• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK some feedback on one lengthy non-stop campaign game with Greece, and 2 more with Greece on 'off' mode.

In off mode game, Germany was successful and imposed TofV with Allies defeated and a huge Ger and Austria-Hungary, and no subsequent events fire.
In second off game, events fired in sequence for historical WW1 path but all within 1914 and early 1915 on super fast-forward mode, but I quit it early on.

In campaign game, I used a 'cheat' to make an Allies victories more possible (moreso of a bug, but unticking the convert energy to oil box as its global impact has been impact in other threads), and I have reached a sort of stalemate/static front in 1925, with few attacks been made. However, Treaty of Sevres did fire, so peace was made with the Ottomans, and Greece was given its proposed land grabs... However, since I am still at war with the Triple Alliance, no event fired to start Greco-Turkish war (understandably).

In all the games, the Soviet Union successfully emerges, but it emerged in a long, drawn out civil war where it is annexed by Northern Russia/Volunteer Army, and these two remain separate entities never forming the new Russia. So problems with the Russian Civil War remain as in 1.03.

Additionally what is perhaps a bug, Ireland joined the Allies at some point late in the war (1919 or 1920), and as soon as Ireland joined, N. Ireland declared independence, after which a brief war between N. Ireland and Ireland occurred with the latter annexing the former. So this is a bug, especially as UK could not intervene since Ireland had joined the alliance, but I thought of that as weird timing.

One last noticeable event is maybe to check how to improve the static front of WW1. Ger has taken only a few French provinces, and each side has made huge land stacks so the lack of major offensives is understandable... But UK+Allies attacked A-H via Albania from Greek soil (the conquered territory being UK territory and not Greek), and then have about 60 troops between 2 provinces (Korce and Tetovo) and can easily make a breakthrough. However they don't do any offensive movements to take over territory. When I attacked Gorno province of Bulgaria after building quite a few land units, and the Bulgarian units in Skopje were encircled, only then did the Allies attack with a massive land stack, took over Skopje easily for a total of 3 provinces, then remained dormant in the Balkan Front, while retaining a massive and vital superiority in troop numbers, but not attacking anywhere.

Last edited:
Awesome! Glad someone finally picked up AAR again, the Grand Campaign is awesome.

I can't think of any suggestions right now, except for one - when playing TGC/AAR, i always had to reload tons of times to make sure Germany got harsh conditions/feel angry at the west/release Hitler. I was wondering if you could maybe make that series always fire, or maybe make an event where you can pick whichever scenario you want to occur so WW2 actually happens along the same dates.

Awesome! Glad someone finally picked up AAR again, the Grand Campaign is awesome.

I can't think of any suggestions right now, except for one - when playing TGC/AAR, i always had to reload tons of times to make sure Germany got harsh conditions/feel angry at the west/release Hitler. I was wondering if you could maybe make that series always fire, or maybe make an event where you can pick whichever scenario you want to occur so WW2 actually happens along the same dates.

been thinking of that my self to make Germany always lose like normal.....at least until alternate history is working hint hint :)

been thinking of that my self to make Germany always lose like normal.....at least until alternate history is working hint hint :)

Hey ej .... or you could just give everyone a save game from 1918 right when the Armistice hits and maybe another at 1925 when Hitler pops up. That would save you from actually creating scenarios for those start dates but give players what they want. I always play hands off until the German surrender. In the old version when it was still working on DH 1.2 I have seen the Germans win the war . This never happened very often but it did. When Burning first developed this it would not go historical often enough until a fan helped fix it so you got a historical result about 90 per cent of the time.

Now for some ahistorical ideas ... The US does not always join the war so a save like that for 1918 might be nice. The Sovs never come about and the war ends with Russia intact is another cool one. The Ottomans never join the Germans and end up intact in 1918 could be cool. Japan does not join the war and the Brits get their the German Asian provs. That should get the ball rolling. I am sure that others will have some good ideas also. All of mine are fairly easy to do. I am sure you have some ideas of your own.
delanonne:happy:

Best of luck with your endeavor.

Also, you are missing credits to quite a few people. There's a contributor list on the AAR SVN afaik.

Still working on my next update, Planing for tomorrow some time. I have been working on the Russian civil war issue. I may be adding a save game to the next update but I believe every game is unique. What I have managed to do so far is link the failure of the 1918 offensive to the military defeat of Germany and it will now force fire German surrender unless a Germany victory. Once those bugs with the civil war are worked out I will release the rc 1 with a fine for historical by Monday if all goes well. with in a month an alternate history versions :) keep the reports coming. that Ireland thing has me stumped i know that. The game is weird at times, i ran a hands off game with Switzerland and all of a sudden I walked away and then when I came back, well Germany decided to attack southern France for once lol will work with the Ireland events as well though and keep that from happening. Thank you every body for your support!!!

