• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 26, 2004
kublakahn3hy.gif

THE GREAT KAHN

To: Dr. Robert Birmingham. Cromwell Publishing. London, England
Re: Mongolian Coup

Robert
Mongolia is a cold, windy, and depressing place. But I feel oddly well seeing the Soviet consult burn down. The history of this Mongol nation is filled with battle (I'm sure you've read this all before but I am restating it anyways) after gaining independence in 1911, it was taken over by a Chinese Warlord, but that was displaced by the White Russian army making Mongolia a "protectorate." A small partisan army was formed and defeated the White Russians. The Mongolian People's Republic was formed in 1920, making it the second communist nation on the earth. The old fedual system was destroyed in favor of a true communist style. It has been under the Soviets thumb ever sense.
Well at least until a few weeks ago. Now be aware this is all second hand information that I, a foriegn German-American with an oxford education in acient Mongolian (hahaha), have obtained. But a young Mongolian, educated in Moscow, returned a few years ago. His name is Goligan Nefan, I saw him for the briefest of moments. He doesn't look like an educated man, he looks like Ghengis Kahn in an army uniform . Long beard, and piercing eyes, holding a Soviet rifle above his head.
Now I know Robert you and the other corespondents are curious as to what had happened. And I doubt you are paying my way arcoss the bloody globe to sight see, so here is what I have gathered so far. A small "security" force of Soviet troops where in a border town, and the locals were listening the a monk preach (this is were I am a tad murky on the subject but this seems the most likely scenario), the Soviets took the man and dragged him away to arrest. A common practice I am told, but the monk attempted to run and was shot down dead. The soviets laughed, and then the three of them were shot down, by Mr. Nefan metioned earlier.
Not the best start to a revolt, but after getting some men together and rallying them behind him Nefan rode to the capital, and without much bloodshed took the General Secretary into custody. The army joined behind Nefan a week later, and the people refer to him as Kahn. According the Mongolian beliefs Ghengis Kahn (and you better know who that is Robert!) will be reincarnated and lead the Mongols to glory again.
........................................................................................................

Goligan Nefan sat at the large ornate desk, it belonged to the prior owner of this office. He purposly snubbed his cigerette out on the varnished oak, sneering at the office devoted to Lenin and Stalin. He went to Moscow to become an officer in the Mongolian Peoples army, but while there he read on the great Kahn. He rode over the world in an Empire larger then the Romans. The Mongols were great, and still are, this is what he thought when he returned to his homeland.
It was just those Soviets poor luck that they saw him with his pistol crossing toward that bald man preaching Soviet annexation. Nefan wasn't the most athletic of men, but he certainly pull a gun out faster then the gaurds unslung their rifles. Looking over at the portrait of Lenin he smiled, " The people already have made my act into legend, I wonder what horrors you commited my bald friend."
Shooting them felt good, as did burning the General Secretary with his mistress, and wife. Nefan had great plans for Mongolia, communism had no purpose in his great Empire. Well the methods could work, but the Mongols needed and Emperor to rule them, not a secretary.
He knew he had to act fast, the Soviets would only take so long before "restoring order." Publicly he sent out telegrams telling the world of the Independent Mongolia, and how he hopes no one will bother his poor nation. "The west will jump at that no doubt," And the Soviets won't dare fight the west right now. Getting up he went out to the balcony and looked out over his troops. No longer in the tatty rags the Soviets gave, but good uniforms liking that of the Great Kahns troops.
mongoliantroopssmall1nm.jpg

