• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like what I see and am very happy and proud of everyone who has worked so hard to make TGC what it is. I am getting ready to play the latest version now, first time in months, and see how it run. I can tell you now though, it looks AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work guys. :)

Reactions:
I like what I see and am very happy and proud of everyone who has worked so hard to make TGC what it is. I am getting ready to play the latest version now, first time in months, and see how it run. I can tell you now though, it looks AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work guys. :)

Hey stranger very good to hear from you. Send me an email and let me know how you are doing. I am talking now to Mox from the RDD mod about ways to make the mod better.
delanonne

im working in e3, and some general changes for peace time system.

Hey all I am having a very fun game as Germany trying something new. Right after WW1 there is an event where you accept or deny fault for the war. The AI always accepts fault and then the harsh Force Limits go into effect. Well I picked the we were a victim option. So no harsh force limits. Actually Germany was kind of a victim in that they did not start the war. The Austrians started it and Germany, unlike Italy stayed loyal to it's ally. Then when the Kapp Putsch comes up I went with it instead of it is too early.
Later I also shot all of the Nazis. So I start building up my forces and in January 1938 I invade Sweden, then Norway and then Denmark. This gives me all the steel I need and as a bonus I get Iceland and Greenland. So the next thing I do is invade Canada. The allies do nothing and I take it out easily. So yes, I attack the US after building up my forces and again the allies do nothing for a while. Then the Japanese hit Pearl Harbor and the US joins the allies. Now all of my tanks and other best units are in the States. I slowly take out the US since they only have about 20 odd divisions and cannot build new ones fast enough. In the mean time I have big problems with the allies. I finally manage to take out the French when they break into Germany by going through the Maginot Line which they empty to invade Germany. It takes me a very long time and I finally finish them off. There are no surrender events for non-nazi Germany so we are still at war. I then invade the UK and take it out. This is where I am at now. I am in North Africa working on taking out the French and UK forces there. They have about 20 divs in North Ireland so I cannot invade there. So the Sovs are still there and very strong. I have not taken out Poland keeping them as a buffer. It is a lot of fun. This is about the closest I ever get to an AAR. I hope you like it.
delanonne

Reactions:
Hello everyone,

I would like to start by praising the work of every single one of you who are responsible for making and maintaining this Mod. I recently bought Darkest Hour and after coming to this forum I choose this mod to play. I'm astonished by the amount of work and care that was put on it, along with the numerous contents that it contain. Having been so many years since the last time that I have played HOI2 and HOI3, it was a nice surprise to me.

Question:

Looking inside the folders of your mod, like a child in a toy store, i noticed that in the GFX of models I see some units portraying the Waffen-SS, more, I see in the UNITS folder a .RAR file where i see the .TXT of Waffen-SS units. But those units are not "installed" or take part on the mod. Plus i don't see the other files needed to play with these units. Could someone enlightened me about those Waffen-SS and other extra units? Where can i get the other files needed for activate them? Can I activate them and the mod is prepared to them or it is better to leave those units as some Jurassic files.

My Best Regards,

How to win ww1 as Germany in this mod ?
Quickly :)
But seriously, it's probably best to deal with Russia first, encircle as much as possible and kick it out of war. I prefer not declaring war on Belgium, so the frontline with France is short and easy to defend. If you avoid war with USA, then it should not be a problem to smash France. Just not wait too long, if you not succeed till summer of 1918 then it's over.

Reactions:
So I finally beat Japan with the US in 1950. China goes republic. Korea is still mine with the USSR bearing down(whom I'm at war with). I'm beating back the Soviets amid the collapsing Chinese; trying to establish a line in the mountains around the Yalu and this decision comes to grant independence to Korea(or suffer 20 points dissent). I do so and just like with the Philippines and Taiwan, my units are redeployed and my supplies cut. I can't even use it. My now cutoff army makes a mad scramble for Vladivostok but is decimated by the Soviets. This is how most of my games seem to end; in absolute frustration over results that seem anything but realistic. Is there a way to fix this or will the blame fall on me for not knowing something? Thank God for the savegame file!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I would like to start by praising the work of every single one of you who are responsible for making and maintaining this Mod. I recently bought Darkest Hour and after coming to this forum I choose this mod to play. I'm astonished by the amount of work and care that was put on it, along with the numerous contents that it contain. Having been so many years since the last time that I have played HOI2 and HOI3, it was a nice surprise to me.

Question:

Looking inside the folders of your mod, like a child in a toy store, i noticed that in the GFX of models I see some units portraying the Waffen-SS, more, I see in the UNITS folder a .RAR file where i see the .TXT of Waffen-SS units. But those units are not "installed" or take part on the mod. Plus i don't see the other files needed to play with these units. Could someone enlightened me about those Waffen-SS and other extra units? Where can i get the other files needed for activate them? Can I activate them and the mod is prepared to them or it is better to leave those units as some Jurassic files.

