• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tiyanki_

Recruit
Oct 4, 2021
First of all, I try to play EU4 on Epic Games Launcher. When I click to "Play" in the launcher it closes and nothing happens. I did try downloading Microsoft Visual C++, did try deleting and ownloading the game again, trying to open the game by "eu4.exe" is also does nothing. I did close anti-virus programs, MSI Afterburner but still, nothing changes. It seems like the game doesn't log any data but the launcher does. I did ask people in Paradox Discord about this but they couldn't find a way to make the game work.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    84,2 KB · Views: 0
  • resim_2021-10-04_222122.png
    resim_2021-10-04_222122.png
    12,4 KB · Views: 0
In the game launcher please set Display mode to Borderless. THEN go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

IF that doesn't help, also Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting from this download)

Add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have installed RivaTuner, RadeonPro, or a gaming VPN app called Evolve, or the MSI Gaming App, or Duet, disable it as it clashes with this game.

IF that doesn't help:

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .
I can only see the settings.txt here. And I did everything that u said above but still, nothing happens.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    248 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1633439884659.png
    1633439884659.png
    16,7 KB · Views: 0
What happens if you run eu4.exe directly, which bypasses the launcher?

And what antivirus app do you use?

Nothing happens if i try the launcher.
My question was, what happens if you run eu4.exe directly (from File Explorer) - not the launcher. Any Windows error show?

I see you have Steam too. Our similar game Crusader Kings 2 is free to play there now. Does it have a similar problem?

Then I don't know what's wrong on your machine to cause this, sorry. Please install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that here, thanks.

Can you please disable the Discord overlay, and exit the Hamachi VPN while we work on this, thanks.

Aside from Windows Defender I see you have IO Bit active. Have you set it to tllow eu4.exe through?

You also have quite a few Windows updates "in progress" that have failed to apply. If you run the Windows Up[date app does it find anything to do?