• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aigle édenté

First Lieutenant
72 Badges
Sep 23, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • For The Glory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
I have a big issue. In a war most of the time when a territory is occupied it directly changes owner. Since. 2.0 (or 2.0.3 ?) instead of being hatched and negociated through a peace offer the territory changes hand directly. In this screenshot you can see that playing as Egypt I was allied with Macedon and they declared war to Antigonid Kingdom. But when I capture a territory it becomes immediatly a Macedon one so I can't hope to expand myself as being part of the belligerents.
Not only this, but as you can see in this picture the war score doesn't change, it remains about - 4 for me, and around 5 to 7 for Macedon who leads the offensive, despite the fact that I conquered a significant piece of their land. Do I miss something ? Is it a (huge) bug that I should report in the bug topic ?

Invasion par la macédoine.jpg

Reactions:
The reason the territories change hands immediately after occupation is because this particular war is fought with the Legacy of Alexander Casus Belli. It mimics the civil war territory flipping mechanics. At the start of the game only the Diadochi have acces to it in wars between each others. It dissapears after the first ruler (or second if playing as Antigonids) dies. Some historical wars also use this mechanic - Punic Wars or rise of Parthia. A similar CB can also be unlocked in the oratory tech tree. The warscore isn't influenced by the captured territory, only by battles and occupying co-belligerents territories.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The reason the territories change hands immediately after occupation is because this particular war is fought with the Legacy of Alexander Casus Belli. It mimics the civil war territory flipping mechanics. At the start of the game only the Diadochi have acces to it in wars between each others. It dissapears after the first ruler (or second if playing as Antigonids) dies. Some historical wars also use this mechanic - Punic Wars or rise of Parthia. A similar CB can also be unlocked in the oratory tech tree. The warscore isn't influenced by the captured territory, only by battles and occupying co-belligerents territories.

As Tequilac said this is a feature. With the exception of the wars he mentioned all other wars play out as usual. Also not receiving war score in the above case is normal since you are not able to occupy any territories so your warscore is related only to battles and port blockades. It is the same as fighting a war and manually transferring all occupied land to your ally and war leader you get warscore again only from battles and blockades.

Reactions: