• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2020
Here we all go, peering at the game through the glass bowl of DDs. Another collection of goldfish suggestions is here.

Unlike last time, I would just post them in groups of five, since cataloguing them is too tiring, getting trolled even more so.

Reactions:
Cannons and handguns (canons is more pertaining to church law IIRC)

EWISOTT

EWISOTT

EWISOTT

EWISOTT

• 2Like
Reactions:
EWISOTT

EWISOTT

EWISOTT
The long-standing conflict between potential players with a high-performance computer and potential players with a lower-performing computer continues in this thread. Personally speaking, my PC is not likely to be able to host CivBE, CK2 and CK3 at the same time. My current one, anyhow.

EWISOTT
For some reason, this OP managed to receive overwhelmingly positive reviews for a suggestion that, when put forth by me, got mixed reviews. I am not going to dig further back to see who was the first person to put forth the suggestion to diversify marriage options, though. Let's just say whoever that person was, feel glad that someone made it mainstream.

EWISOTT

Contracts everywhere! In peace and in war. I mean, as the Japanese put it, "Love is war". Perhaps marriage makes peace, then?

Reactions:
EWISOTT

EWISOTT

EWISOTT

EWISOTT

EWISOTT

I think I will leave EWISOTTs as is and trademark thread titles that have typos from now on.

Reactions:
What does 'EWISOTT' mean?
Exactly what it says on the tin.
I know the feeling; when the trait pic was revealed, I made a thread hypothesizing that the number of virtue and sins had been deduced from seven to four. The thread got nothing but disagrees, but when a few months Paradox confirmed just that, nobody had a problem with it.
Well, such is life. On the bright side, I guess the positive-ness also spilled into people's reactions over my repost - positive this time, too.

Reactions:
EWISOTT
The long-standing conflict between potential players with a high-performance computer and potential players with a lower-performing computer continues in this thread. Personally speaking, my PC is not likely to be able to host CivBE, CK2 and CK3 at the same time. My current one, anyhow.

I think you aren't framing the argument correctly here, as performance was only part of it. Some people wanted a smaller map for a smaller faster game with friends, and others, including myself, figured that Paradox would be pressured to put in 'off-map' mechanics into such settings, diluting resources when something like this can be modded in.

I know the feeling; when the trait pic was revealed, I made a thread hypothesizing that the number of virtue and sins had been deduced from seven to four. The thread got nothing but disagrees, but when a few months Paradox confirmed just that, nobody had a problem with it.

It might be because people are in favor of such a thing? I always hated the trait spam in CK2.

Reactions:
I think you aren't framing the argument correctly here, as performance was only part of it. Some people wanted a smaller map for a smaller faster game with friends, and others, including myself, figured that Paradox would be pressured to put in 'off-map' mechanics into such settings, diluting resources when something like this can be modded in.
Perhaps. I only know so much about forum folks, after all.

Ah, 'tis fair intent.

I hope that one day, high spec rigs can easily be bought. Still, that is a dream.
The problem is that today's High Spec Rig will be tomorrow's potato...

• 2Haha
Reactions:
So basically Goldfish suggestions are some that are really good/interesting of sort?
It's more of jab at how we are looking at the game. Who could have thought The Last of Us 2 is, well, so cold towards players of 1 just by looking at trailers?
Can I suggest a few threads that got positive responses? Ones mine just to be clear.

Trade Routes
Sunset Invasion but better
How to handle Jainism and Nudity
Natural Disasters
Of course! Ah yes, Natural Disasters. First got the idea to make the bowl when I saw that thread.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh hey, I remember you! You're that guy that had a disagreement with Vokasak. Do you still keep in touch with them? Is there a rivalry between you two? If so, then did the rivalry spawn something deeper, like friendship, brotherhood or even... love?
I can see it now, you becoming angered by the large amounts of disagreement launched upon you by Vokasak unaware that it was simply how Vokasak expressed their feelings. After getting your thread-locked you messaged them only to receive a heart-wrenching confession that melted your icy heart. Now, a month later and having met the love of your life (Which is Vokasak) You launch another thread, but this time, with the love of your life besides you.

• 12Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Exactly what it says on the tin.
I feel really really dumb right now. I had no idea what EWISOTT means either, and was further confused by this answer--I'd heard of "exactly what it says on the tin," but couldn't figure out what you were talking about... because I didn't connect that EWISOTT is an acronym OF "exactly what it says on the tin."
It's such a dumb mistake I can't help but laugh at myself.

• 9Haha
Reactions:
I've had similar things happen once in a while, but this seems even worse. This forum can sometimes be most disappointing.

Reactions:
Oh hey, I remember you! You're that guy that had a disagreement with Vokasak. Do you still keep in touch with them? Is there a rivalry between you two? If so, then did the rivalry spawn something deeper, like friendship, brotherhood or even... love?
I can see it now, you becoming angered by the large amounts of disagreement launched upon you by Vokasak unaware that it was simply how Vokasak expressed their feelings. After getting your thread-locked you messaged them only to receive a heart-wrenching confession that melted your icy heart. Now, a month later and having met the love of your life (Which is Vokasak) You launch another thread, but this time, with the love of your life besides you.
Oh come on, this is a whole other level of trolling ...

Reactions:
because I didn't connect that EWISOTT is an acronym OF "exactly what it says on the tin."
I think it's partly because despite what the acronym means, it's so incredibly obscure that it runs contrary to its meaning.

Usually acronyms are well understood and quite common hence when people see them they automatically know what it means. For all my long years on the internet I have never seen EWISOTT before FondMemberofSociety used it.

Might just be that it's such a long acronym that people just write the whole thing out. Most often used acronyms tend to be 2-4 letters long and super common phrases at that. Typically the point of an acronym is that it shortens something long that is generally well understood, or mentioned before hand (Example being a text saying "National Aeronautics and Space Administraction (NASA)" thus afterwards using NASA has no issue.) otherwise using the acronym runs contrary to the point of using the acronym. Which is really saving time when you boil it down to the most basic. But I'll stop philosophizing.

So really I wouldn't do you a disservice of saying it's a dumb mistake. It's quite unfair to say that. I'll also admit I had the same reaction of not connecting the two "Exactly what it says on the tin? But EWISOTT doesn't seem to say anything I'm confuse- OH!"

• 7Haha
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.