• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played either TLOU1 or TLOU2 but I clearly can say that this conversation has basically nothing to do with CK3
Agreed. Anyway, what do you think about stressing the actual locations of characters? Making it possible to blob and control a new Roman Empire only after high levels of communication tech seem better than ... being will of God and completing it (somehow) before Basil II.

One good thing about CK2 769 Byzantium is that the Norse are less of a problem. Much less - an Exarch of Bulgaria usually could handle them.

As for the forgiveness thing ... the sequencing of TLOU's story left no room for players to sympathy. Putting Abby's plot before Joel's death might have saved things, but ... I guess New Dog never took the crash course in "How Not To Bust Audience Expectations" that is Gundam Ironblood Orphans. Letting Joel die in the very first scene of TLOU2, by Clicker and not by golf club, might have mitigated backlash if the rest of story remains the same.

Nonsense. The sequencing is very deliberate. When Abby kills Joel, the player gets mad and Ellie gets mad and that's all very much intended. Afterwards the player is single-mindedly following Ellie's revenge plot because single-minded is how Ellie sees the situation. By sequencing it the way they do, the developers have you following along on Ellie's emotional journey. It lets you feel the anger that you're supposed to then let go of. If the sequencing was done any different, you don't get the anger in the first place, just a sense of this whole thing being a big misunderstanding, a tragic accident out of one of those greek plays. No anger means no forgiveness because there's nothing to forgive. No forgiveness means a pretty pointless story overall.

I have no clue what EWISOTT is and to me this just looks like spam.. But well.. maybe I am just getting to old

"Looks around for new young brides"

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Can you please shut up about the Last of Us series? It's spamming, also noone cares
1) I didn't bring it up first. Nor am I talking to myself, I have an interlocutor here.
2) This entire thread is spamming, it's just a series of links with the neologism "EWISOTT" appended. As other people have pointed out, the "off topic" parts (Which I put in quotes because this thread pretty much lacks a topic in the first place) are the interesting parts.
3) A whole lot of people care. It's sort of set the internet on fire.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
1) I didn't bring it up first. Nor am I talking to myself, I have an interlocutor here.
2) This entire thread is spamming, it's just a series of links with the neologism "EWISOTT" appended. As other people have pointed out, the "off topic" parts (Which I put in quotes because this thread pretty much lacks a topic in the first place) are the interesting parts.
3) A whole lot of people care. It's sort of set the internet on fire.
No, this post's purpose is to collect links to threads people who actually want to talk about CK3 may find interesting on this server. If you don't understand this, leave at once. I believe we all can agree that this thread (and this forum) is meant to be used for discussions about CK3 and other PDX games. I'm also pretty sure TLOU has its own forum aswell, of you *really* want to discuss that instead of CK, you are absolutely free to visit that platform.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
No, this post's purpose is to collect links to threads people who actually want to talk about CK3 may find interesting on this server. If you don't understand this, leave at once. I believe we all can agree that this thread (and this forum) is meant to be used for discussions about CK3 and other PDX games. I'm also pretty sure TLOU has its own forum aswell, of you *really* want to discuss that instead of CK, you are absolutely free to visit that platform.
Thank you for your support, but aside from Farfour's essays the forum is currently at a low point in suggestions ... or maybe it's just me not digging to page 45 again.

Also, I've heard meme-ing TLOU2 on TLOU2 dedicated platforms results in reports based on copyright abuse. And maybe even beyond that, too.
I have no clue what EWISOTT is and to me this just looks like spam.. But well.. maybe I am just getting to old

"Looks around for new young brides"
It's generally not the OP's problem if someone decides not to even read through the first page of a thread and complain something already explained "has no clues".

Reactions:
Exactly what these threads say on the tin
I mean they have a point, but I just hope the suggestions forum open up soon so I don't have to link them to prevent them from sinking. I truly want to stop maintaining a collection thread. As is obvious, Goldfish Bowl's quality is unforgivably subpar compared to its predecessor. Because certain persons, apparently, find making it pointless. Negativity has spread, like a plague, to me.

Nobody said game rules were a perfect solution (though they tend to behave as if it is), but this thread has been derailed into some more useful discussion, in the spirit of that thread stressing character locations. I think it is collected in the old suggestions thread. I dunno. It's dead, remember?

A minor thing from me - I don't like calling medieval armies armies. Something seems off. Hosts, brought up in the thread, sounds good.

Can someone repost the Doctrines and Tenets list? Is vegan on either of these?
Edit: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/tenets-and-religions-what-we-know-so-far.1390954/ Found it

Last edited:
No, this post's purpose is to collect links to threads people who actually want to talk about CK3 may find interesting on this server. If you don't understand this, leave at once.

At first, I thought this thread would be a list of the threads the OP found the most interesting. Now it seems like its a list of every thread the OP find interesting, which seems to be … nearly all threads. At which point, I find myself wondering whether this post needs to exist, considering we already have a place to collect every thread - this forum.

And considering the number of diversions seen on this thread (GEWISOTTC, TLOU, the still unexplained love story), compared to the number on other threads (aka none) I also find myself wondering if there are other people who feel the same way.

Reactions:
I am inclined to agree. I've been watching this thread for a bit and while at first I thought it would have some purpose, at this point it's exactly what it says on the tin, a goldfish bowl - a low-effort tank full of things, but doing little to expand upon or add to those things in any meaningful way.

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.