• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you so much for this AAR.

"This is Baldrack. Who is Baldrack?" <---One of the things I don't get from what is presumably PDS sci fi humor.

The Galactic Times

BIbWwOC.jpg

Pouz-Jok Embassy Opening

August 3, 2250: Paris, Earth- In a ceremony earlier today President Nishimura officially welcomed the ambassador from the Pouz-Jok Compact. Originating in the Lockand System the Pouz-Jok are a highly militarized and authoritarian society ruled over by a military council and led by Archon Murgaud cur’Padarn. Despite concerns about rampant militarization of Pouz-Jok society relations with the compact have remained cordial, although only time will tell if the peace continues.

Not precisely natural allies, but we shall see

More hegemonic imperialist, better keep your guard up then.

Perhaps they will need to be set in place...

Awesome story! Did you deliberately explore space so slowly that you've barely met alien life by 2230? And could you show us a map of the galactic politics (maybe with notes attached to show eachother's relationships)?

The Galactic Times

rCb4XID.jpg

Nishimura Wins Reelection

April 2, 2252: New York City, Earth- Today President Tatsuki Nishimura has successfully won reelection by a landslide. Bolstered by a booming economy Nishimura’s approval ratings have skyrocketed and throughout the campaign no serious challenger emerged. In his second inaugural address President Nishimura vowed to continue the economic reforms that have been underway for the last decade and to continue to invest into orbital infrastructure.

As requested a status update for my galaxy.

Political map
WlW2gPA.jpg

Diplomatic
slMDb82.jpg

Internal stuff
Vl6e3nw.jpg

Did you deliberately explore space so slowly that you've barely met alien life by 2230?
Nope luck of the draw. So far my entire galactic arm has been devoid of advanced civilizations and I had to wait until I got Warp Drives II before I ran into another civilization.
And could you show us a map of the galactic politics (maybe with notes attached to show eachother's relationships)?
Unfortunately there is not much to explain. I'm allied to the Tzynn Empire, who is oddly very protective of me and rivaled with the Serene Birnathi Kingdom (that small green blob next to the Tzynn). Before first contact the Tzynn conquered much the Birnathi kingdom causing them to remain bitter rivals. The brown blob up "north" is a recently discovered nation that has little to no interactions with anyone in the known galaxy.

Oh the imperialist are tiny, plenty of room left to expand. Having the Tzynn as allies is good, it should mean defence spending doesn't have to be the absolute priority all the time :p

The two big boys on the local block are playing nice with each other - everyone else beware!

I've just read through this AAR in one sitting and I love it.

I'm strongly tempted to buy the game myself now. :)

I've just read through this AAR in one sitting and I love it.

I'm strongly tempted to buy the game myself now. :)
If you like science fiction, and/or roleplaying a nation, then I'd say that Stellaris is a must-have. I loved every second of my 555 hours with it, and I'm attempting to double that number once the Utopia expansion releases :D

What uniform mod is that for humans?
Wick's Human Outfits

And now for some sad news, I have decided to suspend this AAR. As Banks/Utopia draws ever closer it appears highly unlikely that i will start up this save anytime soon. I would like to thank everyone who commented and inspired me to continue writing this AAR. I had a lot of fun writing it and am already working on my next AAR for Banks/Utopia.

Wick's Human Outfits

And now for some sad news, I have decided to suspend this AAR. As Banks/Utopia draws ever closer it appears highly unlikely that i will start up this save anytime soon. I would like to thank everyone who commented and inspired me to continue writing this AAR. I had a lot of fun writing it and am already working on my next AAR for Banks/Utopia.
Just keep up your narrating style, it's really nice and unique! :)
(also, Utopia's features are going to make your AAR even better, I'm looking forward to it)