• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heya Scanz, I see you mentioning clearing out your cache folders. Could you try renaming your "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III" folder to something different (like Crusader Kings III old)?

Afterward, try launching the game again to check if it starts up. A new folder should be generated at launch.

Heya Scanz, I see you mentioning clearing out your cache folders. Could you try renaming your "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III" folder to something different (like Crusader Kings III old)?

Afterward, try launching the game again to check if it starts up. A new folder should be generated at launch.
doesnt work.
i try to delete it.
game dont start even after change game version to 1.4.4 :(

Last edited:
@Scanz I see, could you upload the latest crash logs (Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\crashes) after you deleted the Crusader Kings III folder and rebooted the game?

@blizzer93 Please create a separate thread and we will investigate the issues you are having!

1.5 after delete ck3 folder

Attachments

• debug.log
    131,1 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    238,4 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    59,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    873 bytes · Views: 0
  • exception.txt
    961 bytes · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
    749 bytes · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    18,2 MB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    4,7 KB · Views: 0
Thank you Scanz, this is extremely helpful for the development team who are investigating this issue!
If I may just bother you for one more thing:

Could you upload a screenshot of your launcher "front page" with the playlists open.

1644361692216.png

And lastly also a screenshot of the Playsets list for the active playset (marked with green in the list)

1644361841566.png

Thank you once again for all the help with figuring out your issue!

Hm, it seems like you have several playsets with the same name. Could you go through all the other playsets (seems to be at least 4 others?) and make sure all mods are disabled in those too?

1644362398811.png

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

Does that help anyone?

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

Does that help anyone?
NO
read error log

I had the same issue until i found a personal solution to this:

So at first i did everything inclusive deleting everything in the documents and AppData Folder from Paradox and Crusader Kings 3 (and no, i won't touch my stellaris-saves). Then i reinstalled everything; that didn't made the cut.

So what i did was following: i disabled the Royal Court DLC, then i downgraded in the Beta-Section of the Steam Client to 1.4.4. So back to it, i started the game, it worked. After this i did the following:

Go to Setting, and DISABLE ANIMATED CHARACTER (don't worry, this is only a temporary measure).

Then i upgraded to the Retail-Version but left Royal Court DLC disabled. Then Start the game again; after it it loaded as usual, the character-animations were disabled. Then i re-enabled them in my settings, saved them, watched if the characters are animated (yes they were) and quit the game. After this, i re-enabled the Royal Court DLC, waited until the download is finished, started the game again and it worked.

Some steps that i did above might be unnecessary, but for me they worked.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I had the same issue until i found a personal solution to this:

So at first i did everything inclusive deleting everything in the documents and AppData Folder from Paradox and Crusader Kings 3 (and no, i won't touch my stellaris-saves). Then i reinstalled everything; that didn't made the cut.

So what i did was following: i disabled the Royal Court DLC, then i downgraded in the Beta-Section of the Steam Client to 1.4.4. So back to it, i started the game, it worked. After this i did the following:

Go to Setting, and DISABLE ANIMATED CHARACTER (don't worry, this is only a temporary measure).

Then i upgraded to the Retail-Version but left Royal Court DLC disabled. Then Start the game again; after it it loaded as usual, the character-animations were disabled. Then i re-enabled them in my settings, saved them, watched if the characters are animated (yes they were) and quit the game. After this, i re-enabled the Royal Court DLC, waited until the download is finished, started the game again and it worked.

Some steps that i did above might be unnecessary, but for me they worked.
Cant confirm
im loading 1.4.4 without RC
disable everything
update 1.5 (rc disabled)
CRASHed with same errors

the game crashes during loading

Already tryied:
1. all mods off.
2. trying check game data
3. trying clear Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III chache folders
4. trying reinstall launcher.
5. steam restart
6. PC restart
7. clean install
8. reinstall video drivers.

*info keep updating*

OK. Im looking in to logs and after google it
error
[21:20:37][gfx_dx11_shaderstate.cpp:145]: Failed getting shader for PixelShaderDepthofField
[21:20:37][gfx_dx11_master_context.cpp:575]: Failed creating shader state
[21:20:42][gfx_dx11_pixelbuffer.cpp:177]: D3D error: hr returned: The parameter is incorrect.
[21:20:42][pdx_assert.cpp:583]: Assertion failed: hr returned:
The parameter is incorrect.
[21:20:42][gfx_dx11_master_context.cpp:481]: Failed creating pixel buffer

Unhandled Exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF7859381CE

seems like PDX broke old video drivers or something like this
I'm afraid your video card is not up to the minimum requirement of the game, whIch is the nVidia GTX 660. It seems that is the problem here, as the 1.5 patches are strict about this, earlier cards like your GTX 260 do not fully support DX11 (or more specifically, only support up to feature_level 10_0).

What you can do is edit the pdx_settings.txt file and change the renderer line from DX11 to OpenGL. It will be slower but ought to at least work from now on.

TO THE OTHERS IN THIS THREAD: you may or may not have the same cause of your problems as the OP; check your video card as a start or make the settings change I mentioned, see if that helps.

I'm afraid your video card is not up to the minimum requirement of the game, whIch is the nVidia GTX 660. It seems that is the problem here, as the 1.5 patches are strict about this, earlier cards like your GTX 260 do not fully support DX11 (or more specifically, only support up to feature_level 10_0).

What you can do is edit the pdx_settings.txt file and change the renderer line from DX11 to OpenGL. It will be slower but ought to at least work from now on.

TO THE OTHERS IN THIS THREAD: you may or may not have the same cause of your problems as the OP; check your video card as a start or make the settings change I mentioned, see if that helps.
yes it is, but 1.4.4 starts and i can play with medium setting and 30-40 fps.
I think the problem is in optimizing the 3d room (court yard) and method of 3d modeling or maybe there are undocumented changes in the game engine ??

all errors are related to the rendering of yard shaders

> Failed creating shader state

with OpenGL game starts . but very bad (no characters, no icons, lagging and not responsive UI )
1644946042373.png
1644945881102.png

Last edited:
yes it is, but 1.4.4 starts and i can play with medium setting and 30-40 fps.
I think the problem is in optimizing the 3d room (court yard) and method of 3d modeling or maybe there are undocumented changes in the game engine ??

all errors are related to the rendering of yard shaders

> Failed creating shader state

with OpenGL game starts . but very bad (no characters, no icons, lagging and not responsive UI )
That's right, those errors indicate your card/driver cannot supply the DX11 functions the game wants to use (which are presumably new since 1.5). I am sorry but your card is so far below the published minimum requirement for the game, I don't think anything can be done about it if openGL doesn't run well enough for you.

You will have stay on 1.4.4 it seems, until you can get access to a machine with supported hardware.

Sorry about that!