• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks to all who have read and enjoyed this AAR. I hope it’ll be the first in a long line of AAR’s here on the paradox forums. Expect to see the aforementioned Spanish AAR soon and I’ll pop up on the Vicky forums once I get the game (I love Christmas ;) )
Anyway, enjoy the final update!

The Greek Empire

Epilogue:1977-2007

The Greek Civil War: 1977-1981

The War was humiliating to the Greeks. The social, political, and cultural divisions of the Empire were too deep and caused the war. At first, the ruling Imperial Council took away many rights of Serbs, Bulgars, and Turks, and rounded them up in refugee camps. The war started in favor of the Greeks. They captured thousands of rebels and executed them. All throughout 1977 and halfway through 1978, the Greeks killed many rebels and civilians and lost the support of the world. In fact, even the Greek public demanded reforms. Then in 1978, a combined force of Serbs and Bulgars captured the vital port of Varna, in Bulgaria, and defeated two Greek Armies. The defeats were humiliating and threw the Greeks out of Bulgaria. Then the rebels sweeped around to cut off Serbia from the Greeks and then freed that country. But the hardest fighting was in Turkey. Heavy street fighting and repeated sieges destroyed Ankara and caused thousands of casualties. But with foreign supplies and weapons, the Turks surprisingly used the mountainous terrain to wage a guerilla war that exhausted demoralized Greek forces, while the Serbs and Bulgars continued to put pressure of the Balkan front. Slowly, by 1981, Turkey was liberated. At the Treaty of Vienna on February 12th, 1981, the nations of Serbia, Bulgaria, and Turkey were officially founded.
TOTAL WAR STATS
FORCES
Greece-400,000
Rebels-1,000,000
CASUALTIES
Greece-50,000
Rebels-200,000

The Civil War
argies.jpg

expolsion.jpg

Subsequent Events

After the war, the Imperial Council, threatened by a military coup, gave into public opinion and held elections for the next Emperor and Prime Minister. The government was radically changed and most of the power was given to the Prime Minister now. However the Emperor still maintained much power over the military and could veto laws and appoint positions (with consent of the Imperial Council and Prime Minister). So Greece, while still retaining its title as the Greek Empire (this includes the Emperor, who doesn’t now have total power), effectively became a republic. Throughout the 80’s, the nation relied on foreign imports for many products. However, when the 90’s came around, the nation received a resurgence and the economy was greatly boosted. The utopian dream set long ago was finally coming true, as Greece found a perfect middle between policing the world and staying out of trouble. In fact, since the Greek Civil War, the world has not had a war. Greece had won fame and prestige after building the Hellas Tower, the world’s tallest building at just over 2,000 feet tall in 2002, overlooking the Golden Horn in Constantinople, the capital. Greece is now one of the few superpowers, on par with the US and China. It is the business, tourism, and economic center of the world. The world is quiet these days, and the Age of Peace is settling in.

The Hellas Tower

StPetersburgGazprom.jpg

WORLD MAP 2007
greecebm9.png

Venizelos University, Constantinople, Greek Empire
Professor Aristeides Konstantinedes
December 3rd, 2007 Years Under Christ

Last edited:
ok, well, now i can go on with my coming spanish aar

EDIT: the civil war description is gone! just gimme 5 minutes to write it up again

anyway, in conclusion to this serious aar......

FF8.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. Greece comes out the definite loser but manages to find an "honorable" way out and saves the nation. The three-way global balance of power must be interesting (especially w/ no major nations of opposing ideologies left); it would be fun to watch how the world develops in future years, but I think that you chose a good moment in time to stop :)

well, dont think greece was all that well off after the civil war, the military had a big influence on the government and the economy was stagnant, it took until the 90's for the nation to truly get back on its feet. but the world is much better off in this TL then ours.

the total casualties from all the wars from 1939-1949 are estimated at around 20 million
while WW2 alone is estimated to have caused 50 million

no cold war, nuclear weapons, and 3 cooperating democratic superpowers with a stabilized africa and middle-east

what a wonderful world to live in! :rofl:

Jushu said:
THIS really bothers me... Finland ISN'T a Baltic state... its part of the Nordic countries... :mad: :mad:
but the other three are... does the Baltic And Also Nordic War sound better?

Jushu said:
THIS really bothers me... Finland ISN'T a Baltic state... its part of the Nordic countries... :mad: :mad:

Baltic in this case refers to the Baltic Sea.

Yes, Baltic does refer to the Sea it takes place in.

So how did you all like the AAR? Was it a good first AAR?

Also, is it just me or has this AAR inspired like 3 other Greece AARs and all of them have a Megali Idea accomplished in it. YAY! I'm influential!
We have completely influenced the AAR community (relations improved by +30)

:rofl: