• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Garensterz

Second Lieutenant
27 Badges
Feb 11, 2014
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
The title explains it. I just wanted some hotkeys to be changed into e.g. "Alt, Ctrl, Space, and even side buttons of the mouse etc. However the game is restricting you to do so. Can we atleast have more freedom to change all the controls in our desired settings so that we don't have to press a specific hotkey on the other side of the keyboard? I want my hotkeys comfortably reachable on my left hand.

Bumping this thread.

Well I believe this topic is still relevant. Since still division received a lot of DLC and Updates since release, are there any news on keyboard control flexibility?

Bumping this thread.

Well I believe this topic is still relevant. Since still division received a lot of DLC and Updates since release, are there any news on keyboard control flexibility?

From the average EUGEN response time and effectiveness in their other games the chances are like this:

- anything changing in the options, settings, hud or menue of a "finished" (hahaha, that one is still so funny...) EUGEN game: 0%
- anything (units, stats, maps, modes) changing that the community actually wants: 0,1%
- changes implemented that improve a game and were suggested by the community for TWO GAMES earlier? 100% in the next game. Too bad it is not a sequel but some boring WWII stuff. hehe.

Average time before FUNDAMENTAL bugs and "features" are adressed: 12 months (looking at you, arty on helos, lol... the best feature ever removed from the game :( late, but still ^^)

For the MOUSE:
Just use a mouse software (logitech?) and asign the hotkeys there. You can make a mouse profile for games individually.
For example I have Group 0 on my 4th mouse button (I leave this group always empty, so I can deselect all units when pressing the button).
Dont even remember if this was an issue still in the Shit Division. The game is still not running on my machine, even with more demanding games running just right....