The stores of Soviet small arms, would be put to good use. Mongolian horses would once again cross the earth cutting a path of destruction to all those who stood in Nefans way. Glancing at the world map back in the office Nefan grinned wolfishly as his hand moved over it encompassing everything, "Ghengis, Kubla, they are nothing compared to me! I have the rifle, the cannon, and the airplane! " He wrote down a few notes for his aide to pick up.
The army was worrying Nefan greatly. Field Marshall Kynovious, a respectable man, (although looking very much to have some Russian and Chinese in him, but once again Nefan was willing to make an exception to his tastes) drew up plans for increasing the Mongolian army. But they still fell short of what Nefan wanted, no chance for tanks or mechanized armed forces, with the current stae of the industry. Nefan was going to have to find a happy medium until a more permant solution could be found. Hating the idea, but a fool not to use a method that works Nefan set about setting up his five year plan. First year was to be to the take over of Siaking, and the industrial build up up that, and Mongolia itself. The second to miltary build up, as well as armor technology. Thrid was to spread out into surrounding nations. While the fourth and fifth Nefan decided would be a general build up, to increase production and the army itself. He took adrink from the fine wine the "people's" old leader had stored. It was sweet and very good, all the better when the image of his empire formed in his mind.
The ages of Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, and Mussolini were soon to be over. Soon the world would see the reincaration of Ghengis, and Kubla Kahn. Soon the world would see Goligan Nefan take his place in the world, as a humble leader of everyone.

Last edited:
To: Dr. Robert Birmingham. Cromwell Publishing. London, England
Re: Mongolian "State"

Robert
I hope this letter reaches you well, and it remians as solid as it was when I pened it. The Mongols are generous hosts and I hope that the truth of what they are doing to their people gets out it. Its wonderful! I saw it with my own eyes men, women and children lined up and cheering for the great state of Emperor Nefan! They are treating me well as they can, being an American citizen it is unlikly they would do anything to me, nor would they want to. The food, parties, and social events more then occupy my time. Please get me out of this dirty hotel, and let me accept the offer of the great Mongol Emperor to stay at his palace. Already they are on the border with Siaking ready to free the poor people, and protect them from the Soviet sphere of influence.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Lucas June 18 1936
P.S Feel free to send any following letters to the Mongolian Embassy in Britian.
.......................................................................................................

Emperor Goligan Nefan sat atop his golden throne, wearing a neat three piece suit his long beard neatly trimed. The national musem claimed the was once belonging to Ghengis Kahn himself, but the Ottoman cravings told Nefan otherwise.
He smiled at the military aides running around the makeshift thone room from the telegraph and few telephone lines placing pins on the map of Siaking. It was only early Febuary and already the Mongolian calvary were running over the enemy forces. A snag almost occured in his plan, but the reporters, and governments agents all are safely locked up in the dungeon.
Field Marshall Kynovious smiled beside Nefan, "We have taken the province of Hami sir." Goligan sat up walking over to the map checking it for himself.
screensave28aj.jpg

"Good," he grinned looking at the production charts for the first Mongolian tanks, or tankettes as the Russians would call them, soon the Mongolian Empire would expand westward and take the capital of Siaking adding it to his empire. "We need to make sureour actions are not seen, after all the Soviets recieved a great deal of problems from their "problems" with the public." The field marshall nodded making a note to his aide. "Right away sir."

Sitting atop a large hill overlooking the valley before him General Luvsan joted down in his journal June 4 1937 0930 : The Sinkaing forces have not returned fire as vigorouly as in previous days. Request for cavalry to moves around provine to hold off possible supply lines.
The capital of Sinkaing, Urumqi was a fair sized city by western standards, but to General Luvsan it was amazing. High ancient stone towers, and small farms outlining the area, no sign of the outside world anywere near it, except for the small adobe "embassy's." The town was to be razed to the ground, but Luvsan was given strict orders to protect the members of foriegn nations, and by protect he assumed it meant to remove them all to an area in which they can't report what he has to do.
"SIR!" an eager young private ran forward, his blue and red unifrom having no use on a battle field in Luvsan's eyes, but who was he to argue with the Kahn of Kahns? Beside his khaki uniform he bought from an indian trader was perfect for him.
"Yes?" looking through his field binoculars out at the northern tower fall. The private pointed to the remains of the southern city gate, an orderly line of troops moved forward. "What the hell are those?" Luvsan pointed his binoculars at the enemy and began to laugh. "Sir? what is it?" He handed the binoculars over, " those dear boy are flintlocks, meaning the armory to the west of the city is out."
d1370cw.jpg

"Get the calvary ready for a final charge," Luvsan barked. The privae snapped to attention "Yes sir!"
........................................................................................................

