• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice summary of Europe and a nice short war. Your gains and development is very good, keep it up :)

Back to business.

1570:

Selim II, our glorious Sultan who has saved our fair country from a war which to be honest was a bit hyped, now to think of it, has done a step which could possible drive Arabia under our yoke. With the Nubian alliance breaking up, the Sultan sent some expensive gifts to the Hedjaz, which assured them that our intents for the alliance we are offering are honest, with no annexation involved. And this is true. We don't intend to devour them with the alliance. We intend to incorporate them with a vassalage they cannot, and for their health, shouldn't refuse.

1574:

It turns out that was his last action, other than starting a new colonial city in Malindi neighbouring Mogadiscio, and completing the latter. In this year, Murad III takes the throne! He seems to be rather weak in most areas (2/3/3 :eek: ) but he does lead the empire quite organised, and has a strong ministry which could help him in his rule(yep, we got the excellent minister event a few months after Murad) . He is also a true military man, which counts for a good ruler in the Ottoman Empire.
Murad seems a bit displeased with our progress. The fact that the Mamelukes are still kicking, he called it an "unforgiveable mistake" and he would like it "fixed post-haste". This could be quite a good idea, as our alliance will need a little activisation. Therefore, in the month of December, a Turkish envoy is dispatched in the Marmalade Sultanate to let them know that they are in deep *scratched out words* trouble.

The five years war which is to please Murad and frankly, is very useful too

In Alexandria, there are two things that are mobilised after the war starts. A 40,000 strong infantry army and its commander Lala Mustapha. It turns out the Marmalades have some allies too, the Ostrich guys who still don't give up in Wien, the Grog-whatever people stuck between two of our provinces, one named after them... can't remember, I'll call them Grogs. And then those ship-happy Italians who we deprived of some provinces but now are crying to have it back. The latter two are ignored, the former two are sent the smack down upon.
However all is not so easy. First one to declare war is the Hangmen, along with their Pole allies. More like Tadpoles. Their other allies are the fools who declared war on us last time while not attacking us at all, and some insignificant German state which attacks us but doesn't even manage to kill a soldier.
Those Persian rugs also join in the fun, of course, and there are some Mean Black Guys who are surprisingly Orthodox, they also attack. We do a simple trick with some of the dumb heretics and infidels. At those black guys and in Rug-land, a province is quickly captured. Then a diplomat goes to them, reports that the province fell and then he would bully their ruler with a huge army and such things that don't actually exist. Then he tells them that they are so generous, however, that they offer to go away with a status quo peace (this expression is quite snazzy! Those Europeans sure do know a few things, if they are infidels). This works. Then, the trick is repeated with the Hangmen, and the Tadpoles. Success again, and with the former, it works so well, that they even offered us the province before our (dumbstruck) diplomat could say anything! The trick is finally repeated with the Ostriches.
Now we have less enemies.

It is 1578. We discover that the Marmalades actually took Emilia from the Chapel States (I think it was something like that) earlier, so we have to get that province too. Despite the fact that we made peace with them 1 year earlier, the Fadsburg Empire declares war again (I prefer this name. Ostriches doesn't get the point across), and this throws their country down the canals, basically. We don't have time for them though and we do the Trick Against Mucked-up Enemies (TAME) to force white peace upon them. Except that they don't fall for it, so we pay them a bit of gold to go to peace. (Apparently Murad doesn't need respect. I agree, lands are more important.) Finally, in 1579, Lala Mustapha takes Damietta. But what a war it was! Mustapha says that he has done the whole war of annexation with footmen. And he often defeated equal numbers while barely losing men, and even managed to hold against superior forces! No wonder why he is praised as the hero of the war. He got a nice beach house in the city he conquered last, Damietta. Oh, yeah, incase the reader is a Persian, Ethiopian, Hungarian, Pole or Uzbek, we ANNEXED the Mamelukes. ( <- my tribute to an AAR you should really know and read :p)
Time to relax now though. The empire is messed up again, though not as much as last time, and we need to rebuild. And Milan and Mantua are under Rebel control!

(Plus, here is a screenie. Since all that happened in the colonies is the starting of Malindi, and the completion of Dumat in Mogadiscio, you should concentrate on the European part of the map.)

ScreenSave117.jpg

...in deep *scratched out words* trouble. Liked this one :rofl: Also liked you made up names for the nations :D just wondering, do you have a name for Sweden too?

Another nice war, seems like your BB is pretty high now but you sure have a nice way of showing all your enemies who is the ruler in the world, just teach them a lesson and force them all into peace. Keep up the good work

Right, help please. How can I turn off a country's major status so that it can be forceannexed? I went into the savefile and replaced "major = yes" with "major = no", but I still cannot annex the country, though I'm pretty sure I have all of its provinces and I have all 7 stars too. Plus I am the leader of the alliance. Help?! :confused:

Well... there are a couple possible things, I guess--and that's because I can't remember if trying to change the major status will actually work or not. It may not--in which case, when you want to annex a country for role-playing reasons or because you want their capital or whatever else, you can edit the savefiles and give yourself their capital, but give them like a 50 person colony landlocked in Siberia or the Americas where they should hopefully not cause any trouble.

Anyway, when you go to try to annex, make sure of a few things--one, that you were the one declared war upon or who declared war. You may be the leader of an alliance, but if one of your allies was the one attacked then you can't annex the enemy. Two, be sure they don't have any of your own provinces under control hiding somewhere around. Three, reject any outstanding peace offers that they've sent you--if you control the whole country, but they've got a peace-offer notifier sitting up in the corner, you can't annex until you close that box out.

Hope that helps.

