• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
blue emu said:
I'm saving the title: "The Man Who Would Be Qing" for a Manchukuo AAR.
Yet another very good pun on a very good title of a very good movie. I approve.

congrulations for your first real AAR Emu. you`d better update the first page and put the links. i was just checking the first page and when it locked in the update 17, i thought that you got busy with some new courses again and stopped controlling this AAR.

one day, luckily, i saw your AAR in the AAR list and checked it out and it was there, alive :)

thanks for your suggestions to Mod-34. it`s the best mod i`ve ever played and tech part is superb. i hope they will make some enhancements to it.

and i`m impatient for your all cavalry units SOV AAR ...

blue emu: ...So that's it... the Japanese folded to my demands without waiting for an invasion of the Home Islands... just like in real life.

totally awesome ! ! :D

i'm really glad that i found this AAR ! !
:cool:

Just dropped in to say Congratulations on your ACA win Blue Emu! And don't forget to tell us when you release your next AAR!

Conrgats,
this was truly great, now you need to turn it into a movie or a book :)
Could work, you already have a fan base

81ue Ernu u,0u r0cl<!!

8e5t 44R ever

trekaddict said:
So, Emu, where is your next AAR?
I'm in the middle of preparing for a 700 km move... from Ottawa to the Atlantic Provinces. I could indeed start my Qing Dynasty AAR (The Man Who Would Be Qing), but it would probably go on hold for a few weeks when the move actually takes place. For some of my readers, that might be more painful than just delaying the whole thing until I'm settled in at the new house.

I'm again planning it as a sort-of-comedy... it seems to me that the names of the Chinese Generals offer great possibilities for an Abbot & Costello-esque "Hu's on first" comedy routine.

======== ========== ========= ========= ==========

Chiang: All right... let's get this briefing under way. Who's in charge of the 15th Army?

Colonel Hong: Uhh... no sir. Hu's in charge of the 11th Army. Wang is commanding the 15th Army.

Chiang: He is?

Colonel Hong: No, we had to fire him... Hee was an idiot. You remember?

Chiang: Who was?

Colonel Hong: No sir... Hee was. Hu is doing much better.

Chiang: Who is?

Colonel Hong: Yes sir. That's right.

Chiang: Arrrgh!

Well Blue Emu, if that was a sneak preview, I will definitly follow that one!

That piece alone is a masterpiece by it self! :rofl:

I just read this AAR and it was pure brilliance. And I'm eagerly looking forward to your ChinAAR. The excerpt, more like teaser, whet my appetite significantly.

Great stuff, even if only a preview.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! If you start this, I won't have the only Nat China AAR anymore. Please, I'm not a good writer, I need the exclusivity. ;)

Now, I'm going to have to post everyday to make sure that I have Japan beaten before you start posting.

Porkman said:
NOOOOOOO!!!!! If you start this, I won't have the only Nat China AAR anymore...
I was thinking of playing Qing Dynasty China, in the PTEAP mod (Peace To End All Peaces). That would allow me to use a pun in the title... The Man Who Would Be Qing (after that old Yul Brynner movie, The Man Who Would Be King).