• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where did I finish? In 1519... wait, I didn't even finish it. Another war waited in that year!
The Hungarians were chosen to be the target. They were only an annoyance as of their current state (allied with some unimportant country), but allied with other countries, they would give us unwanted trouble. Well, the Sultan would assure that they won't. War was declared.

This war lasted two years, with mainly siege attrition taking their toll on our men as opposed to Hungarians. Their excuses for an army were swept aside, but it was moderately difficult to siege some forts. So the generals decided to storm them instead after a few months of siege.
Turkish soldiers demolished much of Hungary, after which they begged for peace. "Is 5 years a long time? No, I don't think so." was the Sultan's thought, so he accepted Croatia and Banat.

1522:

Apparently, 5 years is a long time. Our Sultan got bored and decided to just wait 1 year before declaring war again! The cannons were pointed south though, this time: The Mamelukes were living in relative peace, so it was time to finish this dream.
The Sultan didn't want much however. Just a crushing blow or two, a few quick peacedeals and a 5-year wait. The Hafsids, Algeria and Crimea all answered the call. The first two were especially active, raiding unprotected Mameluke territory and sometimes assisting in siege.
The Turkish main army however skipped much of Middle-East (if my geography knowledge is correct, it is Middle East - the editor) and headed straight for Alexandria, after a tiresome and treacherous walk through Sinai. The siege lasted until about 1524, but the Sultan couldn't bail out with that one province, especially not if the peace deal left the allies to fight on. So the army marched on Egypt.
Attacking Cairo was a surprisingly easier task, though Alexandria wasn't exactly very difficult either. It fell by 1525. By this time Algeria took the area of Nile near Assuan, while the Hafsids walked away with El Alamein. Finally Cairo gave in and the Mameluke leader gave us Alexandria. Good work, took them that long to realise. Gazi Husein or whoever he was, got transported to home at Smyrna by ship, though - Alexandria was more effective to defend with a generic squadron.

1529:

The Hafsids realised their place and joined us as our vassals! Well, now there is no need for forceful methods. Soon the country will be ours and we will lay our hands on their Tripolitanian ivory... heheh.
The political map as of 1529:
(Notice how the Teutonic Order is still big. Good for them.)
ScreenSave88.jpg

(Note my VP's in that pic! :p)
The Hafsids are a spawn of IGC, their official name is Hafsid Empire. They are that brown-greenish country on the map, their capital is Tunis and they also own Tripolitania by default.

Geeze, that's some VP you got there.

Nice victory over Hungary, and well timed i'd say.

Wonderful to see you back and writing. I have also been away for a long time now, so I am glad to see that there are still someone updating their EUI AARs. It seems like your progress have been very fine and a CoT is always nice to have. Keep up the good work!

I'm glad too. Dunno why, but I bet that the Teutonic Order is going to have a hard time...

Whoops! It seems that I have lost my EU CD at our other house, so until I can get it back to here, where the savefiles are, this AAR will be on hold. (This time can be anything from 2 days to a week or two...)

With my EU CD back, enjoy the wonderful exploits of the Crescent again!

1533: Now that we've had a bit of a siesta, the Sultan decided it is time to get back to business again. The next target would be the Habsburgs. They look quite wimpy, maybe because Suleyman himself would accompany an army with Ibrahim on the lead of the other?
We detected a low-ranked general named Bashturk leading an infantry regiment too. We don't know why anyone would want to bash Turks, so just to be on the safe side, he was executed. :D
Tyrol, and Styria with its refinery, which produced wonderful beer in golden bottles, were quick to be taken. Ibrahim was a bit slower, as a Kirchner held up his forces in Salzburg but was finally swept aside. At this moment, the Sultan invaded Styria and marched on Wien. We also heard the news that Bulgaria's citizens have converted to the one true faith.
In 1535, the war draws to an end. Just to avoid almost complete annexation, Austria offers Tyrol, Salzburg and Styria to us, which is accepted. (They seemed to forget that they still have Lorraine and Alsace to flee to.) Meanwhile, it is of mild interest that a country naming themselves Sardinia has broke free of the Spanish. We don't know why anyone would name his country after a fish, but since they live on an island, it is appropriate, plus weaker Spaniards mean more power to us. Hopefully.

1536: France takes Lorraine from Austria. Keep the good work up Frenchies, just take Alsace and we'll take care of the rest.

1539: And now we celebrate as the Hafsid Empire joins us in our glorious empire! The rebels will be nasty though.

Here's a pic for those of you interested:
ScreenSave93.jpg

And now I bet some of you are thinking "Oh god, another guy who is so proud that he is dominating Europe against the AI." But don't worry, the real fun hasn't even started yet! :D

This reminds me of my Sibir AAR. Cool stuff.

Good work, you have a lot of nice gains. And as Duke of Wellington said Styria is a nice gold producing province I think so that will do very well. Keep up the pressure and destroy all the evil Europeans…

Aha!