Still working on my next update, Planing for tomorrow some time. I have been working on the Russian civil war issue. I may be adding a save game to the next update but I believe every game is unique. What I have managed to do so far is link the failure of the 1918 offensive to the military defeat of Germany and it will now force fire German surrender unless a Germany victory. Once those bugs with the civil war are worked out I will release the rc 1 with a fine for historical by Monday if all goes well. with in a month an alternate history versions :) keep the reports coming. that Ireland thing has me stumped i know that. The game is weird at times, i ran a hands off game with Switzerland and all of a sudden I walked away and then when I came back, well Germany decided to attack southern France for once lol will work with the Ireland events as well though and keep that from happening. Thank you every body for your support!!!

Hey ej I forgot that Burning used to have two scenarios I believe historical and not so the player could choose his poison. Just a thought. For the Russia problem I think you changed their starting inf divs from 120 to 86. If so I was thinking maybe 100. Just a second thought.
delanonne:eek:

Hey ej I forgot that Burning used to have two scenarios I believe historical and not so the player could choose his poison. Just a thought. For the Russia problem I think you changed their starting inf divs from 120 to 86. If so I was thinking maybe 100. Just a second thought.
delanonne:eek:

Burning removed most everything to do with a central powers victory but the ground work is still in place and I am working with that. I agree with you on the infantry removal, but I also believe I will add most back but make them inf 1897 since that is pretty much all the czar had in his army at that time. working on it though, keep the ideas coming, looks like so far were on the same page all the way

Burning removed most everything to do with a central powers victory but the ground work is still in place and I am working with that. I agree with you on the infantry removal, but I also believe I will add most back but make them inf 1897 since that is pretty much all the czar had in his army at that time. working on it though, keep the ideas coming, looks like so far were on the same page all the way

Hey ej that sounds good. The balancing of the Russians one. The CP victory could be a bit tricky. On another note I see what you talking about the Russian Civil war. I just hit Jan. 1926 and they should have won quite a while ago but instead are on their way out. Too many enemies and the AI not using the 50 divs they used to have. I am gonna go back on this game and play the reds to see how I can do for fun. Also as of Jan. one 1926 Ebert is alive and kicking. Shouldn't that 1925 event fire? I know you mentioned it at one point. So I am gonna continue and see what happens. Do you think I should try and fire it manually? Just a thought.
delanonne:unsure:

Hello. and many thanks to resurrect this best game world. and one ask? is there any chance that you can win russian_civil war on white-side against red limitless power. and other ask is for the install to game can you make more simple it seem somewhat difficult?

Just wanted to give every one an update. The Russian civil war is a real pain in the rump. But I have noticed that it all has to do with dissent within the SRR. So what I am working with now are a few decisions that will quel the dissent. Those are the creation of the Cheka, and post creation that are aimed at counter-revolutionaries to allow the SRR become the USSR and beat the whites. Update should be released tonight. On my last batch of changes that I have tested, out of 3 runs WW1 in the east lasted until 1917, different months of revolution all ending in the Brest-Litovsk harsh treaty. ww1 in the west was over after the failure of the 1918 offensive witch now forces the harsh Versailles treaty. so now quite a bit is working right. my next release will have a save game post ww1 with the Russian civil war ragging

Hello. and many thanks to resurrect this best game world. and one ask? is there any chance that you can win russian_civil war on white-side against red limitless power. and other ask is for the install to game can you make more simple it seem somewhat difficult?

Your right about the install, i am working of simplify it but first I want to get the bugs that people have complained about for so long fixed. Then make it simpler if I can. No history for the white Russians but I am working on alternate history so who knows what will happen at this point, I know Bizon has alternate WW2 history built into his nwo2 mod and he has given me permission to mod his files for this project so that may be an out come to ponder. Suggestions are always welcomed!!!

Your right about the install, i am working of simplify it but first I want to get the bugs that people have complained about for so long fixed. Then make it simpler if I can. No history for the white Russians but I am working on alternate history so who knows what will happen at this point, I know Bizon has alternate WW2 history built into his nwo2 mod and he has given me permission to mod his files for this project so that may be an out come to ponder. Suggestions are always welcomed!!!

RCW is currently being redone from scratch by the DH Team for 1.04, so if you have other priorities, in the long term, it would be better to just let us handle RCW redo.

RCW is currently being redone from scratch by the DH Team for 1.04, so if you have other priorities, in the long term, it would be better to just let us handle RCW redo.

Must have missed that in the forum. Nice to know that now, it will save me a lot of time and headaches lol than I will shift gears to other things. Any ETA on the 1.04? Also, how much change is there going to be as in how much am I going to have to change if you know to make all this work together? My main focus is not really fixing AAR but making AAR+DH Full+NWO work seamlessly via use of Bizon TGC mod mixer. let me know if ya can, if not that is fine too. I will probibly begin work on the alternate history for the CP and every one else except the Russians until you guys fix RCW. Thanks Limith

Imagine, World In Flames all in one (includes like 6 awesome mods including NWO) combined with AAR plus the Mixed Mod. It'd be like a dream come true!

Anyway, it looks like you fixed the historical WW1 outcome, so I guess now you have to make German interwar events occur correctly/accurately. Waiting anxiously. Thanks for the great work!