• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice. I love some good infighting. Keeps up the troops edge.

Yes, it is good for something. And also, it is stuff happening :)

Can you re-annex Macedonia?
There were two Armenias?

Yes. And for Armenia, three of them, the old Armenia (which is actually a republic ruled by Sarmatians, it was overrun by barbarians some time ago), Macedonian Armenia (that revolted from the Seleucids and got promptly annexed) and Egyptian Armenia (that revolted from me and got promptly annexed).

I see the Ptolemy's have gone for the Seleucids must die strategy. that's likley to take some time.Shame about Macedonia revolting. Disloyal governors are a right royal pain.

Yes disloyal governors are annoying. The Seleucids will probably survive to the end, only 20 years left after the coming update, and they have enough provinces to survive a few more wars (not to mention all their provinces have the best walls in the game except the uninteresting Arabian ones that only have the second best).

What is with all these Civil Wars? It seems like every other update you have one.

Well what the Chief said, and the fact that while I do have enough money to bribe everyone until they are happy, I can't always be bothered, I mean there are a lot of them and they get disloyal again after a few months anyway :p

I am the Pharaoh. I am Isocrates, the second pharaoh to bear that name.

313fwc4.jpg

The rebellion in Macedonia was quickly brought to an end and peace restored.

2s0cnwl.jpg

But obviously that did not stop people scheming. My useless brother Ezena had to flee to Pontus after he failed to kill my son and heir. He always had more ambition then sense. The strength of Egypt convinced the kings of Paphlagonia and Cyrenaica to pay tribute. Then it was time to strike against the Seleucids. Seleucid King Omirus called in his allies Armenia, Bosporus and Atropatene. However Bosporus was involved in a bloody civil war and accepted a white peace, and the Armenian capital was quickly taken so they agreed to pay tribute. In the end only Atropatene would be able to provide any real support for Omirus. In Adiabene the first proper battle in the war ended with a Seleucid victory.

nqa71v.jpg

However the Seleucids avoided further battles and I took Seleucia. One year after the previous battle I once again faced the Seleucid army in Adiabene. This time I was victorious.

34tef6x.jpg

However a failed invasion of Gelae led eventually to another battle against the Seleucids in Adiabene, yet another shameful loss.

219bdie.jpg

However after some manouvering what would be the final battle in the war against the main Seleucid army was fought in Garmakan leading to a Seleucid defeat.

213lym9.jpg

Fighting continued for two more years as Omirus refused to admit his defeat. However then one Metrophanes rose in revolt against Omirus and the Seleucid kingdom was thrown into a civil war.

2enbyh1.jpg

Omirus could no longer refuse my demands. Babylon and Garmakan were ceded and the Seleucids hold over Mesopotamia was greatly weakened.

2qkrlhj.jpg

While there was peace in the east, I turned my attention toward the Getae. War was declared and the called for help from their allies the Bituriges and the Boii. For many years I fought the barbarian hordes, but while I was successful, my successes were not great enough to gain what I had wanted, Tomis. During the war Nabatea and Pontus declared to cease paying tribute. The Nabateans were quickly defeated and resumed their payments, but Pontus proved to be a tougher opponent. After three years of fighting and the complete loss of one army to the foul Pontics they agreed to pay tribute.

There was little manpower left, it having been drained by the wars against the Seleucids and the Barbarians, so peace would be needed as the lost army could be replaced and the Empire be prepared for coming wars. Luckily the Seleucid civil war still raged with Albania having taking the oppurtunity to declare independence, and promptly put under my protection. And the Getae found themselves thrown in a civil war of their own.

j7yr00.jpg

A golden opportunity to DoW the Seleucid rebels to gain more land aand you pass it up to attack the barbarians. And fail to take any land at all from them.
Too little time remains to c0nquer the Seleucids.
You have got a very powerful Egypt and Rome has been reduced to a handful of provnces. that's a solid achievement.

An excellent pharaoh. Only his martial could have been better, but is good nonetheless.

I agree, he is a good one.

Time to strike the Getaes?

Sure, why not.

And so Seleucids continue to crumble.

