• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

adecoy95

Major
19 Badges
Oct 29, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities: Skylines
this is a problem i have with the vanilla game, but a lot of mods (including this one) has made this problem even worse, imean really, 0.25 gold a year costs 150 gold? why does this exist? personally i think all the costs should be cut by a factor of ten, because right now to pay that back its going to take you six hundred years

this is a problem i have with the vanilla game, but a lot of mods (including this one) has made this problem even worse, imean really, 0.25 gold a year costs 150 gold? why does this exist? personally i think all the costs should be cut by a factor of ten, because right now to pay that back its going to take you six hundred years

The game lasts over twice that amount, very WAD.

Things that might help:

1) Fight only wars that you can win.
2) Raise the feudal tax to 10%.
3) Build cities in your demesne open spots.
4) Maintain good relations with your taxpaying vassals.
5) Use the steward to Survey.
6) Raise your stewardship

what would you use the gold for anyway? If you decrease the building cost ( Which you can do yourself by editing the building textfile ) you will most likely still have a limitation with tech requirements. The way it is now it seems more fluid. When you get the G you will have the tech too.

Just modify the 'BUILDING_COST_MULT' property in "C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\ElderKings\common\defines.lua" with notepad++

The costs are working as desired because of the following:

start_date = 3370.1.1
end_date = 5000.1.1

You have 1.630 years of gameplay. If you want to build everything in your castles is the first 20 years then: console > cash 999999999 > hit enter and voila.

If you wanna play for the challenge and fun, then people above have posted various ways to make money in game, and as you grow in size and power, money will no longer be an issue.

I suggest play the game for 200 years and grow, and focus on building after that, and you will see things from a different perspective.

Just modify the 'BUILDING_COST_MULT' property in "C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\ElderKings\common\defines.lua" with notepad++

thanks, i thought i would have to modify every value in the buildings_00 but now i dont have to :)

still tweaking the value but -0.9 seems like a good spot, the small farm takes 20 years to pay back now though i will probably have to bring it to 40 years i will have to test it out first

Yeah, I understand the argument that you want upgrades to last longer, but then they should also have more benefit. 600 years to earn back your investment is just ridiculous, only an elf would ever do that and even then it's going to look dumb compared to just taking more land, or raiding someone.

Yeah, I understand the argument that you want upgrades to last longer, but then they should also have more benefit. 600 years to earn back your investment is just ridiculous, only an elf would ever do that and even then it's going to look dumb compared to just taking more land, or raiding someone.

indeed