The Great Shattering Illusion - What if WW1 Never Happened?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you all!

We are making solid progress! We have been slowly filling out events in Europe, especially Ireland and post Civil War events for all the forms of France!

We are also doing video dev diaries!

We are making solid progress! We have been slowly filling out events in Europe, especially Ireland and post Civil War events for all the forms of France!

We are also doing video dev diaries!

Plock was owned by Russia before WW1 you heathen, Kaiserreich is corrupting people's views of history. I will get the Polish flag again, It isn't that hard to make the flag again. (although Poland really shouldn't exist, but that is just my humble opinion)
Screen Shot 08-17-17 at 02.10 PM.PNG

If you don't have a shield file for a tag the shield will show up as a black box.

Attachments

• Poland.rar
    32,7 KB · Views: 22
I'm pretty sure it says in Wilhelm's trait description that he pressured Russia into giving poland independence. As for Germany owning Plock, maybe the Poles gifted it to Germany or something, dunno.

I'm pretty sure it says in Wilhelm's trait description that he pressured Russia into giving poland independence. As for Germany owning Plock, maybe the Poles gifted it to Germany or something, dunno.
you are not wrong with the first fact, but if I were to be serious there is no way Poland would willingly give land to Germany (Danzig or War is the evidence), the only way it would be plausible is if Poland was a German client Kingdom (like it was during the Great War)

Plock was owned by Russia before WW1 you heathen, Kaiserreich is corrupting people's views of history. I will get the Polish flag again, It isn't that hard to make the flag again. (although Poland really shouldn't exist, but that is just my humble opinion)
View attachment 292501
If you don't have a shield file for a tag the shield will show up as a black box.

Consider that my bad, and I will work on fixing that flag. I must have mistyped the shield file for POL.

You have a good voice for narration.

And thank you very much man!

I was not aware. Though my difficulty extends to the creation of all graphics. The stuff I make meets the exact same specs as normal DH graphics but they are often broken. It is the thing I have to work on now that i am more confident with coding. I will definitely make use of it though! Thank you very much!

Here is another short dev diary showing off a few important folks in France for this mod as well as a brief discussion of alliances!

Nice idea for the mod, i will gladly play it when it get more filled with content, but for now i have some questions:

q1. What about Spainish internal affairs? i assume that republican sentiments are still existing in this timeline and Spain itself is quite destabilized country, how this relates to their support for Maurras?
q2. Why Congress Poland exist? What is the lore/idea behind it? And more important, what are the plans for it?

And small suggestion, regardless names of countries, if you intend to have few governemnts for one country, give them more specific, precise names. Calling Maurras government "Monarchist France" is ok, but it should be temporary, to name monarchist supporters government, but later it should be renamed (depending if they bring King or Emperor to throne, though i'am not sure whether Maurras would even consider Bonaparte for monarch). Other reason is that it just looks weird, when you have Kingom of Spain on one side, and Germany (not German Empire) on other.

And small suggestion, regardless names of countries, if you intend to have few governemnts for one country, give them more specific, precise names. Calling Maurras government "Monarchist France" is ok, but it should be temporary, to name monarchist supporters government, but later it should be renamed (depending if they bring King or Emperor to throne, though i'am not sure whether Maurras would even consider Bonaparte for monarch). Other reason is that it just looks weird, when you have Kingom of Spain on one side, and Germany (not German Empire) on other.

Yes, the country will rename herself eventually, of course - we already have the flags for an Empire and a Kingdom as well.

It is a referemce to Code Geass. My first contributions to the mod were a bunch of flavor events. This event helps keep dissent up in France leading up to the election.

One of the concepts I have been toying with is using flavor events to add brevity to what is a world slowly going mad leading up to the outbreak of The Great War. Some of the events are meant to be references, like Rasputin Sighted and the Orange Man event. Others are there to be the funny amd strange things you sometimes see in the newspaper.

I am toying with where I take this idea if I keep it in, and of course I need the approval of my team. I am curious what you think of it as well.

I like it, it adds a narrative feel to the mod. As the war nears people become increasingly insane, until finally all the madness boils over and the war starts. Its a cool idea, just be careful not to over do it.

Must say, pretty good mod! Played as the Monarchists and got my ass kicked because I underestimated the Communists. It was pretty fun though, going to give it another shot later.

Btw, is America going through the Great Depression like OTL or did the Great Depression never happen and the Roaring Twenties never ended?

Must say, pretty good mod! Played as the Monarchists and got my ass kicked because I underestimated the Communists. It was pretty fun though, going to give it another shot later.

Btw, is America going through the Great Depression like OTL or did the Great Depression never happen and the Roaring Twenties never ended?

Thank you for playing! One of my goals for the next build is to flesh out all the Frances and the civil war so that you can have even more fun as the monarchists.

America is suffering through a localized Great Depression, along with Mexico who is tied even closer to Washington thanks to the 2nd Mexican-American war. It is mainly for gameplay purposes so that America isnt too OP right out of the gate, but it does play a role in how America is shaped through 1936.

Made a quick Dev Diary to show off the changes to the map in China and also briefly outline the situation of The United Kingdom in 1936.

Good diary as always, the world of this mod is quite interesting. Keep up the good work.

Small suggestion.
If Britain and Germany go to war, and Britain conquers the German colonies, perhaps the British could finally complete the Cairo to Cape town rail way.