• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks Abyss and Karaiskandar. I've been a bit busy this week; I expect to have an update either tonight or tomorrow tonight so stay tuned as the Glorious Empire of Afghanistan continues its expansion!

Didn't expect Afghan to be a upcoming central Asia power! With a larger starting army, looks like it is very much possible! Gogogo!! :)

Kabul, Afghanistan
September 27th, 1936
Afghan Cabinet Meeting

"Good afternoon gentlemen. Following the successful annexation of Sinkiang, our nation has seen unprecedented levels of economic growth and prosperity. Mr. Zikeria, could you give this cabinet a brief overview of any changes in our foreign policy this summer?

01-Government.png

"The main change in our policy has been the guaranteeing of independence of Guangxi Clique and Shanxi. Our thoughts are that a splintered China would better facilitate our own goals in the region. For example, in the event of an Afghan invasion of China, we will most likely be facing one or two warlord states without having to worry about the large Communist or Nationalist armies in the region.

"Mr. Zabuli, can you talk about any changes in our economic policy?"

02-Economy.png

"We have a huge surplus in industrial capacity and are thus able to produce mass quantities of supplies for our economy. Within a few weeks, we will be allocating some extra industrial capacity towards outfitting a militia or infantry division. I'd also like to point out that there have been no changes in our trade deals with the Soviet Union, which has been very generous in its deals."

03-Tech.png

"In terms of our technology, our Military Staff College is on the verge of creating a new military doctrine for our ground forces. We're hoping to have this doctrine completed before our invasion of Tibet."

04-Invasion.png

The Chief of the Army, Mohammad Daoud, then spoke up. "Regarding the invasion of Tibet, I have planned our an initial plan for Operation Southern Sweep. The main elements of our army, the Royal Afghani Army and the I Afghani Corps, will be stationed within our own soil while our own Head of Government, Mr. Khan, will be taking the Afghani Cavalry Corps to venture through the Himalaya Mountains to occupy Lhasa. Hopefully all Tibetese forces will be preoccupied with our main army to notice the hook maneuver. If Tibet forces arrive in Nagqu, we will attack them immediately to dislodge them from their positions."

I hope that Operation Southern Sweep will succeed, because mountain warfare could turn very badly for your troops.

Manpower of 115, did afghan start with that much or was it modded? I thought minor typically start with just 10-20.

I hope so too Karaiskandar; I think that cavalry units have less of a penalty in mountains....:confused:

Thundergate, I started off with ~110 MP (!) and now I have 115 even after the attack on Sinkiang. That's a lot for Afghanistan, but yeah, I did NOT mod anything in this AAR. Afghanistan needs no cheats to take over the world!

Operation Southern Sweep

01-Techology.png

Development of the Firepower Focus Doctrine; Soviet-Sinkiang Trading Company began research into improved defensive measures for the army

02-Invasion.png

At 1:00 A.M. on December 4, 1936, the Glorious Empire of Afghanistan declared war on Tibet; Within minutes, the Afghani Cavalry Corps began marching south

03-OccupationofGar.png

A few weeks later, the first of the Afghan army reached the mountainous province of Gar without any significant Tibetese defense. No Tibetese forces have been spotted in nearby regions, suggesting that Tibet was struck completely off guard by the war.

04-ChangesBefore.png

Afghanistan's diplomatic policy and cabinet before the 1938 change

05-ChangesAfter.png

Afghanistan's diplomatic policy and cabinet after the 1938 change

06-AttackonNagqu.png

The bulk of the Tibetese army was spotted in Nagqu and was thus promptly attacked by Afghan army units. The Afghan army retreated after a few hours of indecisive fighting, however

07-OccupationofKagar.png

Another major Tibetese province fell under the control of Afghanistan on February 22. After a few days of recovery, the Afghani Cavalry Corps continued the march towards Lhasa.

08-Economy.png

With the incorporation of Sinkianese industrial capacities into the Afghani economy, the process of arming and creating three militia army units began.

09-OccupationofXigaze.png

The Afghani Cavalry Corps captured Xigaze on March 9. Initial scout reports indicate that the Tibetese army is pulling back towards Lhasa.

10-AttackonNagqu.png

An attack was launched in order to halt the Tibetese retreat. However, the Afghani army units were forced to break off the attack, fearing too many casualties.

11-OccupationofLhasa.png

Afghan cavalry units made it into the city and sacked the government and administrative buildings of Lhasa. The cavalry force was forced to flee the city due to the large Tibetese attack. However, the Dalai Lama surrendered to the country, unaware that the majority of the Tibetese army was still intact.

12-Overview.png
Overview of the Glorious Afghani Empire. All forces are being repositioned towards the Afghani-Persian border.

Aye, you guys are right D: I have a NAP with the Soviet Union so hopefully neither of them will DoW me because if that happens it would be a matter of days until I get trampled D:

I thought sinkiang will be the next pick as there if no GoI on them rite? but persia offers you seaport and open up more option of what you can do.

Mmmh... It is said that Mongolia is beautiful this time of the year... :D

BUt is a puppet of Soviet. Wrong target obviously! :)

Indeed.
Lesson n°1 "Don't mess with the Big Bad Red Bear." :D
But we're talking about Afghanistan...so why not after all ?!

Preparation- Persia

01-JapanInvasion.png

As predicted, the Japan went to war with China, prompting the whole region to be engulfed in a huge conflict. Since Afghanistan has guaranteed the independence of the Nationalists and some warlord states, it has become increasingly interested in the outcome of the Sino-Japanese War. (Hmmm, I think this pic is a bit wrong. If I recall correctly, Yunnan and Commie China are part of the alliance against Japan as well because China selected the united front event...)

02-Policy.png

The effect that the onset of the war has caused on the Afghani government's policies

03-Shanxi.png

Within days of fighting, the Nationalist government was forced to occupy and directly control the former warlord region of Shanxi since the Japanese have overrun the region.

04-ChinaWar.png

By September, the Japanese have launched multiple amphibious landings in eastern China near Nanjing. This has threatened Chinese positions in the whole region.

05-ChinaEconomy.png

The arrogant Chinese have ignored pleas by certain government officials to relocate their main industrial base which is focused around Shanghai and Nanjing. Following the Japanese occupation of the area, including these two vital cities, the Chinese economy has almost completely collapsed. The city of Chongqing, the current capital of the Nationalist government, is pitiful compared to the cities of Nanjing, Beiping, and Shanghai, all captured by the Japanese.

06-MilitaryAlmostReady.png

The Afghan military is almost ready for the invasion of Persia. All forces have been redeployed to the border and newly established divisions have been sent.

07-Tech.png

The Soviet-Sinkiang Trading Company has completed improved methods of defense for the Afghan military forces and will now begin work upon creating a national system for facilitating the deployment of troops rapidly throughout various parts of the empire.

08-NAPCancel.png

On December 16, 1937, the Glorious Empire of Afghanistan cancelled the Non-Aggression Pact that it had with Persia. Some pro-peace protesters, fearing an invasion of Persia and thus a war, have begun demonstrations in the streets of Kandahar and Kabul.

09-GovernmentBefore.png

The Afghan government and policies before the New Year's Day changes

10-GovernmentAfter.png

The Afghan government and policies after the New Year's Day changes

11-Wtf.png

(Wtf are the chances that this actually happens with Ireland as AI?!)

12-ArmyMakeup.png

Official Afghan Army Makeup; To be used with the the Invasion Plan of Persia

13-InvasionPlan.png

This is the first phase of the Invasion of Persia
White X's are regions of vital importance
Lines symbolize attacks with the intention of capturing the region
Dashed lines symbolize either support attacks or attacks while not taking the province (to destroy/force the surrender of surrounded units)

Last edited: