• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ejwith9953

Captain
2 Badges
Apr 27, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Ok, so life is a beach.....errrr......well, you know what I mean.

I been away far too long and it shows in this, the first of many releases to come. I'm changing focus on this project and hopefully for the better. In the past historical balance and getting through WWI historically was for the most part the main focus. The goal was to get WWI and the interwar period to fire historically because, frankly, there is nothing there even wise unless WWI happens properly and mainly due to me not really knowing which way I wanted to go I just kinda lulled there until life intervened and took away my time. I failed as a modder and I failed you guys who love the "Idea" of the TGC and for that........I am very, truly sorry... :( If it was not for sooooo many different people ( Who I will acknowledge soon as I get more down time, got more storms coming but will make the time in the next week or two to give proper credit where due ) and if not for that this mod would be dead and for that everyone of you has my heartfelt gratitude and thanks.

That all being said, I want to begin to lay the groundwork for the alternate history I always wanted to develop. The first few patches will be bug fixes because we all know as large as this mod is it is full of bugs. This release is far from bug free but since I don't have the time to play a few games or run any simulations it could be months before any more is improved. So I am releasing the first, full base version of the TGC and going to work on errors I can find ( I know of some listed below ) and others through debug mode ( most errors there are junk errors ) while looking here for those bugs found and release patches as soon as I can get something decent put together.

While doing all this I am reaching out to some on making events for the mod. I am going to keep secret for now what anything is really going to be but as a teaser I will drop a few things in here. It will NOT be anything kaiserreich at all. I have much love and respect for the Kaiserreich mod and team, it's amazing in so many ways and is a personal favorite of mine but we already have Kaiserreich and TGC somehow already became a WIF/NWO/AAR hodge podge with a few other flavors thrown in here and there so not trying to do any more like that. From this point on all new content will be in house and organic. No end decision on event chains will be made, they will start and end organically with input from everyone. TGC has always been, I believe, a major crowdsource work and I have always tried to listen and add events and improvements from the forum and will continue to do so.

So, Finally to the meat and potatoes of the day, the release I have come bearing. Before that, remember that little part about some alt-his teasers? Didn't read that part and skipped to the link area huh? So, I am thinking second american civil war between communist and capitalist's after WWI? A German Empire, rife with decadence and corruption among the elites leading to its collapse but who will lead the charge? Communist? Fasicast? Democrats? Think russian civil war but german and maybe not just one or two germanys walk away but maybe 3? And all those gained african colonies, what will become of them? Just a few ideas but maybe you can read between the lines?

The Grand Campaign 9-21v2 Checksum : QSGT ( I Think, blends in to that awesome background of ours )
This is Version 2 Released 09/14/2021
You MUST delete your old TGC and replace it with this one!!! NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE!!!!
Mega.nz Link: https://mega.nz/file/YqYEFZSK#tNIIXe1lh2cgkfWWLupFmeFeRrwza3r6s94vDfbtL1M
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mK6IObTYFodfif46nSYJzjuTIXvYvHAs/view?usp=sharing

The Grand Campaign 9-21v2 Hotfix 1:
Extract to mods folder and overwrite when asked
Mega.nz Link: https://mega.nz/file/BuRGkRJS#HF4p0KNiJ71mnN7KJyibC3dDVkVPAAtJiFyBybk75Sc
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5wFqfNG2U0j9GyMehftI6gKAkPVHUk-/view?usp=sharing

Music Pack Link: https://mega.nz/file/DjA1RI4Q#F_OZNOwRxYyFPk7K89CBhqiUM-z4sn_57XtOpIRBuhU
Thank You Conquerer1234 for providing this link. The music is epic IMO

You do not have to delete your old TGC but i Recommend. New folder has different name than old version.

TGC 9-21v2 Hothix 1:
Updates made to SWE and FRA among others provided by Conquerer1234 quoted here:
a few misc fixes to certain countries (and core files)
the france file goes in tgc-events/1914 adds French Indochina to the Entente when Germany sends the ultimatum to France in 1914.
the Sweden file was posted last minute and fixed the whole bandaid problem of Sweden claiming and gaining Finland while at peace with Russia in July 1914.
Thank you Conquerer1234 for the fixes!!!

TGC 9-21v2
Updates:
Fixed counters so they all work as intended with SS Div's and Zeppelin mod and CWTT
Mobilization events that were accidently removed are back and working again
Zeppelin Mod images now working as intended

TGC 9-21
Updates:
Updated WIF Core files to latest versions
Updated NWO to latest version
Added the Zeppelin Mod provided by Rohi
Updated CWTT with newest one provided by Pasha
SS Divisions are back, not sure why they left but they have returned!!!
Added Afgan pack from Rohi
Debugged duplicate event numbers that have been around forever
Added 1945 and 1950 start points from NWO ( This may only be temporary as I do not know how it will work, there are reasons why they were removed )
Removed the save games that have been there forever so must start a new game, no 1918 start points now
Removed other duplicate and bloat file ( looking at you screenshots )

Known issues:
Zeppelin mod images currently broken. Not sure why, probably something really stupid somewhere, like literally a ; or an } somewhere missing or something
Difficulty selection text a mod load shows war weary text and not proper explanation of the module
Debug level 1 shows 600 errors at load, about 300 are just because text is not where it likes it ( Cry me a river ) and most of the rest or leader personality mismatch errors. I will be going through each of the 600 errors one by one and fixing them for next patch.

Well, that's it, that's all I got to say tonight. I hope this is to the liking of everyone. Please, post your bug issues and everything soon as you can. Message me or something if you feel it's game breaking. I have been known to release a completely non working mod before and will do so again I promise you. So, what does everyone think? Let me know!!!

Last edited:
  • 27Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Awesome news and I can't wait to check it out. Looks like I picked the wrong week to go on vacation :p

My CWTT wasn't modified to work with SS divisions or any other elite units. I hope it will still work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for your effort. It sure takes time and dedication to work on this mod.

I haven´t played it for quite some time, so maybe I did something wrong, but my counters are not displayed as expected; some are cut off, some pushed to the right. Any idea where the problem could be?

• 1Like
Reactions:

I haven´t played it for quite some time, so maybe I did something wrong, but my counters are not displayed as expected; some are cut off, some pushed to the right. Any idea where the problem could be?
I haven't loaded up the game since I'm away from home, but I'm guessing it's from him reactivating the SS units (and any other special units) and not updating the counter strip. The 2018 version removed those units. I hope it also doesn't undermine the changes I made to the CWTT.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can't mobilize, is it normal? because of the nations not being able to mobilize they get too weak and strange scenarios begin to occur, germany being pushed by the fra and rus and almost arriving in berlin in 1914 (literally the german troops could not take anything), Austria Hungary with very low industry and efficiency, making that even if he has manpower it doesn't matter because he couldn't leave with full divisions, the tax disappeared, the event of building infrastructure and research disappeared and even increases production efficiency, but it's a great update and I'm grateful for the work.
if you want, I can send my save with Italy and see how strange it is (scenario 1914)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Awesome news and I can't wait to check it out. Looks like I picked the wrong week to go on vacation :p

My CWTT wasn't modified to work with SS divisions or any other elite units. I hope it will still work.
SS Divisions are event driven and rely on existing tech tree so no worries there

Probably a screw up on my part, as I said, not anywhere near a perfect release but you telling me about this bug allows me to fix it faster :)
I haven't loaded up the game since I'm away from home, but I'm guessing it's from him reactivating the SS units (and any other special units) and not updating the counter strip. The 2018 version removed those units. I hope it also doesn't undermine the changes I made to the CWTT.
Exactly right on the counter strip. I replaced the strip with the one from zeppelin mod........which did not contain the the right counters......fixing that now lamo
I can't mobilize, is it normal? because of the nations not being able to mobilize they get too weak and strange scenarios begin to occur, germany being pushed by the fra and rus and almost arriving in berlin in 1914 (literally the german troops could not take anything), Austria Hungary with very low industry and efficiency, making that even if he has manpower it doesn't matter because he couldn't leave with full divisions, the tax disappeared, the event of building infrastructure and research disappeared and even increases production efficiency, but it's a great update and I'm grateful for the work.
if you want, I can send my save with Italy and see how strange it is (scenario 1914)
not sure what you mean, please upload the save file, I see you uploaded the .cfg but need the other, bigger one lol done it a few times myself lol
Did the USA -%50 wartime production modifier get fixed? It's fine for WW1, but really screws up WW2.
not sure, I will look into it, was a thorn in my side a long time ago, can't remember if I fixed it or rebroke it or what.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Mod has been updated to TGC 9-21v2!!! Please see the download section at the top of the page to get this much better version!!!

