• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

esliseos

Recruit
11 Badges
Jun 5, 2023
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Hello. I tried to do everything that was written in the emergency window - it didn't help - I updated drivers, installed software and so on ... I tried to solve the problem through files and that's what I noticed: When installing the game through steam, I automatically install the paradox launcher for all games, which apparently is the whole point, but he doesn't see the installed game and he can't install it himself. The game itself runs through files, but not through the launcher.
Please help who can
1685974690406.png

Ah, that is usually an antivirus app getting in the way. What antivirus app do you use? You need to make sure all these apps are in its exceptions lists:

ck3.exe (in the Steam CK3-binaries folder)
dowser.exe (in the Steam CK3-launcher folder)
C:/users//AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2023.7.1/paradox launcher.exe
C:/users//AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/bootstrapper-v2.exe

IF that doesn't help, also set each of those .exe files (EXCEPT ck3.exe !) to run as the Windows Admin user.

Then the game should run from Steam/our launcher, and enable all the DLCs.

Ah, that is usually an antivirus app getting in the way. What antivirus app do you use? You need to make sure all these apps are in its exceptions lists:

ck3.exe (in the Steam CK3-binaries folder)
dowser.exe (in the Steam CK3-launcher folder)
C:/users//AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2023.7.1/paradox launcher.exe
C:/users//AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/bootstrapper-v2.exe

IF that doesn't help, also set each of those .exe files (EXCEPT ck3.exe !) to run as the Windows Admin user.

Then the game should run from Steam/our launcher, and enable all the DLCs.
Thank you very much