My Best Regards,

The SS units were added from the WIF2 mod and they caused problems including crashing the game. Also an SS infantry unit was better at mountain warfare than a trained mountain unit. So until they can be fixed we took them out. There were a ton of free units for Germany and it helped make them win every game so we dialed it back and now they seem to lose to the Sovs every game. Balance is hard to get right.
delanonne

So I finally beat Japan with the US in 1950. China goes republic. Korea is still mine with the USSR bearing down(whom I'm at war with). I'm beating back the Soviets amid the collapsing Chinese; trying to establish a line in the mountains around the Yalu and this decision comes to grant independence to Korea(or suffer 20 points dissent). I do so and just like with the Philippines and Taiwan, my units are redeployed and my supplies cut. I can't even use it. My now cutoff army makes a mad scramble for Vladivostok but is decimated by the Soviets. This is how most of my games seem to end; in absolute frustration over results that seem anything but realistic. Is there a way to fix this or will the blame fall on me for not knowing something? Thank God for the savegame file!

Hey M the post 1945 events are all from NWO2. Bizon made them that way and we have not done anything with them. He made the software to merge mods a few years back and we added his mod to this one along with a few others. It is really big and we have two people working on it. So our main area of concern is prior to that time.
If you have ideas how to fix it we can really use help.
delanonne

Reactions:
Hey M the post 1945 events are all from NWO2. Bizon made them that way and we have not done anything with them. He made the software to merge mods a few years back and we added his mod to this one along with a few others. It is really big and we have two people working on it. So our main area of concern is prior to that time.
If you have ideas how to fix it we can really use help.
delanonne
Once the game gets to a certain level of ahistory, I would imagine there's an infinite number of unforeseen situations. Hopefully that wouldn't be too hard to change; the alliance of newly independent Korea. Perhaps there was a way I'm supposed to make a country a puppet. I'll go back to the savefile and realize a bunch of things. A-the ROC army is weak. Imperial Germany and AH survived WW1 intact with their Brest-Litovsk land. The USSR had overrun Asia Minor to Constantinople and was battling the UK at the Suez. Though my Americans largely fared well against them, their numbers in the far east were impressive; especially considering the UK struck Moscow with 2 nukes.

Last edited:
Once the game gets to a certain level of ahistory, I would imagine there's an infinite number of unforeseen situations. Hopefully that wouldn't be too hard to change; the alliance of newly independent Korea. Perhaps there was a way I'm supposed to make a country a puppet. I'll go back to the savefile and realize a bunch of things. A-the ROC army is weak. Imperial Germany and AH survived WW1 intact with their Brest-Litovsk land. The USSR had overrun Asia Minor to Constantinople and was battling the UK at the Suez. Though my Americans largely fared well against them, their numbers in the far east were impressive; especially considering the UK struck Moscow with 2 nukes.

Hey M that sounds like a great game that you have going. I rarely play past 1945 but, I am in this Germany game. You can maybe check on the NWO2 thread to ask about the Korea thing. Bizon is very helpful.
delanonne

Reactions:
Hey all here is the latest fixes courtesy of Simon150999. I guess you could call this the SWIP(Swedish Improvement Project) It fixes techs, ministers,setup and events for Sweden. It also gives you options to join the CP. Be careful what you do with those events cause you could be forced into the war. I am having a great time being in the CP and fighting the Russians who almost wiped out my fleet. I am slowly taking out the Finland and Murmansk parts of Russia. The only problem is that the Germans are kinda programmed to lose the war at this point since we have not added CP victory events yet. So just download and unzip somewhere and then open the folders and put in the files for Sweden and overwrite when given the option. The checksum should not change so it should be LPEG without the Audessy fixes and OZEG with those fixes. Enjoy, I know I am.
delanonne

Attachments

• TGC Changes.rar
    1,4 MB · Views: 70
Hello,

Under following link, there are two files, one for leader other for leader pictures for U32 years 1914-2005

http://chomikuj.pl/JonathanJ6/DH+PRL

This is updated versin of previous files.

Hello,

Under following link, there are two files, one for leader other for leader pictures for U32 years 1914-2005

http://chomikuj.pl/JonathanJ6/DH PRL

This is updated versin of previous files.

Hey J thanks for the new work. I just put it in.

Hey could you also post this on the other thread, the Latest Version of the Grand Campaign?
delanonne

Last edited:
Hi guys
I have an issue in my game : I'm in 1966, but the decisions enact or end mobilization aren't available.
Is there a way to fix this ?

Hey PB if you are using the version of the mod from this thread then it is an old one. I retired this thread and opened a new one. Please go there and you can download the newest version of the mod.
delanonne