• 2Like
Reactions:
the france file goes in tgc-events/1914 adds French Indochina to the Entente when Germany sends the ultimatum to France in 1914.
the Sweden file was posted last minute and fixed the whole bandaid problem of Sweden claiming and gaining Finland while at peace with Russia in July 1914.

Attachments

• extrafixes.rar
    252,9 KB · Views: 0
  • FRA - France.txt
    51,9 KB · Views: 0
  • TGC-SWE-Sweden.txt
    54,2 KB · Views: 0
  • country.csv
    7,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Added your fixes officially too the mod via Hotfix 1 and will forever be part of the mod, Thank you kind sir!
It's nice to have this mod back. Any chance it also incorporates Edge of Darkness and Reich Expansion Pack?
EoD is basically WIF2 expanded and at this time there is no plan to request permission to add it as this mod is already pretty bulky. I don't know much about Reich Expansion Pack, again, no plans on that either. We are beginning work as of today on getting Alt His build in and making this mod what it always was intended to be. Thank you for the question thought and I will as always look further in to it and I will never say anything thing is off the table other than Kaiserreich being brought in as stated up top.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Added your fixes officially too the mod via Hotfix 1 and will forever be part of the mod, Thank you kind sir!

EoD is basically WIF2 expanded and at this time there is no plan to request permission to add it as this mod is already pretty bulky. I don't know much about Reich Expansion Pack, again, no plans on that either. We are beginning work as of today on getting Alt His build in and making this mod what it always was intended to be. Thank you for the question thought and I will as always look further in to it and I will never say anything thing is off the table other than Kaiserreich being brought in as stated up top.
speaking of alt history there was a white russias submod posted sometime in 2018 that could be incorporated into the mod.
that and WIF WW1 events (as they added in WW1 in 2019) I had attempted to bring the 1.05 central powers victory "events" in but that was a failure.

speaking of alt history there was a white russias submod posted sometime in 2018 that could be incorporated into the mod.
that and WIF WW1 events (as they added in WW1 in 2019) I had attempted to bring the 1.05 central powers victory "events" in but that was a failure.
The WIF module in this mod has been updated to include the latest WIF with WWI events :) I will look for the white russian mod, could be interesting. What 1.05 CP events? I would like to take a look

The WIF module in this mod has been updated to include the latest WIF with WWI events :) I will look for the white russian mod, could be interesting. What 1.05 CP events? I would like to take a look
The ones from darkest hour full (that were partially added in as the Italian concessions events were difficult enough to put in)

essentially what happens after Brest-Litovsk but prior to Versailles. Logically some of the white Russia mod events would have replaced those events added in 1.05, as they do the same thing (but not all of them as you would end up getting stuff like the polish-Ukrainian war that darkest hour full central powers victory events do not contain) I had attempted to put them together on the old thread around page 170 or so. The white Russia’s stuff is around page 112 (But it was updated at least 3 times)

The ones from darkest hour full (that were partially added in as the Italian concessions events were difficult enough to put in)

essentially what happens after Brest-Litovsk but prior to Versailles. Logically some of the white Russia mod events would have replaced those events added in 1.05, as they do the same thing (but not all of them as you would end up getting stuff like the polish-Ukrainian war that darkest hour full central powers victory events do not contain) I had attempted to put them together on the old thread around page 170 or so. The white Russia’s stuff is around page 112 (But it was updated at least 3 times)
Probably just work with the inhouse stuff that way we know what's what. If you would like to help with that shoot me a DM so we can discuss further, I am kinda keeping a lid on the plans at the moment ;)