The game slows to a crawl every time auto saving in end game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WeeBigTerd101

Captain
2 Badges
Nov 16, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Battle for Bosporus
I normally play on iron man mode and in the two games I've to the end game with every time in auto saves it stops the game and it freezes until the game had fully saved. It seems like the auto save is every ten minutes while the time is going or something like that. So when it takes five minute it real slows the game down. this isn't a bug report I'm saying this "feature" sucks

• 1Like
Reactions:
Late game lag is a big problem with the previous generation of console. It is much better on the next generation., if you can ever get your hands on one.

When I upgraded, I was able to continue the same game. My ironman auto save was taking several minutes in the late game on the old system, but after the upgrade it only took a few seconds.

Late game lag is a big problem with the previous generation of console. It is much better on the next generation., if you can ever get your hands on one.

When I upgraded, I was able to continue the same game. My ironman auto save was taking several minutes in the late game on the old system, but after the upgrade it only took a few seconds.
Its not only big problem on previous gen consoles. PC have exact problem and the updates later on were aimed to fix it. Advising players to get better PC or console is a bit silly and trollish

Reactions:
Its not only big problem on previous gen consoles. PC have exact problem and the updates later on were aimed to fix it. Advising players to get better PC or console is a bit silly and trollish

I don't know what to tell you, other than it is way better. Presumably most players will want to upgrade once the new systems are more widely available. We all know late game is a serious problem on the old generation system. I'm not having any issues on the new system. Time flows normally through the whole game, and saves only take a few seconds. I do recommend an upgrade for anyone who wants to actually finish a game.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I have been fortunate. I havent experienced too bad lag during endgame on either my pro or slim ps4, but i do slow the game speed down. I find doing so allows the beginning of month tick to run all its calculations and thus speeding up the save should it hapoen at that point. By endgame time i pretty much have conquered the galaxy since I generally play DA or DS (my way of being the end game crisis) and am merely toying with one final empire while I build a gate in each system and attempt inhabit every habitable planet. (Trying to push the game to its limits).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Even if i turn the autosave off i still have a freeze of 15 to 20 sec every year once i reach year 2370 and beyond, fyi i play on oneX that is 2 year old
that's mainly due to the internal ai trying to calculate so much stuff

why many "fixes" for lag often recommend smaller galaxies, less ai, less habitable worlds and less pre-ftl civs