• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Battle bunny

General
27 Badges
Sep 12, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Well, here we have our new AAR! This is currently the placeholder for an interesting thing on my mind. "Not another Turkish AAR" some may say, but there will be some interesting twists on the way, and a pretty radical one will be added in somewhere at the middle......
Difficulties: Probably Hard/Weakling or something.
House Rules: No cheating, unless it is just a quick "columbus" to show the colonial standings. I'm not sure whether that's acceptable for a colonial nation in America, but as for Turkey, other than Africa, and possibly India, I will avoid colonisation like the plague.
I will stick to whatever twists are planned.
I will definitely make the reader's wish part, if those end years are free enough.

Hm. You could forsake all the easy claims like the Mamelukes, instead striking north and taking out Scandinavia. :D

You should press West and make the HRE part of the Sultanate.

Since my faithful readers wished so, I will just do that. I am still thinking what IGC options should I select... not Balkanisation, but maybe Byzantium?
It seems that my goals will be more in the north than in the south. But don't think those pesky Mamelukes will dominate trade in Alexandria! :D
EDIT: Doh, for some reason I thought you abandoned the American AAR. Time for me to read it.

Final settings (modifications):
Hard/Weakling.
Goals: Establish a presence in Egypt (Alexandria+insert whatever non-crappy province here) while pushing north as far as possible.
Stuff that will hinder me to masochism: None. (sorry DoW)
Extra options: CoT in Astrakhan, Byzantium.

And now, let it start! (If my prologue is ahistorical, other than the fact Byzantium managed to defend itself in those years, lemme know, but I remembered that Byzantium was taken in 1453 according to real history.

-----------
I Prologue I
-----------
1451-53:

We have declared war on Byzantium. For the last time, the infidels will suffer, and this time they will feel it better than ever!
Of course, our attack started instantly.

1451 May-1452 January:

Holy Hell! Those infidels are putting up a real big resistance! We have besieged their capital city, and Sofia, already, but their forts are tough. Luckily, Sofia fell in this period, but Byzantion stood firm. A mighty fortress indeed! We order another division to the city, but it has to change paths as rebellions arise in the northern Orthodox provinces, and the only Byzantine ally, Venice also has to be removed. Eventually we cede Morea to them, Byzantion is more important than Corinthia.

1452 February-1452 November:

Our army failed to quell all of the rebellions. In an independence movement, the city of Nicopolis has rose up openly against the Sultan and has declared itself an independent, free Wallachia! This is not to be tolerated, of course. However, we have greater concerns now. Another wave of rebels is besieging Kosovo and they are mighty big! What a treachery!

1452 December-1453 June:

It is all over. The Wallachians, along with the succeeding Serbians, have joined the infidel alliance and drove us out, combined, of their capital. For Sofia, we made peace with Byzantium - but overall, this is more of a humiliating loss. We lost in total 5 provinces and won only one. This must be avenged, lest we will be laughed at by nations of all place, strength and religion.

-----

1492:

This is finally the time! Time for a war against Byzantium! We declare war on this opportunity. Now they shall pay!

1492-1493 July:

The first stage of the war. Our 50,000 strong army, led by the great general Hadim Sinan follows our 30,000 strong secondary army and attacks their city. Their allies: Wallachia, Serbia, Moldavia, Georgia, and Venice. Mighty indeed! For Georgia, we send the 20,000 strong army stationed there, rampaging through the little annoyance. For Venice, we hastily conscript an infantry-cavalry army, with a few cannons, and send them towards Morea. As for the rest, well - Hadim Ali should be enough to take down all three with the help of some recruits.
Morea falls easily, Venice even offers it on a plate. Georgia is destroyed, but we don't take Sochi - it's more trouble than it's worth to defend it. So we accept a Georgian offer in which they give up the province their name comes from. (It is so easy to storm level 1 forts!)
Serbia is the first to be destroyed completely. Their armies are still running on an extent, but not so much as they were before.

1493 August-1494 November:

Wallachia is the next to fall. Moldavia follows soon. We have few diplomats, but they are put to perfect use: One offers Wallachia forgiveness under Turkish rule (well, a little torture but that is nothing, heheh), the other is sent to Serbia, to incorporate them under the same terms (all of them), the third is for Moldavia, and finally, the fourth and last diplomat is sent to annex the most dangerous infidel in Ottoman history. Byzantion is restored under Turkish rule, and we rename it too: the new name is Constantinople, the name which will be the capital of hopefully the most glorious nation ever!