But they did manage to go for quite some time before getting their first civil war.

A golden opportunity to DoW the Seleucid rebels to gain more land aand you pass it up to attack the barbarians. And fail to take any land at all from them.
Too little time remains to c0nquer the Seleucids.
You have got a very powerful Egypt and Rome has been reduced to a handful of provnces. that's a solid achievement.

Did underestimate how much trouble the barbarians would be. Managed to go from somewhat less then 180k manpower to 0, not everyone can do that in a mere three years :p

And the Seleucids got donations and such things so they scraped together a rather impressive army (especially considering what they have had for some time).

Speaking of which, how much time does remain?

When you asked, about 20 years. Which is the length of the coming update.

This was an oppurtunity not to miss. The local army was dispatched and quickly moved in to liberate Tomis.

359b6v7.jpg

While the Illyrians joined the fight on the side of the Getes, there was little actual fighting, and as the Getic rebellion began to falter, peace was made and Tomis came under my benevolent protection.

2qbx305.jpg

The Getic rebellion lasted for almost two more years until it was brought down. The Seleucid civil war on the other hand had ended a few days before the war with the Getae with Omirus still on the throne. Despite initial struggles, he had managed to gather a vast army of 70,000 men and defeated the opposition.

It was at this time I, in my great and limitless wisdom, had my divinity proclaimed all across the realm. No one could doubt the truth of it.

v5iade.jpg

No one but Philocrates, the general that had liberated Tomis decided to attempt becoming the Pharaoh himself.

8vvlz6.jpg

He refused to acknowledge my divinity, but him and those who followed him soon found themselves defeated on every turn. After a long march I met his army in Epirus and I crushed his forces. The traitors fell in great numbers, and I was victorious.

eai32b.jpg

He fled with the remains of his army to Thessaly, but after some fighting he was captured and executed. Such is the fate of those that dare defy the divine Isocrates.

2mmsocy.jpg

Some rebels remained, but after a year of fighting they had been defeated as well. Peace was restored and the Kingdom could recover.

295z90m.jpg

While I ruled in peace, Omirus the Seleucid was not so lucky. Two thirds of his army, and most of his provinces decided to join the general Berossus in his bid for the throne.

345lb36.jpg

After four years of fighting the city of Ecbatana fell and Omirus fled to Arabia where he defiantly opposed Berossus for a few years, but in the end he was betrayed by those eager to please the powerful Berossus, who shortly thereafter died leaving his own son Omirus as the King in Seleucia. Corduene took advantage of the struggle and declared independence, and was promptly promised my protection.

So nearing the fourtieth year of my reign, I decided that being merely Pharaoh was not enough. No I was Isocrates the Divine, Pharaoh of Egypt and Basileus of Macedonia and Asia. King of Kings and clearly the Greatest Ruler in the World. Others may have boasted similarly, but while they suffered from hubris, for me it is nothing but the simple truth.

f57q5g.jpg

25ri7pi.jpg

Pharaohs 474-730
Code:
Ptolemy II	470-490
Ptolemy III	490-519
Ptolemy IV	519-540
Ptolemy V	540-546
Zosimus	I	546-563
Ptolemy VI	563-608
Zosimus II	608-640
Isocrates I	640-691
Isocrates II	691-

Egypt at the end
33lf581.jpg

2aqjnq.jpg

Congrats on completing the AAR, Lofman! That's a nice and quite plausible empire you carved out over the years. I like that much more then a WC (or in Rome's case: EC).

Congrats on completing the AAR, Lofman! That's a nice and quite plausible empire you carved out over the years. I like that much more then a WC (or in Rome's case: EC).

Thanks. And while I probably could have gotten a little bigger, I am quite pleased with what I got.

Congrats, Lofman! Like Qorten said, a very plausible empire. Definitely a tribute to Alexander.

Thanks.

Imperium?
Doesn't sound that Egyptian to me. :rolleyes::p

One reason why I waited until the last days of the last year (have had that decision available for a few updates). But then thought it would be nice to end the AAR with getting the possibly best government in the game, rather then just having to say it ended since the game ended :).