• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(20873)

Official EBU Representative
Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
Ok, I've begun playing a game as the Knights, a small country that consist only of the island Rodhes. I am using IGC 2.3 and enhanched AI for IGC. My objectives:
1. Secure my territory in the medeterania. Make sure that nothing threatens me. (Notice, this is an almost realistic AAR, im not annexing France or something)
2. Establish colonies (I have edited so I get one colonist/year)
3. Survive
Thanks to Languish for text organization idea.

Part I. Improved Realations and Great Mercants
We start following the Knights in 1492. The knights home were the island of Rodhos. Other knights were on Malta, under Spanish control. 1492 the Knights were a part of an alliance consisting of them, Parma, Milan and Tuscany. The Knights, however, were very neutral to the members and could not count on them in an event of war. Royal Marriges ensured their loyalty.
At the same time, mercants begun pooring out from Rhodos to the centers of trade in Genoa and Venedig. An offer about a royal marrige was handed over to the pope in the Vatican, but it was denied, slightley freezing the Knight-Papal State relations.
At May 24th the first war in some time happened. Poland-Lithuania (Moldavia) declared war upon Russia (Crimea, Ryzan, Pskov). This looked lik a major battle, and so it was, but no offensives was made. A status quo peace was accepted in November.
In 1493 Poland-Lithuania looked west instead and declared war upon the Teutonic Knights. Unfortunatley, the stabillity plummed and within a few years northern Poland was under Teutonic control. In 1497 Welika and Polotsk were handed over, thus creating The Empire of the Teutonic Knights. The Teutonic Knights were unified with the medeteranian Knights by a royal marrige.
During the war the Knights discovered several new techs, bulit artillery and finally upgraded the fortifications on Rhodos. Also, in 1496 the Mamelucks were defeated and anexated by Turkey.

Part II. War of the Worlds.
In 1497 Venedig declared war upon and annexed Ragusa. But what would make the 15th century worth to remember started in 1498, when Turkey declared war upon Georgia in an effort to expand north. Hungary, however, saw the war as a chanse to expand into Greece. They declared war on Turkey, bringing their allies with them (Austria, Bohemia, Wüttemburg, the Palatinat and Baden). As if this was not enough Venedig, Hansiatic League, Pommeria, Holstein, Portugal and Brandenburg soon followed. The Knights could not simply just sit by, with Turkey in sight, and watch. They declared war upon Turkey at June 4th 1498. Days later Poland-Lithuania and Moldavia also joined the christian armies, all with different objectives.
The main army of the Knights, the Knights of St:John, were loaded on the navy and taken to the african coast. With no time to spare they only captured Sinai and Quattara before they sped up to the greek southern coast. The army besieged Morea, got help from Genoa (who supported with artillery) and Moravias garrision hauled the white flag at May 15th 1500.
The commander of the army, Pierre d'Aubusson (also the monarh) did not stop. He pushed up throuh Greece, capturing Hellas in early 1501 and besieging Macedonia soon after.
At the same time, middle 1501, Persia, Spain and England joined the war. Persian troops poored in over eastern Turkey. Georgian troops captured the northern parts and Poland besieged what today is Ukraine. Hungary annexed Wallachia, while Austria took Albania.
Also, in 1501 Turket started to buy off its enermies. Bohemia and Genoa were bought off the list of enermies. After being offered Albania Austria accepted peace. Persia was happy to get a couple of provinces in 1502. With less enermies to worry about Tukey mastered an amry and crushed Hungary, who was forced to hand over the Wallachian province.
But now the Turkish treasure chamber were empty. Poland-Lithuania got a provice in the north and Georgia got to keep their already captured provinces. The Knights finally accpeted peace, giving them Morea and Quattara. The crusade against islam was over.

ScreenSave189.jpg

Survived to 1502, excelent start! I can tell you that your doing better then I ever have.

Thanks. And poor Turkey.
Question to the swedes: Isn't there a better translation for Johannitesodern then the Knights?

Part III. A new dawn.
At 8th December 1502 Denmark (Russia, Pskov) declared war upon the Teutonic Empire (Prussia). Soon after a peace was made, ending the time of the empire and surearly balkanizing the baltic, giving Russia Ingermanland, Estonia and Kurland, Pskov got Welika and Memel found themselves to be Danes.
January 1 1503 field marshall Philippe de L'isle offered his service to the growing empire. Ouer beloved monarch, Pierre d'Aubusson, died peacefully at July 11th 1503. A few days later Emeric d'Amboise was elacted as the new monarch. He would be known as the king of missionaries.
The years 1504 - 1507 was used to expand Quattara in to a city, wich was accieved in 24th September 1507, inhabeting some 200 turks and 500 Knights.

Problem: The game keeps crashing around 1512/1513, it just shuts down. Unless anyone can think of a reason and come up with a soloution this AAR is on ice.

klas_knas said:
Problem: The game keeps crashing around 1512/1513, it just shuts down. Unless anyone can think of a reason and come up with a soloution this AAR is on ice.

is there a log file indicating the lastest thing that happened? Does it always crash at the same moment?

CitizenPaul said:
is there a log file indicating the lastest thing that happened? Does it always crash at the same moment?

ni, it crashes at the earliest moment in december and the latest in febuary.

Nice start, I like the conquests (as always:D), too bad about your commitment to NOT go annexing France, though, pity ;) :p

Hope you can get your savegame fixed up, I'd hate to see such a nice looking Georgia cease to be (am I the only one who thinks that looks really cool? :p)

Good start against Turkey I wish you many victories against them. :D

Annexing them would be a good idea I think, or is the rule about France also true for Turkey? Maybe you could turn Mediterranian into your own lake. ;)

Good luck with the savegame.