Morpheus506 said:
Well... there are a couple possible things, I guess--and that's because I can't remember if trying to change the major status will actually work or not. It may not--in which case, when you want to annex a country for role-playing reasons or because you want their capital or whatever else, you can edit the savefiles and give yourself their capital, but give them like a 50 person colony landlocked in Siberia or the Americas where they should hopefully not cause any trouble.

Anyway, when you go to try to annex, make sure of a few things--one, that you were the one declared war upon or who declared war. You may be the leader of an alliance, but if one of your allies was the one attacked then you can't annex the enemy. Two, be sure they don't have any of your own provinces under control hiding somewhere around. Three, reject any outstanding peace offers that they've sent you--if you control the whole country, but they've got a peace-offer notifier sitting up in the corner, you can't annex until you close that box out.

Hope that helps.

Well...

1. Yep, I declared the war, and the major in question is the one I DoWed if that matters.
2. I checked the ownedprovinces list (the 3 provinces were there, no less, no more) and the controlledprovinces list (nothing there).
3. I rejected everything, but if I hadn't, then I couldn't even go to the offering screen. Now I can, but instead of the "outstanding victory, want to annex?" thing, I get only 7 stars.

As for that thing. How do I do it? If I want to place something like that into, say, Wewak, I dunno how to use the savefile to create that 50-person colony. Can I have some help on that? :)

Hm, they're still a major, then, ingame? Gold shield and all that, despite your "major = no" edit? I was afraid of that. I seem to recall making the mistake in my Sibir game of making France a major partway through just for the hell of it, or possibly to reload as them and see something, and then not being able to un-major them. Which is a problem.

What I had done in that game was to give them a crappy colony in the Philippines, and that was all. Actually, check that. I believe they already had a crappy colony in the Philippines and I just edited them out of Paris..yeah, that was it.

Presumably they don't have any silly random colonies on a poor Pacific island at this point, though, since you sound like you've got all their land, whoever "they" are. So, what I would do if I were you, is if you still have some colonists laying around, find an unoccupied, poor, useless, out of the way province, and start a level 1 colony there. St. Helena, for example, would be nice :D. Heck, it doesn't necessarily have to be unoccupied, and it'd be easier for you, to just find a tiny tiny colony way out of the way. This is only because it's easier to edit in a transfer of ownership of a province than it is to edit in the entire city/colony in a province in the game files.

Then, in your savegame, find the province ID of the province you want to give them, out of the way, either in your ownedprovinces list or that of whichever country has it. Take that number, and cut and paste it into the ownedprovinces list of the country you're fighting. It's important to cut, not copy--dual ownership of one province would probably crash the game on trying to load it ;). Then do the same thing with the number in the controlledprovinces list. It would probably be easiest to put that number into your own controlledprovinces list, so you wouldn't have to sail off and land and conquer it, allowing you to use it in the peace treaty from the start.

You also then must move the country's capital to that province. I think there's a line in the city information stuff that says "capital = yes" or something like that...cut and paste that from the current capital to your chosen exile island.

From here, you can either go about things legally, or edit in your chosen outcome. If by controlling all normal provinces and this island, you can get all the provinces you want in the peace, go for it, and well done. But if there are too many provinces for the AI to give up, you can go back in the savefile and take all of the enemy's owned provinces and add them to your own list (except the island) and then go back in and make a white peace or get money.

If you want to be REALLY hardcore, you can find the list of provinces that your enemy has discovered and delete like all of them, leaving them trapped in a fog of terra incognita out in the middle of the ocean, with awful income and no realistic prospects of escaping and becoming a nuisance. Don't really know if that'd work, since I didn't try it, and it probably wouldn't be necessary anyway :p

So yeah, hope that helps. Any questions, just ask :)

Yep, I know about province transferring and stuff, since I already cut them down by one province to be roleplay-ish :) Thanks for the help. So I actually have to start a colony? That's bad news, I don't know about any out of the way places... but maybe I could steal one of Spain's :cool: I'm sure they wouldn't mind, they usually get filthy rich either way.

Just make sure you pick a nice, poor, flea-infested one of Spain's ;). It wouldn't do for you to give them something rich and then suddenly notice, say, French (or whoever) colonies popping up in Africa from their base in Spanishland.

Well, I'll do that. I hope there is a colony acceptable for the purpose... but! It's 1580-ish right now, so there are still 200+ years of the game. And in that time, a decent colony could grow into a city, and then the annexed major would actually start to have an influence on the game :p Well, I'll find an island or other out of the way province, cut their population down to 50 or something, make it the capital, make all their discovered provinces void, and everything like that. Should do the business. Unfortunately, I cannot make an update until Monday or Tuesday though. I'm playing at my other computer now, with the vanilla GC, so I cannot get that savefile. However, as a consolation, I'll give you the picture of the biggest AI Granada I've ever seen:
ScreenSave1.jpg

That is one big and impressive Granada indeed, I hope you will be able to sort out this major problem. I also think the idea of giving them a flea infested colony somewhere in the new world is the best way of removing this problem once and for all…

flee infested? Malaria infested is a lot worse. Africa's westcoast has some colonies where population tends to decrease for many nations.

(I suppose you have guessed what the country I am trying to annex is :) )I have a new problem. I chose Port of Spain as the new capital, and reduced its population to some 47. Now, however, while I edited the "capital=yes" thingie out of the previous capital, and edited it into Port of Spain, the old capital didn't actually stop being a capital. Help?! Anything to cause this?
EDIT: Nevermind, the method that was here doesn't work. Can I have some help? :)

Um... There may be something in the savefile under country information or something like that that says something like "capital = [province id number]" that corresponds to the old capital, that you would need to change as well.

Anyway, have a nice holiday!