1540:

It appears that the Sultan has found out about a new way of gaining territory. This idea involves a young man named Özdemir, who calls himself a "conquistador", and seven transport ships. Özdemir thinks that using the maps that were gotten from some country we don't remember, we could sail to Africa and build some new cities there. It's so crazy it just might work.

1544:

Success! After slaying some people there who dyed their skin black, a few settlers established some trading posts in the western part of Africa. In an area named Dakar, we already start expanding and build a city named Ottluk. It trains us slaves.
---
It seems that these people are actually black. We tried cleaning down the supposed black dye from them, but it just didn't work. Heh, variety in color can't hurt, now can it?

1545-46:

Sultan Suleyman seems to think this business is boring in the long-term too. Either way, it just couldn't keep us from declaring war on Austria. This war was quick 'n' bloody. Now let's see how this war goes.
We first invade Austria in general. Odenburg is the first to fall, but then Suleyman's army is called back as a 70,000 force revolts in Styria. (Ouch. And this happens every time the 5,000-odd inhabitant province of Styria revolts... why? :confused: ) The bad news is, our Sultan gets a wound that disables him from leading the army anymore... shame.
Ostmarch and Carnolia fall next. Then a desparate Austria offers us Odenburg and Ostmarch for peace. We accept, since all the time in this war a 50,000-60,000 size Mameluk force was annoying us in the south. Now they can go back to their Shi(i)te... heheh.

1550:

Holy hell! We must be respected, as the ruler of Algeria dies and with the lack of heir, the Algerian nation offers their crown to us! This means we just got their lands! I suppose the thrill will fade away. At least they don't revolt with 10,000s of people at once. Actually, they don't revolt at all... (Anyone know why? They aren't cores, but the revolt list is a nice little zero.)

1551-1557:

Boredom reigns. We replace Oman with Aden in our alliance though. But then again, that's not much, is it? Ottluk grows into a city capable of building troops. Now we will have color variety in our armies too, not just in the workforce.

And a map of our European and North African gains:

ScreenSave106.jpg

And another one of the colonial situation:

ScreenSave107.jpg

(BTW, please nobody take offence to the black jokes.)

Impressive victory over austria, and a nice string along the west african coast, it seems

Very nice inheritance and a superb victory over Austria, very well done. Keep up the good work :)

Hello my dear readers,
Even though school is over (was on Thursday last week already), I just happen to be an unlucky fella who still has lots of things to do IRL even after the school... so I'm uncertain as to when will I continue. The earliest for a good update would prolly be the weekend... we'll see.
Also, could someone post something - anything, actually? I could use it for a certain thing :D
BTW, to the post below, that is enough :p

Last edited:
Actually, I just managed to get some time for continuing the AAR. So now I have got to use it! This update features... a small BB war :eek:

The start year: 1559!

We declare war on Persia. With colonisation slowly losing the hype due to outrageous prices, war is the only option. Our aims: Armenia, Kurdistan, and maybe Azerbadzjan.
Our troops start to invade Kurdistan first. The Persians are just haplessly watching. However, something strange happens after the first few months go by. Portugal declares war! Argh, the infidels. That would not even be the problem, but their allies - Poland, Bavaria and Hungary - line up on our borders. Weak, yes, but there are a lot of them - Allah save us now!
The first help was Crimea joining the war. Aden ducks out, but we don't blame them, they might not even know where the hell these countries are.
We turn to face Poland first. Ostmarch easily falls to them, but so does Chernigov to us! Then, we besiege Pripet's capital city and the infidel Poles, fearing a possible Cossack rebellion or something like that with several cities under Turkish control - accept a clean status quo peace.
Meanwhile, Pest has been destroyed quite well. So we attack Eger, the capital (Eger was never the capital of Hungary in real history tbh, but meh...) and one assault later, we take Pest in a treaty. However, two small principalities with two large armies come next: Helvetia and Baden declare war as one alliance!
In the crisis, Özdemiroglu Osman, a skilled general, is appointed to be the leader of the army trying to clean up former Austrian lands from attackers. First, Bavaria is ousted from Turkey. We threaten them with complete annexation, and the fools actually believe we have the time and soldiers to do this, so they accept a white peace - phrased as a very generous offer (though it's actually a relief)
Persia offers us Kurdistan. Quite a poor province, but at least we got rid of one more enemy. Even though he might have been the most harmless of all. Meanwhile, with her allies out of the war, Portugal accepts the white peace. But for one destroyed enemy, another takes its place: Bohemia joins the fun! Well, it's not so much fun for us. With many conscript soldiers, Osman manages to chase out Helvetians from Tyrol, and now moves on to Milan - it appears they took the city?
Sadly, Osman dies while killing some Helvetians. So we order Sokollu Mehmed to board a ship and come to Triest from Kabylia to take over the main army in the region. Rebellions plague our lands already, we need a good general to end the wars quickly.
Since we don't feel like advancing on the powerful fortifications of Helvetia, we offer them a white peace to go away. So now Sokollu Mehmed joins the army and they go north to attack Bohemia who were quite harmless so far, failing to take Ostmarch and its city Krems despite the useless fortifications. The army manages to ambush the Bohemians and slaughters one third of them before they retreat. Mehmed chases them into Moravia, the weakest link in the chain of relatively well fortified Bohemian provinces. Two assaults later, Moravia's town falls and the Bohemians actually offer it up! We accept.