---

Excellent. This was a better start than what I expected. Here is the picture of the current Rooster-I mean, Turkey. :D (Note, I will change the capital before next session)
ScreenSave84.jpg

The Ottomans are always nice to play and read about. This should be a good story, great start :)

Good progress. That Poland looks scary.

Does Poland look scaring?

Them eat it first :D

Well, I did take a hell of a big break, more than expected. :eek:
Now let's see who would care about the continuation of this AAR. The notes from 1494-1505 are lost for now, but I have an idea where to find them...

I care. My loyal pet, Peti Niebla, too :D

I'll read too

Well, apparently, the notes 1494-1505 are in a lost state. So I'll just post a pic from that time and will try to recap it:
ScreenSave85.jpg

The Crescent expanded in this decade plus a year. The action was basically a Venetian war and a Hungarian war - Hungary coughed up the area of Maros river and the Venetian war was an even better success, as the infidels were forced to hand over Istria, Illyria and the island of Corfu.
After that, this happened.
From 1505-1511:
Turkey started looking into the economical side of the business. After recruiting some infantrymen in case the Mamelukes or the Austrians attack, tax collectors were promoted in every province. Well, almost. Those tax collectors would need to get to work to have more of their pals appointed, as the treasury was quite empty in some years. But eventually, the Sultan died, and a new one came to take the throne. Selim I decided that it would be time to weaken those Venetians again. Why? "You ask why? Well, I could ask you, why would we go for the dry, tiring deserts of the Mamelukes just to capture those very dry, tiring deserts? They won't be of much use with the Shi...ites gone." he replied. "No, I mean, why go to war again?" "Because it's much more pleasant for the common people than tax collectors, and it makes a better profit too."

So, let's turn to a new year period: 1511-1519.

Venice's alliance was consisted of assorted scum. This meant the Mamelukes, Georgia and Milan. Talk about desparate... The Sultan's allies were Crimea, Hafsid Empire and Algeria. Certainly a more promising alliance, so to say, as all the members are of the true faith... there are three different kinds of infidels in their alliance! At least they are creative. Well, alright, this includes our "brothers".
The war started quite easily at the Venetian front. The Sultan himself lead the 25,000 strong army that invaded Venice's capital, then went on to Mantua. Georgia was pretty quickly attacked by Crimea, though the allies didn't want dirt in their country and decided to just take the money they had in their treasury. Before they were destroyed, obviously. We didn't bother with capturing them, so eventually after repeated nagging, the Sultan gave into their demands and emptied their treasure for them. Except that it was empty already. But for Allah's sake, the Georgians already signed the paper before they even inspected the treasury!
The Mamelukes held out surprisingly well, but the Turkish stubbornness won, and the repeated conscriptions eventually pushed the camel riders out of our land. They begged for peace after that.
Now, the Venetians were the only remaining enemies. Mantua was captured, and the Sultan was resting in Venezia when Milan stepped. They sent a 20,000 strong army to recapture Mantua for their allies - with Crete being sieged as well, by now, Venice had little place to recruit in. Selim just laughed. "Ha! Is this an army?" he said, and dispersed them all. Certainly an adept combat leader, I must say!
"But why stop after that?" you may ask. Well, rest assured he didn't! Now that Milan was an inconvenience, they were soon silenced by storm. Milan was taken and annexed!
However, the siege of Crete was not going well. The Hafsids helping the Turkish attackers there abandoned the island to help their own in the Cyclades. Yes, they actually went there to be closer to us when either of us needs help. Very nice of them, now we can *coughdipannexcough*...nevermind.
So we eventually decided to mercy Venice for now. They were granted peace in return for Mantua and all their money. Suffice to say, though, that Mantua had no port... the Sultan was landlocked. Well, the army is big, too. Their capital must be captured next time... for now, though, we won, and that's the point.
---
Screenie time! You can also find some interesting stuff (Look at Teutonic Order for example) in other parts, but the Crescent now expands a lot. Stay tuned for the next update.)
ScreenSave87.jpg

Last edited:
In 50 years, Europe would be under the Crescent Moon...

nice victories, i wondered why you didnt take more from the mameluks. Afraid for your bb rating?

Well, someone once said that it could be interesting to skip the easy targets and go for Europe. I thought about this, but then their provinces are quite poor and we also have BB... so I actually left the Mamelukes alone.
In the next setup, though, they are going to suffer. I won't take much myself, though...