• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Version 1.0 has been released. Huzzah!

I've again updated the first post of this thread with the new information.

Please note that it was Birger Jarl, not myself, who did the bulk of the organizational work in getting the new version out the door (in addition, of course, to a majority of the graphics, as he did for 0.1 and 0.2). Heap all appropriate praise on him; it'll be a present surprise when he's back from Thailand in five months.

Originally posted by Korath
Version 1.0 has been released. Huzzah!
Wow !!! What a wonderful surprise !!!
beerchug.gif
I thought we had to wait until Birger returned from his trip to Thailand.

Just a comment (excuse me if this has been already discussed): I see that the CoA of Colombia corresponds to the republic of Colombia, formed after the break-up of the Gran Colombia in 1830. Wouldn't it be more accurate to give Colombia the CoA of Gran Colombia (as it's the only revolter including present-day Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador) ??

Gran Colombia in 1820:

co_e1820.gif

(not very suited to fit in an EU2 shield, as you can see in my web site :rolleyes: )

Gran Colombia in 1821

co_e1821.gif

What do you think?

Originally posted by mfigueras
Just a comment (excuse me if this has been already discussed):
I don't think it has; if I recall correctly, Txini sent me the shield shortly after 0.2, and we put it without inquiry.
Gran Colombia in 1820:

[IMG not quoted]

(not very suited to fit in an EU2 shield, as you can see in my web site :rolleyes: )
Hrm, maybe it'll look better without the supporters.

shield_gran_colombia_1820.gif
Like this.

Hrm, maybe it'll look better without the supporters.
shield_gran_colombia_1820.gif
Like this.
Mmmm... much better, Korath :) Nevertheless I think that it's still very difficult to identify what the shield's image really is... for this reason I'd prefer the other one (that of 1821, with the republican fasces).

Just dropped by to say hi, I'm on Koh Pha Ngan (an island in Thailand) right now.

Great to see that GUFSM 1.0 is out.

Well I'm of to the beach to have a beer! Have fun. :)

Last edited:
I'm getting a weird bug. I downloaded this and accidentally ran it on my desktop. It created the folders and when I went to delete them, I got the error message 'Cannot delete flags: It is being used by another person or program'. This is WindowsXP home edition and I checked the attributes for the folder 'flags' and it was marked read-only, but unchecking that did not help. This is the v1.0 from the first link in the original post.

I'm going to try restarting the computer and see if I can delete the folder after that, if not I'll be back.

Publishing GUFSM on my site.

Hi!

I work for "Histmag" (http://www.histmag.xcom.pl), polish e-zin which is generally about history, but we also publish articles about strategic games and other things. We want to create a really good page about Europa Universalis and other games created by Paradox. Here in Poland there is no good site about those games and we are going to change that situation. Site is already available (though still in developement) here: http://www.histmag.xcom.pl/parabellum (it's in Polish of course).

We want to know if we could publish the GUFSM (with info about the creators) on our page. We want to be sure, that we don't violate anyone's copy rights, besides, our site must be "perfect", and legal, so let me know if you have samething against.

Czajna

Originally posted by Czajna
What can I say? Thanks! :)
Oh, maybe one little question: who should I mention as the authors?

The GUFSM is an ongoing project headed by Birger Jarl with help from Mad King James, Iostephanos, and myself, and contributions from Trajanus, Walter Hawkwood, Txini, and St. Leo.

Originally posted by Birger Jarl
The GUFSM is an ongoing project headed by Birger Jarl with help from Mad King James, Iostephanos, and myself, and contributions from Trajanus, Walter Hawkwood, Txini, and St. Leo.

I was just wondering if anything has changed since that time, thanks again.

Did you really use my rebel shields or did I contribute something else that I am forgetting about? Yay for credit.:)

Meh. I think I'll mirror the mod on Apolyton's server when I get home.;)

Originally posted by mfigueras
Mmmm... much better, Korath :) Nevertheless I think that it's still very difficult to identify what the shield's image really is... for this reason I'd prefer the other one (that of 1821, with the republican fasces).

Hey mfigueras!

What about this one for Colombia, is it historically correct?

Kolumbien1821-5.JPG