The Grand "How Do I Get Immigration" Megathread (was : 1001th Immigration Thread)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apologies for bumping an old thread! Feel free to let me know if I should make a new one.

In preparation for Victoria III, I decided to go back and play a campaign in both Victoria (with Revolutions) and Victoria II. Here is my problem in the Vic GC:

Austria, 1842:

Taxes set to 48% across the board. Max education spending. Everything else at default level. Making a modest profit by improving infrastructure and exporting coal and iron (thanks to a surplus created by the Clean Coal technology). High prestige gained from Idealism has set in me in a good position for importing.

The small arms factory I began with in Wien lost money rapidly, so I decided to close it after expanding the steel factory in Bohemia so that the laid-off workers would have someplace to go.

However, having done that, not only do the out-of-work craftsmen and clerks not move to Bohemia, they continue to earn money somehow! Their militancy and consciousness, inversely, continue to decline, mostly due to my conservative ruling party (which is odd for the liberal clerks).

If anyone with the knowledge cares to dust off their expertise to answer this question for me, I'd be very grateful! As a reminder, in Victoria, Austria has South German, Hungarian, Czech, and Slovene as national cultures, so I don't think it's a matter of nationality.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi. A month later, but I will answer.

If the workers still have reserves of money, then they will not move anywhere. The way out is to increase taxes and duties. This happens because in Vik1, each POP receives money not from the income of a particular RGO or a factory, but simply by dividing the country's exports by the number of POPs in the entire country (the rich are given 40% of exports, the middle and the poor 30% each).

But even if you deprive the POPs of their money, they may still not move, being unemployed. This happens if there is a plant under construction or a closed factory in the region where they are located. They believe that there is potentially work in such a region, and they are not leaving. Sometimes this is not the case, but often it is.

To be 100% sure that the POPs will move, you need to deprive them of their money and not have closed or under construction factories in the region.