• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
here are some screenshots of the new Tech Pics that will be included in GIP 0.3... Duchamp has made a great work on these so please everyone, give him a hand... he deserves it!

tech_1.jpg

tech_2.jpg

tech_3.jpg

tech_4.jpg

tech_5.jpg

tech_6.jpg

tech_7.jpg

Very nice. :cool: When can we expect 0.3?

Kaiser Franz said:
one slight problem, Oskar von Hindenburg there in one of the Gerry minister pics is actrualy Paul von Hindburg, who died in like 1934...

Thanks... this has been noticed, and he has been removed...

Jayavarman said:
Very nice. :cool: When can we expect 0.3?

We can't say for sure, but it won't be long... (last time I said an update would come soon it took two weeks, so this time I won't start to guess :rolleyes: )

will GIP include flags too? as there are some "inconsistent" flags in the vanila HoI2 - the Austrian flag and shield are different (the flag is with the two headed eagle while the shield is with a cross), Persia has the same case (the shield is a simple tricolour, while the flag is the 1939 Persian flag with a lion and sun in the middle). I've made some flags for HoI2 (including some Austrian and Persian shields and flags), and I could do more if you are interested.

grate jobb whit GIP, realy like it, one question, is it long untill you start working on countries like Commie China? i know its a strage question but im wondering about how prioritizet it is nothing more (kurently plaing theme :rofl: )

Enravota said:
will GIP include flags too? as there are some "inconsistent" flags in the vanila HoI2 - the Austrian flag and shield are different (the flag is with the two headed eagle while the shield is with a cross), Persia has the same case (the shield is a simple tricolour, while the flag is the 1939 Persian flag with a lion and sun in the middle). I've made some flags for HoI2 (including some Austrian and Persian shields and flags), and I could do more if you are interested.

It is the plan that at some time we will make new flags/shields (at the moment I'm not sure if we have anyone in our team who can do it, but as we get more and more each weak we wil at sometime get people who know how to... we've actually got three new members in less than a week!). At the moment though, most work are put into replacing all black and white photos with colour photos, adding new icons and adding new sprites.

The Dogmeat said:
grate jobb whit GIP, realy like it, one question, is it long untill you start working on countries like Commie China? i know its a strage question but im wondering about how prioritizet it is nothing more (kurently plaing theme )

At the moment we are focusing on the major powers, but as these are finnished work on smaller countries (all respect to Com. China but in this case they belong to that class) will begin. We are working on/have finnished pics for: Germany, USA, Italy, Russia, Japan, Poland, Yugoslavia, England, South Africa, Canada, Australia, New Zealand (and I promise that we will include a pic or two for Tibet in the next release :p)

Christensen said:
At the moment we are focusing on the major powers, but as these are finnished work on smaller countries (all respect to Com. China but in this case they belong to that class) will begin. We are working on/have finnished pics for: Germany, USA, Italy, Russia, Japan, Poland, Yugoslavia, England, South Africa, Canada, Australia, New Zealand (and I promise that we will include a pic or two for Tibet in the next release :p)

Thanx fore the fast reply, and i do understand the you give priority to major powers first (and that com. china comes whay down on the list :D ).
I know its preaty hard work finding pics fore every thing, i tryed to find a pic fore MIG-9 just fore fun, and it whasent the easyest thing finding a pic that looks good.

The Dogmeat said:
Thanx fore the fast reply, and i do understand the you give priority to major powers first (and that com. china comes whay down on the list :D ).
I know its preaty hard work finding pics fore every thing, i tryed to find a pic fore MIG-9 just fore fun, and it whasent the easyest thing finding a pic that looks good.

My pleasure...

Yes it's not easy to find colour pics of all unit types for all countries... because of that we are colourizing old b/w photos of good quality for units which we can't find original colour photos of (note that we will almost always prefer an original colour photo).

Here is an example of one of the photos we've coloured:

blomberg6ay.jpg
colouredpic13dn.jpg

Notice that we haven't gone into details on this, as it will only be shown in a small version in-game (36x50 pixels).

Christensen said:
at some point yes... in the next release there will be some colour tech teams for Italy (not sure if we'll have them all ready) and later some ministers as well...
Yeah, the techs are already in, and they are great. So, hope that you would add some ministers/leaders too. ;)

I just installed the GIP 0.2 Beta and played it. Although I like the design very much, I did not like the swastika in the loading screen. Will you keep it in there or replace it with the black-white-red German flag?

Deserteur said:
I just installed the GIP 0.2 Beta and played it. Although I like the design very much, I did not like the swastika in the loading screen. Will you keep it in there or replace it with the black-white-red German flag?

I dont agree with this. Swastika should be in any WWII game. If you dont like it go for EU2 or whatever other game not in this time frame.