• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(89506)

Captain
2 Badges
Dec 23, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
(Yes I know I spelt Afghanistan wrong :p)

This is going to be my 2nd AAR (My 1st one about Sinkiang died due to a busy IRL schedule) about Afghanistan.

I have APs all of this week so my first update will most likely be this weekend although I may post one earlier.

Just looking to see if there's interest in seeing me attempt, but most likely fail, a world conquest (or at least Asian/Middle Eastern one) as a nation unlikely to be a world power :p

Goals (in no order):
1) Annexation of Sinkiang- Completed
2) Annexation of Tibet- Completed
3) Annexation of Persia
4) Expansion into the Middle East
5) Involvement in the Sino-Japanese War and/or the Chinese Civil War
6) Ally with one of the major powers
7) Annexation of Saudi Arabia
8) Annexation of Turkey
9) Annexation of Xibei San Ma
10) Annexation of Yunnan

Settings:
Normal/Normal
Democracies cannot start wars
Full IC take over *off*
Tech-team take over *on*

Table of Contents
01- Initial Situation of the Glorious Empire
02- Cabinet Meeting- March 23, 1936
03- Glorious Expansion Eastwards
04- Cabinet Meeting- September 27, 1936
05- Operation Southern Sweep
06- Preparation- Persia

Last edited:
Initial Situation of the Glorious Empire

01-InitialArmyDeployments.png

Troop movement throughout the country towards the northeast corridor between Afghanistan and Sinkiang

02-CabinetandPolicy.png

Afghanistan's Cabinet and Policy Settings; No ministers have been fired or have resigned. The government has taken an increasingly involved stance in the business sector of the economy.

03-TechTeam.png

Noting the weakness of Afghanistan's research and development, full priority has been given to establishing a land doctrine, considering that war with a neighboring country may occur soon.

04-Economy.png

Afghanistan's economic situation as of January 13, 1936; Clearly, the Soviet Union is the Glorious Empire's closest trading partner and hopefully in the future, the two nations will be even closer allies. A small amount of IC is being allocated towards the reinforcement of Afghanistan's military forces; however, this not of utmost importance simply because it will be a few months until the troops are fully ready.

(Don't worry, my future updates will have some more involvement, mostly cabinet meetings, but I really should be studying atm :p)

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest guys. As of now, I'm a few months in, but I began wondering if having Tech-Team Takeover ON is gamey even as a 3rd world country with only 1 skill 1 TT. Your thoughts? If you guys think this is too gamey, I can easily restart the game (I'll just follow the jist of my first update and continue from there). Also, if you DO have tech-team takeover OFF (and you have 1 tech team) and you have 20 base IC, will that one tech-team be able to develop 2 techs at the same time or are you stuck with the one TT researching 1 tech with an open TT slot?

This better not go the way of Sinkiang :p

I looked at team_afg.csv
7600;Khurd Zabitan Staff College;T7600;1;1930;1970;large_unit_tactics;decentralized_execution;training;infantry_focus;individual_courage;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Only one tech team for Afghan.... tough luck! I do not think one TT will can research two techs. You need to copy the line above but assigning different initial numbers to the next subsequent row (s). Copy five lines to get five same TTs
Leave your tech team capture on as foreign TT can be captured to be your slaves. You have been punished enough for using AARFGHAARNISTAARN!

Kabul, Afghanistan
March 23rd, 1936
Afghan Cabinet Meeting

"Good afternoon gentlemen. I called this cabinet meeting together to discuss the future of our nation in terms of economic and military expansion. Mr. Zabuli, can you give us a run-down on our current economic progress?"

01-Economy.png

"Why certainly" replied the Armaments Minister. "We have a surplus of energy which has been sent to the Soviet Union in return for supplies. In addition, we have had a huge surplus of supplies which we are trading for money. Because of the benefits we are receiving from these trade agreements, we are able to maximize our industrial input in other sectors of need, such as reinforcing our troops. We also have just enough per day resource income in order to facilitate the operation of a factory, in the event that we capture one or make one. I'd also like to point out that these trade deals should hopefully create a more amiable Soviet Union so that, if need be, we can turn to them for support and military assistance."

"Excellent. Mr. Zikeria, can you speak with us about our foreign relations?"

02-GuaranteeIndependenceofChina.png

"Just a few weeks ago, I took a trip to the Kuomintang in order to future our future relations and possible trade agreements. Although no economic trades were worked out, both governments feel that having strong and friendly relations will only help our respective peoples. For this reason and the great surplus of money from our trade deals, our government now officially guarantees the independence of the Nationalists."

"That sounds good, although I'm uneasy as to what role our country should take in the event that another Sino-Japanese War should flare up. The Japanese are obviously better equipped and trained and if we were to ally with them, we can strike a blow in the belly of the Chinese. Regardless, having good relations with the Chinese, at least in the short-term, is great. Mr. Daoud, how goes our armed forces?"

03-InvasionPlan.png

"Great, my Shah. All mobilized army units are currently deployed at the Afghan-Sinkianese border. As of now, our scouts report no nearby Sinkianese military units, so if and when war is to commerce, we should be able to get a strategic foothold into Sinkiang before the government even realizes what happened. Our army has been split into three army groups. The I Afghani Corps will be holding the line at Kashgar in order to cover the rear of the advance while the Royal Afghani Army and the Afghani Cavalry Corps will blitz through northwest Sinkiang towards the capital at Urumqi. This is their only city of vital economic and political importance and we believe that its capture will lead to the complete and unconditional surrender of the Sinkianese government. We are only waiting on the troops to be fully prepared and your green light until the invasion can begin."

"You have my approval. Once the army is ready the invasion can commence. Ideally, I would like to see Sinkiang surrender by the end of the summer so we can consolidate our position and plan the invasion of Tibet by the Spring of 1937."

Does afighanstan start with a large army? i've never played afghanistan so please tell me?

Yup, they have 1 1918 Infantry division, 1 (lvl 1) Cav division, and 5 Militia divisions. I didn't build any army divisions yet so my latest screenshot is the starting Afghan army. It's a lot too; larger than Sinkiang, Tibet, and even Persia's starting armies.

Waiting for the serious business to begin, but still very interested. :D

I don't think tech team takeover is gamey if you're a minor espicially if you want to do something odd like build a navy as a landlocked country with no naval teams or doctrine teams.

You only have 1 tech team and its level 1, don't worry about it. Using a cheat code for a large amount of manpower is alot more gamey.

just watch out for US invasions...:rolleyes:

and TT takeover isn't gamey with such countries with little & crappy techteams

addition of Manpower and IC takeover is gamey IMHO, not TT takeover. I guess you have the number of comments you wanted :)

(Ok great, there's more interest than I thought :p)

Glorious Expansion Eastwards

01-InitialAttack.png

Declaration of War on Sinkiang; Initial Troop Movement

02-OccupationofKashgar.png

Occupation of Undefended Kashgar; No sight of enemy forces yet

03-OccupationofGulja.png

Occupation of Gulja; Estimated 3 divisions in and around Urumqi

On a sidenote, one of the many Chinese warlord states declared war on the Nationalists, with which we have guaranteed their independence. The Glorious Empire will become increasingly interested in events occurring in the Chinese region (+2 slider to Interventionism due to the GoI)

04-BattleforUrumqi-1.png

Opening stage of the Battle for Urumqi once both Afghani armies are fully organized and ready; City is lightly defended

05-BattleforUrumqi-2.png

Within a day of fighting, the Sinkianese forces retreat from the city

06-OccupationofUrumqi.png

Almost two weeks later, the first Afghani forces begin occupying Urumqi. The Sinkianese government is in ruin and remaining Sinkianese forces are completely demoralized

07-BattleforAltay-1.png

One of the Sinkianese units fled to the mountainous region of Altay. Even though it holds no significance, the province was immediately attacked by Afghani forces

08-BattleforAltay-2.png

A few hours later, the Sinkianese force unconditionally surrenders to the far superior Afghani forces

09-AnnexationofSinkiang.png

The government of Sinkiang is annexed August 7, 1936

10-AfghanEmpire.png

A look at the Glorious Empire; Captured Sinkianese industrial complexes are not accounted for yet

(Goal 1= SUCCESS!)