However, if they only knew what happened meanwhile, they might have tried to hold. Savoy's 90,000 army marches into Milan after their diplomat delivers a declaration of war! This is an emergency now. Heavy conscriptions start, and a 60,000 army is finally amassed in Tyrol to wait for Savoyards for invade. Meanwhile, we send our ambassador into France who tries to look cutely at the French king while asking for a white peace.
Apparently, our hypnotising skills are quite good, as France agrees! This sure saves us of more potential threats! Savoy's 75,000 remaining soldiers come to besiege Innsbruck. We look forward to the battle quite confidently, but they manage to defeat us! We are chased into Milan.
While we are there, we decide to besiege the province and raise more infantry. Milan is liberated after a few months of siege, just before Savoy manages to take Innsbruck. They are almost storming the province, with their 45,000ish remaining troops, when Mehmed's 50,000 army and some ten thousand infantrymen arrive in Tyrol simultaneously, along with some Crimean help! The infidel army is reduced to pitiful numbers, and we repeatedly attack them until their army is completely eliminated. They seem to get the point, as they agree to get out of the war.
However, something sad happened in the last battle. The Savoyard soldiers attempted to use their arquebuses, wildly firing everywhere. They didn't hit much, but unfortunately one of their bullets hit Sokollu Mehmed as he was watching the battle close to the enemies. It hit him in some vital spot and he couldn't be saved. This is certainly sad, as now our only remaining leader is Lala Mustapha - who, incidentally, has to guard against any possible Mameluk attack. But at least, in March 1565, the great war ends!
It is questionable whether the three provinces - the rebellious and semi-isolated Moravia, the poor Kurdistan and the slightly richer but still poor Pest - were worth the lots of money and troops wasted, but now it's too late to reconsider... we might have to dig in now though.

1566-68:

The period of peace starts with rebuilding the military - mostly. It appears that an explorer, named Aziz, has been trying to offer his services to the Sultan, but apparently due to the wars, no-one gave a *something is crossed out here*. However, now he's been finally noticed. He has a few ships in the Nile region. So he is sent with some 4,000 cavalrymen to Somalia and the provinces near the Horn of Africa. The small expedition (sadly Özdemir has died in 1561 - apparently the diseases of Africa might have defeated him. He was buried in Ottluk, the first city founded in West Africa thanks to the Conquistador) manages to establish some trading posts in Somalia, an area named Mudugh, an island named Socotra, and also, a small colony is founded in a province named Mogadiscio (I assume this will grow into a city eventually). We also use a new type of gun (Land tech 10. Can anyone tell me what is the name of that tech?) to slaughter hostile natives, apparently not all of those black guys are all friendly and cute.

And a new map is drawn to reflect Turkey's new gains:

ScreenSave114.jpg

And now, the (almost) unbiased summary of Europe so far.
Turkey: We rock :D *ahem* I mean, so far it has been quite easy, but mostly it has been due to the blunders of the AI (I was surprised with Moravia... and Poland could have been more of a threat too. Savoy just got grinded up as well) that no provinces have been lost there. Everything is going quite jolly for now... no times of troubles as of yet though.
Austria: If it weren't for Alsace, they wouldn't exist :D They still have a few tricks up their sleeve though. These are: Their 60,000 army (But then again, we fought Savoy) and their ally the Mameluke has an army of that size, and even more, too (But we didn't fight two Savoys at once! Maybe I shouldn't have ignored the Mameluks :D They're gonna be top priority now. I'll check my BB first however.)
France and Spain: The two warmongers, especially France of course. They didn't achieve anything great against each other. Spain is colonising as always, I dunno about France.
Poland: Poland hasn't achieved much yet, either, but they seem to gain the upper hand in wars vs. Russia.
Russia: Russia is a failure. They failed to defeat Kazan (!) AND they haven't had one successful war yet. Even the Teutonic Order slays them.
England and the Netherlands: England has been undisturbed on her home island as of yet, and the Dutch are sorta left alone too; we don't know about their colonisation progress.
Sweden: Sweden has done some basic cleanup in Scandinavia. Nothing groundbreaking yet, either.
The Papal States: They deserve a cookie for losing Bologna to the Mamelukes. +1 province to conquer though <_< They also gave up Romagna to Venice.
Portugal: Portugal's war against Turkey was quite strange, as Portugal only landed some 10,000 troops in the former Algerian lands - in several portions :wacko: They seem to be colonising well enough.