• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MalinS

Queen of Pie
6 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
964364_10151741925234575_773602756_o.jpg

It's not easy being a Game Master in real life (unless you have a really good role playing group and let's face it, even they kill a couple of important NPCs once in a while). It's no cake walk in Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition either, but at least none of the players can leave in the middle of a boss-fight because their dinner is getting cold.

If you've played a role playing game, what's the stupidest thing you're group did that annoyed the GM? I've once fed an very important NPC to a werewolf as a distraction.

Attachments

• Knights of pen and paper gms strife (1).jpg
    Knights of pen and paper gms strife (1).jpg
    871,8 KB · Views: 125
I feel that GM's pain. Keeping a gaming group on-track and on-topic can be hard. The hardest points are generally at the beginning of a session, and immediately around any breaks for food. In-session shenanigans are par for the course.

If you've played a role playing game, what's the stupidest thing you're group did that annoyed the GM? I've once fed an very important NPC to a werewolf as a distraction.

I remember our whole team thunderdoming in the first twenty minutes, or managing to be so incompetent that the whole group was naked and armed with sticks after two encounters.

good memories though.

Me and a friend spent a WHOLE game asking the GM to have a pony instead of a horse. We were pretty annoying XD

I tried to make coup on overmighty ship pirate captain-elf-mage-'you're all imprisoned in Ravenloft, only I can escape!, mwahaha!'-ninja-whatnot :) Worked! For a few minutes. Then, as appearantly no-one put him in cuffs, things went down in flames, entire ship included.

In a recent session one person in the group broke a large hole in the ship we were on during a battle and it started sinking. With the ship sinking fast 5 of the 7 players decided it was the right time to raid the captains quarters for gold. While they searched the ship sank and they had to break the door with and axe and try to swim up to the surface, most wearing heavy armor. These 5 players almost died :). I don't know if they were lucky, or our dm merciful, but only one of them drowned.

I on the other hand went for a live boat right away when the ship started sinking, tolled it down and rolled from the sinking ship. Then another player, that had fallen of the ship in the course of the battle, swam towards me and we just waited there and didn't do anything to help our drowning friends :).

The band of Pyromaniac Pyromancers!

We burned down everything...every thing.

"You are in a forest..."
"BURN IT DOWN!"

"Fleeing the burning forest, you come upon a small villa..."
"BURN IT DOWN!"

"In the charred remains of the village, you find a..."
"BURN..."
"YOU FIND A BABY!"
"..."
"..."
"BURN!!! IT!!! DOWN!!!"

Once we found a waterfall and small river. Because it was in odd place I was convinced it was somehow magical and tried dozens of different tactics to beat the hallucination. Well... unsuccessfully... again and again and again. My group had to pull me out of water dozens of time, sometimes I even managed to pull others into river with me... Oh yeah... so I guess It was a real waterfall, but GM was kinda annoyed with my stubborness or stupidity... The thing we were looking for was on the other side in the end. It was just necessary to jiump... An option that didn't occur to me... :)