• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
Sorry, I've caught back up again.

Chapter 11
“My friend, come look at this!”

The Watcher grinned.

“What has the Nagyari been up to now?”

The Creature smiled.

DDOOXOw.png

“They’ve gone cybernetic, is what they’ve done.”

The Watcher pointed.

“Or rather, they’ve begun. A massive project, it is.

SjpFezG.png

The Creature nodded.

“Massive undertaking indeed.”

The Watcher laughed.

“Most curious it is. Not being content with what they have, they are making themselves better. For better or for worse, they are creating themselves a new Nagyari.

The Creature frowned.

“I take it they have done something about that unfortunate fleet accident?”

The Watcher nodded.

“Indeed. They are using their big surplus in food to boost their energy income. Over 1200 food units they are selling each month now. And with some of that energy, they’re buying alloys. With those, alloys, they are building a new fleet. It’s already above 23k in strength.”

The Creature gasped.

“Quite resourceful, then. And they’re not using it in war?”

The Watcher shook his head.

“No. They are, I guess, afraid. The Prime Watchers, the Kalaxenans and the Kenjodans have allied. The latter two are weak, but the former is equal in strength to the Nagyari. And remember, one of the fleets are severely weakened, many of the ships barely flying.”

Kzi4I6O.png

He grinned.

“And now look at this. The Kalaxenans have got an Yldar for Commissary-General. How curious.”

The Creature smirked.

“Must rub the Nagyari the wrong way, that.”

The Watcher jumped up from his seat.

XvDDWok.png

“Look at that. The Drums of War are beating. A Khan has risen.”

The Creature nodded.

“A time to decide then, who the bigger enemy is and how to respond. Do something, or wait and hope the enemies break each other?”

He smiled.

“Some cookies while we wait?”

I want cookies while I watch the galaxy implode.

In my most recent Stellaris game, despite two Marauder empires, there were no Khans. Was most disappointed :D

I want cookies while I watch the galaxy implode.
They're very tasty. :cool:
Great Khans are overrated! bet this one wont kill 12.5% of the Galaxy's population?
Well... Let's say the reign of the Khan has some interesting things to show for itself. ;)
In my most recent Stellaris game, despite two Marauder empires, there were no Khans. Was most disappointed :D
Loving it when they can just be crushed safely. :D In this galaxy, there were only one, and it rose.:)

Cybernetics? The Great Khan!? I go away on a quick snack run and everyone looses their minds!
Right? :D Suddenly the galaxy is not so safe anymore. :p

Chapter 12
“Playing with fire, now, are we Nagyari?”

The Watcher tsk’ed.

“What have the rascals been up to now, my friend?”

The Creature raised a brow.

ARvVdrD.png

“Jump Drives, my friend. Jump Drives.”

“Very useful, very dangerous. But if the lost fleet could use it, most fortunate. Unfortunately for them, they have no way of reinforcing much less upgrading that fleet…”

The Creature nodded.

“At least they are better suited to face whatever is coming now that they have finished the Cybernetic Revolution.”

V2CkpUz.png

The Watcher smiled.

“Indeed. And they have unlocked the ability to make planets into ecumenopolises. I wonder if they will utilize it and where… Most interesting…”

E4z2lo4.png

He gasped.

“Oh, the Khan is doing well. One of the bigger empires in the south – on the other side of the galaxy of the Khan no less – have submitted. Most curious…”

BuHcVzT.png

The Creature gave a quizzical look.

“Do they have jump drives or gateways then?”

The Watcher pursed his brow.

“Probably. I have not focused my energies down there. The north is way too interesting… Oh. Golly. Look at that.”

The khan is big and he's getting bigger all the time.

Arcology project, cybernetics, Jump Drives... all the ingredients for a regional superpower, possibly even a Galactic one.
Right? It's going my way. :) Only thing is, either the AI ship designer (I don't touch the part of the game, too boring and impossible to understand) don't make ships with jump drives, or I am doing something wrong. Can't figure out how to use jump drives, despite having the tech and having upgraded my fleet... :(
The khan is big and he's getting bigger all the time.
Ah, 'tis but a flesh wound...yet. ;)

Right? It's going my way. :) Only thing is, either the AI ship designer (I don't touch the part of the game, too boring and impossible to understand) don't make ships with jump drives, or I am doing something wrong. Can't figure out how to use jump drives, despite having the tech and having upgraded my fleet... :(

You have to use the ship designer, also make sure to auto-update the ship designs.

You have to use the ship designer, also make sure to auto-update the ship designs.
Too bad, I hate the ship designer. I feel totally lost in there. I just want the game to update it for me...

Chapter 13
The Creature turned.

“What now my friend?”

The Watcher pointed.

“Another empire submitted. The Khan’s Empire is on the border of the Nagyari now.”

wTVQoyD.png

The Creature nodded.

“Time for the Nagyari to take an interest then. I wager they are?”

“They are not. They have claimed much of the Kenjodans’ territory and build a huge fleet in their core territory; 33k strong. It can take on the Khan, I would think, but they are not moving against him. At least not yet.”

VR22Rgv.png

He gasped.

“And there goes another Empire. Why are not the Nagyari moving? I wonder…”

The Creature scoffed.

“Probably waiting for the Khan to die and his empire to shatter, and then move in to take the mantle. It is the way of authoritarians like themselves.”

He smiled.

“But I do see their appeal, my friend. Most interesting beings.”

He pointed.

t4jsAvV.png

“Look at that, though. Somehow, the Khan has moved in and obliterated the control the allies of the Nagyari had on the enclave. This means the weakened and outdated navy of the Nagyari is in danger…”

The Watcher nodded.

“A potential to get out, but most probably to die… Most curious… Seems like the Julau system is where they come.”

He turned.

“Just look at that. So many strong fleets. The Nagyari need to do something soon enough.”

P5j37Sg.png

Umqfrjp.png

mezpJOT.png

The Creature shook his head.

“Too late it seems. The old navy of theirs just got a beating and did an emergency jump, almost obliterated.”

He pointed.

“And look at that. They are attacking directly into Nagyari territory on the other side of the galaxy now.”

knTFogW.png

The Watcher pursed his brow.

“It is forced upon them, then. They need to fight. Do you still have any of that delicious cheese, my friend? I’m starving.”

Why aren't they fighting?