Emperor Nefan, the Kahn of Kahns, looked out over the battle field, he was flanked on all sides. But with one single move "Checkmate," The elderly man smiled, "Never saw that coming." Kubli was the Prime Minister appointed by Nefan, he was fun to talk history about, and let Nefan atleast think he was beating the old man.
"How did the army take to the new tanks they recieved?" Nefan smiled hopefully. "Currently they are moving to the south, the infantry and calvary commanders are still trying to fit them into our forces." Kubli nodded humbly.
"Excellent, with that we should have at least two divisons by next spring.Then we can move to what the Chinese are holding for us."
With a look up surprise Kubli reached into his briefcase pulling out a thick manillia envelope handing it to the Emperor. Opening it he pulled out the map, it was freshly made, saying in bold words the "MONGOLIAN EMPIRE" it encompassed all of greater mongolia and sinkaing. His fingers traced their way eastward, "Maybe...."
screensave46ud.jpg

Nice! The Mongolian soldiers have spiffy uniforms too. :D

Marching along the jagged mountian ranges of central asia was not how Hoogiki Adoishi pictured military life, but it was still better then working a steel press, or picking wheat. The Mosin-Nagant rifle slung over his shoulder feeling more familar, a few newer conscripts had Nefan 37's a lighter rifle supposed to be just for the Calvary "Lucky devils." He saw his first action in the final days of the annexation of Sinkaing. It was now May 1938 and soon he would take part in another war. He felt pride knowing he was apart of freeing a nation from the grasp of the soviet union, after the all the Emperor himself said as such. Even know he and the 1st Mountian Rangers are heading into Tibet alongside the Mongolian Cavalry to stop the Imperialist English from getting their hands on his southern cousins lands.
screensave319xe.jpg

"Sgt. Peepa?" Adoishi asked while tugging on his uniform, the red and blue having begun to fade, his coat one size too large. Whirling around quickly the small yet wiry sergent looked at him, "Yes Farmboy, what do you need?" A few other soldiers chuckled at this, ever since conscription training Adoishi was made fun of for correcting a superior one when to return home to help pick crops. His face slightly flush, "When do you believe we will reach Tibet?"
Peepa laughed, "We are in Tibet!" smiling still he slapped Adoishi on the back, "I kow what you mean though, compared to the fields of Home this place is just a glorified desert. No worries we shall move in save these people then go home." THe unit cheered at that, as did Adoishi.
suomi269rd.jpg

