 6 conscription centres but that won't be enough to replenish the attrition of those horribly crappy Irish provinces. 1784 and I'm getting money from the French. Please choose another goal for the remaining 8 years, I'm not gonna suffer anymore from this.
But at least this is an update. :mad: