• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will someone ever let this thread die?

In 2012, the thread will be on page 150, with n00b 2011ers asking where Rustican is, and the_shy_adult will be complaining about them.
ja1qt.gif

anonymous4401 said:
In 2012, the thread will be on page 150, with n00b 2011ers asking where Rustican is, and the_shy_adult will be complaining about them.
ja1qt.gif

Nah, by then my personality will have changed and my username would be something totally different.

I know! It'll have changed to the_shy_adult.
ja1qt.gif

anonymous4401 said:
I know! It'll have changed to the_shy_adult.
ja1qt.gif

But I won't, per se, be shy anymore. In these formative years I will either discover my social skills or become a total recluse- in both cases "shy" no longer applies.

Brasidas said:
Africa's apparent difficulty is pretty conventional thinking, and it works best for how Rommel is presented. Meh.

Generally speaking, Africa is hard only compared to Australia and South America in Risk.

North America is something like the game's "magic" continent, because while slightly tricky to get, it pays off a handsome reward, (and is also relatively easy to hold, with only three points of entry) unlike South American and Aus, which are easy to get but don't give much back, and Europe and Asia, which are so difficult to take that most people wouldn't try for them without some land already, except perhaps out of desparation. Africa is somewhere in between and maybe harder to call, but it is far easier than Europe or Asia.

Shy Kid said:
Will someone ever let this thread die?

Why should it have to die? It's one of the greatest thread on these forae...

After almost one week of productivity close to zero at work, hours of rolling on floor laughing and scaring my team mates, I just finished reading it all... one word: WOW... this is crazy, out of this world stuff, best AAR EVER.

Thank you Rustican for this great AAR… this stuff is gold; I think it had only one update that wasn’t topnotch, but even that one was very good. Great humor and some very nice philosophical idea, please write more, anything… :)

Last edited:
jamius: Truly a great AAR...I read the whole thing in one sitting and got nothing done today... Hope the guy comes back... I'd love to read more of his writings.

aye, this second read took me over 12 hours to read it in one setting ! ! :D

that said, i agree with everything you said ! ! :)

magnificent does NOT do this AAR justice ! ! :cool:

ah reckon i will have to wait until the next life to properly thank Rustican for his work on this AAR ! ! :: sad ::

Indeed GhostWriter, I fear that Rustican has moved on to much greener fields:(