Emperor Nefan looked down at the gun on his desk. It looked like a rifle only much shorter, with a clip like that of a handgun near the front but it was curved. The barrel even had holes drilled into it, making it look like the cheese the westerners eat. "Its....um...certainly differnt Mr. Cothran." The muscular red-headed white man smiled back, he spoke his odd gutteral sounded English the american southern accent making it all the more ridiculous. The translator spoke to the Nefan his eyes cast to the floor, "That is why you hired me, your highness." Nefan nodded hoping this stubby thing had a use, after all the money it took to fly the engineer out, but then again he was the only engineer who answered the Empires call for a skilled technican. Picking the gun up he removed the clip and showed it to Nefan still having his ridiculous grin across his freckled face.
Tapping his finger on the desk he hoped Cothran would get to the point. " You see sir, when the infantry reaches more defended cities the rifle loses its edge. So volume becomes more important then accuracy....." finally seeing the boredom on Nefans face Mr. Cothran chuckles nervously, "You know the Tommy Gun?"
Nefan leaned forward knowing the weapon well from the movies he had sent from the US, "This does what the American gun does?" Waiting for the translator to finish Cothran nods. "Not as well, but your current level of manufacturing can create these easily enough."
Prime Minister Kubli sat across the large table from the Communist and Nationalist Forces of China. He knew the communists were no longer a threat, now that the Soviets are so far away (and say what one will about Mongolia no one makes it through its borders without some patrol seeing them) but they still had the army and the weapons to put up a costly fight. The nationalist diplomate stared back, "Well? What is your answer?" Kubli sighed hoping to avoid the question longer, but seeing no way out, "At this time Mongolia has no need to attack the Empire of Japan." The communist almost jumped at that, but had the restraint to hold back. "Surely you understand the threat Japan has to any nation near it." Shaking his head Kubli "Gentlemen please, without knowledge of the enemy Mongolia will not jump into the fray." The nationalist jumped up waving his fist "WE GAVE YOU THE LAND YOU WANTED! YOU OWE US..." Kubli let him rant on," I should say such abusive langue may make Mongolia think about how easy it would be to join in with the Japanese. But that would be against our goals would it not?" He smiled to himself wondering if they know of Japan's talks for Mongolia to take to western half of China. He bid the men good day, and went to reading his papers: Russia moving into Latvia, and Estonia. Germany declared war on Poland, the allies not doing a thing.
screensave405zp.jpg

League of nations coming to terms with "new ideas and members." Kubli laughed, threLeague realizing the flaws in a unamimous vote to act on any thing. With Japan, Germany, and a growing Mongolia to contend with the western powers are jumping at the chance to "ease tensions," or as neville Chamberlin put it, "Come to terms with nations wills, and in order to achieve peace in our time, allow every nation to decide on it fate. For who are we English to judge the actions of the Mongol, or Japanese ten thousand miles away?" WHo are they to judge indeed.

Hours later in the private villa of Field Marshall Kynovious, made of imported stone the Tibetian people generously gave him. Among talk of mistress's, brandy, and the finer points of cigars Emperor Nefan looked to Kubli asking calming, "Who do you think we should help?" Shruging Kubli pulled out the map he had Kynovious prepare. The field marshall spoke up "We have the plans for both wars, personally I'd go to China, they are weak and Japan would be a good person to have on our side." Kubli snubbed his cigar shaking his head "Its Japan or nothing, they are big strong, but if we join in with the Chinese we should be able to fight them off, that means we get bigger, and the greater enemy is taken care of."
untitled1kk.jpg

Nefan looked carefully, "We shall see...."

Last edited:
Excellent start to the AAR. And that is the funniest looking gun I've ever seen.

Black_Rattler said:
Henry v. Keiper said:
Excellent start to the AAR. And that is the funniest looking gun I've ever seen.

agreed

very true. btw, is that the WW1 French MG?

also, it is nice to see some HOI AARs! ! ! :D

subscribes

GhostWriter said:
very true. btw, is that the WW1 French MG?

also, it is nice to see some HOI AARs! ! ! :D

subscribes

It is a prototype for the Nationalist Chinese submachine gun in 1942. It was a variant on the Finnish SMG, the odd clip was due a conversion of the Chinese's earlier attempt at a SMG in the 30's, they had atleast 20,000 plus barrels, recievers, and banana clips in storage. The gun was phased out when it was obvious that the US wouldn't start sending weapons to the Communist forces.

Last edited:
General Lusvan looked out from the small staff car, before him was India. It looked like a large hill, but crossing it would mean the British Empire. Yet the possiblity was there, days before he recieved orders to examine "possible" attack points, in case England delcared war. From the looks of the Bristish patrol he saw hours ago, it is not in Mongolias interest to attack such a nation. Spinning his compass in his palm as he looks at the newest world map. It was english, and Lusvan couldn't understand it, but it showed the world. A world in which Mongolia seemed to dominate a part of it. Lusvan stared back out, smiling at the sight of new Mongolian artillery, and fortifactions being laid in.
untitled229sa.jpg

.......................................................................................................
Removing his glasses William Garrett Cothran took a sip of the hot coffee, a luxury the Emperor imports for him. While there is not much of a need for a slightly above average engineer, whos greatest skill was knowing the basics of a wide range of things, in the western nations. Here in Mongolia... hell he was Albert Einstien. Plus with him in charge of hiring new scientists, and techncians he could stay that way. So far the only true invention he made was the Cothran Sub Machinegun, or CSM-38. Other then that it has been drawing the specs for Soviet, British, and Japanese equipment from the grainy snap shots the Mongolian news corp sends his way. But now.....Now they wanted airplanes. Cothran was happy to help at first but after seeing the 1920's biplanes, with no crew, and no maintence his heart sunk.
But he wasn't one to let down a challenge, so snaging what ever people he could find with mechanical skills the work began. So far the great mongolian airforce is five brand new planes.The grease pencil in his hand moved slowly across the page, sketching a bomber, nothing fancy just enough to stall the enemy and go home.
1051tomasheinzprev2jl.jpg

the Nefan 101 named for the Emperor and the number of the manufacturing plant that makes them.
Emperor Nefan sat in his study before him, spread out on his desk, the plans for Mongolias war plans. But the choice was his alone, would China, or Japan be his next target? Scanning over the next years conscription, and production projections Nefan at least could see an improvement in the army, less cavalry, more trucks and tanks. Even a few planes, that Cothran fellow working overtime to turn the outdated Mongolian airforce (which is thirty plus planes) into something able to keep up with more modern aircraft.
The Tibetian labor added a needed boost to the industrial effort, and the remeants of Sinkaing, and Tibetian armies eagerly joined the Mongol forces. But even with all this Nefan still had to ask himself "The rising sun? Or the jade empire?"

Last edited:
So what you all think? Take on the Chinese and share the spoils with Japan, who could be a future ally if Germany does well in europe? Or should I get rid of a future rival now while I have other nations to help me and look north for future conquest?

You could work with Japan now, then worry about them later as you push west.

If you're going for history inspired recreation, I would go that route.

Fenwick: So what you all think? Take on the Chinese and share the spoils with Japan, who could be a future ally if Germany does well in Europe? Or should I get rid of a future rival now while I have other nations to help me and look north for future conquest?

note that your statement implies that Germany will be your ally! :D :cool:

how much industrial strength and manpower is there in the lands to the north? hmmm. will manpower be a problem once you annex China? have you added cores to all of (or, just eastern) Asia? if so, then ally with Japan and stay out of the sea until you are stronger, MUCH stronger! ::evil grin:: :rolleyes:

for my money, you should have cores on all of the Soviet Union (including its European parts) as well as all of Asia, except Japan... least you forget, under the grandsons of Genghis Khan, Mongolia extended west to (that is, inclusive of) Poland ! ! ! :cool: now that should be interesting. (a nation that is bigger than Asia. ) ::really big evil grin:: :wacko:

Fenwick: "if Germany does well in Europe?"

with you attacking the Eastern portions of the SU, how can Germany fail? also, it looks like your allies may have cores over parts of your land! :eek: ;) [time to get the eraser out.]

edit to add: if you take out Japan now, and still ally with Germany, then you will be much stronger, earlier. just a thought.

First off, you have a pretty good read here. I hope you will continue and see it through to the end.

To address your question of whether to attack China or Japan, I say if you think you can take the mainland Japanese territory go for it. Those parts of China and Korea are worth much more than Chinese territory in terms of IC and manpower. With no air force, this might be difficult, but if it is possible it is the best road. Nat. China won't get much stronger in a year, but Japan will just keep getting more powerful until the Allies attack. I say take mainland Japan, garrison the beaches, then turn on China and Siam, maybe Afghanistan.

The easy road is China, but the rewards are nothing compared to Japan.