• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just finished reading through this, and like someone already pointed it out, it reminded me of that "WW2 RTS" thing.
Looking forward that Qing AAR :)

Emu, Chinese have such name:
Zhang Wang Zhao Li Qian Xu Sun Yang Jiang Ma Zhou Han Wei Qin Zhu etc...

kevinxu said:
Emu, Chinese have such name:
Zhang Wang Zhao Li Qian Xu Sun Yang Jiang Ma Zhou Han Wei Qin Zhu etc...
A list of real Chinese names would be useful... but if I'm writing a comedy AAR, I will also just be making up a few names that SOUND Chinese to a Canadian reader, but can be made into jokes.

Examples:

Yu = You
Wen = When
Wei = Why
Hu = Who

Naturally, I intend no offense to Chinese readers... it's all in fun.

blue emu said:
A list of real Chinese names would be useful... but if I'm writing a comedy AAR, I will also just be making up a few names that SOUND Chinese to a Canadian reader, but can be made into jokes.

Examples:

Yu = You
Wen = When
Wei = Why
Hu = Who

Naturally, I intend no offense to Chinese readers... it's all in fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Family_Surnames

blue emu said:
Examples:

Yu = You
Wen = When
Wei = Why
Hu = Who

Don't forget "mi" :rofl:

bos said:
Hu's on First?
That was my planned title for one of the episodes... named after the well-known Abbot and Costello skit: "Who's on first?"

Chiang: Wait!... wait!... what's this Division doing way over there? Which idiot gave THOSE orders?

Colonel Hong: Yu did, sir.

Chiang: Oh, now it's MY fault, is it? :mad:

Blue Emu, we are waiting for your funny and awesame AAR, you don't need to pay much attention to the game, but to the dialogue, it's super, I can't invent such jokes like you.
But I can't drink water when I read your AAR, to protect my Computer from being poured with water.

kevinxu said:
Blue Emu, we are waiting for your funny and awesame AAR...
Unfortunately, I am currently selling my house in Ottawa and packing up to move 1000 km to New Brunswick... so I have very little time to devote to playing or writing. It will probably be a month or so before I will have enough time to do a proper job on an AAR, and rather than start it and then put it on hold after a few updates, I thought it would be better to just wait until I am settled in and unpacked in the my new house before I begin the AAR.

I'm sure you've got a lot of input already, would like to add my view too anyways

really good AAR =D especially the pre-war. how about making it about a real multi-player game, which would be more even? (since i guess you get a lot of ideas from there anyways) when everything went the german players way, dialogue is more limited to "i got more of this, look when i trash you here"... now when germany gets pawned somewhere and hitler starts to eat funny pills and order around armies that don't exist, that could be a whole new territory to explore!

was really cool with the japanes crazy guy too, that invention added a lot of feeling to it! (even though i could not get my self to "read" all of his sentences, only most of them.. yes i'm lazy)

hope you're thinking about doing another sometime :)

regards